Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Florida or Bust

Craig confronts his anxiety over showing affection to Brandon in front of his father; Rob and Ro head to Florida to weight the pros and cons of leaving New York; Rob and Tara's ongoing problems threaten to ruin their romantic trip to San Francisco.

Tara is so full of shit about all of her "anxieties". One glass of wine on the flight and she is good to go? Girl, bye. If only she had discovered that tidbit before the failed honeymoon to Italy. If only that whole storyline wasn't bullshit.

• Love 5

Can we get an edit of just the Brandon and Craig bits?

Adonis pointed out all the women AT THE WEDDING he wanted to have sex with?!  There are worse things in the world than being single, ladies.

• Love 16

Jersey Rob and Ro - Their first segment was good. He was sweet and admitted to being a douche during the argument. I am confused by Ro's new job. She writes a fashion blog and previously claimed to want to be in the fashion industry but the new job isn't in fashion. It's "strategy and operations" in a technology startup. Doesn't sound very fashion based to me. Add that to the fact that she wants to move away from the fashion mecca that is NY and go to Florida. So what is it that she really wants for a career? We know Rob wants music but no clue what Ro wants. The fact that they are possibly house hunting is mind boggling to me. I can't imagine what the buyout is for the lease on the new apartment and then add to that the whole cost of getting into a new place and moving etc without jobs in place. Well, she said she can work at her current job from there but Rob will have no job in place. I am enjoying the conversation Rob is having with his dad. I'm happy for them that they've come to this decision. 

Brandon and Craig - such a boring (but awesome) couple that the only time we see them really is during trips, which is when a lot of couples face extra tension. I have to say though, Craig's childishness is flat out annoying. Craig fishing was hilarious to me. I haven't fished in almost 30 years but he reacted the way some boys did when I was a kid and I had to bait their hooks. I *LOVE* Craig's dad. "Well that's your problem, not mine. You waited this long to say something? That's stupid!!" and another larger LOL at Craig's mom. "I really never thought he could find someone who could live with him." Oooh tears!! Craig's words for Brandon really got me. They are such a great couple. And I love even more his mom asking when she can plan the shower. What a fabulous family.

Realtor Rob and Tara - Just stop already. I am sick of people using 9/11 as an excuse. If you truly were that scared to fly you'd drive to SF. I have friends who've done the drive (round trip) and it took little over 6hrs each way. And knowing you have issues with flying, why would you wait until you're on the plane to take anything for the anxiety? Even the fastest acting (non IV) meds take a good 15-20 minutes to get in your system. There was no way she was that loopy after 1 sip of alcohol, even with taking some anxiety meds. So, either she had multiple glasses back to back or we are suppose to not see the glass in her hand throughout the plane scenes where she's dancing and stuff. The level of alcohol isn't changing. The scene at the shore with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background was almost scary. She's still tipsy, they're sharing a sweet moment and then at the mention of her family a switch is flipped in his head and we see the real him peek out and she asks him to go back to loving her.

Adonis and Erica - I skipped every bit of their segments. After ninjago's comment above I thought I might be able to sit through them but I just can't. Oh while fast forwarding I did catch a glimpse of the horrible formica that is their counter tops. Adonis was emptying the dishwasher I think and I saw some marbly looking formica. Yuck. (I don't have a problem with formica in general, ftr) I guess their house isn't as nice as we all thought.  I notice when sneaking a look at the info for next week's episode that this couple isn't included. Since I didn't watch their segments this week I am going to go out on a limb and guess that production is saving their last episode info as a cliffhanger. The other couples are planning their anniversary celebrations next week and these two aren't included? Yeah cliffhanger that most of us don't even care about.

• Love 4

I knew it wouldn't be a big deal to Craig's family about them wanting to start a family, they've already showed how supportive his family is.

Is anyone surprised Erica is questioning her marriage? Duh! She shouldn't have married Adonis in the first place, remember the fourteen prostitutes? But she'll probably stay with him anyway because she admitted to being insecure. She'll have a miserable life ahead of her.

I didn't watch must about the other two couples. I'm over them and their drama's, it's the same every week.

