Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E09: And Then It Started Like A Guilty Thing

Wow! Wow! Wow!!  BEST episode of the entire two seasons!  I loved it!

So, now we know who killed King Simon - I was kind of hoping it wasn't Ted, because I kind of liked him, but I guess we'll see what happens next week.

Loved, loved, loved everything about Eleanor and Mr. Hill.  I hope nothing happens to him and he will be back.  He is the father figure that has been missing from Eleanor's life.  The look on her face when he told her that he was proud of her - priceless!!  Nice to see that Eleanor is maturing into a caring person, and is coming to terms with much of her life.  

The scenes with Eleanor and Imogene - very good, and maybe Imogene will be the "bff" that Eleanor needs.  

Jasper - well, what can we say?  He loves Eleanor, truly.  He looks so wounded.  I hope we can actually see him smile at some point.

Liam - I think the acting PM offered him that job just to get him out of the country, because she sees the tide turning, and maybe, just maybe, he would make a good King.  So glad he is not going to go to New York.

Helena - What will she do?  Will she walk away from the monarchy with her remaining family, or will she prove that Liam and Eleanor are actually Simon's children and Liam is the rightful heir to the throne?  

Cyrus - he tries, he really does, but his bad habits are too strong.  I wonder what will happen?

Nice to see Cyrus' daughters, but it's been so long, I forgot who the blonde was (plus, the plastic surgery storyline never really took off).

Lucius - I think he has been secretly in love with Helena since he has been a Royal security guard.

I am just now starting to enjoy this show again, and next week is the finale already - so sad!!  

Edited by njbchlover
  • Love 2

Wow, I didn't want this episode to end.

The Eleanor/Imogen story was very good. It sounds like Imogen is going to go as far away as possible but I'd like her and Eleanor to become friends. Continue to love everything about Mr. Hill, and his relationship with Eleanor. They better not ever make him a bad guy!

Helena sent Rachel to set up an appointment for the DNA testing, right? You'd think Helena wouldn't have entrusted anyone with that information, considering how easy it is to fake things (and how easily these loyal employees turn on them). And now she's not going to bother with it? Hopefully they'll answer that question next season. Lucius' dedication to the Crown is... pathetic. But he'll be released once the video of Ted killing Simon gets out.

Well, Prudence has it all figured out, huh? Got her makeup popping, too. LOL. And she's still pregnant... she really didn't look it in the last episode. (Also, her apartment looked nice, what the heck was she talking about, "look at this, I don't want this for my son"?)

I was thinking Cyrus seemed to have bounced back pretty quickly after Violet's violent end (allegedly... I bet we'll see her again) but we got a little moment of sadness from him at the end. What's with all these maids trying to hook up with him, anyway? Geez.

I see what you did there, Prime Minister, offering Liam a job in New York, where Ophelia lives. (Is it bad that I kinda want Liam and the PM to hook up now? He's so spotless on a show full of messy characters.) I'm glad he turned it down, and I enjoyed him and Willow (I know her name now! LOL) in this episode. I have a feeling Ophelia will pop up in the finale, especially with the reveal (well, confirmation) that Ted's the killer, but I'd like to continue with Liam and Willow, see where it goes.

Lucky for Jasper, those bratty kids having an HD camera set up the night of the murder. I could have done with seeing the fight only on the computer screen; going back to the actual night didn't reveal anything new and honestly, it just looked really awkward. And won't Ted be out for Jasper's ass now, since he can tell what footage he's viewing? Speaking of ass-having, I wish Liam had had the time to really let him have it, it would have helped with the constant distaste in my mouth when it comes to Jasper/Eleanor (though I almost sympathized with him/them tonight), even though his anger was about the con job, not the rapey/BDSM weirdness. Oh, and I loved all the cracks at Jasper's accent... it was shocking to me, to find out that the English accent is the actor's real one, because I thought it was pretty bad. LOL!

