Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E11: Rule #118: Let Her Eat Cake

After collapsing after the birth of Becca's baby, Abby is ordered to stay at home and rest. The girlfriends throw Delia a surprise bachelorette party at a male strip club, a treat from Barbara. Phoebe deals with the fallout of her almost kiss with Ralf. Jo is having mixed feelings about Scott.

Abby is a complete mess. Where are Phoebe's kids? She seems to have so much free time away from her kids. Deliah's boss is going to sabotage her wedding next week, I predict. Jo cracks me up with some of her facial expressions.

• Love 1

So, the big reveal about Becca's baby led to...nothing? We just aren't going to see her again? And were they serious about this being Taye Diggs' baby from a one-night stand? What?

The writing on this show is just nuts.

• Love 1

So, the big reveal about Becca's baby led to...nothing? We just aren't going to see her again? And were they serious about this being Taye Diggs' baby from a one-night stand? What?

The writing on this show is just nuts.

The writing on this show is ALWAYS nuts to me... but that bit about Taye Diggs really had me scratching my head. I hope they gave his agent a heads up or something; because, why him??? I'm not sure he'd be thrilled to be characterized in that way. JMO

• Love 2

When Phoebe is the adult character on the show, the show's got problems.  She is the one that's supposed to be the "Barbie" of the gang, after all.  But so far this season, she's stood up to: her abuser, her ex, her professor, and her current lover.  And she's been right.  She's even owned her controlling behavior with JD.

Abby seemed like she was on something, the morning after the bachelorette party.  Manic madness.  And I was sad to see her daughter slipping into caretaker mode -- just like Zoe.

The "elegant stripper palace" seemed off to me.  If it's all about classy, why the "drugstore cologne", why the grinding in the face?  And Barbara seems to be loosening up significantly, though I feel a disconnect between her intro-ep hardluck rant at Abby, and the woman who knew about the "Footsie Room".  I'll have to mull it over.

Was Delia about to get assaulted?  Her boss just went from sane to stalker.

Ugh.

Edited by gutette1

The writing on this show is ALWAYS nuts to me... but that bit about Taye Diggs really had me scratching my head. I hope they gave his agent a heads up or something; because, why him??? I'm not sure he'd be thrilled to be characterized in that way. JMO

There were rumors surrounding his divorce. And I think it was in kind of terrible taste to throw that in there for a laugh.

Edited by Julia
  • Love 2

I've been wondering why I enjoy this show and feel compelled to watch. Now I figured it out. Schadenfreude. 

I'm so happy Abby is going down like the train wreck I always thought she was. I'm sad for Delia, Jo I like and don't like equally -- another train wreck, Barbara - who could be a great character is just written to fill whatever character hole of the week there might be, I'm a little worried about Phoebe -- JD's (or the actor playing him or the weird writing) "anxiety issues" seem like a cover for something much worse.

This show fills a very specific niche in my tv viewing and I'm grateful for it after a long commute home!

• Love 1

It's time Delia reclaim her power. Perhaps she'll stop the wedding before someone does it for her. 

Abby is indeed a mess acting in ways that Jake complained about. Maybe he'll return and get her to come to her senses. Poor Zoe. 

It's time Delia reclaim her power. Perhaps she'll stop the wedding before someone does it for her. 

Abby is indeed a mess acting in ways that Jake complained about. Maybe he'll return and get her to come to her senses. Poor Zoe. 

Yeah, but it was very convenient for Jake to be married to someone messed up in exactly the ways Abby is messed up all those years. He certainly did nothing to discourage her from trying to be the big screwed up martyred madonna while he played unfaithful SAHD who lets his wife do the heavy lifting at home too.

Edited by Julia

Am I the only one who thinks Abby is pregnant?

I hadn't considered that. It would certainly be an interesting twist, and frankly, it would explain a lot. Because, as of this episode, I'm wondering if Abby is having a breakdown. She was absolutely out of control.

t

The "elegant stripper palace" seemed off to me. If it's all about classy, why the "drugstore cologne", why the grinding in the face? And Barbara seems to be loosening up significantly, though I feel a disconnect between her intro-ep hardluck rant at Abby, and the woman who knew about the "Footsie Room". I'll have to mull it over.

Was Delia about to get assaulted? Her boss just went from sane to stalker.

Ugh.

I thought that too. Wasn't Barbara supposed to have not had a night out in years? How does she seem like a regular at the stripper palace? It's like the writers switched to her Parks and Rec character.

I can't even with Delia. I just can't. That whole storyline is offensive. Successful woman really just wants powerful men to bang her and take care of her. But she doesn't. But she does. It's like an awful romantic comedy without comedy or romance.

• Love 5

I thought that too. Wasn't Barbara supposed to have not had a night out in years? How does she seem like a regular at the stripper palace? It's like the writers switched to her Parks and Rec character.

I can't even with Delia. I just can't. That whole storyline is offensive. Successful woman really just wants powerful men to bang her and take care of her. But she doesn't. But she does. It's like an awful romantic comedy without comedy or romance.

about Barbara - agree! I've watched it twice but I've missed the part where Abby discusses this with Barbara? When did the rest of the gang get so chummy with Barb? At the club Jo was sitting in her lap! Maybe I missed an episode?
  • Love 2

about Barbara - agree! I've watched it twice but I've missed the part where Abby discusses this with Barbara? When did the rest of the gang get so chummy with Barb? At the club Jo was sitting in her lap! Maybe I missed an episode?

I think the writers missed a few episodes. Everyone is acting out of character.

• Love 1

Am I the only one who thinks Abby is pregnant?

No! It would make sense and complicate things even more for her! Is Jake the dad? Harris? That gigolo? And if it's Jake's after all they've been through and now that he's not raising a kid with Becca, will that help them work it out after all? My reservation about that theory is I wonder if they wouldn't have found out after she collapsed in the hospital.

Speaking of Becca's baby, here's a snippet story from Bravo about Taye Diggs and his fictional bundle of joy!

http://www.bravotv.com/the-daily-dish/taye-diggs-baby-daddy-on-girlfriends-guide-to-divorce?utm_campaign=trueAnthem:+Trending+Content&utm_content=56be720304d3013b70ca3520&utm_medium=trueAnthem&utm_source=twitter

No! It would make sense and complicate things even more for her! Is Jake the dad? Harris? That gigolo? And if it's Jake's after all they've been through and now that he's not raising a kid with Becca, will that help them work it out after all? My reservation about that theory is I wonder if they wouldn't have found out after she collapsed in the hospital.

Speaking of Becca's baby, here's a snippet story from Bravo about Taye Diggs and his fictional bundle of joy!

I forgot about that, any good hospital would of tested for a pregnancy. Boo I want it to be Jake's.- I totally forgot that Paul and Taye are BFF's from Private Practice. I wonder if Taye knew beforehand?