Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm okay with Felicity taking a break from the Lair as long she makes it clear it's just a break or if the break from the Lair is just that because she is working remotely.

I don't want her quitting the Team. It doesn't work for me after 4x01. But I wouldn't begrudge her a vacation. Girls had it rough.

• Love 5

Because they dont train on a daily basis? And its one of the easiest way  to post something.

Huh? When people are talking about her being absent from social media, her posting a video on FB means she wasn't absent from social media. Absent from twitter but not social media as a whole.

Yeah, I'm fine if she takes a break, but I don't want it to be another "Has she left permanently? Will she come back?" or that is an issue and they have to convince her. They made her leave the team after Oliver's "death", at the end of S3, and she was just considering leaving for good in 411. I really want the show to avoid presenting it like an issue, because Felicity is not a quitter, but if they do, they are making her one.

Edited by looptab

She's not going to quit, but I said awhile ago that she should be allowed to take a couple weeks off to get away from Oliver, and now to do some intensive PT to walk again. Ending an engagement is a huge deal, and expecting her to be back in the lair with him 24 hours later is expecting her not to be human. I'm sure if there was some big thing happening she'd be there, but for just a regular night? No, she needs to be allowed to begin to heal, away from the man who will have completely broken her heart.

If they do it during the hiatus and have Digg or someone say "We're glad to have you back, Felicity" in 4.16, that'd be completely fine.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 9

I would love to see Lyla turn around ARGUS, because I had speculated about that happening at the end of last season, and did not get my wish. Honestly, it would be great for so many reasons. And if Felicity was helping to set that up, all the better.

Because EBR kept mentioning Felicity walking or getting use of her legs back in conjunction with the goal, my mind just immediately went to her putting a priority on getting that technology to market. I just don't see how/why that would really change anything for her at PT/TA because it just seems like a re-prioritizing at PT. We'll see, I guess, but I would not really understand her leaving the team for an extended period. Maybe she would suggest a lighter schedule with Curtis helping out when she's needed at PT, and vice versa?

I will also put myself down as unimpressed with the dress and the decor of Oliver's hallucination wedding, but you know, that's why he's not in charge of these things.

Is Felicity's surgery in 4.17?  BTS hint that Donna and Felicity are at the hospital in 4.17...maybe recovery during Lance-heavy episode (4.18) and life re-evaluation (4.19)?  It sounded like she would be re-evaluating her life post-surgery, so I would think that it might be a little after the hiatus.

I wouldn't consider Felicity a quitter if she decided to "leave" the Team - she would be reassessing and finding a better way for herself to help people - maybe larger scope of helping change people's lives and going beyond just helping the team.  The watchtower-direction makes a lot of sense to me because it includes a larger scope, well beyond Team Arrow, but also assisting the team in a much larger way.  Her suggesting Vixen to help out in tonight's episode is an example of what can be started - basically an on-call network of superheroes working together, and taking in the consideration of their strengths and weaknesses, it definitely moves the show into something bigger, with the starting origins of the justice league.  I think this would be a great direction for Felicity because she would connect all the shows and it would make a lot of sense in bringing in new heroes into the mix.  This would move Arrow to expand its universe if she starts either recruiting or compiling info on heroes around the world and bring them in from time to time on the show, giving her an even bigger role on the team.  In order to decide whether to take this direction, she might need to take some time to re-evaluate if this would work and whether she should take the time out to do it, given everything else she has on her plate - I don't see anything wrong with that.  It can all be about expanding her role as the hero-whisperer.    

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 5

Is Felicity's surgery in 4.17?  BTS hint that Donna and Felicity are at the hospital in 4.17...maybe recovery during Lance-heavy episode (4.18) and life re-evaluation (4.19)?  It sounded like she would be re-evaluating her life post-surgery, so I would think that it might be a littler after the hiatus.  

4x17 is the episode in which Oliver is topless, fighting for his life on an operating table. I assumed the hospital set was there for that purpose.

Edited by bijoux
  • Love 3

4x17 is the episode in which Oliver is topless, fighting for his life on an operating table. I assumed the hospital set was there for that purpose.

