Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E04: The Red Crone

The Cyber team investigates a child abduction case based on the “Red Crone,” an online myth where an abductor lures children through an app on their phones. Also, Elijah’s aggressive behavior at work causes Avery to bench him, and romance is in the air for D.B.

The Cyber team investigates a child abduction case based on the “Red Crone,” an online myth where an abductor lures children through an app on their phones. Also, Elijah’s aggressive behavior at work causes Avery to bench him, and romance is in the air for D.B.

So basically a variation on Slenderman as the case of the week.  I predict at some point that Krummie will high five Lil Bow Wow as they crack the case.

Mundo is going off the deep endo -- by 'aggressive behavior' is he just being a bully at work or is he kicking the crap out of his co-workers like he did to the protesters last episode ?  Is this all because of problems with his marriage or stress from his sick father (neither of which any viewers care about).

And Dolla Bill gets his groove back.

• Love 1

Letting your kids have cell phones and/or visit Reddit will kill you and everyone you know!  Or have pedophiles lure your kids to abandoned theaters?  

At least Avery finally is doing something about Mundo's rampant aggression issues.  Better late than never, I guess.

Sooo not excited for what seems like the inevitable Davery.  Or whatever ridiculous portmanteau they devise.  Sooo not interested in "Bravery" or Krummy/anybody or any of Mundo's plethora of personal issues.  But hey, good thing DB brought his magic blood age detection giant camera lens with him on a long hike through a graveyard and the woods.

Edited by iscoffy
  • Love 2

OK, I understand that ALL kids nowadays have their cell phones and tables and etc...

But how in the name of Uncle Ned do a couple of elementary school boys understand HOW to use that hidden app...and how do they recognize the obscure landmarks with their kid-limited knowledge of the city and the cemeteries, etc...and HOW do they navigate all over town with no car, no bicycle and no money?????????????

Understanding the Cyber-magic of Krummie and Avery's other minions was easy compared to deciphering those little kids' abilities to follow obscure clues.

• Love 1

I got the impression that the boys only really needed to figure out the first clue and that the crumbs were on the website. The rest of the clues had the compass leading them. They did say the boys had an eight hour head start, so I guess they walked.

I thought the third boy was a weird red herring. It's obvious he only planned for the two brothers with their personalized nightgowns. The whole thing was ridiculous.

You know, I thought DB was an interesting character on CSI. He seemed competent and professional, he didn't seem to get inappropriately close to his employees outside of the failed Finn storyline, but he's just smarmy here.

This is the second time this year I've seen that actor, Fred Koehler (who played Chip on Kate and Allie way back in the day), play some sort of pedophile/child abductor.  He did that on Backstrom too.  

Mundo suddenly going all gung-ho and beating the crap out of the perp -- with the final punch in slo-mo, no less -- just came out of nowhere.  Mundo just opened up the dept. to a multi-million dollar police brutality lawsuit and the perp will likely walk to boot.  Well done Elijah !!

• Love 1

Mundo suddenly going all gung-ho and beating the crap out of the perp -- with the final punch in slo-mo, no less -- just came out of nowhere.  Mundo just opened up the dept. to a multi-million dollar police brutality lawsuit and the perp will likely walk to boot.  Well done Elijah !!

As a franchise CSI has never been shy about having a lead go bad or get killed  and plugging another actor in.

• Love 1

Ted Danson(?) doesn't seem to be taking this show very seriously but that's fine, I'm not either.  PA has lost whatever charisma she had in Medium and her "charm" falls flat here. Still, this show entertains me for an hour and to give a slight amount of credit where it's due, Der Beek's last scene with his Dad wasn't totally abysmal.

I thought this one was closer to good than any other episode of this series so far, but it didn't quite make it. The appeal of the original CSI was that it combined the fancy scientific detective work with increasingly intense and strange stories involving the weirdness of the criminals. The third element, the quirkiness of the CSIs themselves, emerged gradually over the years, so that they earned our interest and liking legitimately. This episode had an interesting criminal-- the non-contact or virgin pedophile, who decided to lose his virginity but was conflicted about it, crying and slapping his own face in the mirror. But then, when they tracked him down, we don't get the emotional last scene where our guys interview the criminal and make clear they've got him, and he tries to justify himself and reveals his soul; just the much less interesting scene of our guy beating him up. This means we never find out why, when we last saw him closing in on the two scared boys in the nightgowns, when he's found he's in another room and they say nothing happened. Did he change his mind? Did they do something to save themselves? Did he just postpone his evil intent for a while? That sort of move to the edge of the abyss (and back, sometimes) is what I, for one, want from the denouement of CSI shows. The writers are assuming we are more interested in the, so far, rather shallow and routine dramas of the cyber-CSIs, whom we don't know or care about enough yet.

Also, D.B. coming onto the show makes it a tiny bit better in that it means there's more detection out in the physical world, not just our people sitting at their computers doing magic. But I don't want him dating! Make it up with your wife and so-far-only love and get her to move to D.C. (offscreen)! I want somebody on TV to be faithful to True Love outside "Once Upon a Time"!

• Love 1

It was mostly the same silly stuff .... cyber magic, PA's grating voice, and the normal CSI level's of moral superiority. 

But when Mundo found out the perp was in court and was racing over with a team of swat agents, shoving people out of the way  ... only to enter an empty courtroom ... it revived one of my pet peeves with these shows : "Why can't you just call ahead, dammit??!!"  Are crimes just not worth stopping if the main characters can't be there in person? (In person and wearing the least amount of protective gear ... cause we've got to see those faces and no one wants helmet hair.) 

• Love 2

Mundo's kid confuses me. She's ten now, she still seems to have visible dark roots in her blonde hair, which I don't really have a problem with, but he still tells her 'Hansel and Gretel' before bed? I mean, I remember that ten was a weird transitional age, but still. At least read her a real book or something, dude.

I... think that if they aren't getting D.B. back together with his wife (why did they have to break them up? It's so stupid, they were awesome. *rant*) I'd actually rather he end up with Avery. I don't have an issue with her. She seems like a caring, stressy person who could do with some chilled stability in her life and D.B.'s ex was more of a freaker-outer as well. So he seems to like to feel like the cool one. Avery is way better than Finn, at any rate, and if CSI: Mothership had been back this year, they were clearly going there with those two. So I think I'm ok with it. And Danson and Arquette can both be very cute. Come at me, people.

I agree, Lebanna, Danson seems to have chemistry with everyone he works with, and he seems to with PA. I had to look her up on IMDB, and I didn't realize she is about 47, which is 20 years younger than he is. Oh well. Again with the older male, younger female.

• Love 1

Yeah, that pisses me off too. I wish they'd be more age appropriate. I was saying the same thing about NCIS:NO last week. But at least in this case it's PA's show, which softens the blow a little bit.

As a franchise CSI has never been shy about having a lead go bad or get killed  and plugging another actor in.

Oh dear God I hope they do this with Dawson and chuck him and get someone else who can pull it off as an action hero cop character. Dawson is just laughably bad.

• Love 1