Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Breadstix

Cranberry

I really liked Cory, but I don't think " A House Is Not A Home" would've ever been a good song for him.

I love " Fire" too, but I actually prefer " One Less Bell To Answer/A House Is Not A Home." The performance should've been shorter, but I still think the vocals were gorgeous.

Edited by Sara2009

I

[*]On a random note - lord Cory was noticeably taller than the rest of the cast.  When they were all doing "Beautiful" he just seemed to tower over all of them - even Harry and Mark who were the next closest in height.  I think the closest they ever came to having someone near his height was Rory.

I'm bored so I looked it up, it's Jacob, at 6ft 2. Harry, Mark, Damian McGinty and Blake Jenner are all 6ft/6ft 1

I really liked Cory, but I don't think " A House Is Not A Home" would've ever been a good song for him.

It wouldn't have been but it wouldn't have been as bad of a train wreck in season 3 as it was in season 1.  Still a train wreck, no doubt, but not to the point where I would have been thinking the music producers should have been fired for that mess which was my reaction this past weekend.  

I'm bored so I looked it up, it's Jacob, at 6ft 2. Harry, Mark, Damian McGinty and Blake Jenner are all 6ft/6ft 1

Jacob being the next tallest surprises me but then again he and Cory had very different builds.  Besides being tall Cory was just a big guy (and I don't mean fat although he wasn't as cut as some of the others on the show) I just mean big.  Even when he was is really good shape  (season 2 through the first half of season 3) he didn't have that swimmer's/dancer's build that Jacob, Harry, Chord, and to a lesser degree Mark have. 

Edited by camussie

All of this leads to my conclusion.  RM and team  gave ample reason why Finn would have been uncomfortable sharing a room with Kurt and then seem surprised when many in the audience were like it wasn't as cut and dried as you all wrote it in Theatricality.

Do they not read what they've written? Funny thing is Finn would been just as uncomfortable with a girl in that position, okay maybe slightly less so, but it was completely understandable why he felt uncomfortable. It never excuse what he said, and he never excused himself for it, but it made his feelings understandable.

On one hand I got Kurt got jealous that Burt and Finn were bonding over sports.  On the other I wanted him to get over himself.  After all he and Carole were bonding too and it never occurred to him that might bother Finn (it didn't).  Also it wasn't like Burt didn't try and take an interest in Kurt's activities.  He obviously went to productions Kurt liked (Riverdance).

But I don't think Finn spent a good part of his adolescence worried that Carole wanted a more effeminate son the way Kurt most likely worried about Burt wanting a more masculine one.

This entire storyline illustrates how inept RIB always were - they wanted Kurt's crush to play for laughs when they wanted it to play for laughs, they wanted pathos when they wanted pathos and they wanted to tell young people not to say the (other) "f word."

What I hated about this whole storyline was that never once did Finn tell Kurt he was straight.  Kurt continuing to hit on him after that would have been creepy, but Kurt was simply behaving in the vein of 98% of every romantic comedy ever made with his try-try-again strategy to win Finn over to his side.

Finn's discomfort is completely understandable, particularly, given his lack of intelligence, it's perfectly plausible that he presumed homosexuality was contagious.  The show could have done a much better job highlighting exactly what Finn was struggling with - the replacement of his father's memory, discomfort about his place in the newly forming family, discomfort with the idea of living in close proximity (it didn't even have to be sharing a room with) a gay guy. 

At the end of the day, I really think Ryan just got out of bed two days before the episode was written and thought, "I'm going to single-handedly retire the word "fag" because I'm just.that.good."

For my part I have always contended that Carole is the one who screwed up the most.  Apparently Burt or Burt/Carole gave Kurt the courtesy of telling him they were moving in together in private.  Finn, on the other hand, got told via a surprise party.  Even if Kurt didn't have a crush on him that would have been a crappy way to tell your child they are leaving the only home they have ever know and surprise they will now have to share a room.  The crush added more fuel to the fire.

Anyway they seemed shocked at the TCA's or Comicon that summer that people saw Finn's side of that whole mess so what did they do?  I feel they doubled down on it in Duets in a fit of screw you to the audience.  Finn had already shown he had come to accept who Kurt was to the point in dressing up in a red shower curtain to show solidarity yet in "duets" he was warning Sam away from him.  That never made sense to me since I doubt Sam singing with Kurt would have "damaged" his rep as much as Finn dressing up in that shower curtain to defend Kurt from the football team.  Sure they had Burt bring up that Kurt hadn't been as forthcoming as he should have been in that whole mess but I still feel the point from "Duets" was Finn still hadn't accepted Kurt for who he was.  I am a huge Finn stan and even I thought he was a jerk in that episode even as I was thinking I thought we already went through this last season.

