Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E05: Right in the Nuts

Jamie makes a discovery that leaves him feeling completely betrayed, while Ariel sends Scotty a worrying video message. Rhonda realises she can't trust anyone when she comes face to face with Leanne's husband and the sexual tension builds between Sr Celine and Fr Jude.

So, is that it for Megan Mullally? I won't miss the accent she was doing at least.

I thought she has been in the bunker in the opening scene? But

IMDB shows MM doing 7 episodes, so not sure if she makes it to the end.

Did anything really happen in this one?  We got more backstory for the characters and they were moved around a bit.  A little disappointing after some of the earlier episodes. 

I thought a lot happened. Jamie figured out why his mother left him in the parking lot and discovers that his wife was lying to him. Spike was rescued from Ariel/Whitehorse. We checked out another messiah claim and learned more about Celine's backstory. Rhonda and Leanne parted ways. I am ignoring the obvious attempt to sell chemistry between Celine and Jude.

• Love 2

I'm really enjoying this mini-serial. the US needs to do more such arcs. It's like watching a movie in 10 parts.

so Jamie is the Messiah? That explains why he's in the bunker. I'm curious about the Layla angle though, how was she in 2 places at one time? And is that why Jamie's daughter also had some messiah-itis?

I'm amazed that Dave is the voice of reason in all of this. What a mensch.

They escaped just in time from Ariel's rigged house. incredible.

I'm still curious/confused who those 2 behind-the-scenes people are, who the batty old lady with the oxygen mask was, and why she has that listing of unrelated people, and what their endgame is.

As much as I disliked Leann, I almost teared up when she and Rhonda parted way. Deep down, she was still a good person, I guess.

This is a great story and very well written/acted.

WHOA! WHERE DID ARIEL GO?

• Love 4

I'm not sure why Jamie seems to be giving up on the Layla mystery. If anything it just got deeper. And as Dave pointed out maybe she has a twin sister too. That was actually my first thought. Was she supposed to have been involved with Ariel before she married Jamie? The whole thing just got even more confusing.

If Ariel was going to rig up a "self destruct" on his entire apartment for anyone who tried to hack into his laptop why would he warn them with a long count-down? It obviously wasn't enough to just destroy the laptop itself, clearly he wanted to destroy whoever had broken in. So why the warning and chance to escape?

• Love 1

I suppose we now have our first anti-Christ: Jamie has openly claimed to be the Son of God. Oh, wait, does "OPERATION SAVIOR" count as an anti-Christ?

The show said it, out of seven billion people White Horse kidnaps Spike? None of this will make any logical sense, we can only hope for genuine insights to hopes and fears, and a decent human sympathy for them.

Edited by sjohnson

Ariel kidnapped Spike to use as leverage to get into the bunker, which his uncle Scotty was heading. (Not sure how Ariel knew Spike is Scotty's newphew)

I'm pretty sure that Ariel kidnapped Spike after finding out he was the one who hacked the NSA, so that Spike could get the NSA's facial recognition software...which he wanted to use to find Layla. His henchman suggested that they look around NSA files while they had access. This finally convinced Ariel that the comet was real, not a hoax. He then used the NSA hack to investigate escape routes, which led to Scotty. Which led to the henchman making the "out of seven billion" people remark. He added he was re-thinking his atheism.

But I'm pretty sure that Scotty and Gaines don't intend to go to the shelter themselves. I think they're lying to the President about him going to it to, and they plan to block his escape in favor of a crew they picked instead. 

Edited by sjohnson
  • Love 2