No offense to the actresses playing Cyrus' daughters but they may as well cut those characters at this point, they're so irrelevant now. They have no ties to the main stories; their dad's King, is marrying the maid who's giving him a male heir, which would make her Queen... and they have nothing to do with any of it. And I don't even remember why that guy was pursuing the both of them... to help declare them incompetent or something, right? But I don't see what that has to do with anything now.

• Love 2

How many "Cyrus & the maid" stories are they going to do? 

So Ted really killed Simon, I thought he might be saying he killed him because maybe he told somebody information that led to the king's death, or didn't do something that led to his death, but he outright killed him. I guess once they got rid of Ophelia, there was no reason to keep Ted.

No offense to the actresses playing Cyrus' daughters but they may as well cut those characters at this point, they're so irrelevant now. They have no ties to the main stories; their dad's King, is marrying the maid who's giving him a male heir, which would make her Queen... and they have nothing to do with any of it. 

The cousins were the best part of the show (I'm never not going to find "Just a vaggie virgin, not a blowie or a handie" funny) & I understand if they lost an actress, but they should have re-cast the role with someone similar & not tried to turn her into a blonde bombshell. They've ruined the whole dynamic between the sisters & Eleanor & Liam.

• Love 1

How many "Cyrus & the maid" stories are they going to do? 

So Ted really killed Simon, I thought he might be saying he killed him because maybe he told somebody information that led to the king's death, or didn't do something that led to his death, but he outright killed him. I guess once they got rid of Ophelia, there was no reason to keep Ted.

The cousins were the best part of the show (I'm never not going to find "Just a vaggie virgin, not a blowie or a handie" funny) & I understand if they lost an actress, but they should have re-cast the role with someone similar & not tried to turn her into a blonde bombshell. They've ruined the whole dynamic between the sisters & Eleanor & Liam.

What dynamic between the sisters and the twins? I can't remember the last time I saw them in a scene together. Or the sisters and Cyrus, for that matter.

Or the sisters and anybody except that goofy non-boyfriend they unknowingly shared (until this episode, anyway). Whatever the original idea was for those characters when the show was being developed has been lost. They just don't bring anything to the storyline. They don't even need an exit storyline, that's how irrelevant they are, unfortunately.

BTW, completely agree about the "Cyrus and the maid" stories. Enough already. Are all these nymphets slinking about the palace in maids' uniforms and stilettos heels really even maids? 

Edited by TVForever
  • Love 1

What dynamic between the sisters and the twins? I can't remember the last time I saw them in a scene together. Or the sisters and Cyrus, for that matter.

Or the sisters and anybody except that goofy non-boyfriend they unknowingly shared (until this episode, anyway). Whatever the original idea was for those characters when the show was being developed has been lost. They just don't bring anything to the storyline. They don't even need an exit storyline, that's how irrelevant they are, unfortunately.

BTW, completely agree about the "Cyrus and the maid" stories. Enough already. Are all these nymphets slinking about the palace in maids' uniforms and stilettos heels really even maids? 

Good point - maybe they're all "professionals" hired by the Domino guy to get Cyrus drunk, coked out and have sex with him and take incriminating photos?  ;-)

Seriously - with all those nymphets (love that word, btw) running around with feather dusters, Prince Liam can't remember the last time someone spent a night in his room??   

Ugh, I didn't like Imogen.  I thought she was a scam all along.  Maybe it was her acting.  Up until the end of the episode I was suspicious of her.  Then again I never remember where these characters pop out from/come from anyway.

I thought we knew several weeks ago that Ted killed Simon.  I can never keep up with the plots from this show.

Edited by Ms Blue Jay
  • Love 2

What dynamic between the sisters and the twins? 

Last season, this season they didn't even exist near each other, but last season they were great.

I'm pretty sure we figured out Ted was the one who killed Simon, but then he met up with that guy whose sister was killed in the horse competition and things got kind of confusing. This show makes my head hurt. Also, hilariously, how do they plan on wrapping up all these storylines next week? Because they won't be able to. 

