Type keyword(s) to search

S07.E06: Unspoken

• Start Topic

Crivens, Kelda, you're absolutely right about that accent. It was so bad, it actually rivalled Callen's accent in Russian. Or possibly even Hetty's accent that time she supposedly spoke Welsh (it could have been Sanskrit, it was so terrible).

I keep saying it. This show badly needs a dialogue coach. If they're going to make the actors speak random languages and do all sorts of accents, they need to help them to not sound ridiculous. It's not fair, because you can see that they're all trying their best. But they just mostly suck at it, which is completely understandable, because who wouldn't? They're not treating their actors right.

Edited by Lebanna
  • Love 1

I wasn't really invested in the main story, as it would have more impact if we'd ever heard of the guy before. That the notion of Sam cheating on Michelle wasn't absolutely ludicrous. 

I did about die laughing at the opening scene in the office. Wow, do Kensi and Deeks have no discretion at all do they? 

I thought for sure that Deeks was under the hood and took that punch, not Callen.

Edited by anna0852

I wasn't really invested in the main story, as it would have more impact if we'd ever heard of the guy before. That the notion of Sam cheating on Michelle wasn't absolutely ludicrous. 

Agreed. Altho I admit they had me guessing as to whether or not he had relapsed.

Listen, I love this show and all of its ridiculousness. Which includes ludicrous plotlines and outrageous gun battles and all of the pretty. But I am growing weary of Sam and Callen (actually - mostly Sam) treating Kensi and Deeks like the B team. They earned their spots on the team. They are just as proficient as you. I get that they needed to get Deeks into an "agent" mindset instead of detective when he first joined, but he has more than earned his place there.

Also (see above), i just laugh and laugh that any agency would knowingly allow two agents involved in a relationship to be partners. Bad enough that they are in the same unit, but partners?? esp since now we know Granger and Hetty have acknowledged it.

• Love 2

That was the most atrocious accent from Sam, excruciating to listen to.

I could not agree more.  Also, I couldn't help but laugh out loud that the episode title was "Unspoken", as in 'some things, like anything out of Sam's mouth in that ridiculous accent, are better left.......Unspoken'!

• Love 3

What I would like to see for a change: Someone from Callen's past shows up, someone in trouble and with dubious loyalties yet Callen feels honor-bound to stick with him despite the team's doubts. And in the next episode Sam will have to deal with some dark family secrets/missing parents and go on a wild goose-chase with the team hot on his trails.

• Love 2

Agreed. Altho I admit they had me guessing as to whether or not he had relapsed.

Listen, I love this show and all of its ridiculousness. Which includes ludicrous plotlines and outrageous gun battles and all of the pretty. But I am growing weary of Sam and Callen (actually - mostly Sam) treating Kensi and Deeks like the B team. They earned their spots on the team. They are just as proficient as you. I get that they needed to get Deeks into an "agent" mindset instead of detective when he first joined, but he has more than earned his place there.

Also (see above), i just laugh and laugh that any agency would knowingly allow two agents involved in a relationship to be partners. Bad enough that they are in the same unit, but partners?? esp since now we know Granger and Hetty have acknowledged it.

Thank you!  I agree 100%. Everybody here is a competent and talent member of the team. The only sort of rank I want to see is that Callen is the team leader, with Hetty and Granger over him. And I'd like Callen/Sam/et al to stop bossing Eric and Nell around. Unless Nell in in the field as an agent, they report to Hetty not Callen.

I think the real NCIS and possibly the FBI does actually allow relationships between agents, so long as one doesn't outrank or supervise the other. It probably helps that Deeks is still technically LAPD. 

• Love 5

I think the real NCIS and possibly the FBI does actually allow relationships between agents, so long as one doesn't outrank or supervise the other. It probably helps that Deeks is still technically LAPD. 

Agreed - I am just thinking about them being partners in the field. The rule of thumb I think is you can't be in a relationship and be partners because if it came down to you or the criminal (or the baby or the 98 year old woman), the worry is the partner would choose you. 

• Love 1