Type keyword(s) to search

S05.E11: The Apartment

It's time for Cece to move into the loft. While Jess is helping her friend move out of her beloved apartment, she has to finish the school's budget by morning, which the new principal has neglected to tell her. Meanwhile, Winston gets a new partner to avoid having to work side-by-side with Aly.

Was it just me or did Cece/Hannah appear different in this episode?  Maybe it's just the fact that I watch with my TV set on zoom because I don't like the "normal" format, LOL.  

And where have I seen Winston's (short-lived) new partner before?

And where have I seen Winston's (short-lived) new partner before?

His name is Sam Richardson. He's a regular on 'Veep' and was recurring on 'The Office'.

I loved Schmidt's exasperation at Nick's acceptance of the flasher. Also, nice continuity from the first episode with Jess thinking the Loft ad was written by a girl.

His name is Sam Richardson. He's a regular on 'Veep'

OOOOOOOOOOOOOHHHHHHHHH! That's where I knew him from. That was driving me nuts.

I saw the name of the actress who played Nadia when the closing credits started rolling and was like "huh? Where was she in this episode?" Then she pops up in the closing scene flashback. 

What did Nadia do in the final flashback? My recording cut off just as Cece was about to stab the wall. I assume she had something to do with how the knife ended up in the wall in the first place.

What did Nadia do in the final flashback? My recording cut off just as Cece was about to stab the wall. I assume she had something to do with how the knife ended up in the wall in the first place.

She walked in fresh off the boat(?) from Russia(?) and said, "I want beer party and place to eat and sleep."

His name is Sam Richardson. He's a regular on 'Veep' and was recurring on 'The Office'.

I loved Schmidt's exasperation at Nick's acceptance of the flasher. Also, nice continuity from the first episode with Jess thinking the Loft ad was written by a girl.

Thanks - I watch(ed) both those shows  - I thought I recognized him!

But why would Cece move into the lift when Schmidt could move into her place. That took me right out of the episode.

I was waiting for an answer to this too. There are a lot of possible reasons, but I guess we're supposed to assume that Cece's place is kind of rough. After all, there was a knife in the wall when she moved in. Yet she's lived there for years now.  Since they are apparently having money issues regarding their wedding, it could also be that living in the loft is cheaper for them. Rent split 5 ways and all.

The real reason is the show is better when everyone is in one place. 

• Love 1

The real reason is the show is better when everyone is in one place.

Sure.  But Friends survived just fine despite both Phoebe and Ross not living in the same place as the others

Cece has roommates just like Schmidt does, too, and she doesn't seem to like or get along with them, either.

.  Does she still?  It seemed as though she was emptying out the entire appartment and leaving with everything.  

I was oddly attracted to Schmidt in this episode. Maybe it's because I've been seeing Max Greenfield everywhere while he's been promoting his new movie but...I don't know.

I felt the same way! I can usually take him or leave him, but in that scene in CeCe's apartment where he saying it's ok to be freaking out a little I just kept thinking what a beautiful smile he has, and that he looked pretty darn good in that t-shirt. I think it's because he was toned down a bit in that scene and you could see a real person coming through.

Edited by desertflower

She did have roommates. It looked like the apartment was completely empty, though. I think maybe the other roommates moved out and she couldn't afford it anymore? Rent in LA is expensive and she is now just a bartender.