• Love 1

I dunno - it seems believable to me. Cyrus has gotten involved with two maids and both have nearly become the Queen of England as a result, and I'm not sure how public the details of Violet's untimely end are yet. Since he obviously has a 'type', it doesn't surprise me that people are coming out of the woodwork with self-serving intentions. Hell, if I worked in that castle I'd probably stuff my cellulite in some hot pants and have a go at it too - odds seem pretty good in my favor. :)

• Love 2

And there goes my theory that Ted killed the king by stepping on one of the tubes he was hooked to when lying comatose at the palace and was not the one who had stabbed him!

Ugh, I didn't like Imogen.  I thought she was a scam all along.

I know, right!? I was on the edge of my seat fearing abduction or worse for Eleanor, who foolishly went there with no security detail.

I loved the episode, though. The succession of "Have a seat" with different scenes and characters was very nice, I thought. And while I always liked evil queen Helena, I'm also liking this new version a lot :) Go figure - I'm probably easy to please. 

Liam's new romantic interest is a huuuuuge improvement over Ophelia. The character has sparks, wit and depth, the actress is gorgeous and believable, and the actors have great chemistry. 

I dunno - it seems believable to me. Cyrus has gotten involved with two maids and both have nearly become the Queen of England as a result, and I'm not sure how public the details of Violet's untimely end are yet. Since he obviously has a 'type', it doesn't surprise me that people are coming out of the woodwork with self-serving intentions.

Indeed. And what WAS different this time is that he asked for... a pomegranate juice. Which is probably the most unexpected thing he's ever asked for! The nymphet of the week seemed extremely disappointed that he didn't rise to the occasion and live up to his reputation.

Used to love the twins but the dynamic lost all momentum once of the actresses was replaced. They can indeed disappear anyday now, for me they mostly worked as a two-headed excentric oddity. 

Last week is already the season finale!? This I don't like :-(

• Love 1

And won't Ted be out for Jasper's ass now, since he can tell what footage he's viewing?

He could tell when it was part of the palace surveillance system's library, but will he know now that Jasper's brought in something completely external?

I missed the show this Sunday (nephew's bday party) and am just
catching up now.

I loved this episode too. I was shocked that I didn't remember to
watch it earlier in the week. I will really miss this how and can't
believe that we have only 1 ep left.

Of course, I loved all the Jasper scenes. He and Lenny are my favorite
characters to watch.

I didn't trust that Imogene either. Maybe it was the actress?

I don't mind that Ted killed the king. I'm not too fond of Ted. He's
terrible at his job plus being Ophelia's father hasn't won him any
points with me. I also find his dead wife annoying and boring.

And I adore Mr. Hill. How cute is this guy? Great exchange between
him and Lenny during the whole room cleaning scene.

I'm glad too that Liam isn't going to New York. That's where Ophelia
is and I'm happy to see her stay gone.

Yeah, Cyrus's daughters have really been underused. They weren't even
comic relief in this episode. I've long forgotten about the boyfriend
and his purpose/plan. I wonder if Helena even remembers him. And do they
also live in the palace? The show runners really should have replaced
the actress who left with another equally funny looking actress rather
than the pretty one which wrecked the whole ambiance of the sisters.

Still don't like Prudence. I hope her plans fall to shit. That poor
baby, what awful parents he's doomed to have.

Wicked, I'm sorry you find Jasper so repulsive (and truthfully he did
do some atrocious things), but the actor makes me drool. I think that
goes a long way in making me not remember or focus on his vile acts
previously. So I look forward to his scenes.

Yeah, where are they getting all these vixen maids? Apparently Cyrus
must have some say in the hiring process.

They don't have to wrap up all the storylines next week. The show has
been renewed. They need to have something to run with next season.

Stella, your post is hilarious. I look foward to seeing you on my
tv in your maid's outfit. :)

Liam's new romantic interest is a huge improvement from Ophelia. The
Ophelia actress was just too smug for the role. I couldn't stand to
watch her. The dialogue never fit her smug better than you face. I
always wanted to smack her. She also made us Americans look bad. We
don't need any help in doing that!

