Type keyword(s) to search

S01.E06: The Norseman

Knew I'd like the niece, outside her dabbling in shoplifting.  Glad Alex wasn't about trying to be The Cool Uncle. He was one and let Mom know what was up, asap.

I think  Zoe (?) might be put off tattoos for a bit, at any rate. *g* I might.

Cass is sloppy if she's getting photographed. Even with the RF scramble, she lives in TV-World where even she can clear up a digital photo real good.

Interesting that FBI lady agent has protection higher up the food chain. Richard Roundtree was looking good.

Glad Cal was given props as a good detective. He is, but he's butting heads with Our Leads, so he's got Hamilton Burger Syndrome. (Still, Burger won against Perry Mason at least once!)

I missed why Cass could not track The Norseman after he nabbed the niece. Was it because he was super old-school/ low tech and Cass couldn't get a bead on him on the traffic cams? BSRTS (Because She Read The Script)?

I liked that we learned that Mr. Johnson was "enjoyed" as a Player; it adds a potential layer of mystery and potential empathy for Alex's situation.

The husband and I are tired of the targets/victims being related/a security client/friend/ old military friend of Alex's. Would Alex work less urgently to save a 15 year old girl he doesn't know from a sand dune? I think not, but apparently TPTB think that's the only way to make us care- because Alex cares.  Alex cares about Ginny, yet I'm slowly getting weary of the dribs and drabs of practically nothing being dangled like they're carrots and 14K gold carrots too.  The Leverage crew usually didn't have a personal connection with the people who hired them, yet they empathized and then ruthlessly took down the bigwigs of the week. I don't see why more bets aren't of that kind of nature, as it seems more likely. 

I was disappointed with the climactic fight this week because, well, to me, we really have one. Johnson was clearly more experienced as a fighter and was able to deal with the Norseman just fine.  Is there a lack of ambition on the stunt side of production?  I would think  Mr. Snipes might be up for  helping to choreograph. Maybe that is the situation? *g*

I still like this show, overall.

Oh! I hope we see McDowell again.

Richard Roundtree!  It's always great seeing him.  It sounded liked his character was being set-up for more, so that is another reason why I'm sad this show is already over half-way done.

The Norseman was your basic psycho, religious, crazed nutbar, but I guess having Alex's niece getting kidnapped, then give it some kind of suspense, even though I was pretty sure they weren't going to kill her off.  I can't see this show ever going that dark, especially it's confirmed that even Ginny isn't dead.  I did enjoy the actress and the way she and Philip Winchester played off one another.

Cal now knows that Alex is working for some kind of secret organization at least, so maybe he'll quit harping on him all the time.  That said, I found the scene in the bathroom so unbelievable, because of how long those dryers were running.  Any time I've ever used one of those damn things, those bastards automatically cut off, as soon as you move your hand away.  It didn't look like they had their hands underneath it, so I don't know where they got those models from!

Not enough Cassie in this one.  If we're only getting nine, I want as much Charity Wakefield as possible, dammit!

• Love 1

It sounded liked his character was being set-up for more, so that is another reason why I'm sad this show is already over half-way done.

Oh yeah, 3 more episodes left.

I'm still in shock that they've canceled this show.  I think it's getting better and better and I really want to know Cassandra's backstory.  As someone mentioned in the media thread, they already have a replacement (something with JLo that sounds awful). I think NBC doomed this show on purpose. I wish the show would be picked up on something like the USA Network (like that Sean Bean series that I think is coming back).

• Love 3

I should pay more attention to media news, had no idea NBC was cancelling. Although against ABC's TGIT line-up, The Player had a hard to to hoe. I really like this show and its potential. Hopefully USA, FXX,or maybe Audience can pick it up. BTW loved this episode; RR, Snipes fight scene and banter with FBI investigator, and Alex's interaction with his niece,...

• Love 3

I've been too busy noticing Cassandra's shoe game. There was a pair last night that I was wanting very much.

Has a fashion blog been created? - much like the ones that track Arrow characters.

I almost couldn't bring myself to watch this episode knowing the series was canceled already. But then I did, and really enjoyed it — I agree with those who think it gets better with each episode and RR ups the game (pun intended) several notches.

The ambiguities I initially disliked, feeling everyone was against our hero, have grown on me as it seems that loyalties are more mixed than that and that some are trying to help but at some risk to themselves.

I wish we would get more. It isn't high art but it is so much better than so much getting long production orders and it fills a niche that is open right now, the one left by the ends of Burn Notice, Leverage, etc.

Ginny, eh, whatever, kill her off and create more avenging intensity in our Player, but unspooling the mystery of her faked death and seeing who helps and who hinders the solving of that mystery, that would interest me.

The games of the week could use some work, but that could come with time. The characterization so have gotten more solid with each episode IMO

edited to correct autocorrect

Edited by Margherita Erdman
  • Love 4

Ginny, eh, whatever, kill her off and create more avenging intensity in our Player, but unspooling the mystery of her faked death and seeing who helps and who hinders the solving of that mystery, that would interest me.

It's hard to care about someone who's just there to be a plot device for Alex, maybe it would've helped if she was actually fleshed out or something.

Cass is sloppy if she's getting photographed. Even with the RF scramble, she lives in TV-World where even she can clear up a digital photo real good.

I gave them props for NOT doing this.  (I'm not sure if the scrambler is a real thing, or a practical thing.)

I liked how Alex had the tracking device in the necklace.  I'm not sure how he put it together to match her tattoo so quickly, but I'll let it go.

I hope the reason for less Cassandra was because the actress was working on her one-person show. I also really hope USA picks this up; it seems like a good fit.

Gosh, I love this show!  I was good with it being the niece since she matched the look and the guy was short on time.  Great weirdo character.

Snipes kicked ass really well in this episode too.

(The tattoo was gotten to match the necklace, so it was feasible the girl would love the necklace.)

Burn notice did leave a huge gap....and I'll be sorry to see this go.  Should of been on on Friday nite against Blue Bloods.  Totally different demo audience!

I don't think this was ever mentioned, but does Alex still have his security business going, or is he "the player" full-time now?  Does being "the player" mean getting a salary?  I'll bet their benefits are terrible! (no retirement, no dental, and massive medical costs).

• Love 1

I don't think this was ever mentioned, but does Alex still have his security business going, or is he "the player" full-time now?  Does being "the player" mean getting a salary?  I'll bet their benefits are terrible! (no retirement, no dental, and massive medical costs).

I assume he's getting compensated for his services in some way.

I'll bet their benefits are terrible! (no retirement, no dental, and massive medical costs).

A couple episodes ago, Cassandra had to work on an authorized vacation day...causing her boyfriend to dump her!