Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

(edited)

I can't imagine every Rookie DCC will come back; there are so many of them. There always seems to be one-hit-wonders every year. To me, Simone, Kat and Jax might be the most vulnerable. I know Kelli really liked Kat last year during TC, but she loved Chelsey and Hannah too, and they were both one year girls, (tho Chelsey did make TC a second time, she didn't make the squad for a 2nd year, which puts her into the one-hit-wonder category for me.)

And we know all Vets are vulnerable if they don't keep up their dance skills and keep their weight in line with their contract. I was so surprised at Jasmine being cut last year. Didn't see that one coming AT ALL. :(

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1
(edited)

I don't think Melissa is at risk because of weight at all. She's had the same build the entire time she's been a DCC and they love her. I've seen a few people say she looks soft lately, but I don't see it at all. She looks the same to me as always -- more square and stocky than others but still looks good and obviously an amazing dancer. I can see Caila possibly being on the bubble for weight. We'll see.

Edited by Oranaiche

Totally agree, Oranaiche. Melissa has never been very hourglass. She's always been a bit square-framed, and she looks the same as when she auditioned. I also think Amy T looks the same as when she auditioned, so think she's not in danger of getting cut either.

• Love 1

My best friend is a Mavs dancer and told me that Hunter's always wanted to be a DCC, but wasn't sure if she was good enough. After going to Michelle Keys prep classes and dancing with a lot of the current DCC's she knew could outdance all of them (and she obviously can)!

She'll for sure be at auditions Saturday. Hopefully she'll actually turn into a Cowboys fan, because she's always been a diehard Niners fan. 

Also, Michelle's been teaching her all the DCC dances anyway so you best believe she'll kill at at training camp.

• Love 1
19 minutes ago, Bailey3606 said:

My best friend is a Mavs dancer and told me that Hunter's always wanted to be a DCC, but wasn't sure if she was good enough. After going to Michelle Keys prep classes and dancing with a lot of the current DCC's she knew could outdance all of them (and she obviously can)!

She'll for sure be at auditions Saturday. Hopefully she'll actually turn into a Cowboys fan, because she's always been a diehard Niners fan. 

Also, Michelle's been teaching her all the DCC dances anyway so you best believe she'll kill at at training camp.

That is SOOOO exciting!!!

I wonder if she got some tips from Sydney too lol  I don't know if they are besties on the Mavs but surely they talk! 

I can't help but like Hunter.  She seems like a sweet girl and really hard worker. 

Hunter is 100% good enough! Gorgeous and I love to watch her dance! plus with Michelle's (and probably Sydney's) help there will be no stopping her :) so excited for MTT this year! I'm in the UK and we don't have any kind of cheerleaders over here so I find the whole thing so interesting lol. 

I love Hunter, I'm so excited for this prospect. She really does outdance them all lol

13 hours ago, Bailey3606 said:

2 hours ago, heatherrrrz said:

I love Hunter, I'm so excited for this prospect. She really does outdance them all lol

Hunter is a great hip hop dancer and did really well with the Mavs style. I think she comes from a cheer background. She is adorable, definitely strong in power and projection. I take a little issue with the idea that she out-dances ALL of the current DCC...Erica, Megan, Lacey, Melissa, Holly P., Jenn K and many others are technically trained dancers who also perform hip hop and power pom very well. Have we seen her kick? It will be interesting to see how she does compared to the strong vets. I also think it's dangerous to go into auditions, and especially training camp, overly confident. You certainly don't make a lot of friends if think you are better than everyone else. 

• Love 3
26 minutes ago, mimistoppy said:

Hunter is a great hip hop dancer and did really well with the Mavs style. I think she comes from a cheer background. She is adorable, definitely strong in power and projection. I take a little issue with the idea that she out-dances ALL of the current DCC...Erica, Megan, Lacey, Melissa, Holly P., Jenn K and many others are technically trained dancers who also perform hip hop and power pom very well. Have we seen her kick? It will be interesting to see how she does compared to the strong vets. I also think it's dangerous to go into auditions, and especially training camp, overly confident. You certainly don't make a lot of friends if think you are better than everyone else. 

