Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E08: Rats, Bugs and Moles

Briggs Oil is celebrating its 30th Anniversary, and the party must go on, even in the wake of the intensified federal investigation into Hap's business dealings. Suspecting there’s an informant in his ranks, Hap clamps down on security and nearly exposes his son, Wick, as the source of the leak. This leads Wick to recruit an unlikely accomplice in his desire to bring down his father. Meanwhile, Annie sets up shop in Rock Springs with her new partner, Billy, who finds himself increasingly preoccupied as his lies begin to catch up to him in the form of Gary Laframboise, who threatens to expose the truth about Billy.

This show is so bad but it was so soapily good tonight!

I'm going to agree with you in part.  I never thought it was bad, but it needed time and a little bit of reworking.  The part that I do agree with is that this episode delivered on the soapiness that I was looking for.  Loved Annie and Carla throwing shade.

Yeah, did not expect Carla to get snagged--but i'm not sad she did. I really don't care about Jules, though (and we could see that last scene coming a mile away).

Proving that this show isn't completely predictable now is it?  Carla being nailed was a surprise to me too!

• Love 1

Poor Carla, stuck in a jail cell in a $5000 evening dress.  Somewhere along the line there is going to be one big ass knife fight between all the characters, with so much betrayal going on. 

This whole plot with the "confidential" USGS report reminds me so much of Trading Places.  Just release the information, for cryin' out loud. 

So Billy's girlfriend apparently pulled a few strings of her own.  She's becoming one of the boys now.  Of course, I don't really see how a guy even survives a 3" stick through his chest, much less is out of the ICU and talking to anyone who walks in the door.

Isn't there software out there that allows one to hack into a smartphone and remotely activate the microphone (so I've heard)?  But then, Jules would have had no reason to do Hap dirty.  Adjusted for inflation, even Judas got a better deal than she did.

Is it legal for the cops to record cell phone calls like that? It is different from a wire where one person knows they are recording.

So was Cody just planning on showing up at Jules's house and ask to stay there cause her husband may be a murderer? No advance notice or anything?

So was Cody just planning on showing up at Jules's house and ask to stay there cause her husband may be a murderer? No advance notice or anything?

Apparently, luckily for Jules's plot convenience.

They butchered Jules - from being the most successful business woman in town with fingers in all pots...to suicidal without a man?  Yuck.

And the "true love" love story is crap too with Billy's true colors showing - not that pushing the man off a cliff is wrong, imo, but lying about it sucks.

Glad it's almost over.

LOVED seeing Carla get beyotch slapped, too bad it won't last. And the dress was probably $10,000 lol.

• Love 3

Poor Jules. Could we refer to her as "Hapless"? I know Billy was in the wrong for letting Henchman #1 die, but I was SO hoping for the girlfriend to respond "Good. I'm glad he left you there." when he recounted his sob story, because she was the victim in all of it!

• Love 1
I'm going to agree with you in part.  I never thought it was bad, but it needed time and a little bit of reworking.  The part that I do agree with is that this episode delivered on the soapiness that I was looking for.  Loved Annie and Carla throwing shade.

I think what made it bad to me is that it was just so unfocused.  I felt like they spent far too long setting up plots.  Because of that, they didn't really grab an audience.  They wasted time on stupid plots that went no where and introduced so many characters that at times it felt like they were throwing plots and characters at the wall to see what stuck.

I think what made it bad to me is that it was just so unfocused.  I felt like they spent far too long setting up plots.  Because of that, they didn't really grab an audience.  They wasted time on stupid plots that went no where and introduced so many characters that at times it felt like they were throwing plots and characters at the wall to see what stuck.

Definitely, it needed to tighten its focus instead of wasting so much time on the couple and other pointless subplots.

I also feel like Billy's actor is not a good actor.  He doesn't show much range. Just "Wide-eyed-please-believe-me desperation" or "happy."

I also feel like Billy's actor is not a good actor.  He doesn't show much range. Just "Wide-eyed-please-believe-me desperation" or "happy."

Definitely, he's not lead material.  They should've just focused on the Briggs family.

• Love 1

Just wanted to mentioned that Cody is Billy's wife, not girlfriend. She must have felt conflicted when the sheriff asked her what Gary had said. She loves Billy, but did not want Billy to take revenge on Gary.

I continue to remain confused why Billy continues to lie to Cody and not tell her what he is doing and what he is up to; and lying about Gary.  And Billy didn't throw him down the cliff; Gary fell and rolled down and got himself stabbed through the chest? Stomach? with that branch, and how he continued to live, guess it's tv show magic, huh?

I did love Harlan telling Carla that if she tried to get one of his kids arrested, she would be ex-wife No. 2. No lie, that scene got me all hot; yes, yes even knowing what a manwhore Harlan is!

And Wick can just STFU about his widdle hurt feelings, as if he's always been a good guy, but just a screw up who was trying to do good. He's been a petulant, whiny asshole, who tried to kill his dad, tried to set up Gary as the only one who was involved in the rig fire, etc.  And I guess he's just not hearing it, and I wish Jules and Harlan had said it: That he met her first, waaaay before he even hooked up with her.

But yeah, what a way to turn an independent, strong woman, to a whiny, damselly girl because she got played.

I do wonder why Gary continued to protect Wick, though. I mean, he said Billy's name before his cardiac arrest, but not Wick's?

And lord, could they not find extras who actually know how to dance? I know it's shallow, but it was downright painful watching those women "dance" in the party scenes.

I was grinning and cheering when Carla's skinny ass was cuffed and taken through the front.  And how niiiice. She gets to wear her expensive dress and jewelry instead of prison gray or orange, as are the colors on television.