Type keyword(s) to search

S06.E03: Faking Miracles

So we get backstory on Monarch's dad: He was a Green Hornet-esque superhero! And Jack Kirby wrote his comic. It was mighty convenient that the Council brought up Vendata again. We're definitely going to see him go Blue Morpho now that he got framed by Wide Wale, he's going to be saving Venture from the other villains because only he can arch Venture. Looking forward to that.

(EDIT: Just realized that Blue Morpho's sidekick was the very same Kano on OG Team Venture. I remember that theory that Kano's vow of silence was for killing Jonas...and now I think it's because he killed Monarch's father/is the reason for Vendata. Like, he might've been responsible for the plane crash that killed Monarch's parents. Thinking he let that whole family die, he went silent ever since.)

So Dean had nanobots in him (the goo was very Alex Mack), Hank's got a date with Wide Wale's daughter and Red Mantle/Dragoon got with Redusa.

Some things I caught: The Aztec mask from last week in Wide Wale's apartment, Trump in the background at the party, the great callback with the candiru, and Pete quoting Kraftwerk (always appreciate whenever they get referenced anywhere). This show continues to get better and better.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

"Turn the gas down, Sylvia Plath".  Goddamn, the lines this show comes up with :D

And Billy and Pete are living in the Venture Building.  I love that!

Oh, God, Dean and the biobots.  That sequence was too much!  Also loved the hovercraft and that Aliens robot thing Pete was in.

And Wide Whale's daughter has a foul mouth and a Jersey accent.  I love that.  And her name is Serena.  I love that :D  Who is doing her voice?

• Love 1

"Turn the gas down, Sylvia Plath".  Goddamn, the lines this show comes up with :D

And Billy and Pete are living in the Venture Building.  I love that!

Oh, God, Dean and the biobots.  That sequence was too much!  Also loved the hovercraft and that Aliens robot thing Pete was in.

And Wide Whale's daughter has a foul mouth and a Jersey accent.  I love that.  And her name is Serena.  I love that :D  Who is doing her voice?

I love that Hank is using the hover car to deliver pizzas, and potentially going sterile from it. Well, that's Hank for ya. Maybe it's for the best that he doesn't reproduce.

• Love 1

Good episode. Dean needed help with getting into SU, but I don't think that's the way he wanted it. At least we might be getting more Brown Widow . . . though I could've sworn he was originally called Brown Recluse.

Poor Monarch. Suckered by Copycat and done in with his own gimmick. At least he has the Morpho Cave. You think we might have an arc where he becomes .  . . *gulp* . . . a hero? With Gary as the new Kano?

Hank's still got the charm . . . but when is Dean going to get a girl of his own? Aside from the mutated intern and those twins, I don't think anybody has been attracted to the manchild.

Trump was in the crowd? Wow . .. was this episode made before his latest public endeavor?

ETA: Looked up the media thread. Suddenly, this teaser trailer from 2014 make a lot more sense.

• Love 3

Trump was in the crowd? Wow . .. was this episode made before his latest public endeavor?

I'd think it's perfectly like Trump to socialize with classy supervillains, Presidential hopes or not.

ETA: Her name is actually Sirena, Spanish for "Mermaid," which makes lots more sense.

Edited by Galileo908
  • Love 2

Can't wait to see why Evil Dean Martin (aka Copycat) is sabotaging Monarch. Doing Wide Whale's bidding, or just working a solo project? I'll be disappointed if he doesn't quote some lines from Dean Martin songs.

Not really all that surprising that Dean had an ulcer. All fixed now. And I guess Rusty used the nanobots to make him smarter too.

Edited by Sandman87
  • Love 2

This season has been in post-production since at least January of 2015, so I'd reckon that Trump was included way before he ever announced anything.

Also Cristin Milioti is the voice of Sirena Ong.

Edited by revbfc

This is the first one this season that I haven't had mixed feelings about. The others have been shoveling new stuff on so quickly I felt like the writers had gotten bored with their old show, but now this one felt more integral to the main characters.

I do, however, miss Dr, Orpheus. He and 21 are/were the best thing about the show.

At least we might be getting more Brown Widow . . . though I could've sworn he was originally called Brown Recluse.

That's appropriate, since it's extremely commonplace for brown spiders to be misidentified as brown recluses.

Does the Monarch know he'd been framed? He did see Dean Martin shoot him. I'm surprised that Doctor Mrs. The Monarch didn't put 2 and 2 together and realize that The Monarch *always* answers her calls, and didn't think something was up. I know she'd been drinking and has been clearly stretched thin, but I do hope that she pings that. 

Where was Trump?!