What I hated about this whole storyline was that never once did Finn tell Kurt he was straight.

Given that Finn dated Quinn and had been lusting after Rachel I think it was pretty clear he was straight.   Also I don't think it came across like Finn presumed homosexuality was contagious but rather he was uncomfortable living with a guy who was clearly lusting after him.  I thought that much was clear.  What wasn't as clear is that he was also upset with the whole situation (and he had every right to be given how he was told) even though they set that up pretty clearly in "Home."  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

After all I am a huge Finn stan and I thought he was a jerk in that episode even as I was thinking I thought we already went through this last season.

My memory of the details of this ep aren't great, but wasn't Rachel just as much involved in suddenly deciding Kurt and Sam singing (in the privacy of the choir room!) would destroy Sam's rep or something to that effect?  I never really paused the fast forward on Finn scenes unless Kurt was in the scene as well, but I still recognized that they'd wiped the slate clean of everything that had just happened a few episodes earlier so Rachel and Finn could say the words they wanted said.  This show really should have been a variety hour with a few skits thrown in each week that acted out things RM had recently read about in Reader's Digest or US Weekly or wherever he gets his "news."

No it was more Finn than Rachel.  If they had just left it at Finn approaching Kurt and saying you are coming on pretty strong with Sam and not all dudes are okay with that, as you know from my freak-out last year, it would have been fine because that would have actually built on what happened in season 1 and gone back and addressed a POV missing in "Theatricality."  Where it went in jackass territory was telling Sam hey your rep may get damaged by this.  Not only jackass territory but more importantly me thinking didn't we already do this last year year when Finn dressed up in a tight bright red shower curtain and come to Kurt's defense in front of the entire football team?  Surely Sam singing with Kurt isn't him putting himself out there more than that.  

Edited by camussie

What I hated about this whole story line was that never once did Finn tell Kurt he was straight.

I don't think Finn needed to tell Kurt he was straight. He told Kurt he wasn't interested. That should have been enough. If I tell someone I'm not interested, that's all they need to know. They aren't entitled to some long drawn out explanation. Finn made clear he was not interested in Kurt, romantically and he did it politely (originally).

• Love 4

I don't think Finn needed to tell Kurt he was straight. He told Kurt he wasn't interested. That should have been enough. If I tell someone I'm not interested, that's all they need to know. They aren't entitled to some long drawn out explanation. Finn made clear he was not interested in Kurt, romantically and he did it politely (originally).

That's true - but in how many entertainment vehicles is that how it plays out?  In movies, on TV shows, in books and short stories and comic books and essentially any other fictional love (or attempted love) story, one party asks, the other declines and the party who asks keeps asking.

Now, maybe the cliche should be retired, but Kurt was doing exactly the same thing every other romantic protagonist has been doing since the dawn of storytelling.

Edited by Myrna123
  • Love 1

If only that worked for any woman ever. Nice idea. Doesn't tend to work in reality.

• Love 2

Now, maybe the cliche should be retired, but Kurt was doing exactly the same thing every other romantic protagonist has been doing since the dawn of storytelling.

And there were plenty of (straight) characters doing it on Glee too, including Finn. But noone called any of them creepy at Comic-con.

Finn never told Kurt he was straight, he was even quite evasive and polite when rejecting Kurt, probably because he didn't want to hurt his feelings, but still: for all Kurt knew Finn could have been bi-sexual or in the closet (after all: Santana dated guys at the time).

Not that I think it was okay how everything then unfolded with the whole bedroom sharing stuff, but tbh that was first and foremost Burt and Carole's fault, not Kurt's. It's not like Kurt somehow blackmailed or hypnotized Burt and Carole so they would force Finn to share a room with him: they were the ones deciding to move in together without apparently having 3 bedrooms in the house (which is ridiculous enough as it is, as Kurt's bedroom was in the basement, so there was only 1 other bedroom upstairs?) and while talking about it with one son but not the other.

Burt and Carole should have talked to Finn first, find out if he was comfortable with sharing a room with Kurt, and if he wasn't then they should have waited with the moving in together till that 3rd bedroom Burt mentioned was build.

