Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E05: Tanks For Nuthin'

God, Brock with that thing up his butt was gold!  Warrianna's really growing on me

How much you want to bet that Dr. Mrs. The Monarch will become the only Monarch?  I have a feeling Monarch and 21 will turn to heroism soon.  Either way, I don't see them staying married for too much longer.  Also, Monarch accidentally coming across his new awesome gadgets is great

Forgive me for being stupid, but who was the Think Tank guy supposed to be spoofing?  I get MODOK.  I'm talking about his civilian professor form.

Loved the gag of the security guard at the impound being knocked out.

And with two more villains dead on his property, Rusty's stock is going to drop even more but his vigilante cred is going to go way up, whether he wants it or not.

Edited by bmoore4026
  • Love 1

Well, Gary killed Haranguetan. Good for him. I love that there was a Haranguetank.

And we finally saw Think Tank and he didn't disappoint. Of course being a Guild villain he won't actually kill Venture, just wanted to match wits. Of course Venture has no wits. Of course he was too awesome to last past one episode. All the villains are gonna end up dead down that hole, aren't they?

Really loving where the Blue Morpho plot is going. Lots of contrivances are going to point Rusty as the Blue Morpho, but there's gonna be a point when Rusty & Morpho are seen together and it'll all hit the fan.

Forgive me for being stupid, but who was the Think Tank guy supposed to be spoofing?  I get MODOK.  I'm talking about his civilian professor form.

I'm gonna say he looks like Cornell West, and his civilian form was even more MODOK-y than Think Tank, flaoting chair and everything.

Saw this episode on DVR delay due to the Oscars. Felt weird to fast-forward past the commercials.

Another series of misunderstandings? Brock playing buttmonkey again? I like the series, I think it's the best thing to come out of Adult Swim, but I'm not finding myself being drawn by the current story. On the other hand, I might ask for a Blue Morpho sketch on Saturday to go with my Monarch.

Anybody else think Rusty might not live to see the next season?

I think Dr. Mrs the Monarch is going to think the new Blue Morpho is Rusty.  That's who she means is her real enemy.  She saw the Morpho Mobile fly up to Venture Tower and then Banshee and Think Tank die, she has to think Rusty is the Blue Morpho (especially after Rusty popped his head up to see what happened).

I knew that the "back scratcher" was going to be...uh...handy for something in the episode as soon as I saw it.

One good thing about the way things played out: Dean will have additional time to cram for that exam now that the professor has been Whale Holed.

Monarch Mansion is going to be a cool house once it's all fixed up.

So now Dr. Mrs. The Monarch thinks Rusty is Blue Morpho? The sixth season teaser suddenly makes more sense!

It looks like Brock and Warrianna are a couple now.

I wish I could understand Battleaxe better, but she was amusing.

• Love 2

I'm 75% sure I know how this season will end, and I don't care. If I'm right, it'll be cool, if I'm wrong it'll mean I get a surprise. I'm loving everything.

On the t-shirt club tip:

This week's design more than makes up for it not being a "Strokey's Gentlemen's Club" shirt (see the billboard to the right of "Ye Old Battleaxe").

Edited by revbfc

I love this show so much. I laughed so much.

Mostly from the Customer Service guys for the Guild. True banal evil, putting customers on hold, giving them crappy merchandise and generally mocking them.

I love the absurdity of the show. Of course every villain has to play elaborate and convoluted games with their arches otherwise they'd have to try and get a hate on for every new protagonist out there. SO much effort. This way they can draw out the hatred longer, let it simmer, let it seethe, let it settle.

I'm gonna say he looks like Cornell West, and his civilian form was even more MODOK-y than Think Tank, flaoting chair and everything.

whilst watching I thought "that sounds like Jeffry Wright's character from Boardwalk Empire, that's sort of an obscure choice for a parody". It was Jeffry Wright.

• Love 1

I wonder how many dead Guild members it's going to take before all the villains on Wide Whale's "friends & family" plan refuse to arch Rusty anymore. Or how many it'll take before WW decides to give up on the arching, since it's his business associates that are being taken out.

(edited)

I realized that Warianna is a spoof of Arianna Huffington. Why did it take me so long to realize that?

Do you recall those old 'Xena, Warrior Princess' shows with Lucy Lawless? She first appeared in that Hercules show in the 90's, and then got her own spin off featuring her with another blonde girl and there are, er, probably a bunch of fanfics out there about the two of them if I could guess. I thought she was a spoof of that because she kept referencing Sampson as 'Herucles' and all the man-eating commentary, but I'm also not very familiar with Arianna. Could be a bit of all of it. I'm always amazed at all the detailed references they use and pull from on this show.

Edited by Souvlaki
(edited)

I know that Warrianna was spoofing the Amazons of Greek legends, hence the name and calling Brock Heracles (his Greek name, despite what Disney and Xena told us). The Amazons were also said to have cut one breast off to improve their archery skills, much like she does. (ETA) Plus her invisible chariot is driven by geese, also attributed to them.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 1

It's weird that Warriana (an Amazon-ish character) called Brock "Heracles." According to the most common versions of the Greek myths, Heracles killed Hippolyte (the Queen of the Amazons) so he could take her magic girdle, and completely wiped out the Libyan tribe of the Amazons. Not exactly a romantic story.

Lots of contrivances are going to point Rusty as the Blue Morpho, but there's gonna be a point when Rusty & Morpho are seen together and it'll all hit the fan.

I don't think they've been contrivances so far. Billy was high, and both Venture and the Monarch have a goatee. Dr Mrs The Monarch saw the flying car go over the tower and then Doctor Venture pop up. I don't think it's that bad.

I would be down for a show just from the pov of Dr Mrs The Monarch. All this bureaucratic nonsense is hilarious and fascinating to me. 

Think Tank looked like Jeffery Wright when he was on Boardwalk Empire, who played a character that thought he was a lot smarter than everyone else, who also voiced Think Tank. So I don't know if they were spoofing anyone or just going for an actor with a really good voice. 

whilst watching I thought "that sounds like Jeffry Wright's character from Boardwalk Empire, that's sort of an obscure choice for a parody". It was Jeffry Wright.

Whoa. Who is arching whom?

I think the Monarch as Blue Morpho is way more interesting. It seems iirc, and I've only watched the episodes once, that he's more hands on now than as the Monarch and likes it better. The pushing of the button and the "oooooohh" realization was hilarious. 

There's got to be some regulations about how many times Venture can be arched. 

Watching the sixth season. When Brock got scanned by Think Tank, these aliases came up: Goldilocks, Jesus Tralfaz, Ape Drape, Captain Mullethead, Frankenmullet, Brock of Ages, ThinKukese, Brock Lobster, Brocodile, POP ‘n’ Fresh, Babe Ruthless, Brock Ness Monster, Agent Topanga Laurence, Hockey Hair.

I need a life. ?

• Love 2