Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E07: Corrupted Memory

So, I only saw parts of this episode ... because life is short and this show is what it is ... and paying attention sort of makes me crazy  ... and I start to question why writers with so little knowledge about technology are able to make money writing about it  .. and if some of the actors have any idea what they talking about ... 

Case in point : The big tech nerd tells the smaller tech nerd that he can tell that the unknown calls that smaller tech nerd is ignoring are coming from the same caller ... because he (big tech) can 'hear' that the ring tones are the same each time ... because he has the 'gift'. And it doesn't seem as if he was trying to make a joke. 

And it was confusing trying to tell who was in Miami and who was in DC. It seemed as if the team members were interacting with one another, but then scenes would shift to Miami as if people were using a teleportation device.

Edited by shrewd.buddha

I think he was having him on.

I fell asleep right at the end! Who WAS the killer and why?

I was a bit relieved it wasn't the weird neighbor boy because I saw that theory coming.

But man, even a casual end-user like me knows that they seemed to know nothing about technology.

I fell asleep right at the end! Who WAS the killer and why?

I was her boss (I think), but I don't think they gave a reason, unless there was dialogue earlier explaining that they had had a relationship or he wanted one and she didn't or something like that.  I was trying to figure out who the other guy was who shot the killer, and then realized that it was her dad who had come to pick up her office stuff.

I'm kind of sad that it wasn't sex toys that will kill you and everyone you love

I'm curious as to how many takes it took to film the scene with all of them discussing the whole 'cybersex three-way' before they could say the lines without cracking up (especially with that Faraday bag moving around on the table in front of them).

Edited by BooksRule
  • Love 1

The killer was her boss, Neil, who she moved to Tampa for the job with and was the family friend. He was making moves on her she didn't like and was going to go to the police because she thought he was overly affectionate (for sexual assault). Tristan went to kill Neil, but the mom and dad was in the office at the same time retrieving her things. Avery talked Tristan out of shooting Neil and he put the gun down on the desk. As Mundo was arresting Tristan, the dad picked up the gun and killed Neil.

My husband works in IT and will occasionally watch parts of the show with me. He says it's all theoretically possible (like .000001%), but the way they present everything and the phrasing they use makes it unbelievable.

I thought the commercials they showed leading up to this episode implied it was going to be a sex addiction/sex play episode. I honestly thought they had switched episodes for some reason until the sex toy scene played. Way to disappoint.

Edited by Saylii

Bosses who inexplicably have Marfans syndrome, no less.  Because with Garcia from Criminal Minds-like powers, one can search "FriendAgenda" (or whatever they call it) and quickly identify people from their bracelets and their moms belonging to disease support groups.

I multi-task during this show and this show is really stupid, so I often can't tell if I was just spacing out or if things really didn't make sense. So the creep who put malware in the sex toy was just a random creep who liked to insert himself in other people's internet sex lives, am I getting that right?  As opposed to the weird neighbor who was spying through whatever name they made up for Skype?  Although apparently the boss was also spying, unless the victim actually told the boss she was going to the police via fake-Skype, which, then, why would she delete it?  And the dad shooting the creepy boss was soooo not obviously going to happen.

Holy moly, Avery's voice when she was trying to talk down the weird neighbor was so strange and unconvincing.  So thanks for that, Oscar winner Patricia Arquette.

Bow Wow's family problems are almost as interesting as his relationship with Raven.  Or his high-fiving antics with Krummy. 

Bow Wow's family problems are almost as interesting as his relationship with Raven.  Or his high-fiving antics with Krummy.

Unless I was reading the screen wrong, it looked like he used Krummy's login to access the information on his brother's case (the e-mail/login had the word 'krumm'--or something like that--in it).  Now, that's not's going to come back to bite him, no sir, no way!  (yeah, right!)

Edited by BooksRule
Unless I was reading the screen wrong, it looked like he used Krummy's login to access the information on his brother's case (the e-mail/login had the word 'krumm'--or something like that--in it).  Now, that's not's going to come back to bite him, no sir, no way!  (yeah, right!)

Yes, using your coworker's login to check out your own brother's FBI file when you work for cyber crimes couldn't possibly backfire.  That's why Avery's team is considered the best and brightest!  Except all the "minions" (really, Krummy?), who apparently are reserved for doing internet searches and standing around clapping and cheering.

• Love 1

I multi-task during this show and this show is really stupid, so I often can't tell if I was just spacing out or if things really didn't make sense. So the creep who put malware in the sex toy was just a random creep who liked to insert himself in other people's internet sex lives, am I getting that right? As opposed to the weird neighbor who was spying through whatever name they made up for Skype? Although apparently the boss was also spying, unless the victim actually told the boss she was going to the police via fake-Skype, which, then, why would she delete it? And the dad shooting the creepy boss was soooo not obviously going to happen.

