Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E09: Wingmom

Stinger97
  • Start Topic

Inspired by "Top Gun," Barry decides to join ROTC. Convinced it will help discipline him, Murray orders the Captain to prevent Barry from quitting when the going gets tough, prompting Beverly to join Barry, too! Meanwhile, Adam helps Pops get his swag back with a special librarian.

Aw, Adam loves his Pops. That was genuinely heartwarming.

That was the best part of it.

Barry was beyond annoying in this episode.  And dang it Erika - tone it down!  That girl always sounds like she is shouting.  Love the nickname Barry was stuck with.

Inspired by "Top Gun," Barry decides to join ROTC. Convinced it will help discipline him, Murray orders the Captain to prevent Barry from quitting when the going gets tough, prompting Beverly to join Barry, too! Meanwhile, Adam helps Pops get his swag back with a special librarian.

I know that this is the description from ABC's website, but they must have made a mistake with the bolded part.  I would think that the correct description of the B-plot would be something like Adam gets upset when Pops buys a time share in Florida.

• Love 3

The show is great, but Barry does that weird thing that Johnny Galecki did on Big Bang for the first few seasons. He tilts his head up and squints while delivering his lines as if he can't see or something. It's odd and off-putting.

Beverly just annoys me, no real mother would act that way and no real school administration would be cowed by one person so much. The actress is fantastic and gives it her all, but I really dislike the character and she's getting too cartoonish.

Adam and Pops (and the dad and Erica to a lesser degree) are the most real characters and the most pleasant to watch. Could it be because they're not always shouting?