Edited by Glorfindel

I don't think Kurt was creepy but I can see why Finn felt uncomfortable given that Kurt had a crush on him but most of all I think he should have been uncomfortable with was how Carol just kept springing these things on him (especially the move since apparently Kurt got the courtesy of being told on his own) and that was what "Theatricality" missed.  In RM's desire to do a PSA about the F word he completely missed the boat on how screwed up the rest of that situation was. 

Then when people pointed out how slanted the episode was it seems he decided to revisit the whole story in a big ole FU to the people who dared question his brilliance.

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

^I completely agree with that.

Although it wasn't the only shitstorm in the fandom RIB caused with their horrible writing, it was the biggest and ugliest as far as I can tell. And it makes me sad because I thought the relationship between Finn and Kurt was/could have been one of the best Glee ever did, but after 'Theatricality' and 'Duets' (when they revisited the issue) the writers never really dared to do much with these 2 as step-brothers anymore.

Edited by Glorfindel

Although it wasn't the only shitstorm in the fandom RIB caused with their horrible writing, it was the biggest and ugliest as far as I can tell. And it makes me sad because I thought the relationship between Finn and Kurt was/could have been one of the best Glee ever did, but after 'Theatricality' and 'Duets' (when they revisited the issue) the writers never really dared to do much with these 2 as step-brothers anymore.

Agreed.  I don't really care about BTS relationships of co-stars, but I always thought that the interviews Cory and Chris did together showed a sweet friendship that echoed somehow with the more carefree, accepting Finn and the much more sardonic and judgmental Kurt.

^I completely agree with that.

They had Finn back Kurt for class president over Rachel in Season 3. Although that was more about teaching Rachel a lesson, so writing failure again!

Well except in "Furt" where once again the issue was revisited and Finn was written on the wrong side of it again until he sang to Kurt.  Also  where Carole's vows focused on Finn in relation to Kurt while Burt's vows focused on Kurt.  That episode ticked me off for several reasons but the main one was that they could have ended up in pretty much the same place (Finn serenading Kurt) but added some nuance to not make it so black and white with Kurt = helpless victim/Finn = cowardly stepbrother.  

For example, instead of Finn being worried about his rep (which again I thought they settled with the show curtain thing back in "Theatricality") it could have been that he didn't want to put himself too far out there because he saw football as one of the few ways he may get to college and ticking off his offensive line could ruin that for him (he mentioned being sacked too much so all they had to do was take that to its logical conclusion in the dialog).  Still not all that noble but more nuanced and bonus -  it would have been a good precursor to his devastation in season 3.  

As for who I liked the least in the episode.  It wasn't Kurt.  Once again it was the parents.  Burt for assuming it was Finn's job to protect Kurt  and Carol for not stepping in and telling Burt it wasn't.  

Rachel was a close second with her let's get the boys to take care of this.  Annoying but also incredibly out of character.  If kept in character, she would have been in Sues' office threatening lawsuits post haste instead of expecting Finn and the others to beat up Karofsky.

Although it wasn't the only shitstorm in the fandom RIB caused with their horrible writing, it was the biggest and ugliest as far as I can tell. And it makes me sad because I thought the relationship between Finn and Kurt was/could have been one of the best Glee ever did

I feel like they should have focused on those family dynamics more especially when they broke up the couples in season 4.  Finn/Kurt relationship should have been the relationship connecting the two narratives while the romances were taking a back seat.                                                   

Edited by camussie

Ah, yes, the "Theatricality" imbroglio.  As I recall, the TWOP episode thread on that ran to 50+ pages.

That storyline was one of the canaries in the coal mine as far as the direction the show was heading in.  Among other things, it showed the writers' previously strong grasp of tonal balance being completely lost, and them failing to understand the implications of it -- for instance, a lot of the debate around Kurt being "creepy" relates to stuff he did before that was meant to be funny; but if you drag the whole storyline into pure drama, which is what they did in "Theatricality", then everything leading up to it should logically have to be assessed through the same lens.  It frustrates me, because the whole situation was unnecessary; a storyline about Finn having to share a bedroom with Kurt whilst the latter was still attracted to him could have been very funny, but the writers went to the Very Special Episode well, and totally botched it.  It's also a good example of how the writers didn't seem to understand that in comedy, contrived situations are almost de rigeur, whereas in drama that just doesn't work (all the various contrivances for why Finn and Kurt were sharing a room in the first place could have been played as absurdist humour, but instead it was just presented as a dramatic setup, and that doesn't work).

