Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

sincerely i believe that the death's Diggle is much game changing for characters, I really wonder how the writers decided to kill such a character lol

I can't imagine that the writers would kill Diggle, for various reasons, but the major one being that there is no way the network would allow them to kill the only non-white character on the show. There would be no coming back from that, and considering this show killed their bisexual character, and then had the lesbian character marry a guy? The backlash from it would be unimaginable imo. Honestly the only death that would be okay would be Lance, because the show has already killed far too many of its female characters, and they can't kill the only diversity they have. 

• Love 2

I suspect that they think that killing anyone who has been around since s1 is "game-changing and earned".  They thought it was a huge deal that DD lost his powers in ep 15 instead of waiting till ep 23.

More signs that a Lance is dying.  Canadagraphs tweeted "Gravestone marker of Quentin Lance's daughter on set today" with a photo of Sara's headstone below.

Reduce, re-use, recycle..... the grave is empty now and just using up space.  They could use it for another Lance.  (Or more likely, the remaining Lance + Dinah are going to go over and look at it sadly.)

Killing Sara  would hurt LoT where she's badly needed and the only female character who not only can do her own stunts but has, well, character.  It also would make the death less meaningful since it would be the fourth time they've killed her and everyone already mourned in s3.  Diggle even named his first child after her so killing her again would be anticlimactic.

I'm wondering if they might bring back Tommy. 

Malcolm has no relationship with Thea now.  He's big on blood it seems. So maybe part of Malcolm's Genesis thing is using Tommy's DNA to clone Tommy and then Tommy 2.0 becomes the new younger Dark Archer

I like that theory but they would have to magically age him. And Colin Donnell is currently one of the four characters worth watching for on Chicago Med (the others are Charles, Sharon and Choi), which just got renewed for another season.

Lance dying probably means someone else [Laurel, probably, or maybe Lyla] is given his screentime as the law enforcement connection, because they need that.

They would need a new character on SCPD to be their contact, especially since Oliver is working with the law now.  Lyla couldn't do that because even if she's not running ARGUS, she's not part of the SCPD.

Edited by statsgirl

Since we haven't had a Final Destination scenario for Quentin, Diggle, and Laurel, and I believe WM said there wouldn't be another fast forward, I wonder if an ep will end with all or two of them in peril, then revealing who's in the grave. I don't think Diggle's getting killed off, but I wonder if they'll tease it just for the audience reaction. 

They would need a new character on SCPD to be their contact, especially since Oliver is working with the law now.  Lyla couldn't do that because even if she's not running ARGUS, she's not part of the SCPD.

I think if Lyla cleans ARGUS up, it can easily sub for the SCPD as the law enforcement adjascent organization du jour.

• Love 2

More signs that a Lance is dying.  Canadagraphs tweeted "Gravestone marker of Quentin Lance's daughter on set today" with a photo of Sara's headstone below.

Guess SA's little heart to heart didn't really effect Canadagraphs MO.... that's a pretty spoiler to just tweet out. Personally, I'm enjoying the hidden message in the tweet.

• Love 1

Since we haven't had a Final Destination scenario for Quentin, Diggle, and Laurel, and I believe WM said there wouldn't be another fast forward, I wonder if an ep will end with all or two of them in peril, then revealing who's in the grave. I don't think Diggle's getting killed off, but I wonder if they'll tease it just for the audience reaction. 

We all talked about that a few weeks ago where we thought that Dig & LL/BC would be left in peril as a cliffhanger. I must admit I wanted it a few weeks ago because it seemed like an interesting idea. But now that every in-show & out-of-show hints point towards a Lance (& for me LL), I just don't want a cliffhanger because it will be anti-climatic. I don't put it past these writers to be that lame. But I'm hoping for more. I'm still bummed out they blew the most interesting cliffhangers in s3 of when OQ would return from the dead in the next episode. I really was looking fwd to wondering what exactly happened to OQ after mystery man picked him up. If you're gonna do a big cliffhanger it needs to resonate for longer than a few minutes.

• Love 1

That is not a great pair of writers.

One word with an R in the middle if I'm seeing it correctly.

I wanna say "Bye Bye Birdie" but that wouldn't be suspenseful at all now would it? Maybe the episode is just titled "Murdered" with extra spaces at the beginning and ending to throw folks off I mean come on they are NOT the most creative bunch of people lol!