• Love 3

Jersey Rob and Ro - Their first segment was good. He was sweet and admitted to being a douche during the argument. I am   confused by Ro's new job. She writes a fashion blog and previously claimed to want to be in the fashion industry but the new job isn't in fashion. It's "strategy and operations" in a technology startup. Doesn't sound very fashion based to me. Add that to the fact that she wants to move away from the fashion mecca that is NY and go to Florida. So what is it that she really wants for a career? We know Rob wants music but no clue what Ro wants. The fact that they are possibly house hunting is mind boggling to me. I can't imagine what the buyout is for the lease on the new apartment and then add to that the whole cost of getting into a new place and moving etc without jobs in place. Well, she said she can work at her current job from there but Rob will have no job in place. I am enjoying the conversation Rob is having with his dad. I'm happy for them that they've come to this decision. 

It confused me, too, that Ro's new job had nothing to do with her beloved fashion industry. I don't care for or have patience for these two. They seem very high school to me. First, she's complaining about not liking her job and being unhappy in general, wanting to move,etc and he blows a gasket. She finds another job and he's pissed she didn't consult with him first. Then, all of a sudden he realizes the error of his ways, becomes magically supportive and less of a douche, then starts whining that he doesn't like his lawyer job,either, and wants to do his music instead. Where did that come from? So basically, this NY power couple were miserable with their jobs and maybe realized they couldn't hack it in the big city after all. 

Oh, and that area of Tampa Bay they were house hunting in...it's a very high end area close to the water and downtown. The price of the home they were looking at was nowhere near the upper 300,000 range. Unless Ro's new job that her new company is willing to let her work from Florida pays extremely well, they will not qualify to buy a home. Maybe Rob's daddy will help out with that. 

Realtor Rob and Tara - he scene at the shore with the Golden Gate Bridge in the background was almost scary. She's still tipsy, they're sharing a sweet moment and then at the mention of her family a switch is flipped in his head and we see the real him peek out and she asks him to go back to loving her.

It grosses me out to see him kissing her with his thin, dried out lips. 

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 3

1) Yeah, I know what happened to Ro's fashion career. When she said her job was a start-up tech company…I immediately thought…"Whoa, that's not fashion. What happen to the great fashion career you wanted?" And Rob and his music career….He wants to produce or perform? Is he willing for law to be his MAIN career, but in Tampa where there's less pressure…so he can have more time and energy to do his music on the side? Or he wants a music gig in Tampa?

2) I am NOT as in love with Brandon and Craig as some people are. I'm never attracted to people with insecurities. And they each have plenty of those.

Brandon thinks he's ugly and won't show signs of affection in public. Craig won't show affection in front of his family, and is immature.  And every time Brandon says he' want's to talk…Craig asks, "Is it about a divorce" and he did it AGAIN this week. Stop it with that. Every damn time they talk, Craig asks is it over…or do you want to leave…or do you mean a divorce. Grow the hell up. Neediness is sooo UNattractive.

3) Rob and Tara - I don't know what to say. She's full of $#it and the both need therapy. At least they're off the market so someone else, someone NICE, won't get stuck with one of them.

4) Adonis and Erika……THIS is the couple that sort of made me notice the timeline that's put on the screen of how long everyone's been married. And everyone is around the 10 months mark. They're at 9 months and change. So for NINE MONTHS she's been married to this guy-- and NOW she's asking certain questions?? I REALLY, REALLY want to see MORE of how their interactions and daily routines have been as a couple when cameras are NOT there.

When you think about it, next week is the finale…..and we really HAVE NOT SEEN that much of these couple's lives, not really. What we've seen has sort of been Isolated moments. Maybe it's the scenes that were chosen for air, or how the show has been edited this time…but I really don't get the sense that's it's been a year, or that we've learned THAT MUCH about their lives as a COUPLE. How DO they treat each other day-to-day. What ARE some of their day-to-day routines? Not that we haven't seen ANY of that, but I don't feel those quick isolated moments have really conveyed much.

Especially with Erika and Adonis I'd like to see more….because I'm wondering why she's asking herself all this questions about happiness NOW?I know she said she's never been able to shake what he did and said on the wedding day. but if she hasn't shaken that off in 9 months. I think it's also because clearly Adonis isn't making her feel secure in the relationship. (which isn't new either.) 

Edited by selhars
  • Love 6

1) Yeah, I know what happened to Ro's fashion career. When she said her job was a start-up tech company…I immediately thought…"Whoa, that's not fashion. What happen to the great fashion career you wanted?" And Rob and his music career….He wants to produce or perform? Is he willing for law to be his MAIN career, but in Tampa where there's less pressure…so he can have more time and energy to do his music on the side? Or he wants a music gig in Tampa?