Edited by SeanC
  • Love 4

I think Theatricality was also an earlier indicator that anyone except Rachel and white guys are props. The episode starts being about Tina not being allowed to dress the way she wants but that's binned for Rachel's mom drama, Puck discovering fatherhood and Finn/Kurt drama.

That's not a criticism of any of those stories, apart from the criticisms of the Finn/Kurt story that have been made, I liked the other two. But it was like, wait... What happened to that story... Oh right lets have Tina pretend to be a vampire. (My eyes just rolled so hard I saw my brain).

I still do not see how glee club in the end has been so great for Rachel

Without the Glee club she would have never had a venue to perform and therefore probably never gotten into NYADA which led to "Funny Girl."  That is why it was a good thing for Rachel.   After all she had been trying out for community theater since she was a child without ever getting a part.  

Without the Glee club she would have never had a venue to perform and therefore probably never gotten into NYADA which led to "Funny Girl."  That is why it was a good thing for Rachel.   After all she had been trying out for community theater since she was a child without ever getting a part.  

I was talking as to her confidence and maturation 

In prom queen Finn give her a speech how people are all so inspired by her. Why at that point they had not won Nationals and she had just choked and had no back up plans.   I just feel like they pretend glee club did so much for her and I think in ways it brought her down.

Glee may have padded her resume but it didn't give her her drive or the confidence we first saw.   

I think the show demonstrates Rachel always had the talent. It's debatable whether her star wouldn't have shined despite not being on Glee.

Glee gave her a support group of friends, but I don't think Glee made a difference as far as her talent.

The show has hit us over the head far too many times that Glee invested Rachel needed "social" skills within a network of friends, IMO it's debatable she needed them.

And whether they "stuck".

Edited by caracas1914
  • Love 1

I don't think Glee increased her talent.  I think it gave her a venue to display it which eventually led to her first Broadway run.  I also think it gave her "something special" to be a part of - a group of friends who love and support each other.  I would say that was the whole point we were anvilled with in "Opening Night."  Rachel had the Broadway debut she had been dreaming of since she was 4 but the focus was on how this group of friends loves and supports each other.  

• While many of us thought it was unprofessional as heck for her to skip the opening night cast party (although her producers didn't care) the point of that scene was she chose her friends to celebrate with because that group of ND alums is her "something special."  
  • She had an epic rant to Sue that boiled down to you are just jealous that you don't have what all of us have - a wonderful group of friends who are there for each other
  • The last scene where they all excitedly read her reviews and then Will called and she wanted to talk about the baby not her triumph

Now does the show go way overboard with the encouragement that devolves into coddling and neediness among this group of friends?  Absolutely.  In Rachel's case they should have toned down her opening night freak out. Not to mention back in season 4 it should have been her who signed up for the FG audition instead of Kurt doing it for her.  "Props" was ridiculous.  As was her planning on deferring NYADA for a year to stay in Lima with Kurt and Finn.

Before certain competition  they always seem to have to have Finn give her a pep talk.  Before her opening night the whole crew had to give her a pep talk etc.

I think there is a difference between the pep talk Finn gave her before their first sectionals or her NYADA audition or Will's pep talk right before she went on stage in "Opening Night"  (to name a few examples) and what we saw in the loft when Rachel wouldn't get out of bed until she was tricked/coaxed into doing so.  

• The first are examples of friends/loved ones saying I believe in you so get out there and show those people what you can do. After all there is a reason even the most gifted athletes have coaches who, not only teach them technique, but who pump them up before big meets.  
  • The second is you are too weak to do this on your own so we will push you to do it.  
Edited by camussie

The one at Sectionals annoyed me a bit. She was the one who got everyone together and encouraging them  yet in the end Finn thought she needed some pep talk ?  This right after she just got affirmation from her two biggest critics Kurt and Mercedes.

I just remember seeing this girl who put on a brave face when bullied and  and later on  everyone had to give her a pep talk after a semi crisis in confidence.

I don't think Finn thought she needed a pep talk.  I think he was simply giving her a pep talk to show he cared.  One of the consistent things about Finn's characterization was his unshakable belief in Rachel's talent.  He doubted other things about her and them throughout the years but he never doubted her talent.  

Sure his pep talk wasn't very eloquent but it was something I think a 16 year old guy, who had only ever been coached in sports, would say to a teammate about to start in the biggest "game" of her life.  

Also it was both Finn and Rachel and to a lesser degree Quinn who got everyone together for their first sectionals.  She kept everyone's spirits up when they realized their set lists had been stolen and was able to perform an unplanned solo.  He came in with "You can't always get what you want."   Quinn came up with "Somebody to Love."