Sex toy creep was a random creepo.

Weird neighbor was afraid of the outdoors because he relied to much on the computer screen? I distinctly remember Avery saying he WAS NOT agoraphobic. But he was technically a random creepo.

The boss wasn't spying on her. The video was some sort of videojournal that had no affiliation with fake-Skype. She deleted it because she decided not to go to the police. But she had already told Neil that she was going to the police, so she had to be killed, obvi.

Tristan knew Neil had killed her because he recognized Neil coming out of her apartment and was spying on the deadly video chat.

That was just a terribly written episode.  Where to start ?

How long did they leave the body in that apartment in Tampa ?  It would have taken hours for the Cyber Team to get to Tampa.  Did the police just stand by the door and wait until Cyber Team showed up ?

WeDial -- Skype by any other name, apparently they were unable to land Microsoft as a sponsor.

From the amount of time spent with Tristan at the start of the episode, you just knew he was being lined up as a decoy suspect, but of course the killer was someone randomly mentioned once, maybe twice, and who had about 30 seconds of screen time before the reveal.

Seriously -- 'malware' is the cyber-definition of the week.  This is getting weak, what's next week's cyber-definition going to be -- pop-up ads ?

Oh nooesss .... my situation-specific amnesia is preventing me from remembering the killer's face.  Is that even a thing ?

Really ?  Raven is checking the USB enabled electric toothbrush for malware -- Really ?  FFS !!  But we must check all the devices.

Teledildonics -- your wifi-enabled dildo will kill you and everyone you love.   Bzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz.

Why did the Cyber Team just assume some device infected the victim's laptop ?  Most malware is spread by browsing web sites, but they never even bothered to check her browsing history.  That's some weak tea.

Lil' Bow Wow family issues -- nobody cares.  Just like no one cares about Mundo's personal issues, or Avery's personal issues, or Krummie's personal issues.

What was really bizarrer was how they were able to remotely control all the monitors in that office. How about ... ummmm ... no ?

I think the cyber team travels by wifi.  It's really the only explanation.

Seriously -- 'malware' is the cyber-definition of the week.  This is getting weak, what's next week's cyber-definition going to be -- pop-up ads ?

I had forgotten about this.  Maybe my mind blocked it as too stupid to have existed.  Was this episode supposed to have run earlier?  Haven't they mentioned malware about 952 times previous to the "helpful" explanation?

Really ?  Raven is checking the USB enabled electric toothbrush for malware -- Really ?  FFS !!  But we must check all the devices.

Is there even such a thing as a USB toothbrush?  Does it chart how long you brush your teeth or something?  Eagerly awaiting the episode where your toothbrush will kill you and everyone you love.

What was really bizarrer was how they were able to remotely control all the monitors in that office. How about ... ummmm ... no ?

They don't have time to hack into the elevator controls or use bolt-cutters on the stairs, but they do have time to hack into every single monitor in bad boss' office.  Yeah.

I guess Mundo learned his lesson from his five minute time out and bringing his dad chicken soup.  Awesome.

• Love 2

Wow, that episode was all over the place. It's like they had a list of random story element ideas and in desperation decided to throw them all into one ep like some sort of ill advised red herring jambalaya. There were some interesting ideas that unfortunately were not well served in an overstuffed episode.

• Love 1

the whole idea of someone murdering to avoid a he said/she said lawsuit is so ludicrous.

As if people who are upset just become people who can stab someone to death. You know... no.

And CSI keeps up its habit of disgusting nightmare-induced openings. There was literally no reason to make us watch the happy family moment and blood spatter.

This is why I stopped watching Criminal Minds-- i like the whole whodunnit thing but getting in the mind of the victim is so horrible I can't recover. Won't be watching thsi show again. I had had a pleasant surprise with "Madam Secretary " and was hoping for another. But nope.

I was inches away from turning off my TV when I heard the line "Go for Krummie".

It's like the writers are trying to shoehorn as many stupid youth-centric memes as possible into the show. Message to the writers: Cut. It. Out.

I was barely paying attention and thought creepy neighbour killed her, but thought it was Boss, so he went to kill Boss and accuse him and the dad accidentally killed an innocent guy because he believed creepy neighbour.

I know that didn't happen because Avery told him he was also facing charges, but it just shows you how little this show makes sense to me as I'm making up my own plot while watching lol.