That is true, you have some very valid points. She does out-dance MOST of them I should say. I agree, she should not be overly confident that she's going to get in. Judy and Kelli may not like how she dances or her look. 

I don't think Hunter really is going around saying she can outdance all the DCC girls lol I stalk her IG pretty hard and honestly have always kind of got the impression she struggles with her self esteem. She works REALLY hard on her weight and has commented on how she wishes she had her sister's 'skinny genes' and also that she loves working with Michelle because Michelle really helps with her confidence.  Maybe I'm totally reading it wrong, but I think she will go in more nervous than anything. I would assume she watched last season of MTT too and saw how Madeline was poorly affected by being too sharp and hip-hoppy.  Anyway, we shall see but that's my impression. 

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I don't think Hunter really is going around saying she can outdance all the DCC girls lol I stalk her IG pretty hard and honestly have always kind of got the impression she struggles with her self esteem. She works REALLY hard on her weight and has commented on how she wishes she had her sister's 'skinny genes' and also that she loves working with Michelle because Michelle really helps with her confidence.  Maybe I'm totally reading it wrong, but I think she will go in more nervous than anything. I would assume she watched last season of MTT too and saw how Madeline was poorly affected by being too sharp and hip-hoppy.  Anyway, we shall see but that's my impression. 

I hope this is true. On Jenna Lene's IG under the #Gracechoreo there is a clip of Jena, Jessica, Caila and Hunter doing a power class dance. I didn't even notice Hunter in it. She is in the back and didn't get my attention from the DCCs in front of her. Under Hunter's IG there is a clip with Hunter dancing the same Choreo right next to Erica. In my own opinion Erica clearly out dances Hunter in every single movement. Although to me, Erica is a badass when it comes to dance. I wonder why Hunter tagged Erica on that clip? It's like watching Wonderwoman Erica dance next to Tinkerbell Hunter. 

I can see Hunter making it into training camp. She is a big and bold dancer. I can already hear Kelly's critiques. Too much booty bounce. Too soft on accents. Wrong accents on dance. Not DCC style. Still it is clear Hunter can correct these sorts of issues because from what I can see she has the feet, body, beauty and dance technique to become a DCC. 

Looks like Melissa R. has not delivered her baby yet. I wonder if she will show up Saturday and Sunday for Prelims and Semi-Finals judging. It would be interesting if she went into labor while the girls are auditioning in front of the judges. *lol*

Are auditions later this year?? Simone had a post a couple of days ago that said it had been exactly one year since she learned she made training camp... I was thinking the prelims were always around the second weekend of the month? 

39 minutes ago, RazzleberryPie said:

A friend of a teammate is not the same as Hunter herself saying she can out dance all the DCC. We don't have any proof Hunter herself said that.

I didn't mean to imply that she herself said that. I do not know Hunter personally, she may be very sweet and humble. The statement about her "knowing that she could outdance all of them" sounded arrogant. 

They usually had tryouts begin in the first week in May (Mother's Day weekend.) This year tryouts start the second weekend in May. I can understand the reasoning behind it because I am sure the judges and the girls wanting to spend time their mothers and families during Mother's Day Weekend.

1 hour ago, bigskygirl said:

Looks like Melissa R. has not delivered her baby yet. I wonder if she will show up Saturday and Sunday for Prelims and Semi-Finals judging. It would be interesting if she went into labor while the girls are auditioning in front of the judges. *lol*

Maybe Melissa will time it so that it happens during the show, to create more ~drama hahaha

23 minutes ago, mimistoppy said:

I didn't mean to imply that she herself said that. I do not know Hunter personally, she may be very sweet and humble. The statement about her "knowing that she could outdance all of them" sounded arrogant. 

You didn't mean anything bad, but things get so blown out of proportion sometimes.

21 hours ago, dccfan37 said:

Kat just tweeted about auditions and making her solo and it looks like she's going to be doing gymnastics again

Ugh...not a fan.  This is dance / cheerleading not gymnastics.  I really applaud her attitude and giving it a go but I really don't like her style of dance for DCC

20 hours ago, Kaedee said:

I can't imagine every Rookie DCC will come back; there are so many of them. There always seems to be one-hit-wonders every year. To me, Simone, Kat and Jax might be the most vulnerable. I know Kelli really liked Kat last year during TC, but she loved Chelsey and Hannah too, and they were both one year girls, (tho Chelsey did make TC a second time, she didn't make the squad for a 2nd year, which puts her into the one-hit-wonder category for me.)