Edited by camussie

To him it was necessary.  Not because he doubted she could do it but because he wanted to show he cared about her and believed in her.   Even the most confident and talented performers like to know those they care about believe in them. I thought it was a nice moment as was Mercedes and Kurt encouraging her.  She didn't need them to do that either but she obviously was happy they did.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 1

The one time I thought Finn's support made a lot of sense was the Diva off over Maria/WSS with Mercedes. As much as some aspects of that SL really annoyed me, (including how they framed Rachel/Mercedes' battle ) Finn's enthusiasm was infectious; Rachel won the coin toss and he was "yeeeeesssssss".

Glee may have padded her resume but it didn't give her her drive or the confidence we first saw.   

It tossed everybody else under the bus to give her two giant solos so she could impress Carmen, get into NYADA, and then flip the bird on her way out. 

Early season Rachel >> whatever happened later

• Love 4

I think the show demonstrates Rachel always had the talent. It's debatable whether her star wouldn't have shined despite not being on Glee.

Glee gave her a support group of friends, but I don't think Glee made a difference as far as her talent.

The show has hit us over the head far too many times that Glee invested Rachel needed "social" skills within a network of friends, IMO it's debatable she needed them.

And whether they "stuck".

What Glee should have taught and doesn't appear to have is, that although she is the lead actor and the leading lady, she has to work with others, the lead actor is the head of the company in a stage show. Occasionally on Glee they had Rachel recognising she needed other but not often, so by the time she had Funny Girl she really thought she didn't need anyone else professionally, even an understudy. She appears to have no idea to work in a company, which exactly what glee should've taught her. 

I hate Props with the fire of a thousand suns, for what it did to Tina. Hate. 

Tina, Mike their entire relationship sacrificed at the altar of Rachel Berry.

What Glee should have taught and doesn't appear to have is, that although she is the lead actor and the leading lady, she has to work with others, the lead actor is the head of the company in a stage show. Occasionally on Glee they had Rachel recognising she needed other but not often, so by the time she had Funny Girl she really thought she didn't need anyone else professionally, even an understudy. She appears to have no idea to work in a company, which exactly what glee should've taught her. 

This was exactly the point that Ms. Tibideaux was trying to get Rachel to see when she quit NYADA. She was asked directly if she wanted to be part of the theater community or if she was only interested in the spotlight. Rachel showed a remarkable lack of any sense of responsibility towards the production she was now leading. She enjoyed the good reviews and the trappings of stardom, but she didn't see herself as having any real obligation to the show or the rest of cast and crew and was willing to ditch them the instant something new and interesting came along. Rachel never quite got it through her head that the star and lead still is just another performer and part of a whole.

• Love 3

This was exactly the point that Ms. Tibideaux was trying to get Rachel to see when she quit NYADA. She was asked directly if she wanted to be part of the theater community or if she was only interested in the spotlight. Rachel showed a remarkable lack of any sense of responsibility towards the production she was now leading. She enjoyed the good reviews and the trappings of stardom, but she didn't see herself as having any real obligation to the show or the rest of cast and crew and was willing to ditch them the instant something new and interesting came along. Rachel never quite got it through her head that the star and lead still is just another performer and part of a whole.

The only time they came close was in The Power of Madonna and Original Song. But the lesson were forgotten the next week. By season 3 those who don't bow to Rachel's will either leave the glee club or get shit from their own boyfriends. By season 4/5 even seasoned professionals are ignored.

• Love 1

The only time they came close was in The Power of Madonna and Original Song. But the lesson were forgotten the next week. By season 3 those who don't bow to Rachel's will either leave the glee club or get shit from their own boyfriends. By season 4/5 even seasoned professionals are ignored.

Then everybody had to bow to her specialness and need to get into a school she blew off because she got a better gig, then she got a pilot, then the show needed to make her extra pathetic so her dads had to break up. Meanwhile her best friend she never liked that much unless he was dressing her tossed over his boyfriend so he could cry over the guy who made his high school life hell. It's Glee, don't try to make sense of any of this.

Though I guess Finn was designed as a character to be unremarkable in every way, though I think they took it WAY to far.

Finn wasn't designed as an unremarkable character in every way.  Sure he wasn't the best singer or dancer in ND but the very first episode made it clear there wouldn't have ever been a ND if it wasn't for Finn's remarkable ability to bring a disparate set of people together for a common cause.  Now that wasn't as consistent across the years as I would have liked but it was one of the more consistent things about his character including him holding the newbies together as a group after their disqualification.  