Maybe you're right...I just assumed that Oliver was out doing stupid things and got hurt without Felicity's guidance.  I don't think she was around the lair when he got hurt.  BTS photos showed him, Laurel, Diggle, and Lance, but no Felicity - so I just assumed that she was in the hospital getting her surgery since Donna is in the episode and that's why she wasn't filming with everyone else.

I think Felicity will be walking in 4.16 and she goes into surgery at the end of 4.15,maybe they show it in that montage thing thats supposed to happen.That way they have the hiatus time jump as her recovery time.I think the hospital stuff in 4.17 is for Oliver.But I'd be fine if it was for Felicity too.I just needed her to at least have the hope she can walk again by the time the break up happens so 4.17 is fine too imo.

Agreed, I see no point as to why the show would drag Felicity's surgery out to 417 when it's totally unnecessary for their narrative. Essentially the surgery is irrelevant for Felicity's story, just like her hospitalization in 410 was irrelevant to Felicity (as a character).  

• Love 4

So if Felicity can walk again when we get back from hiatus, how long do you think they will have her soul searching?  Was it up until 4.18 that SA said that they didn't have many scenes together?  Do you think it will last longer than that?

I hope everyone comes back together for the last few episodes for the end of season action and defeat of the big bad guy, even if she has her separate storyline.

If they actually don't have scenes together, it's possibly just in 4x17 and 4x18. The actors obviously share scenes in episodes 15 and 16 at least. He said they weren't working together much. Doesn't have to mean not at all. Just no more homey scenes.

Emily hasn't been filming at all for 4x18 so far. She was in LA while the others were filming. She could be back on set now but still I doubt there's a lot of Felicity in that episode.

Whatever is going to happen with Felicity and the team I imagine she will be a full time presence again after the death if not before.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 2

Emily hasn't been filming at all for 4x18 so far. She was in LA while the others were filming. She could be back on set now but still I doubt there's a lot of Felicity in that episode.

Is that certain? She posted two photos from the set a week ago. There wasn't anything specific about them, so they could have been from earlier, I guess.

Is that certain? She posted two photos from the set a week ago. There wasn't anything specific about them, so they could have been from earlier, I guess.

That is not certain.  She did post pics from set for 418 and EBR doesn't normally post old photos from set (that we know of).  

• Love 1

That was from February the 12th when they weren't filming 4x18 yet. https://twitter.com/emilybett/status/698266599464296448

She was in LA for sure until she gave that interview to Chris Hayner..people saw her and she shot something that has nothing to do with Arrow. After that no idea.

At least they're showing that Felicity isn't suddenly walking again, which is what I was kind of concerned with. She might be walking around in 416, but at least that's going to probably be a hiatus.

But ugh, last minute Olicity stuff is getting to me now, I'm going to miss it in the upcoming weeks. Plus, interesting line about "healing" being the most important thing...double meanings probably?

At least they're showing that Felicity isn't suddenly walking again, which is what I was kind of concerned with. She might be walking around in 416, but at least that's going to probably be a hiatus.

But ugh, last minute Olicity stuff is getting to me now, I'm going to miss it in the upcoming weeks. Plus, interesting line about "healing" being the most important thing...double meanings probably?

• Love 6

That was from February the 12th when they weren't filming 4x18 yet. https://twitter.com/emilybett/status/698266599464296448

She was in LA for sure until she gave that interview to Chris Hayner..people saw her and she shot something that has nothing to do with Arrow. After that no idea.

Actually 2/12 is the first day of filming for 418...

And here I was thinking Felicity would get the surgery at the end of 415.  Looks like she already had it and is walking again (tentatively).  I was off on my intial guess, thought for sure it was only going to be 2-3 episodes (which put her walking again by 413) but my second guess was right, by end of Sweeps :D

Edited by Morrigan2575

I doubt they're going to do a hallucination in episode 15 and 16 though

Oh, it's from tonight, gotcha. Makes perfect sense, then. (I can't watch videos at work.)

So the montage probably includes scenes of Felicity moving out/into new place/crying in new place, rather than her getting surgery. I'm just glad she's walking again.