15 hours ago, kat165 said:

I love him too, but hated that Costner movie.

I loved that movie, lol - but I can see why some might not.  It's a classic for me though.

On 1/16/2016 at 6:14 PM, kat165 said:

Liam's new romantic interest is a huge improvement from Ophelia. The
Ophelia actress was just too smug for the role. I couldn't stand to
watch her. The dialogue never fit her smug better than you face. I
always wanted to smack her. She also made us Americans look bad. We
don't need any help in doing that!

I wonder if watching in 1.5 days in a huge marathon gave me a different PoV on the show - because I really don't understand the dislike Ophelia got?  I really liked her.  I kept wishing for Gemma to stay around though - because she and Ophelia had fun girlfriend chemistry together that seemed to try to peek out at times.  I kept thinking Gemma had more layers and Ophelia had more bad to her and wanted the show to tease that out... basically I wanted them to be frenemies that actually became friends.  Oh well.

Sorry, phoenics! No knock to you. I just don't like whatshername. Man, I can't even think of her name right now. Oh, Whitney Houston. I'm ok with Costner who is still kind of sexy.

phoenics, maybe I would have changed my mind if I'd caught season 1 during the marathon, but I (recently) only caught parts of season 2. I did watch both series several times though back when they originally aired. Gemma was hilarious. I miss her. Once Ophelia left I could not keep track of all the chicks Liam was getting involved with. I can think of at least three, none of whom's name I remember.

Next Sunday can't come soon enough. :)

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, kat165 said:

Did he actually end up with any one of them? And if so, can you give me some clues as to which one it is?

I don't think they had like an official conversation about it or anything like that, but she was the one who came to the birthday party? And I believe they shared a few scenes after that in another episode where nothing was really said. Like I think he made it known he likes her but for some reason she doesn't want to date him right now? Sorry not very helpful.

theres a lot of stuff I misremember about this show.

Edited by WhosThatGirl
  • Love 1

I don't even remember her saying she didn't want to date him.  She ended up being the one telling him the monarchy was worth saving, etc..  I don't find her interesting at all.  She's no different from Ophelia - she just has an accent.  That's it.  Her role on the show is literally less than the Ophelia character had (we know nothing about Willow) - all she does is give the "you'd be a great king" pep talks Ophelia did, without any of the backstory and grounding the Ophelia character had (complaints about the actress put aside).  Worse, she's part of that world too and anything they try to write to make her seem like she's not will come off forced and crazy.

I think what they should have done was have Gemma somehow be connected to Prince Robert and have a triangle with him, Liam and Gemma.  They could have Gemma actually having real feelings for Robert, and feeling conflicted because he's the heir and she doesn't want to look like a gold digger.  I hated Gemma but there was always a nice part to the way the actress portrayed her that I thought could blossom into a full blown good girl (or bad girl with a good heart) that would be more interesting than Ophelia Part 2, i.e., Willow.  Willow is pretty - but she's boring because she's from the same world Liam is - even if she claims she's not.  She's playing polo - and doing "royal" things and blending into his world really well - so if they're trying to paint her as being more common than royal, they've failed.

Honestly I thought the daughter of the Domino dude was far more interesting and that would have been a really good storyline - since she literally comes from royalty but really did grow up in dire straits in a ruined family due to what Liam's family did.  That would be a real girl and boy from opposite worlds story with an awesome Romeo+Juliet family feud situation thrown in.

That's what they should have done instead of pushed boring Willow.

Here's hoping Robert has better love stories lined up.

• Love 1

WhosThatGirl, I think I know who you mean. I'm having a hard time keeping them all straight! We'll see who he hangs with this season on Sunday. :)

I don't even remember who Willow is. :) phoenics, I liked the Domino girl too. I'd be ok with her returning.

I'm looking forward to Robert ousting Cyrus from his throne.

• Love 1