I would also say, to the show's detriment, they focused on how the only success that counted was being a star on stage.  Still that doesn't mean that those characters who weren't destined for the stage (and Finn wasn't) were unremarkable in every way.  

Edited by camussie
  • Love 3

I still do not get why Finn never thought to be a musician.

Because weirdly no-one was. As much as the show was about performing, music, except for singing, was ignored as a career choice or avenue of study. Edited by jtrattray

I think because, while he liked playing the drums, he didn't want it to be his profession.  Nothing wrong with that. Also nothing wrong with him not knowing what to do after high school.  He is in the majority there.  The issue was the writing held him up to the Rachel/Kurt standard in that because they knew what they wanted to do since an early age (nothing wrong with that either) and because Finn didn't, there was something wrong with him.  Meanwhile people like Puck and Santana were unclear about their path and it was fine they took a while to figure it out.  

For example Santana gave up a full paying scholarship to college to go hang in NY with no plan and it was treated like a brave choice in the writing where as everyone and their dog shot down the idea that Finn should just follow Rachel to NY without having a clear plan of his own.  I happened to agree him following her to NY would have been a bad idea but I also think Santana throwing away a free college education was a bad idea too.

Edited by camussie

Because weirdly no-one was. As much as the show was about performing, music, except for singing, was ignored as a career choice or avenue of study.

I'll never understand why Puck and Finn never started a band. Those guys were made for a garage band.

• Love 6
Sam's loves

Quinn- cheated on him, he proposed to her 2 episodes into their storyline.

Mercedes- broke up twice off screen, broke up again a third time on screen.

Brittany- married her, she broke up w/ him. He got his heart broken again

Penny- don't know, off screen

Quinn - Seeing as how Sam was happily macking on Santana a couple of episodes later he didn't seem all that heartbroken

Brittany - fell immediately for Penny (was dating her within a couple of weeks of when Brittany left)

The only one who broke his heart was Mercedes.  

• Love 1

Quinn - Seeing as how Sam was happily macking on Santana a couple of episodes later he didn't seem all that heartbroken

Brittany - fell immediately for Penny (was dating her within a couple of weeks of when Brittany left)

The only one who broke his heart was Mercedes.  

Yet the show said that Quinn broke his heart as did Brittany and S4 tried to even say that he wanted Brittany the whole time. So no he's gotten his heart broken by more than one girl.

Edited by Hookian

Yet the show said that Quinn broke his heart as did Brittany and S4 tried to even say that he wanted Brittany the whole time. So no he's gotten his heart broken by more than one girl.

They're telling us he's really easy. I can accept that premise, but it makes the next time we're told he falls hard kind of messy.

• Love 1

They're telling us he's really easy. I can accept that premise, but it makes the next time we're told he falls hard kind of messy.

Which is why the next time he falls, it has to be slow and steady. BC he's been burned every single time.

Which is why the next time he falls, it has to be slow and steady. BC he's been burned every single time.

Isn't Rachel some kind of waiting for the movie of her life to be some sort of epic romantic comedy? I'm not sure how their things match up except that this is Glee and we get told to like it.

Meanwhile people like Puck and Santana were unclear about their path and it was fine they took a while to figure it out. 

Except in "Saturday Night Glee-ver", where Santana's not wanting to go to college was an act of egotism that needed to be bludgeoned out of her, even though as soon as she did that, everybody started shaming her for going to college and calling her a coward for not doing what she was planning to do before.

Ah, Glee.

• Love 3

After six years of Glee it's clear to me that Ryan Murphy, hardly the most "masculine" post Modern gay himself, must have had his ass kicked every day in high school between servicing, I mean dating , high school jocks.

His obsession of contrasting effeminate Gays versus Masculine Gays is downright creepy.

• Love 1

I'll never understand why Puck and Finn never started a band. Those guys were made for a garage band.

Really. I never understood that either, it also would have given them a reason to head to NY. 

I never understood why they didn't have Santana working in blues/jazz bars.

Pretty much the answer to any and all questions about Glee, but particularly their blindness when it comes to potential storylines in New York is "because the writers are dumb."

Edited by SNeaker
  • Love 5

Pretty much the answer to any and all questions about Glee, but particularly their blindness when it comes to potential storylines in New York is "because the writers are dumb."

That's almost a given. Is there any other show with more wasted potential? Heroes maybe. Tough call.

• Love 1