Type keyword(s) to search

2016 Tryouts and Training Camp Spoilers and Spoiled Speculations

bigskygirl
  • Start Topic

Two of those girls in the photo have the hair that they think Texas wants on a girl lolol 

The only thing "Miss Shelbi's Doll" said which made sense to me was the part about spending money on your solo costume. I absolutely noticed a few ladies ( hi, Madeline)clearly do NOT have the funds (or wealthy parents like Shelbi)who can stream endless dollars into trying out repeatedly.  Their costumes appear downright plain next to some of the blinded out versions. That does have to be hard for a younger woman yet rewarding when you make TC on what actually matters = your merit, your TALENT.  That combined with work ethic beats what parents try to do for a less hard-working or less-talented adult-child (who also sounds super entitled with an even more obnoxious bf).

• Love 3
(edited)

Another photo album from finals up at prodancecheer.com and while there I saw this article...trying to figure out when she wrote it.

It was before auditions. I remember someone posted it here, with a comment wondering whether someone who got cut was a relevant source of advice on how to make the team.

ETA: I found the previous mention of this article back on page 15. It was posted on May 1.

Edited by sleepyjean
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

The only thing "Miss Shelbi's Doll" said which made sense to me was the part about spending money on your solo costume. I absolutely noticed a few ladies ( hi, Madeline)clearly do NOT have the funds (or wealthy parents like Shelbi)who can stream endless dollars into trying out repeatedly.  Their costumes appear downright plain next to some of the blinded out versions. That does have to be hard for a younger woman yet rewarding when you make TC on what actually matters = your merit, your TALENT.  That combined with work ethic beats what parents try to do for a less hard-working or less-talented adult-child (who also sounds super entitled with an even more obnoxious bf).

I noticed that too with Madeline's outfit! It looked like just hot pants and a sports bra but she picked a beautiful color for herself and her dancing and performance was so strong it wasn't even a big deal. 

• Love 2

Where can I find the compilation of the dances at finals? 

Yeah I agree Melissa has huge propensity to be heavy... I don't know what it is but she definitely has thick legs, cankles, and hips.  I can see post DCC when she hits her 30s, she "blossoms" into a larger girth.

Megan seemed to have gained a little weight but she's so incredibly talented (and for some reason, I don't see it as much on her as I do on Melissa).  Weird I know.

Stephanie - sorry still scary.  It annoys me to see her on the team. 

Kat and Caila - sucks they didn't make it but I applaud their positive and mature postings. It must suck to be Caila and to be cut after two years!  I wonder if she hadn't gained the weight and if she hadn't gone partying, if she could have saved her spot.  Her dancing seemed ON.  I am surprised that everyone looked so happy during the TCC group photo.  I guess they didn't feel that badly about Kat and Caila???

• Love 3
17 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

so I'm new to the boards and following along as it happens.... Besides when we see the final team pic, will we know who gets cut from tc as it happens? I love spoilers haha

3 minutes ago, Shan18 said:
17 hours ago, Runnergrl37 said:

so I'm new to the boards and following along as it happens.... Besides when we see the final team pic, will we know who gets cut from tc as it happens? I love spoilers haha

Group practice photos get posted occasionally where you can see that someone is out or someone will make a post about their cut OR some cryptic "everything happens for a reason" post on Twitter or instagramInstagram

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, tobeyoungagain said:

Where can I find the compilation of the dances at finals? 

Yeah I agree Melissa has huge propensity to be heavy... I don't know what it is but she definitely has thick legs, cankles, and hips.  I can see post DCC when she hits her 30s, she "blossoms" into a larger girth.

Megan seemed to have gained a little weight but she's so incredibly talented (and for some reason, I don't see it as much on her as I do on Melissa).  Weird I know.

Stephanie - sorry still scary.  It annoys me to see her on the team. 

Kat and Caila - sucks they didn't make it but I applaud their positive and mature postings. It must suck to be Caila and to be cut after two years!  I wonder if she hadn't gained the weight and if she hadn't gone partying, if she could have saved her spot.  Her dancing seemed ON.  I am surprised that everyone looked so happy during the TCC group photo.  I guess they didn't feel that badly about Kat and Caila???

