Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)
10 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

I'm looking at Shelbi Crawford's FB page and literally every single picture is a selfie. It makes me feel kind of bad because it seems like she has no friends. 

https://www.facebook.com/ShelbiCrawfordONLY1/

Her body used to look unbelievable! 

Gosh, I'm surprised no one has posted about this, as much as people have been talking about Tasha's Instagram. Shelbi's Facebook pics are just as bad! They all look like this. :\

image.jpeg

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1
12 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

Gosh, I'm surprised no one has posted about this, as much as people have been talking about Tasha's Instagram. Shelbi's Facebook pics are just as bad! They all look like this. :\

image.jpeg

???????? OMG. That's AMAZING.

• Love 3

Amy L is honestly an amazing talent...I went thru her IG a few months back and was really impressed by all her talent and hard work. that is why I SO wish we saw more of her last year because I think she has so much to offer! I was thinking she did a tap solo last year too but it doesn't sound like it.  Her boyfriend is also an awesome dancer! I think his name is Harry or something but check out his IG sometime too. He seems hilarious!! 

As for singing, they showed a clip of her auditioning to sing at show group and it was terrible lol Maybe it was just a bad moment? 

• Love 4
43 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

As for singing, they showed a clip of her auditioning to sing at show group and it was terrible lol Maybe it was just a bad moment? 

Was Amy L singing the Star Spangled Banner at show group auditions? That's a really tough song to spring on someone (and she was a Rookie). You've really got to get the key right, or your completely sunk!

(edited)
16 minutes ago, Oranaiche said:

They didn't show Amy singing during show group auditions. I tried to find videos of her singing but my internet sleuthing skills failed me.

31:34 of the link below is Amy L's struggle:  ETA!! now that i pasted it in here it's coming up at around 18:42 minutes in?? no idea why the point changed...

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, cheerpink said:

I wish I knew why they cut Hunter - I had no idea that she could kick too

dang! i didn't realize that was her! i actually was thinking maybe her kicks sucked and that was part of her cut. nope!! 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

31:34 of the link below is Amy L's struggle:  ETA!! now that i pasted it in here it's coming up at around 18:42 minutes in?? no idea why the point changed...

Huh, I stand corrected. I guess I didn't remember because I was thinking that she'd be a better singer than that. Granted it's a really short clip, but still. As a vocal performance major myself I expected better. She's a great dancer! Heh. :)

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, cheerpink said:

I wish I knew why they cut Hunter - I had no idea that she could kick too

That's a pretty kick! Maybe the show will shed some light on her cut. I still didn't really think her solo did her justice, but it's possible she had a bad interview. We'll have to just wait until August I guess.

• Love 1
34 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Amy started the song in too high a key for her, thus making it very difficult to maintain pitch when the song soars.  Like I said, The Star Spangled Banner is a really difficult song to sing on the fly. You've really got to practice. Amy L's tone quality sounded good, so I imagine she's got a decent singing voice. Her pitch was all wonky. I'll be interested to see if she sings it again this year with a better performance plan and vocal practice.

• Love 1

My guess is that she had a terrible interview - Hunter did a hip hop solo which is her strength and there's no way Kelli and Judy would pass on her just because they thought she "wasn't technical" enough. Judging by just her kicks/solo, there's no way that they would be able to tell. 

• Love 3
On May 24, 2016 at 8:08 PM, Runnergrl37 said:

i wonder if any of the girls read these threads. Some if it would probably be good for them, some positive constructive criticism. Or some a reality check, like how lame they are. hi shelbi!

My comments always come up a reply. Sorry runnergrl37!

• Love 2

Good for Kat. Personally I think she looks great. Mavs took a certain two-time former TCC (I'm going to continue to not use her name on this board to prevent further Twitter outbursts on her part) who is a far weaker dancer than Kat. I hope Kat makes it and can continue doing what she loves.

• Love 13

Hunter's one still shot of a single high kick in a routine is no indication of how she kicks linked up to other girls, doing a series of kicks with choreography, etc. it takes a lot of coordination and stamina, plus flexibility, to do a good kickline.

Her solo was not good in my opinion. Looked like a cheerleader trying to dance - disconnected, not fluid, not very technical, then trying to throw in a badly executed trick just for wows.

she's pretty and can improve over a year, and wow them next year. She can do it. She's just not there yet. 

• Love 2

I'm sure the show will tell us what happened, it could be a combo of interview and that they just maybe didn't like her look. No idea, I'm sad she didn't make it but maybe next year.

8 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yikes, I thought she had gotten rid of all of those posts.

Well, at least she's shown K&J now that they made the right choice not bringing her to camp.  A girl that immature would not be able to survive TC and the criticisms they get there.  I think another year to grow up will do her a world of good. 

• Love 3
(edited)

Okay, that Megan girl is PATHETIC!  I hope she never makes it.  And I doubt she will ever make it after acting like that.