And we know all Vets are vulnerable if they don't keep up their dance skills and keep their weight in line with their contract. I was so surprised at Jasmine being cut last year. Didn't see that one coming AT ALL. :(

Why did they cut Jasmine again?  I remain confused on that

19 hours ago, RazzleberryPie said:

I see Mary in that pic. Dear Mary, that means you have to re audition. It's on the internet so it's official. You have to come back. The end.

PRAISE!  I don't know why she wouldn't especially when we all love her so much lol

They basically said Jasmine did not bring her A-game as a veteran.  They hated her solo.  We didn't see enough of it for me to make my own judgment lol but they didn't feel it was appropriate for a 3 year veteran. (I believe Kelli muttered "What the hell is this??") I think they complained about her on the field too. 

5 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Ugh...not a fan.  This is dance / cheerleading not gymnastics.  I really applaud her attitude and giving it a go but I really don't like her style of dance for DCC

Same, I don't think she looks like a DCC either. I would pick Colby over Kat if she didn't have that terrible cheek filler.

3 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

They basically said Jasmine did not bring her A-game as a veteran.  They hated her solo.  We didn't see enough of it for me to make my own judgment lol but they didn't feel it was appropriate for a 3 year veteran. (I believe Kelli muttered "What the hell is this??") I think they complained about her on the field too. 

Thanks .. hmmm sounds to me like maybe they just stopped liking her?  I don't remember her solo but never thought she was the strongest of dancers.  She's clunky and not natural as a dancer. This shouldn't have been a surprise to K+J

Dang, I always thought they had the choreography longer than the new girls trying out! I guess that makes sense though. 

SIDENOTE: I see the ONE comment so far on that article is from the creepiest creepster of them all.  Not sure if anyone else has noticed him but holy heck, he terrifies me.  he comments on like EVERY article, picture, tweet, etc. and he constantly wants to know about the uniform and how he can get one? I seriously can't believe some of these people are for real. That's the stuff that would creep me out SO bad if I were a DCC. 

13 minutes ago, MaryWebGirl said:

Didn't we figure out that Melissa auditioned the year before she made it and was cut? You'd think they'd mention that in the article.

maybe they don't want to bring up the "unpleasant"?  Dunno ... it would be a nice article to focus on a girl that made it after the 2nd  or 3rd attempt. They can talk about what made the difference and why they decided to pick themselves up again and get back on the horse...?

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Dang, I always thought they had the choreography longer than the new girls trying out! I guess that makes sense though. 

SIDENOTE: I see the ONE comment so far on that article is from the creepiest creepster of them all.  Not sure if anyone else has noticed him but holy heck, he terrifies me.  he comments on like EVERY article, picture, tweet, etc. and he constantly wants to know about the uniform and how he can get one? I seriously can't believe some of these people are for real. That's the stuff that would creep me out SO bad if I were a DCC. 

I think I know who you're talking about, I always see him on instagram asking about the uniform and I try to delete the comments for the girls. 

I didn't know they had to do the choreography twice and the kickline twice, that's new information. 

Yeah, he is seriously ick.  Those Jerry guys or whatever who comment constantly, at least they are nice and most of their comments are tame like "you look great! have a wonderful day!" this guy is just...restraining order waiting to happen. 

I know that would be tiring to do choreography twice but I think that's kind of nice, in case you blow it the first time through and can pull it together for second time, to show you DO know it. 

2 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

Yeah, he is seriously ick.  Those Jerry guys or whatever who comment constantly, at least they are nice and most of their comments are tame like "you look great! have a wonderful day!" this guy is just...restraining order waiting to happen. 

I know that would be tiring to do choreography twice but I think that's kind of nice, in case you blow it the first time through and can pull it together for second time, to show you DO know it. 

I thought he was asking them about their uniforms like if they got to keep them ...I didn't know he was trying to get one himself??>  eh?

Yeah, Jerry eh I could deal with because his comments aren't THAT creepy but ugh the other one. 

