Type keyword(s) to search

Babe-raham Lincoln: He's a series regular now

• Start Topic

I like him. He's like a human spark plug. (I think I'll call him "Sparky".) What a pity, however, that they're setting him up for Daisy Romance. Having an outsider inhuman with a fair amount of experience being an inhuman could be quite interesting in this new post fish oil world.

• Love 1

I have nothing against Lincoln, but I think the show barely has enough for all of the current cast to do, I don't think they really need to bring in another one,

Definitely agreed. And of what we've seen, I would argue that it's just not that interesting. How many times has he already angsted out, run away, and then been drawn back because of his love for Daisy? They need to give him something else to do because that plot is getting really old.

• Love 2

Just had to give some love for the thread name. The flashback to Wayne's World is a welcome one!

The most interesting scene he's had so far was when he met up with his old AA sponsor. It was pretty obvious but still heartbreaking how that went down.

Point taken, but when Daisy makes a point of needling him about how much older he is than he looks? It does make wonder, just a bit, if the romance won't actually be as straightforward as all that.

Luke was a big reason why I decided to catch up with the show, but turns out his character is bland and uninteresting. Cool powers, but mostly yawn.

He'd be more tolerable as a love interest if he had chemistry with Skye/Daisy, but their scenes fall flat and feel forced. I feel like I'm watching one of the many cringe worthy YA supernatural  romances that sprang up after Twilight's success.

With Daisy getting a push as one of the important leaders of the new SHIELD the show has every incentive to avoid any personal relationship with any of her Secret Warrior troopers.

With Daisy getting a push as one of the important leaders of the new SHIELD the show has every incentive to avoid any personal relationship with any of her Secret Warrior troopers.

Agreed. Even super secret agencies have sexual harassment guidelines. Bobbi & Hunter are apparently peers. Coulson may treat Bobbi better - i.e. not choking and publicly berating her in the office for failing to kill Ward- but Coulson knows that boss - subordinate hookups compromise objectivity.

I really liked Luke in the Tomorrow People - the ONLY good thing about that show.  So I was anxious to see what he would do on AOS.  I am hoping that they broaden his role because he is only one of a very small list of inhumans.  So I think the character is needed.  It can't just be Daisy as the person with superpowers.  So in that regard, I think Lincoln is needed, but in order to make his character more interesting, they writers do need to devote some time to developing him as a character.  So I'm hoping to see more of Lincoln - and I mean of Lincoln - not how Lincoln is paired with Daisy.  I'm not against that relationship, but I would rather learn about the character first before he is paired up with her.

I think Lincoln has a lot of potential, and I hope the writers utilize the character better.  

• Love 4

The problem with Linc is that he's being described first and foremost as a love interest. Nothing more, nothing less. Daisy had to have someone to cuddle and Ward was out of the question (thank god!), so Linc was introduced.

But the whole affair was not organic (as with FitzSimmons) and I still fail to see the chemistry.

I do appreciate Linc with May and their little scenes. I like Linc. But I fear he's the one to bite it in 3b, to further change Daisy into Quake. Heroes need to have their losses...

^ No no no, Joey is the most likely to be killed off. He's had the least character development, the least interaction with core characters., the least action in the field. He's not even a regular and I haven't seen him on any of the promo art. The actor who plays him also hasen't been involved in any major AoS events like comic con or interviews about AoS. If anyones biting it, in terms of the Inhumans Joey is definately first up to go. 

Skye and Linc having no chemistry has more to do with the writers in this series and Chloe Bennet's inability to act. I mean did you see her emotional scene with Jaiying? It was cringe worthy to say the least. All of Skye's romances and emotional scenes have felt lifeless and forced specifically because she can't act outside of being a snarky sarcastic chick. Even with Ward there was barely any chemistry. Ward became a better character after he went sociopath. Skye only hindered Ward's character, hopefully she doesn't do the same with Lincoln.

Edited by Kisslovie

Luke Mitchell will be appearing on Blindspot this fall (his IMDB page lists him as Roman/Operative in episodes 2.1 and 2.2 so far)...

BLINDSPOT (NBC)
When to Watch:
Wednesday, Sept. 14 at 10 p.m.
What to Expect: A certain Emmy winner and her boots make a splashy debut. Yes, Archie Panjabi of The Good Wife will recur as the head of a secret division in the NSA that has been watching Jane (Jaimie Alexander) from afar. Michelle Hurd and Luke Mitchell will also appear in the new season with the first episode of season two helmed and written by show runner Martin Gero. Rich Dotcom will return in episode seven and possibly more, Gero told press at TCA. Oh yeah, we'll also find Jane's real first name, what Orion is, who Shepherd is and who Jane really is. "If the first season was about who is Jane Doe, we want to answer those questions so we can move into what the second season is about, which I can't really tell you because it is a spoiler if I say what the theme is," Gero teased.

http://www.eonline.com/photos/19301/2016-fall-tv-spoiler-rama/714582

Edited by tv echo