Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E19: Magic Is Real

• Start Topic

I don't understand the American education system - what's the difference between PSAT and SAT? And why do they have them, aren't college applications based on grades from school?

As for the ep, more obnoxious, overbearing Bev. Yawn.

• Love 1

The PSAT is practice/preliminary. A good score can get you a scholarship, and the test just gives you an idea of how you'll perform on the SAT, which is the same test for everyone in the country who is taking it, so colleges have a universal measure to use to compare applicants. They also use grades, essays, extra-curricular activities, and sometimes other standardized tests. (I am the same age as Adam and so my info may be out of date for the current world, but it's right on for the show!)

When I was in elementary school in the '80s I had a magic set that I loved. I thought Adam was a little old to be into it, but then I wasn't trying to impress girls. My audience was no one or family members.

Edited by dcalley
  • Love 1

I was hoping Adam was going to a least get a date out of all his effort.

Damn

I was glad he didn't, because that would have been too soon, too easy, plus I really liked the clear and not rude way the girl turned him down.

• Love 6

I was glad he didn't, because that would have been too soon, too easy, plus I really liked the clear and not rude way the girl turned him down.

I agree. I like that he didn't get a new girlfriend right away. That wouldn't have been realistic to me.

I have that Cars song still stuck in my head. It replaced Oye Como Va, which was stuck from when I watched Black-ish the night before. Now I need another old song to take its place.