As to Amy's tap routine, I love it!  But it is frustrating how that clip reveals more about Amy than we ever saw on the show -- I wish they let us get to know all the girls and not just 1-2.

Edited by Smplsimon
  • Love 6
On 5/23/2016 at 5:27 PM, LaurenBrook said:

Amy's kicks don't look too bad in the photo she posted on her IG from the field portion!! 

Agreed. Her kicks are gr8. She is actually kicking next to Simone a returning Vet and they are right up there with hers. Interesting that they grouped her with a mixed group of short, tall and different colors of the rainbow. I've never known them to do that when comparing the girls against each other on the field. 

16 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Okay, that Megan girl is PATHETIC!  I hope she never makes it.  And I doubt she will ever make it after acting like that.

As to Amy's tap routine, I love it!  But it is frustrating how that clip reveals more about Amy than we ever saw on the show -- I wish they let us get to know all the girls and not just 1-2.

I kind of wonder if some of these girls don't want to be on the show...Amy L is really close with Sarah Gourley and I always got the impression that Sarah doesn't love the MTT show and how it promotes drama, etc.  I know Amy lived with her for a while and she kind of mentored her...I wonder if she encouraged her to try to stay off the show and just enjoy the process lol  

OR it's just that Amy L is super talented and has zero drama to her personality so she's not exciting for them to film. I remember an interview with Jessica Allison on her local station before camp and she sounded really excited about being filmed for the show and then she wasnt on it like at ALL and it seems like she was just a chill girl who was a great dancer so they didn't have anything noteworthy to film with her lol 

• Love 1

I liked that at the end of the clip, Amy transitioned into more contemporary dancing instead of a whole tap solo but her tapping is excellent.

If someone posts something on here that you do not agree with or the post upsets you, please use the ignore feature on here. Also, please try to remember to make your opinion or thoughts once and move on. Yes, we can discuss certain girls on here, but repeated posts saying the same thing over and over again can upset the flow of the thread. Please be respectful and be civil when it comes to discussing the girls and the numerous other DCC topics. If you have a concern or question, please send a PM to one of the mods or a report to the report center. Thank you.

(edited)

Megan's posts about being cut are ill-advised for sure, but not enough to make me hope she never makes the team! I'm looking at her posts with a decade or more of life experience than her, and I can see how what she's doing is not helping her situation at all, and could potentially hurt her in the future. But it takes maturity to understand that. I read somewhere that the part of your brain that helps you predict the consequences of your behavior and think before you act is slow to develop and is still changing well into early adulthood. In other words, I can't really fault someone who IS young immature for being immature. Experiencing the consequences of this type of behavior will hopefully help her grow up, and come back wiser and smarter.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 1
(edited)

She's trying out for the mavs, I'm pretty sure. What she needs is someone to guide her, help her understand that whining on twitter isn't going to do anything. Work harder next time, join a Dallas team for experience and come back better than ever.

Wait...Kat has the DCC handle again. What'd they just decide to take her back or is that something she did herself?

Edited by heatherrrrz
(edited)
12 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

Yikes, I thought she had gotten rid of all of those posts.

I can't see anything  What did she say?

Edited by MrsEVH
  • Love 1

I follow Shelbi on Instagram and she just posted a throwback picture from when she auditioned for Mavs a few years ago........ Hope this doesn't mean that she's thinking about trying out for Mavs again

• Love 1

I work with several young people who are Megan's age, and the ones who act like she is now are the ones who are incredibly spoiled and/or just had really bad parents.  And they seem to forever view the world through an entitlement lens.  Hence, my statement that I hope she never makes it (and she probably won't because Kelly hates that personality type).

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

She's trying out for the mavs, I'm pretty sure. What she needs is someone to guide her, help her understand that whining on twitter isn't going to do anything. Work harder next time, join a Dallas team for experience and come back better than ever.

Wait...Kat has the DCC handle again. What'd they just decide to take her back or is that something she did herself?

I see that too!! what the heck?? can they make someone who was cut from the team into an all-star? LOL 

They are probably just doing something with the twitter handles again...i swear they need more tech people. 

14 minutes ago, cheerpink said:

I follow Shelbi on Instagram and she just posted a throwback picture from when she auditioned for Mavs a few years ago........ Hope this doesn't mean that she's thinking about trying out for Mavs again

Huh..and I never realized she had two FB accounts either.  Looks like she just quit one and started her newer one from there. Nothing wrong with that, I just think I'd delete my old one at some point lol 

7 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

I work with several young people who are Megan's age, and the ones who act like she is now are the ones who are incredibly spoiled and/or just had really bad parents.  And they seem to forever view the world through an entitlement lens.  Hence, my statement that I hope she never makes it (and she probably won't because Kelly hates that personality type).

I simply do not understand her thoughts. Girls that tried out on a whim?!? Right. How can having years of dance and/or cheer team, prep classes, technique classes, 2 dance outfits, a written test, a choreographed solo, hair, makeup, workouts, a tough job interview, and three nerve biting rounds of auditions EVER be considered a whim? 

