Type keyword(s) to search

All Episodes Talk: Breadstix

Cranberry

On 11/09/2017 at 11:27 PM, marymon said:

The noobs were  let go  1. because the end was near and no one cared about them. 2. They wanted Rachel and Kurt to build the glee club up from  nothing.  The wanted to end at McKinley and have some full circle moment.  3.  It was cheaper to get rid of them.

I know I was not the only one who found some of the S4 new cast to be interesting and worth caring for; in some cases, they were definitely more enjoyable and more convincing performers than a portion of the the Old Ones, i.e. the S1 original cast. Even if S6 was designed to show the consolidation of different choirs by Blaine, Kurt, Rachel and Will, they did not really do it from nothing: they hired a whole new group and then spent a considerable amount of time and plot building up the new characters in that season, not only in personality but also dealing at length with their own issues, like discomfort with one's body image, rejection, adjusting to competition and of course various romantic entanglements between the new characters.  The show may have spent less money because these were new hires, but they invested a lot into them. I think the S4 new cast was let go in part because the show was switched to NYC and the production intended to keep it there until the end, but then the writers found themselves unable to explore that vein successfully or were in a creative dead end and came back to the old pattern of the choir rooms in Lima and around. 

His work on the potential movie goes beyond "involvement", just as it did for Blake Jenner when he worked to get his own movie made or any other Glee person doing their own projects. 

Otherwise, it's no secret the Glee workload wasn't your typical grind.

I think that "involvement" is a perfectly adequate word to describe someone working on any project, whatever the scope of their participation; it will still be appropriate when we eventually know the final arrangements and the particulars of who does what and to what extent on that movie.

Another thing CC may appreciate in comparison to Glee is that the fans of his books appear to be less extreme; as far as I know, no more scary incident in an elevator, no stalker live-reporting each step of his visit to an amusement park (was it Disneyland?), etc., and no obsessive fans who seemed to believe they knew his intimate thoughts and spoke of him as a kind of surrogate son or brother.

Edited by Florinaldo
On 9/6/2017 at 7:06 AM, fakeempress said:

He said he enjoyed doing his own project and working from home for a change - as do many self-employed people who aren't best selling authors. His work on the potential movie goes beyond "involvement", just as it did for Blake Jenner when he worked to get his own movie made or any other Glee person doing their own projects. 

Indeed.   As we speak, Chris is writing the screenplay adaptation of his own novel, and is set to be one of the producers as well as directing the project.  Couldn't be more excited for him.

On 9/19/2017 at 7:15 PM, Florinaldo said:

I know I was not the only one who found some of the S4 new cast to be interesting and worth caring for; in some cases, they were definitely more enjoyable and more convincing performers than a portion of the the Old Ones, i.e. the S1 original cast. Even if S6 was designed to show the consolidation of different choirs by Blaine, Kurt, Rachel and Will, they did not really do it from nothing: they hired a whole new group and then spent a considerable amount of time and plot building up the new characters in that season, not only in personality but also dealing at length with their own issues, like discomfort with one's body image, rejection, adjusting to competition and of course various romantic entanglements between the new characters.  The show may have spent less money because these were new hires, but they invested a lot into them. I think the S4 new cast was let go in part because the show was switched to NYC and the production intended to keep it there until the end, but then the writers found themselves unable to explore that vein successfully or were in a creative dead end and came back to the old pattern of the choir rooms in Lima and around. 

I am sure some people liked new cat but overall they did not connect as hoped.  As far as NY only for the end of the show I don't see  it  they had already written the arc for Rachel to fail hence having to come back to revive glee club. They did not want glee club to end on ssour note by losing and being disbanded.  IMO

I think that "involvement" is a perfectly adequate word to describe someone working on any project, whatever the scope of their participation; it will still be appropriate when we eventually know the final arrangements and the particulars of who does what and to what extent on that movie.

Not sure what "final arrangements and particulars on who does what" we're waiting for wrt to Chris. It's clear what kind of work he's taking on. He's said he won't be acting in it, at the most he may do a Hitchcock cameo. 

Edited by fakeempress

I’m doing a rewatch and I’m on season 1 (remember when this show was a fun breath of fresh air? Good times), and I’d forgotten how much Lea Michelle and Idina Menzel look alike. That really was brilliant casting. If I wasn’t a broadway nerd who knew who they both were and knew they weren’t related, I think I would have wondered if they were cousins or something.

• Love 1