Type keyword(s) to search

Erika vs Kathryn: Whose Side Are You On?

• Start Topic

POLL OPEN

66 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

True, but I think she knew better than to speak without time to think about it.  Again, cameras influence that, but still, once she weighed her options, there was only one logical choice.  Some people don't think fast on their feet, especially with a camera in their face, and this was Kathryn's first season of that.

• Love 1

True, but I think she knew better than to speak without time to think about it.  Again, cameras influence that, but still, once she weighed her options, there was only one logical choice.  Some people don't think fast on their feet, especially with a camera in their face, and this was Kathryn's first season of that.

I think she is probably a big talker.  Reminds me of when she was hammering away at Faye when she left the table and talking big and brave, but when Faye came back, she didn't really want the confrontation. She acts like all is OK, but then has a go at Kyle at her party, again about Faye. Kyle tells her if she has a problem she should take it to Faye. We never saw her do it, but she had plenty to say about her when she wasn't there. If you watch the scene with Erika again, she seems to be helping to draw Erika out; getting her to tell the story about LVP. She helps her finish her sentence in a couple of instances when Erika is grasping for words to describe LVP (I completely missed that the first time). She gave no indication she was uncomfortable with the reveal. I believe she reflected on it later and realized it could potentially looked like she was actively engaging in gossip and tried to save herself. She is just not particularly good at it.

• Love 1

I think she is probably a big talker.  Reminds me of when she was hammering away at Faye when she left the table and talking big and brave, but when Faye came back, she didn't really want the confrontation. She acts like all is OK, but then has a go at Kyle at her party, again about Faye. Kyle tells her if she has a problem she should take it to Faye. We never saw her do it, but she had plenty to say about her when she wasn't there. If you watch the scene with Erika again, she seems to be helping to draw Erika out; getting her to tell the story about LVP. She helps her finish her sentence in a couple of instances when Erika is grasping for words to describe LVP (I completely missed that the first time). She gave no indication she was uncomfortable with the reveal. I believe she reflected on it later and realized it could potentially looked like she was actively engaging in gossip and tried to save herself. She is just not particularly good at it.

So it's another "Lisa R and Munchausen" conversation. Better to put it out there and say  " My bad." first than to get called on it later.

• Love 2

I think I'm on Erika's side but not for her reasons. As already said, there's no confidentiality on a reality show, and she's lucky it wasn't edited to look more like what Kathryn described. But, as I remember it Erika opened up about her dead grandmother, and Kathryn held herself up as a trustworthy person. And that's where I can't be team Kathryn. To me she demonstrated zero integrity.

That said, I feel like it's too soon for me to get too invested. This isn't Jill vs. Bethenny, or even the OC stuff with Shannon. It's two new players, neither of whom seem like they'll last very long, both in the enormous shadow of Yolanda drama. It doesn't even feel like a real thing to me, if that makes sense.

• Love 5

I never took it as Erika giving advice at all so that's what really bugged me about the way Katheryn relayed that conversation. She made it seem like Erika was issuing some kind of warning when in fact all Erika was doing was sharing HER opinion about how she thinks Lisa operates. Not that she said anyone needs to be careful. It came across as Erika expressing that she's very aware of they way Lisa V handles situations and handles the ladies. Actually I think It was more about Erika trying to impress upon Kathryn that she's astute and nothing gets passed her and not so much Erika trying to put Kathryn on guard. Kinda like hey, check me out, I just got here and already I'm savvy enough to make this call about Lisa V. Now was it a favorable review? No but to me that's all it was. Her review of Lisa V, not some red alert that she was trying to beat Kathryn over the head with.

You could be right Truely. Erika was putting lvp in the spotlight. Kathryn could have just taken that info and seen for herself what Lisa was like. That's probably not good t.v though.

• Love 1

I still think the rules of Real Housewives allow for the women to have expectations that things said in confidence, although filmed, will be treated in confidence until the footage airs.

• Love 3

I still think the rules of Real Housewives allow for the women to have expectations that things said in confidence, although filmed, will be treated in confidence until the footage airs.

Especially when one of them has just offered to be real friend - or however Kathryn put it.
  • Love 3

But Erika never stipulated that her ruminations on Lisa were confidential. And, unless that condition was expressed and edited out, Erika was predicated her persona among the women on trumpeting her transparency and 'realness.' So per what was broadcast, there was no confidence to betray.

• Love 3

I never heard the words in confidence or just between the two of us, so I have to give Kathryn a pass.  If by the nature of the conversation being pejorative  that would be assumed might be an Erika standard.  Then again she repeats (inaccurately) pejorative conversations.

To me, Eileen pretty much busted that apart when LVP claimed she and Eileen were just having a conversation between the two of them.  May be just me, but I don't think Erika of all people, expects conversations to be confidential unless she gets caught in the crossfire.  Interesting concept.  That would mean Erika repeating to Yolanda the conversation she was next to would have been covered by that rule and certainly the conversation Erika and Yolanda had about LVP and Kyle talking about her children, and finally Yolanda telling Kyle and LVP about her conversation she blamed Lisar for about her children. 

Like all things if one has a negative result for having an opinion repeated I think it is a question of trying to shift responsibility.  Quite honestly Tom had pretty much told LVP what he thought of her, so I don't see why Erika would find it so offensive that Kathryn Erika's repeated a similar observation.

• Love 1

I think when someone talks negatively about another person behind their back it's implied that the conversation should not be shared with the subject of the conversation, however, when said conversation is filmed for a reality show all bets are off. Kathryn, if she wanted to be on good terms with LVP, had to tell her because it was inevitable that LVP would later see/hear the conversation and be upset with Kathryn for not telling her and/or for being a party to the conversation even though Kathryn didn't say anything negative about LVP herself. Erika put Kathryn in a bad spot so I can't blame Kathryn for spilling the beans to LVP. If this was something Erika told Kathryn off camera it would be a different story. 

• Love 2