Type keyword(s) to search

Natalie Morales: The Angry Birds Want Their Eyebrows Back

Rhondinella
  • Start Topic

Well, to be fair, it's almost impossible to blow the World Cup into something bigger than it is in just about every country in the world except the US.  And even here there was a historic level of interest.  Still, if their coverage of this (I didn't see it because I can feel myself actively losing brain cells when I watch this show) is anything like what they do to the Olympics, then I don't blame you for your contempt.

• Love 3

They are stupid because she speaks fluent Spanish & they should having someone representing the increasing Hispanic & Latino cultures. What does Hoda bring to the table that is any different than any other newsreader?

• Love 1

Natalie is the best newsreader they've had in 15 years. They need to keep her on the first two hours, and replace her on that terrible Today's Take. Although, I've said before, they need to re-tool that whole show because it's unwatchable.

• Love 1

Who paid for all of the mother's day experiences?  Did the anchors pay for it themselves?  Because some of them seemed much very expensive (especially Hoda's) while others were basically free (Jenna and Natalie).

Who paid for all of the mother's day experiences?  Did the anchors pay for it themselves?  Because some of them seemed much very expensive (especially Hoda's) while others were basically free (Jenna and Natalie).

I think it's either sponsored or paid for by the show.

Last year, Natalie was able to negotiate a free week-long trip to Brazil to "cover" the World Cup. That was just an excuse to see her parents. She filmed a segment with them, which I thought was sweet.

Jenna Bush-Hager's mom is the former First Lady. She probably doesn't need or want anything. I thought Jenna's segment in the library with her own daughter and mom was really good, too.

Tamron's home garden segment looks like it was sponsored by 'Country Gardens' magazine.

Hoda's segment looks like it was sponsored by Loews.

• Love 1

I bet Nat is glad she has the cushy Access Hollywood job and California lifestyle. If rumors are true they are going to replace the 3rd hour of Today with Megyn Kelly. At least, I won't have to witness Tamron & Al. They have got to be the most ANNOYING peopl.....ever!

• Love 2
9 hours ago, ByaNose said:

I bet Nat is glad she has the cushy Access Hollywood job and California lifestyle. If rumors are true they are going to replace the 3rd hour of Today with Megyn Kelly. At least, I won't have to witness Tamron & Al. They have got to be the most ANNOYING peopl.....ever!

I just heard it on the news.  I am shocked - I just don't see her bringing in viewers.  My gut is that it's the final nail in the Today Show coffin, but I've been wrong before!

There is also some concern that Lopez will hurt ratings due to his "cheese ball" personality

Aren't most entertainment "news" hosts corny cheese balls?  I don't know how that will affect ratings one way or the other.

[A] source close to the situation says that Morales was not heartbroken over the firing.

Yeah... She did the Today Show for years, but having a smile plastered on her face while lobbing soft ball questions at Real Housewives didn't seem like her thing.  I'm shocked NBC kept her on Access as long as they did.

• Love 1