Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E07: T Minus...

I thought this episode was better than last week - well, except for poor Dave.  He just can't catch a break. Lots of drama, not quite so many laughs, but that is probably intentional, as the  end draws near. 

I'm confused about the timing of Hawkwind/Layla's relationships with Ariel and Jamie.  She was with Ariel first, then Jamie?  And she left Ariel when she found out she was pregnant?  How did Frankie know that Jamie was her dad?  She knew he wasn't Ariel.

• Love 1

I'm loving this mini-show. Too bad it's not a 23-episode season. 10 episodes is very short. 

I really like the Jude/Celine chemistry. They're so sweet. Rob Lowe is great at these sorts of roles.

Poor Rhonda. Couldn't catch a break. Just as she finally gets a glimpse of her husband, she's snatched away. gah.

Awww poor Jamie! The whole Layla thing had been another way for Ariel to screw with him... Poor Frankie, poor Dave, oy!

Oh! Rhonda and Spike getting to say goodbye to Rajesh was so heartbreaking. and satisfying though.

The world is really coming to an end, eh?

• Love 2

I don't know, the plot is so committed to divine intervention, having the priest and the nun hook-up because when it's all said and done, there's only this life and it's all about the sex, seems false to the core. 

Scotty's agonies were gripping I thought. But maybe weepy guys are a turn off for some? It just seemed like he had something to be upset about. 

• Love 1

Scotty's agonies were gripping I thought. But maybe weepy guys are a turn off for some? It just seemed like he had something to be upset about. 

That really worked for me.  It's like the writers used Scotty's breakdown as a stand-in for the rest of the world.  I like that he feels things so strongly, lets it all hang out. 

What I don't get is why the military can't just tell that detective to go pound sand, leave Rhonda alone, let her be with Rajesh.  The world is ending.  Life does NOT go on. 

• Love 3

I really like the show, also.

I was not happy about the Celine-Jude hook up, and regarded it as a made for TV type thing, where the only true devotion is the sexual one, but I also realize that people do stupid stuff when they think they are on the eve of the Apocalypse.

I like Scotty. I don't quite know why he's with such a cold fish partner, but at the same time I also get that in a crisis you do need people who don't fall apart, so that makes a little sense, also.

One thing I find very interesting is that Dave, who looked like the sort of annoying manboy I usually can't tolerate, turns out to be actually an amazingly good friend and fairly serious person despite his fooling around. It's odd that he doesn't seem to have any life of his own outside being sidekick to Jamie, but still-- he's cool and I really couldn't stand him at first.

• Love 4

How did Frankie know that Jamie was her dad?  She knew he wasn't Ariel.

I didn't get that part either but I guess she's supposed to be the 2nd Coming or whatever so, you know, magic. I also didn't like the way everyone just let her beat the crap out of Dave like it was funny. 

It seems a little odd they would still be having trials and trying to enforce the law when the world is ending but maybe they're hoping the missile thing works.

One thing I find very interesting is that Dave, who looked like the sort of annoying manboy I usually can't tolerate, turns out to be actually an amazingly good friend and fairly serious person despite his fooling around. It's odd that he doesn't seem to have any life of his own outside being sidekick to Jamie, but still-- he's cool and I really couldn't stand him at first.

Agreed! At first I was like "Ugh - the Zach Galifianakis character" but Dave has quickly become one of my favorites. 

• Love 4

I've been hoping Jamie would ask Dave how he could help him get ready for the end. 

And yes, the Dave beating made me dislike Frankie even more. (She's just been supernatural and that's not a character to like or dislike, I think.)

• Love 2

What I don't get is why the military can't just tell that detective to go pound sand, leave Rhonda alone, let her be with Rajesh.  The world is ending.  Life does NOT go on. 

The cop is the weakest link. Her characterization just doesn't make any sense. Why is she so obsessed with one escaped prisoner? When she told Scotty that he shouldn't sacrifice the rest of the world for his sister, I so wanted him to reply "And you shouldn't sacrifice the rest of the world for the glory of capturing one prisoner." And okay, maybe she's dealing with the apocalypse by being obsessed with this one escaped prisoner, but how does she have any support? I was actually expecting the prison guard to knock her out from behind while she was taunting Scotty so that he could release Scotty because he realized that keeping the one person who could save us locked up was stupid.

• Love 4

Yeah, I dont get the big deal of capturing this innocuous looking lady when the world is ending in a few weeks anyway. all she did was hack into a computer. she's not a vicious terrorist. It's bizarre.

• Love 1