You don't see it on Megan as much because she is so much taller lol 

4 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Group practice photos get posted occasionally where you can see that someone is out or someone will make a post about their cut OR some cryptic "everything happens for a reason" post on Twitter or instagramInstagram

Or they change their social media account back to public lol 

• Love 3
(edited)

I could take a basic dancewear or bathing suit top and bling it out with stones to be an amazing audition outfit (a lot better than most of those tacky dallaswear tops) - years as a dance mom have at least given me this skill ;).  However, stones are extremely expensive themselves (assuming one uses the better Swarovski ones).  You can easily spend $200 on stones alone even when bought at the cheaper online discount site, and then you need to take the time glueing them on w/ smelly glue fumes all around you.  If you want to look nice, I think you just got to count on spending a good $300 on an outfit (either stones on something basic, or a dallaswear costume).   $300 is really not that much in relation to all the other stuff invested in the tryout out - dance classes to prep, travel costs just to get to and stay in Dallas if out of town, hair coloring, tanning, shoes, tights, etc.

I'm not a Madeline fan (think she's spoiled and a crybaby/drama queen), but regardless, IMO she took a huge risk in wearing something so plain for her audition.   She's lucky she can dance well and they knew her from last year cause it could have cost her.  I remember her solo costume from last year was a cheap mass produced item from a catalog called dancewear solutions and it wasn't even blinged (another huge risk when she was dancing up against girls w/ mostly custom costumes)  - I wonder what she wore this year for her solo.

Edited by MyFavShows
  • Love 1
4 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

I could take a basic dancewear or bathing suit top and bling it out with stones to be an amazing audition outfit (a lot better than most of those tacky dallaswear tops) - years as a dance mom have at least given me this skill ;).  However, stones are extremely expensive themselves (assuming one uses the better Swarovski ones).  You can easily spend $200 on stones alone even when bought at the cheaper online discount site, and then you need to take the time glueing them on w/ smelly glue fumes all around you.  If you want to look nice, I think you just got to count on spending a good $300 on an outfit (either stones on something basic, or a dallaswear costume).   $300 is really not that much in relation to all the other stuff invested in the tryout out - dance classes to prep, travel costs just to get to and stay in Dallas if out of town, hair coloring, tanning, shoes, tights, etc.

I'm not a Madeline fan (think she's spoiled and a crybaby/drama queen), but regardless, IMO she took a huge risk in wearing something so plain for her audition.   She's lucky she can dance well and they knew her from last year cause it could have cost her.  I remember her solo costume from last year was a cheap mass produced item from a catalog called dancewear solutions and it wasn't even blinged (another huge risk when she was dancing up against girls w/ mostly custom costumes)  - I wonder what she wore this year for her solo.

http://www.dfw.com/2016/05/23/1104171/dallas-cowboys-cheerleaders-solo.html

#11 is a pic from Madeline's solo. 

• Love 2

I agree with a lot of the stuff being said about Shelbi, especially if she was a part of the drive-by-commenting that her boyfriend did on Charlottes Instagram. However, I don't think it's fair to assume that she didn't work hard, or that she worked less hard than people who have less money for audition costumes or are less supported by their parents. Didn't Shelbi post a ton of videos from prep classes? Half of the videos that were getting posted here of other people at classes had Shelbi in the background. I personally think Shelbi worked really hard, but working hard doesn't always translate into getting the job you want. I think Shelbi could take ten dance classes a day and she still wouldn't be the best dancer. Some people just have more ability than others. Anyway, again, I'm not defending bad behavior whatsoever.

• Love 1

She went to a lot of prep classes but she was never really that good. There was a noticeable difference between her and one other girl, I forgot if she was dancing near Caila? maybe. 

Just now, heatherrrrz said:

She went to a lot of prep classes but she was never really that good. There was a noticeable difference between her and one other girl, I forgot if she was dancing near Caila? maybe. 

That's exactly what I said though. She could go to a ton of classes and still not be the best dancer. It doesn't mean she didn't work hard, so let's not act like she didn't work just because of the fallout that's happened. All I'm saying.

• Love 1

I commend her on working hard, I do but she needs to focus on something else. She gained weight as well, I don't think it was just her dancing. 

1 minute ago, heatherrrrz said:

I commend her on working hard, I do but she needs to focus on something else. She gained weight as well, I don't think it was just her dancing. 

I absolutely agree that she should focus on something else. I think it's fairly safe to say we probably won't see her at DCC tryouts again, but you never know.

• Love 1

I guess I didn't see anyone specifically saying Shelbi didn't work hard; I think most people here would agree she put in the time for classes and prep, etc. And heck, she has the money for a blinged out costume and top choreography - won't fault her for that either. 

