Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Uncle Dad

"Suicide is not the answer, usually". This was another hit it out of the ballpark episode for this series. I'm truly stunned at how amazing it's been throughout. Christine and Penelope's little adventure, which ended up with her shipping her ass back home to France, was both deserved and devastating. Chip's attempts at problem-solving were hilarious, and actually had some sort of positive effect on his nieces. I just wonder what will happen when Chip finds out Mama Baskets sent Penelope back home to Paris on a one-way ticket.

• Love 4

Great ep. Loved all the scenes betw Penelope and Christine, starting with Christine's shadow casting Penelope into darkness.

I'm a bit confused about Chip & Dale's dad. Had they said before that he disappeared, like left and never came back? Yet Christine tells Penelope that she explained to the boys what had happened. Maybe she didn't actually tell them he "fell" off the bridge. 

I liked that the girls ended up having a great time with Chip. That was a nice bit of happiness for him AND for them. 

When Dale said that weiners and rice for dinner was gross, I thought well, why do you guys have hot dogs in the refrigerator if no one likes them?

I think it's different having hot dogs in buns with potato chips versus having them bun-less with rice. It does sound kind of gross.

I wonder if that's it for Penelope.

I'm a bit confused about Chip & Dale's dad. Had they said before that he disappeared, like left and never came back? Yet Christine tells Penelope that she explained to the boys what had happened. Maybe she didn't actually tell them he "fell" off the bridge. 

I don't remember that, but if so, it could be how Chip rationalizes it, the way that Christine rationalizes his suicide by saying he fell off the bridge while admiring the river.

• Love 1

Now that you mention it, the nieces/daughters did seem to be a parallel, I like the way the children are written on both shows, like actual children (or teenagers), not sitcom kids who sound like they're 40.

• Love 4

Louie's casting was a stroke of genius.

I also love ZG's realistic southern accent (that he uses for the twin brother). It's slightly different from his character's accent in "The Campaign." He's from NC and he knows his southern characters.

• Love 2