2) I am NOT as in love with Brandon and Craig as some people are. I'm never attracted to people with insecurities. And they each have plenty of those.

Brandon thinks he's ugly and won't show signs of affection in public. Craig won't show affection in front of his family, and is immature.  And every time Brandon says he' want's to talk…Craig asks, "Is it about a divorce" and he did it AGAIN this week. Stop it with that. Every damn time they talk, Craig asks is it over…or do you want to leave…or do you mean a divorce. Grow the hell up. Neediness is sooo UNattractive.

3) Rob and Tara - I don't know what to say. She's full of $#it and the both need therapy. At least they're off the market so someone else, someone NICE, won't get stuck with one of them.

4) Adonis and Erika……THIS is the couple that sort of made me notice the timeline that's put on the screen of how long everyone's been married. And everyone is around the 10 months mark. They're at 9 months and change. So for NINE MONTHS she's been married to this guy-- and NOW she's asking certain questions?? I REALLY, REALLY want to see MORE of how their interactions and daily routines have been as a couple when cameras are NOT there.

When you think about it, next week is the finale…..and we really HAVE NOT SEEN that much of these couple's lives, not really. What we've seen has sort of been Isolated moments. Maybe it's the scenes that were chosen for air, or how the show has been edited this time…but I really don't get the sense that's it's been a year, or that we've learned THAT MUCH about their lives as a COUPLE. How DO they treat each other day-to-day. What ARE some of their day-to-day routines? Not that we haven't seen ANY of that, but I don't feel those quick isolated moments have really conveyed much.

Especially with Erika and Adonis I'd like to see more….because I'm wondering why she's asking herself all this questions about happiness NOW?I know she said she's never been able to shake what he did and said on the wedding day. but if she hasn't shaken that off in 9 months. I think it's also because clearly Adonis isn't making her feel secure in the relationship. (which isn't new either.) 

ITA about Brandon and Craig. Craig has always gotten on my nerves with his little boy schtick.  By the way, what do either of them do for a living? I never did catch that. Their apartment looks tiny and crappy. 

Erika and Adonis- So we discover that at the wedding he was telling her who he thought looked good and would have sex with? are you effin kidding me? What an idiot she is. She should have walked out on him right then and there. 

• Love 2

Brandon is a hairdresser.  I swear I saw him in the background, primping Erika on RHoBH.

Craig, I think is a personal trainer?  Or does online personal training videos.  When they went on the surprise trip to NYC, Brandon said Craig's schedule was "not that full", so I think Brandon is the breadwinner.  Their apartment is very small.  Like a Vanderpump Rules cast member small.  I know LA is expensive, but you'd think two employable adults with no children could afford something nicer, especially since Brandon seems pretty fussy/particular about his environment.

• Love 3

Watching Adonis in this ep convinced me that he's been playing everyone from the getgo. Every time I see him, I feel like I need a bath. I never could understand why anyone would wait until mere days before the wedding to confess to major infidelities; that's what you do before the proposal. Now I get it. He's been trying to set himself us as the poor, loving hubs, who did EVERYTHING to make the marriage work but still got dumped by an insecure child. Trouble is, his ass has been hanging out all season...from the 'confession, to his poorly hidden admiration of his sleazy dad's 'polyamory' lifestyle, to the non-stop shiteatin' grin every time he assures Erica he hasn't been doing 'anything you need to worry about' - the way that's phrased sets my warning flags at full mast. I've noticed that all he ever does is mouth the 'right' words while acting emotionally detached. He kinda reminds me of my ex who agreed to go to a marriage counselor so "when my marriage falls apart no one can say it was my fault'...douche....Anyhow, Erica is clearly not ready for marriage either - any one who feels they have to include promises about maintaining a particular physical condition (won't get fat) and appearance (won't wear too much makeup) in wedding vows (re-enactment/renewal/whatever, not withstanding) is light years away from understanding what marriage is all about.