Jax just reposted this girls power class video and the girl is kinda better than Jax. I think her name is Lindsay Waldron? I hope she's trying out.

5 minutes ago, heatherrrrz said:

Yeah, Jerry eh I could deal with because his comments aren't THAT creepy but ugh the other one. 

Jax just reposted this girls power class video and the girl is kinda better than Jax. I think her name is Lindsay Waldron? I hope she's trying out.

whooo where where where?  I really gotta get on instagram

Little bit off topic but speaking of creeps did you see that one guy that got a TATTOO of Kelsey?! 

Just did some digging on Lindsey's Instagram - she made it to semi finals last year but looks like she didn't make it to finals. Also a couple pictures with Jax and Amy L. She looks like a strong dancer but then there's moments when Jax looks better and then moments when she looks better. This is shaping up to be interesting...☺️ 

5 hours ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Thanks .. hmmm sounds to me like maybe they just stopped liking her?  I don't remember her solo but never thought she was the strongest of dancers.  She's clunky and not natural as a dancer. This shouldn't have been a surprise to K+J

Kelli said Jasmine "stumbled around" in her solo much like she did her first year trying out. So I'm guessing lack of growth in her skills. And apparently she was a whole count behind the DCC sequence on the turf and fell out of a turn, which is unacceptable for an auditioning 4th year Vet.

I hope all rookies make the squad again, but history points to at least one or two not making it back.  It all depends on the strength of the auditioning newbies.

Found Jax and Lindsey Waldrop's Instagrams. Lindsey seems like a good dancer, but (and I hate to say this) she seems a bit thick for DCC. She's small on top but she has really thick legs. Not sure if they'd take her because of that, but she's a pretty girl and a good hip hop dancer from what I can tell. There's a video a little down her page where you can see her dance next to DCC Stephanie, former TCC Kyndall, Kelsey Lowrance (I think), and it looks like Holly P is next to Stephanie off camera. Kind of fun.

Today I watched MTT on CMT. I saw Kelly state how hard they work to find a World Class Team. I believe her. So I'm speculating if there will be some "Paige" fallout at this year's tryouts? I was rather shocked to find out that shortly after Paige was "released", she was posting pics of her relationship with a  Dallas Cowboy Player. Then bam, they brought a house together. That means (to me) they were in a serious relationship for a very long time while Paige was a DCC. I think I remember hearing that fraternizing with the actual players is a big no-no. I wonder if there is an honor code among the DCCs where they had to inform management of Paige's rule breaking. It just seems so unclassy for cheerleaders to get involved with the team's players. In my opinion, I have to think some of the vets knew what Paige was up to.  To me it reeks of high school not something America's Sweethearts are allowed to do on a World Class Team. I wonder how management will address this or IF they actually will bother. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, TiaGrace said:

Today I watched MTT on CMT. I saw Kelly state how hard they work to find a World Class Team. I believe her. So I'm speculating if there will be some "Paige" fallout at this year's tryouts? I was rather shocked to find out that shortly after Paige was "released", she was posting pics of her relationship with a  Dallas Cowboy Player. Then bam, they brought a house together. That means (to me) they were in a serious relationship for a very long time while Paige was a DCC. I think I remember hearing that fraternizing with the actual players is a big no-no. I wonder if there is an honor code among the DCCs where they had to inform management of Paige's rule breaking. It just seems so unclassy for cheerleaders to get involved with the team's players. In my opinion, I have to think some of the vets knew what Paige was up to.  To me it reeks of high school not something America's Sweethearts are allowed to do on a World Class Team. I wonder how management will address this or IF they actually will bother. 

This has been discussed to death in the former DCCs thread, lol. Not really sure how it's relevant to this year's auditions since Paige isn't with the organization anymore. As for management addressing it, I doubt it. Seems like an isolated incident to me, and I think the rule is really only enforced for the cheerleaders, not the players, so I doubt Jeff Heath is taking any heat over it on that end of the spectrum.

Not sure if this should go here or Current DCC's but Kat just posted this vid of last years solo prep for auditions.. I think it was because someone on twitter asked if she would show a sneak peek of this years audition solo.

I hope she makes it back, she seems such a nice girl.