I don't even know what to recommend for her...it's like she needs to do something where she is constantly having to learn a bunch of new stuff.  Like Morgan, it's really the memory that kills her but unlike Morgan, she doesn't have the performance quality where J&K were willing to try overlooking it. 

People have mentioned Shelbi by name on that pic of Charlotte's at this point so yeah, I'd be a little surprised if she tried out for DCC again. Also interesting that Kat Dunn either deleted her comment defending the girls or it was removed. 

• Love 4

I do not think Morgan had the performance quality to make the team. Judy was not happy with her at all. I think Kelli was the one who wanted her on the team for some reason. Imo, if three one year vets were not cut at finals, Courtney did not leave before TC started, and Chelsea was not shown the door, Morgan and Kaitlyn would have had a snowball chance in heck of making it.

6 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I do not think Morgan had the performance quality to make the team. Judy was not happy with her at all. I think Kelli was the one who wanted her on the team for some reason. Imo, if three one year vets were not cut at finals, Courtney did not leave before TC started, and Chelsea was not shown the door, Morgan and Kaitlyn would have had a snowball chance in heck of making it.

I used to think that, but the last time I watched that season it was mentioned a bunch of times how Morgan had a performance quality that made people just love to watch her.  Kelli, Judy, Kitty...they all mentioned it at one point.  I think even DJ Guthrie did.  Personally, I'm with you - I don't think she had 'it' and would not have had a chance if even Courtney or Chelsea were in the mix.  I wish we could have seen all of Morgan's solo that first year, it must have been awesome.  

• Love 1

My dislike of Shelbi began during the last audition cycle of TC. I give many of the "criers" a break since I was also (&still am actually )a weeper. I'm emotional. ..always have been. If I had flown to Dallas at the tender age of 18 (Holly @ aged 18 lives with her Mom who moved to Dallas with her. Kinda wondering if these young ladies might now move out & get an actual apartment together?)I'd have been a terrified,  crying, insecure mess. I don't think that makes them manipulative but I do understand why some dislike or are uncomfortable with it. I look at it like this; instead of moving away for college,  they're moving away for a possible 3-month dance interview.  The out-of-state or country women are basically alone. If you come from a family with limited means....well, you get my point. I recall seasons past when Danielle &  Carisa struggled financially among several others.

My point with Shelbi might sound petty but she is spoiled. Now, I have an adult son who we jokingly call the "Prince" - he's my only child & not exactly suffering in his life...its normal to want to give kids as much as possible yet still allow them to actually grow into independent adults. Shelbi's past social media has been whiney & uber-spoiled = waaaa, I got ink on my Louis Vuitton & now I'm down to just 2 "good" LV'S.   I sh*t you not, she wrote this.  Another instance she was moving in with obnoxious bf & showed pics of granite counters,  flooring etc then complained about it to her Mom. I have yet to deduce either of these 2 as paying rent on their own. They sound too pretentious to be earning this themselves. 

If I'm wrong, I will stand corrected.  In the meantime I'm not totally surprised to see this implosion on behalf of Shelbi's bf or family.

• Love 6

I think Holly is getting an apartment with her friend who's a TCC, I saw on Allie's instagram that she wrote "so excited to move in with my new roommate" I would hope it wasn't with her mom lol. 

Who cares if her costume is or isn't expensive? Madeleine's an amazing dancer. It doesn't matter what she wears, she'd slay whether she was wearing a trash bag or an outfit that cost seven grand.

Shelbi could take 100 classes a week but i doubt it would change the fact she's not a good dancer and judging by what we've seen in the last few days, not a great person either. 

• Love 5
(edited)
17 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

My dislike of Shelbi began during the last audition cycle of TC. I give many of the "criers" a break since I was also (&still am actually )a weeper. I'm emotional. ..always have been. If I had flown to Dallas at the tender age of 18 (Holly @ aged 18 lives with her Mom who moved to Dallas with her. Kinda wondering if these young ladies might now move out & get an actual apartment together?)I'd have been a terrified,  crying, insecure mess. I don't think that makes them manipulative but I do understand why some dislike or are uncomfortable with it. I look at it like this; instead of moving away for college,  they're moving away for a possible 3-month dance interview.  The out-of-state or country women are basically alone. If you come from a family with limited means....well, you get my point. I recall seasons past when Danielle &  Carisa struggled financially among several others.