So  many questions about how Rob and Ro plan to relocate...I can understand checking out the cost of a new residence, but hardly see the need to actually go a view homes - just done for filler afaics...And unless he plans to go straight into music when they relocate, he'll need at least a temp job - being a lawyer should allow him to make some decent bucks until he can make the transition, but wouldn't he need to pass the bar exam in Florida before he could practice there? Ro's new job in a tech startup surprised me, but she did seem quite enthused...Although I do find their way of arguing/confronting issues a little outside my personal comfort zone, they clearly seem to have a firm understanding of what each other is really trying to get at as well as being able to revisit the discussion later in a calmer and respectful manner.

Manchild Rob and the Persian Princess are an equal match in fakeness with Ragini and Vereel in Arranged...but he has the psycho chill factor added in, so I'm good with ignoring the rest of their segments.

Just love Craig and Brandon more and more...even though they do have quite a bit of work to do on the actual mechanics and practicalities of meshing their lives and styles, they have their crap together so much more than the first season's Jeff and Blair...I do wish Craig would drop the cutesy little boy demeanor - it makes him look foolish... but they are the only ones beside Rob/Ro who seem to actually connect with each other in a reality based manner.

• Love 2

So  many questions about how Rob and Ro plan to relocate...I can understand checking out the cost of a new residence, but hardly see the need to actually go a view homes - just done for filler afaics...And unless he plans to go straight into music when they relocate, he'll need at least a temp job - being a lawyer should allow him to make some decent bucks until he can make the transition, but wouldn't he need to pass the bar exam in Florida before he could practice there? Ro's new job in a tech startup surprised me, but she did seem quite enthused...Although I do find their way of arguing/confronting issues a little outside my personal comfort zone, they clearly seem to have a firm understanding of what each other is really trying to get at as well as being able to revisit the discussion later in a calmer and respectful manner.

I wondered this as well.

Adonis and Erika bother me, for all of the reasons stated all season, but it hit me recently that aside from the ridiculous storyline, ridiculous teeth, and ridiculous voice, that there's also this: They always seem so STILTED with one another. Their scenes seem so disingenuous or like they are strangers acting with one another to be on a show. We never see anything outside of that kitchen and the adjacent room. There is NEVER a scene where they appear comfortable with one another or FAMILIAR with each other. Weird. So weird.

R & R: huh? What? Though, it's not difficult for a lawyer to practice in another state, they just need to take that state's bar. he may have also taken FL's state bar at some point, given he's from there. Also, Ro and Rob's well articulated psychological theories and platitudes reek of BS to me. Come. On. I'm a psychologist, I rarely talk like that.

T & R: there's nothing to say about these 2 assholes.

C & B: nice episode, Craig still needs to grow up but he's improving. How old is he?

• Love 2

Adonis pointed out all the women AT THE WEDDING he wanted to have sex with?!  There are worse things in the world than being single, ladies.

I know it's a fine line. But i also know how all the people on this show twist  a comment into something another person technically didn't say.

I wasn't there so I only know what Ericka SAYS Adonis said. And given their crazy communication history I could see them having a discussion and Adonis saying something like, "see, babe, i COULD sleep with her, and her, and her, or even her….BUT I'm getting married to you." And Ekrika HEARING that he said he WANTED to sleep with them. Now if they were normal they wouldn't be having ANY discussion that's anywhere near what I suggested or what Erika says he said. But these two aren't normal.

I'm not giving Adonis a pass, by any means. But I also don't trust that Erika heard what he said, and didn't twist it. Adonis is in enough hot water….but still no need twist what he said, into something he technically didn't say. 

Erika is just pi.ti.ful. Pitiful.

Edited by selhars
  • Love 3

C & B: nice episode, Craig still needs to grow up but he's improving. How old is he?

I couldn't find his age anywhere but I vaguely remember them saying something about him being in the mid 30s.

• Love 1

Can we get an edit of just the Brandon and Craig bits?

Adonis pointed out all the women AT THE WEDDING he wanted to have sex with?!  There are worse things in the world than being single, ladies.

Erika should have marched Adonis over to every women he pointed out and asked the ladies if they would  they would be halfway interested in have those teeth anywhere near their ladybits.  Adonis would have gotten a clear idea of the sex symbol he's NOT.

• Love 5

I'm not giving Adonis a pass, by any means. But I also don't trust that Erika heard what he said, and didn't twist it. Adonis is in enough hot water….but still no need twist what he said, into something he technically didn't say.

Good point.