Every single girl in that DCC trading camp EARNED that right to be there. The fact that it's been weeks and she is still whining is only hurting herself. People with this mindset always do themselves in. Some never outgrow it. 

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Simone's video has already been posted and extensively discussed.

I think she's asking why she can't see the clip...and I'm afraid I don't have an answer for that :-/ Maybe an update needed on your computer? flash or something? 

6 minutes ago, Smplsimon said:

Simone's video has already been posted and extensively discussed.

She was quoting it and asking about technical difficulties, not posting it again.

19 minutes ago, Sunnydays5691 said:

Anyone know why can't see the clips? I just have a big blank spot.

That's really weird and a bummer! Maybe a firewall issue or Java? I am not tech savvy enough to know these things but I hope you can get it figured out!

48 minutes ago, TiaGrace said:

I simply do not understand her thoughts. Girls that tried out on a whim?!? Right. How can having years of dance and/or cheer team, prep classes, technique classes, 2 dance outfits, a written test, a choreographed solo, hair, makeup, workouts, a tough job interview, and three nerve biting rounds of auditions EVER be considered a whim? 

Every single girl in that DCC trading camp EARNED that right to be there. The fact that it's been weeks and she is still whining is only hurting herself. People with this mindset always do themselves in. Some never outgrow it. 

What did she write?  And which one is Megan?  ugh - I have a feeling I'm going to be so lost during this season ... despite reading this board religiously, I still have no clue who is who!

It would be great if  Kat tried out for Mavs ... maybe her style is more suited for that.  She seems like a pleasant girl so hope she makes it (to be honest if they took Kathryn, I think they will take her).

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

What did she write?  And which one is Megan?  ugh - I have a feeling I'm going to be so lost during this season ... despite reading this board religiously, I still have no clue who is who

She wrote something like "I don't understand why all these girls who tried out on a whim got into training camp while I didn't after working so hard" not her words but that's the gist of it. I don't think she made it past semi finals.

In everyone's opinion, what's the biggest difference between DCC dancers and Mav dancers?  I thought the Mav dancers were less technical and just more powerhouse, hip-hop style dancers.  If I'm correct, then the Mavs seems like the worst place for Kat given that power was her weakness.

• Love 1
Just now, Smplsimon said:

In everyone's opinion, what's the biggest difference between DCC dancers and Mav dancers?  I thought the Mav dancers were less technical and just more powerhouse, hip-hop style dancers.  If I'm correct, then the Mavs seems like the worst place for Kat given that power was her weakness.

yeah agree ... their dances seem to have more "pop" and doesn't require the "finishing the move" like DCC does.  Who knows ... maybe it lets her do the dance so fast that they can't see the lingering lyrical way she dances?  dunno

Hunter was a Mavs right?  Wonder if she will go back? 

3 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

yeah agree ... their dances seem to have more "pop" and doesn't require the "finishing the move" like DCC does.  Who knows ... maybe it lets her do the dance so fast that they can't see the lingering lyrical way she dances?  dunno

Hunter was a Mavs right?  Wonder if she will go back? 

She said she didn't know have any more audition plans but was keeping "an open mind"

hunter isn't going back to mavs.

while i agree Kat looks good (and i love Kat, shes my friend) that video is sped up. so it's harder to find mistakes. I will say she looks like shes having fun, and at the end of the day, thats the key to being a good performer. 

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

while i agree Kat looks good (and i love Kat, shes my friend) that video is sped up. so it's harder to find mistakes. I will say she looks like shes having fun, and at the end of the day, thats the key to being a good performer. 

Do you know exactly why she got cut then? lol

I am unclear as to what the Mavs like - there seems to be no clear pattern.

They have Syndey who is a master of the DCC style type dancer - wouldn't call her hip hoppy, and I think they have her in the front as though she's one of their best dancers. Very pretty and glamorous.

They have she who's name we won't use who really can't dance well at all.  Also very pretty and glamorous.

They have/had this Hunter girl - seems very hip hop and is more cute than pretty IMO.

They have/had TCC Emily R. who I'd say is a DCC style dancer who is pretty good, but makes mistakes and is sloppy.  Very pretty and glamorous, but it may have been the Mavs that styled her that way.

They rejected Vivian - who is gorgeous and great at the hip hop style.

So do they pick girls based on looks?, dance style?, something else?  Or is it some combo of factors.  Who knows.

I think Kat looks great doing that combo above and she was clearly the strongest dancer in the video by far.  Wouldn't call her glamorous though, she is more "cute" and has a nice personality.  I really hope she makes the team if she tries out either way cause I want her to be happy and I'd like to see her dancing on a team.

I'm curious what's going on w/ her Twitter handle being DCC again.

• Love 2
13 minutes ago, dalgal214 said:

I wonder if something happened with Hunter on the Mavs.  She seemed to be loving it, got to dance all the time and then end of season she's like, "ok I'm done." I can't imagine what else she could do that would challenge her like DCC or Mavs though...

• Love 1