My point with Shelbi might sound petty but she is spoiled. Now, I have an adult son who we jokingly call the "Prince" - he's my only child & not exactly suffering in his life...its normal to want to give kids as much as possible yet still allow them to actually grow into independent adults. Shelbi's past social media has been whiney & uber-spoiled = waaaa, I got ink on my Louis Vuitton & now I'm down to just 2 "good" LV'S.   I sh*t you not, she wrote this.  Another instance she was moving in with obnoxious bf & showed pics of granite counters,  flooring etc then complained about it to her Mom. I have yet to deduce either of these 2 as paying rent on their own. They sound too pretentious to be earning this themselves. 

If I'm wrong, I will stand corrected.  In the meantime I'm not totally surprised to see this implosion on behalf of Shelbi's bf or family.

I totally get and agree with all of this, and wow that Shelbi really wrote that about her Louis Vuittons. That's nauseating! I have never been team Shelbi and never will be. I think she is an individual with some undesirable character traits, and while she has put in a lot of hard work on the dance aspect of the job (financed by her parents more than likely, and while it doesn't really show in her dance ability, she has still put in the hours), I  personally think she will never be a strong candidate in the other things being a DCC requires.

17 minutes ago, Twinkle said:

ETA can't seem to get rid of the double quote. One of my biggest complaints of the board upgrade is the inability to delete quoted text, lol.

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 1
14 minutes ago, LaurenBrook said:

I used to think that, but the last time I watched that season it was mentioned a bunch of times how Morgan had a performance quality that made people just love to watch her.  Kelli, Judy, Kitty...they all mentioned it at one point.  I think even DJ Guthrie did.  Personally, I'm with you - I don't think she had 'it' and would not have had a chance if even Courtney or Chelsea were in the mix.  I wish we could have seen all of Morgan's solo that first year, it must have been awesome.  

I think Kitty and Kelli like Morgan more than Judy did. Judy said she probably would have been sick of yelling at Morgan and Kaitlyn during the season because they cannot do the routines. She bombed it at her second year tryouts because she late to her interview and had a crappy solo.

(edited)
14 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Who cares if her costume is or isn't expensive? Madeleine's an amazing dancer. It doesn't matter what she wears, she'd slay whether she was wearing a trash bag or an outfit that cost seven grand.

Shelbi could take 100 classes a week but i doubt it would change the fact she's not a good dancer and judging by what we've seen in the last few days, not a great person either. 

That is what I mean - Madeline proved you don't need fancy costumes to be chosen.  She killed it this year - every pic of her has shown great technique, smiling, etc. 

14 minutes ago, JC123 said:

Edited by LaurenBrook
  • Love 6
(edited)

Agree LaurenBrook. I love that Madeline went simple and non gimmiky costumewise, and just let her talent shine through... which evidently it did.

I love the little video she put up on Instagram thanking people for their support, she seems a real sweetie.

Edited by BritFan
  • Love 4

Wow re: Shelbi and the LVs, I guess she really didn't need the money from the job she quit for DCC.

Is there any chance Holly's friend is moving in w/ Holly and her mom and not just Holly?   Like did Holly live with her mom all this past year?

• Love 1

Maybe Madeline is thanking people for their support cause she made TC as the fan pick.  We still don't know for sure who got that do we? 

Didn't she have every radio station in town working on getting her votes last time - I'm sure they were up to it again.

(edited)

Miss Shelbi keeps her Instagram private so I can't see any of her posts so can anyone please post a pic of her knight in shining armor? I would love to see what kind of man calls this entire group of women such vile things and then decides to single out Kelsey. It smacks of nothing but pure jealousy and entitlement. It also sounds 1000% NOT TRUE. He posted that it was a DCC sloppy drunk and kissing a guy in a bar. Kelsey at the time would have been an Ice Angel NOT DCC (yet).

Also...Kelsey has an Alpha looking boyfriend. I know if acnyone ever said anything like that about me, oh yeah...my husband would NOT let that fly. I think Mister Shelbi Doll will have some explaining to do. And the fact that Shelbi defended him AFTER these comments says everything I need to know about her character, ever. 

Edited by TiaGrace
  • Love 5
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Maybe Madeline is thanking people for their support cause she made TC as the fan pick.  We still don't know for sure who got that do we? 

Didn't she have every radio station in town working on getting her votes last time - I'm sure they were up to it again.

She posted the video right after panels, so the fan vote wasn't announced until the next day. I think someone said Jackie won the fan vote (I don't even know who Jackie is), but we don't know for sure yet.