I don't recall the wedding episode and whether the viewers actually got to see exactly what teefus said, or if this was Erica's interpretation of what he said off camera...it's a fine point, but a legitimate one...mainly because if her insecurity is based of what she 'thinks' happened versus what 'actually' happened, it makes a world of difference....I plan to see that episode again and, painful as it will assuredly be, pay close attention to every second spent on the T & E wedding to make certain my interpretation is based on fact....nonetheless, teefus STILL gives me a horrible vibe (as in I feel the need to scrub every inch of my skin over and over and over) and since that may influence my opinion of him, I suppose (however reluctantly) i really need to give him the benefit of the doubt before I once-and-for-all-annoint-him-the-biggest-douche-the-world-has-ever-known...*sigh* the things we do for the good of 'reality' TV!

P.S.  I still LOVE Brandon and Craig best of all!

Edited by becauseIsaidso
  • Love 1

Good point.

I don't recall the wedding episode and whether the viewers actually got to see exactly what teefus said, or if this was Erica's interpretation of what he said off camera...it's a fine point, but a legitimate one...mainly because if her insecurity is based of what she 'thinks' happened versus what 'actually' happened, it makes a world of difference....I plan to see that episode again and, painful as it will assuredly be, pay close attention to every second spent on the T & E wedding to make certain my interpretation is based on fact....nonetheless, teefus STILL gives me a horrible vibe (as in I feel the need to scrub every inch of my skin over and over and over) and since that may influence my opinion of him, I suppose (however reluctantly) i really need to give him the benefit of the doubt before I once-and-for-all-annoint-him-the-biggest-douche-the-world-has-ever-known...*sigh* the things we do for the good of 'reality' TV!

P.S. I still LOVE Brandon and Craig best of all!

Ha ha... Teefus :)

Good point.

I don't recall the wedding episode and whether the viewers actually got to see exactly what teefus said, or if this was Erica's interpretation of what he said off camera...i

I believe it was said off camera. Had it been on camera we'd have all jumped all over it at the time.

ETA: I also don't think it was said the day of, I think it was said in a conversation after the fact.

Edited by KarmaG

It's all been said before but Rob and Tara are just so disingenuous and fake. "Aren't we having a good time?!" Fake smile, pose for camera, post to insta/twitter/FB, etc. You guys supposedly (NOT!) were set for Italy, and you live in Malibu/LA. Presumably this isn't your first trip to SF so it's kind of ridiculous with their reactions - "So much fun! We're having a great time!" and Tara's "My baby's a baller!" BARF. And don't even get me started on her post-9/11 "flight anxiety." 

OMG Eric-uh. I honestly think they're recording her voice to torture terrorists at the soon to be closed Guantanamo Bay facility. My God. And I'm sorry but if he truly pointed out how many women he wanted to sleep with at the wedding after confessing to the prostitutes, then you deserve every single thing you get for agreeing to marry him. How many red flags does this chick need?

Craig and Brandon - I would have reacted the same way to the worms, but that's because I'm squeamish over creepycrawlies. And Craig's Dad is AWESOME. 

Rob and Ro - That Tampa home was nice and would be wonderful if your heart truly isn't in NYC. People our age move around A LOT and it's all about finding yourself and trying to make sure the pieces truly fit where they belong. I hope it all works out for them.

• Love 3

ITA about Brandon and Craig. Craig has always gotten on my nerves with his little boy schtick.  By the way, what do either of them do for a living? I never did catch that. Their apartment looks tiny and crappy.

Funny you say that... I was just thinking about how their apt was better than mine and what I would give to have their crappy kitchen as opposed to mine in Brooklyn, with its two cabinets and small fridge that qualifies as a "kitchen."

• Love 1

Funny you say that... I was just thinking about how their apt was better than mine and what I would give to have their crappy kitchen as opposed to mine in Brooklyn, with its two cabinets and small fridge that qualifies as a "kitchen."

lol I bet you pay a pretty penny for that apt in Brooklyn, too! I'm very familiar with the crazy NYC rents.

• Love 2

Guys, I cannot understand a word that comes out of Erica's mouth. I honestly thought she said she was going to Tulsa. When she ended up in California with her sisters, I almost fell over.

Adonis-do me a solid. Don't hold the camera up to you teeth like you did in your talking head ever again. Jesus. What's with those things?

Speaking of teeth-Tara's aren't much better. What's with all of these cheap veneers? Her's are huge and she asked for and got the Ross Geller shade of white. Between those and her horrible boob job, she looks at least 10 tears older. That boob job, though might be the worst I've seen on reality TV. And I've seen every season of Rock of Love!

