Type keyword(s) to search

S29.E11: The Strange Case of Kurt Sonnenfeld

jenkait
  • Start Topic

Well, I didn't think this case was "strange" at all.  How about "The Despicable Case of Kurt Sonnenfeld"?  The guy murders his wife and manages to turn himself into a sympathetic folk hero at the same time by bashing/lying about the US, his own country.  I wonder if they can charge him with treason as well, if (hopefully WHEN) the US gets him back for murder?  WHAT AN ASSHOLE!

Yeah, I dunno...  Where to begin?  It would appear that Kurt went to Argentina and started schmoozing HARD with the ladies, until he found one sucker to marry him...within 40 days!!  How is it NOT obvious he was trying to stay in Argentina?

That wife...wow.  I was sickened by the picture of the little girls holding the "don't assassinate our Daddy" sign...  How low can you go?  And then she had her kids at the table while she was talking with Erin Moriarty!  What was the point of that?  Even if you want to "honest" with your kids (her version of honestly, anyway) what's the point of having them present while you talk to a television host?  She called them "soldiers in this war"!  She seemed brainwashed.

Also, if Kurt had a drug problem, did he he just magically stop?  Wonder if wife #2 has seen any of that.

If only this case had ended like Friday's Dateline...with the loyal new lady figuring out her guy REALLY DID DO IT!!  I really hope she does figure it out someday.

Also, I was mad at Argentina for not sending him back because he might get the death penalty, even though apparently Colorado said they wouldn't.  I think Canada has done this before (sorry guys, ugh).

• Love 11

It felt like Argentina pretty much knew he was guilty but wanted to stick it to the US. I have a feeling his wife knows too but you know true love and all that. Blah! I'm just gonna wait for karma to kick this guy's ass. Feel sorry for his murdered wife's family and friends.

• Love 7

Applecrisp, this is my issue. While I feel there is enough blame to go all around with respect to the international angle, the real problem is that DAs are so obsessed with keeping up their conviction rating, they would rather forego a trial if they aren't assured a win. As a taxpayer I would much rather the expense of presenting the evidence to a jury of citizens and taking a reasoned chance than letting what happened occur. The evidence Erin Moriarty presented in twenty minutes was compelling and I don't understand the prosecutor and judge's decision-making process. But then again, I am in education and psychology not the legal field, so what do I know? 

Well, I do know one thing. He will never come back and face charges. I feel like the prosecutor in Denver dropped the ball on this one. It's a shame. You go to a New Year's Party hopeful for all of the joy and excitement a new year brings and you lose your life hours later. 

• Love 4

Why did the prosecutor drop the case i the first place?  I just don't get that.

Probably lack of evidence.  Sometimes its better to drop charges and reapply later when you've collected more evidence than to have double jeopardy apply.

• Love 2

He's definitely one of the biggest assholes they've featured on here. I hope his good looks were popular in the Argentinean prison the short time he was there. I think his current wife knows he's guilty but simply doesn't care. Both of them are souless. Poor girls.

• Love 7

Let me get this straight: He witnessed evidence-tampering at Ground Zero, so in order to eliminate him the U.S. government concocted a plot in which they convinced his wife to awkwardly shoot herself in the head (and she went along with it, because reasons) so the Denver police would hopefully think it wasn't suicide and charge him with murder? THAT'S his defense? Good grief.

I feel very sorry for his daughters. Glad Nancy's cousin isn't giving up the fight.

• Love 3