• Love 1

Looks like on Madelines Twitter she responded to someone that she didn't win the fan pick.  So it wasn't her.

Did we know on this board that she had a gofundme for expenses while in TC last season?  I saw someone on her named "Charlotte Anderson" donated money - wonder if it was Charlotte.   Do other girls do gofundmes?

(edited)
25 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Looks like on Madelines Twitter she responded to someone that she didn't win the fan pick.  So it wasn't her.

Did we know on this board that she had a gofundme for expenses while in TC last season?  I saw someone on her named "Charlotte Anderson" donated money - wonder if it was Charlotte.   Do other girls do gofundmes?

It was started by someone else in Madeline's behalf, which personally I think is better than someone starting one for themself, lol. I think it's pretty cool that people wanted to help her out like that.

13 minutes ago, dccfan37 said:

Amy L did a tap routine for finals! Interesting!

I saw a picture of her wearing tap shoes in the finals pics and have been hoping she would post something. From a little research I gathered that Amy was a musical theater major in school and is pretty experienced in tap. I like her more and more!

Edited by Oranaiche
  • Love 2
On May 23, 2016 at 9:49 PM, 2134.dancer said:

Jenny's solo, also choreographed my Michelle. Hopefully no one makes that mistake next year. 

Alex Hermes wore a similar costume (the boxing robe? Lol I have no idea what it's called) for her 1st audition. 

Maybe someone can start a gofundme for Shebli to replace that ink-stained LV ;).   I personally think gofundmes for things other than a real charity situation (serious illness, housefire,etc.) are tacky.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, MyFavShows said:

Cute re: Amy L. tap routine.   Musical theatre major, huh?  I guess that means she can sing :).

Yeah, I saw a comment somewhere where she said something about her vocal juries, which for a music major means when you sing for the music staff at the end of the term. A vocal final exam if you will. I've been curious ever since if she'll be on show group and sing the National Anthem.

• Love 3
(edited)
1 hour ago, Oranaiche said:

I saw a picture of her wearing tap shoes in the finals pics and have been hoping she would post something. From a little research I gathered that Amy was a musical theater major in school and is pretty experienced in tap. I like her more and more!

Me too! I thought Amy L's tap routine was fabulous. That certainly took a lot of skill. I wish I could see her whole routine, not just the transition from tap to what was probably a hip hop dance.

Of course, I wish I could see everyone's routines.... :)

Edited by Kaedee
  • Love 1

I know I said I'd sign off unless something happened but I'm lurking lol. yes Kelsey is a little bit of a partier and goes out, BUT handles herself like a lady. Has a SINGLE drink and I've never seen drunk or tipsy. Plus she's 22 or 23? She's of age, handles herself well and she doesn't have a weight problem so I don't see the issue. I know Josh (her bf) is a minor local celebrity in his own right. 

Shelbi grew up in rockwall/Heath. Some people from that area are kind of country or a little snobby. Girls like Hunter and Michelle Keys grew up with a little money (just above average, nothing to brag about) so they have a good sense of grounding. Shelbi is just a spoiled princess. Her and her boyfriend started dating when she was 18 so I think he's almost 30 now? I know he graduated from SMU like 7 years ago or so. They're an odd couple...

Amys solo was adorable. I loved it.

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Twinkle said:

Just speculation, but sometimes, people like Shelbi, who come from privilege, think if they invest time & money into something then it should automatically be handed to them.  Remember when she was crying in TC that it was "so hard on her" to see her friends make it on the team and not her?  It was all about her.  When you've grown up getting what you want, you don't handle rejection well.  That's obvious by the BF comments and her backing his actions.  Well, you reap what you sow, and that's probably going to blackball her in a few circles around there.  Not a smart move.

• Love 3
5 hours ago, Oranaiche said:

I agree with a lot of the stuff being said about Shelbi, especially if she was a part of the drive-by-commenting that her boyfriend did on Charlottes Instagram. However, I don't think it's fair to assume that she didn't work hard, or that she worked less hard than people who have less money for audition costumes or are less supported by their parents. Didn't Shelbi post a ton of videos from prep classes? Half of the videos that were getting posted here of other people at classes had Shelbi in the background. I personally think Shelbi worked really hard, but working hard doesn't always translate into getting the job you want. I think Shelbi could take ten dance classes a day and she still wouldn't be the best dancer. 

Exactly..... 

• Love 1