Edited by Ann Mack

"Sacrifice"

That's my answer and I am sticking with it. :)

Agree @chaser, that is not a promising writing duo. Also if it is LL's farewell episode, it would have been nice if they gave it to Keto, she is one of the only ones that writes her better than average.

• Love 1

I think it's one word.

@quarks Please don't ever stop being you! Now if you'll excuse I need to go get a paper towel to wipe the Cuvée off my computer screen.

By the way have you all notice that 419 is a BTS female heavy episode? it was both written by female and is directed by a female!

Edited by foreverevolving

"Sacrifice"

That's my answer and I am sticking with it. :)

Agree @chaser, that is not a promising writing duo. Also if it is LL's farewell episode, it would have been nice if they gave it to Keto, she is one of the only ones that writes her better than average.

Keto wrote 4x18. 4x19 seems to be the aftermath episode. I was looking at the tweets and it seems like they were filming the funeral scenes today. It would also be random to have Laurels mother just happen to visit the day her daughter dies.

Keto wrote 4x18. 4x19 seems to be the aftermath episode. I was looking at the tweets and it seems like they were filming the funeral scenes today. It would also be random to have Laurels mother just happen to visit the day her daughter dies.

Thanks, at least they gave Keto a piece of the farewell...

Come to think of it WM & BS I believe have been there since the beginning and they probably have a little bit of fondness for their original female lead.

"It literally said in the script, “NO RING,” and I was like, “OK….” Filming that scene, we knew virtually nothing about what it really was about. [Ed. Note: At the time, the identity of the person in the grave was not set in stone.] Your character knows what’s going on but as an actor you don’t, so it was about trying to get as much information from the writers and potentially where this story is headed…. Everything’s going to make sense in the end, but at the same time, I found filming that eighth of a page to be very… I couldn’t stress myself out about it, but I found it difficult. Because I like to know what the authenticity is.
— 
  Emily Bett Rickards [TVLine.com Feb 22, 2016]

I just noticed something specifically because Emily said the script made the point of saying 'no ring"! What if by episode 19 they already have them back together and she's not wearing the ring but twisting it in her hands like she did when she removed it to leave it on the table. Or they're not together yet but this is the beginning of bringing them back together? I do hope Diggle is back to being Oliver's "black driver" ONLY for this scene though, I prefer brother and body guard as his titles if he has to have any!

tumblr_inline_o36olcEBXQ1stk93d_540.jpg

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 1

Thanks, at least they gave Keto a piece of the farewell...

Come to think of it WM & BS I believe have been there since the beginning and they probably have a little bit of fondness for their original female lead.

Fitting the woman who writes her the best, writes her death. >:)

• Love 2

I have to say that I LOLed when I saw the way MG blacked-out the title. And that the first thing that popped into my head was "OH! "Canary" has an R in it!"

I DON'T WANT TO GET MY HOPES UP!

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 4

You're the 2nd person to suggest it.

Do we know how many letters?

my guess, if my count is correct: 8-10 letters depending if it's one or two words and there is that separation line thingie (totally blanking in the name of it).

I do think it's one word.. so Sacrifice could fit but i don't think it's that, the R is too far down- my guess? the 4th or 5th letter.

I just noticed something specifically because Emily said the script made the point of saying 'no ring"! What if by episode 19 they already have them back together and she's not wearing the ring but twisting it in her hands like she did when she removed it to leave it on the table. Or they're not together yet but this is the beginning of bringing them back together? I do hope Diggle is back to being Oliver's "black driver" ONLY for this scene though, I prefer brother and body guard as his titles if he has to have any!

If they were back together, they would have touched each other at some point. Touched hands, maybe not sat 1000 feet from each other. Still broken up.

Wasn't there already an episode called Sacrifice? S1?

Edited by AyChihuahua

It could be "Canary Cry" and still be about Quentin Lance's death. Because his daughters would be crying?

::hides::

It's possible! And KC might be cutting her hair for Laurel's character because Quentin's death might mark a significant turn in her life....

Also you can't sit next to me ever again.

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

It's possible! And KC might be cutting her hair for Laurel's character because Quentin's death might mark a significant turn in her life....

Also you can't sit next to me ever again.

I'm sorry, but I can't help it!! I want her gone SO BADLY I'm afraid to hope!

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 1

They used Sins of the Father twice so I don't think prior use excludes anything.

How about "Honorable" since organic and game changer don't fit.

No they didn't... If I remember correctly the season 1 soundtrack has a track called "sins of the father" or something similar, but there isn't an episode of the same name.. until the latest S04 one.