• Love 3

lol I bet you pay a pretty penny for that apt in Brooklyn, too! I'm very familiar with the crazy NYC rents.

Yes, but I'm one of the luckier ones, I think. I've lived here for awhile, so I've watched the prices soar around me to ridiculous astronomical amounts, for what basically amounts to shit. These are not nice apartments at all. Why people are paying these amounts is beyond me. I don't get how people manage to save money in this economic environment. I don't want to spend 50% or more of my take home income on housing. It's very difficult to find a one bedroom (in ny you're required to make 40x the rent) without two incomes to pay for it (this was not the case 10-15 years ago). Now, the problem is that I can't afford the rent to upgrade and stay in my neighborhood or anywhere even remotely close! I already have a long commute into the city. If I wanted to purchase an apartment, I cant afford to even buy a shitty studio. Even if I could, cash buyers swoop in and take everything. It's utterly depressing. I feel like I'm doing so much worse than my parents ever did (who had 1 income and two children with a nice home in Queens) despite making much more money. I feel like the old lady in the shoe(box) and very seriously considering moving out of New York.

Off topic rant, sorry!

Edited by lightbeam
  • Love 3

Yes, but I'm one of the luckier ones, I think. I've lived here for awhile, so I've watched the prices soar around me to ridiculous astronomical amounts, for what basically amounts to shit. These are not nice apartments at all. Why people are paying these amounts is beyond me. I don't get how people manage to save money in this economic environment. I don't want to spend 50% or more of my take home income on housing. It's very difficult to find a one bedroom (in ny you're required to make 40x the rent) without two incomes to pay for it (this was not the case 10-15 years ago). Now, the problem is that I can't afford the rent to upgrade and stay in my neighborhood or anywhere even remotely close! I already have a long commute into the city. If I wanted to purchase an apartment, I cant afford to even buy a shitty studio. Even if I could, cash buyers swoop in and take everything. It's utterly depressing. I feel like I'm doing so much worse than my parents ever did (who had 1 income and two children with a nice home in Queens) despite making much more money. I feel like the old lady in the shoe(box) and very seriously considering moving out of New York.

Off topic rant, sorry!

Lightbeam, I feel your pain! My brother lives in a tiny studio, the smallest thing I have ever seen in my life. He lives in an awesome neighborhood on the UWS, a block from Central Park. His apt. is rent controlled and he pays around $400 a month. He has lived there for many, many years. He said if he ever lost that apt. for what ever reason, he could never, ever afford to live in NYC again, and that tiny shoebox would probably rent for at least $1800 a month now. No kitchen. Just one room and a bathroom. He recently did a little remodeling in the bathroom and put in new floors, the landlords there don't give a shit, he had to pay for it himself.   And he has a decent job. Just not by NY standards. It is totally rediculous. Every time I go there I look at all the people rushing to wherever they are going and wonder just what in the hell they all do for a living that they can afford to live there!

Edited by bichonblitz
  • Love 2

Lightbeam, I feel your pain! My brother lives in a tiny studio, the smallest thing I have ever seen in my life. He lives in an awesome neighborhood on the UWS, a block from Central Park. His apt. is rent controlled and he pays around $400 a month. He has lived there for many, many years. He said if he ever lost that apt. for what ever reason, he could never, ever afford to live in NYC again, and that tiny shoebox would probably rent for at least $1800 a month now. No kitchen. Just one room and a bathroom. He recently did a little remodeling in the bathroom and put in new floors, the landlords there don't give a shit, he had to pay for it himself.   And he has a decent job. Just not by NY standards. It is totally rediculous. Every time I go there I look at all the people rushing to wherever they are going and wonder just what in the hell they all do for a living that they can afford to live there!

Yep, making way too much to be eligible for "affordable living housing," but not nearly making enough to live at a normal and comfortable standard of living. I feel his pain. I think $1800 is on the low end of crazy...studio apt rents go up to $2300 in my area. It's fucking insanity.  I always wonder how other people are affording to live in this city too. Sigh. I love New York, I really do. It has a rhythm I understand and relate to, and I love being around culture, arts, and diverse people. I was born and raised here, but it might be time to say goodbye soon. Like your brother, I'm afraid of leaving and not being able to come back.

• Love 1