Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E07: The Promise In The Palace

WendyCR72

The team investigates the murder of an escape artist whose body is found in the woods. They discover that the victim worked at the Magic Palace, and had some secret activities in the works that might have made him enemies in the magic community. Meanwhile, Brennan and Booth poll their friends as to whether or not the tooth fairy should visit Christine, and Angela continues to work with Sebastian Kohl on her photography.

Yes they did.  Bones left a dollar under Christine's pillow.

Pretty much the only redeeming thing in this episode was that the famous photographer was interested in Cam, not Angela.

Edited by Trey
  • Love 2

I was surprised they thought the only two options with the Tooth Fairy were: lie to the kid, or just don't do it. My parents told me the Tooth Fairy wasn't real, but it was a fun thing to do anyway, like a game. That way you can still have the tradition without the BS.

• Love 2

I just couldn't with that plotline. Cam the self-made hard-nosed expert/executive from the Bronx becoming the little woman for a jumped-up self-righteous intern with wet yolk behind his ears and throwing her ethics and her autonomy out the window gave me hives. Just one more parting gift from the showrunners who sucked the life out of this show in the service of turning it into the home of the broadcast infomercial. Another woman who knows her place.

I think the least they owe the actress is a bit of high-status reparative arm jewelry. Next up: Daisy gets a love interest who doesn't treat her like garbage because he mistakenly thinks he's less socially embarassing than she is.

Edited by Julia

Did I miss something? I only remember the Cam and the photographer plot. The interaction between them seemed kind of sweet. The grinning like fools reminded me of back in the day when Mr Starling asked me out the first time.

I love my Prius, but man, that product placement irritated me to no end - and would, in fact, do the opposite of enticing me. If I didn't already have one.

Otherwise, it was kind of meh. They didn't give the victim enough of a background for me to care whether or not they solved it. 

Edited by clanstarling
  • Love 2
I love my Prius, but man, that product placement irritated me to no end - and would, in fact, do the opposite of enticing me. If I didn't already have one.

What amused me about that product placement is that I don't remember them mentioning the make/model of the car. She was just going on about how technologically advanced it was but I never heard them identify it as a Prius. 

• Love 1

What amused me about that product placement is that I don't remember them mentioning the make/model of the car. She was just going on about how technologically advanced it was but I never heard them identify it as a Prius. 

That's true, I'd forgotten about that.  I wasn't sure what it was until there was a shot from the rear, and then I recognized it only because I have one. So...subtle in visual, but blunt force in dialogue. That does seem to have defeated the purpose.

• Love 1

Just watched this episode and I gotta say, "do your freakin' homework." Glover Park, a neighborhood in DC, is not a rough area. It is a perfectly lovely, mostly residential, area north of Georgetown, near the University, and an area I feel safe walking in at night. The Vice Pres. of the US's residence is in Glover Park. The National Cathedral is right there, can't miss it. I don't live in GP, but have friends that do and I use the ATM up there all the time. The biggest danger is drunken Univ students or trying to cross Wisconsin Ave without a light. Sheesh. I bet they got plenty of letters for that screw up.

And truffle oil? Doesn't usually have truffles, it's mostly chemicals! https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Truffle_oil

This show really needs to retire!