Edited by AyChihuahua
Not a dream sequence.  Not a hallucination.  Not an alternate reality.  Not a flash forward to a potential future.

K, so what's left? Cupid forcing them to go through with the wedding for some reason? They decide to pretend to get married for some other reason?

• Love 2

Now I'm completely confused.  They break up in 415... and get married in 416?

And sorry, MG, but that cutesy scene with Felicity, Oliver and Paul still isn't enough to make me watch tonight's episode.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 3

Actually 2/12 is the first day of filming for 418...

And here I was thinking Felicity would get the surgery at the end of 415.  Looks like she already had it and is walking again (tentatively).  I was off on my intial guess, thought for sure it was only going to be 2-3 episodes (which put her walking again by 413) but my second guess was right, by end of Sweeps :D

My bad then. She filmed for one day though. Because it was Friday. The day after the others left for the con, KC for NYC so no one was filming. We know she wasn't on set on the next Monday the because SA said so, then fans met her in LA, she filmed in LA and was still in LA when Chris interviewed her on Monday because her LA roommate said so.

Seriously. Even as a dream sequence I thought it would be rubbing salt in a wound for Olicity fans to have a wedding scenario right after a breakup. If it's actually happening it would be so cruel to Felicity too. What are they thinking?

• Love 3

Now I'm completely confused.  They break up in 415... and get married in 416?

This show makes no sense, that is clear. But there's no way that's a real wedding. No one else is there, and they're not smiling. It's a trap or a ploy, or maybe worst of all possibilities, they agree to marry to help him win the election, which I'll never believe Felicity would agree to (I can maybe see her agreeing not to end their engagement publicly, but no way would she actually marry him for that reason).

I am enjoying Guggie's repeated press of the panic button, though.

• Love 1

I have questioned the break up  idea all this time because it is not in character imho.  I thought she might suggest they not get married so fast and give them both time to adjust to changes.  If this is a real wedding, that doesn't jive with postponing.

I would add...MG emphasized Nyssa and Oliver = real wedding too.

• Love 1

"So Felicity, I know I just totally broke your trust and your heart, but is it cool if we go ahead and use the wedding stuff that you now believe we'll never really need to trap Cupid?  You're cool with wearing your wedding dress after that for a ploy, right?"

Hallucination would have been less cruel.

When did Cupid find out that Oliver was The Arrow?

She could have fallen for Oliver this time. She seems to switch lovers relatively easily.

• Love 3

When did Cupid find out that Oliver was The Arrow?

No idea, but we know she crashes the wedding per paparazzi doucheface, right?

An alternative is this is their real wedding, but it doesn't happen because Cupid crashed it.

No idea, but we know she crashes the wedding per paparazzi doucheface, right?

An alternative is this is their real wedding, but it doesn't happen because Cupid crashed it.

Yeah, I have no idea.  With this show they probably figure everyone knows so who cares. 

Edited by Morrigan2575

What if the episode opens with the wedding and they are already married when the William secret comes out in the open?  The show has been pushing the speed up when we marry bit....

The picture is from 16.

They look far too unhappy for it to be real, plus where are their attendants?

Since there is no audience and they look unhappy, I doubt it is a real wedding of their accord.  Maybe...insane Cupid wants them married because they are the couple that everyone believes in and she didn't want them to break up.  They could be standing on a platform with a bomb and be forced to be married or maybe someone is held hostage...Laurel wasn't at the scene, but I think Diggle and Thea were according to the paparazzi guy.  

Edited by ComicFan777
  • Love 6

I'm still betting the 416 cold open is whatever kind of wedding this is, and then we get a "48 hours earlier" tile.

Maybe...insane Cupid wants them married because they are the couple that everyone believes in and she didn't want them to break up.  They could be standing on a platform with a bomb and be forced to be married or maybe someone is held hostage

Oh, wow, maybe they really do get married because Cupid forces them to. That's not cruel and terrible at all, even. </sarcasm.font>

• Love 5

I'm still betting the 416 cold open is whatever kind of wedding this is, and then we get a "48 hours earlier" tile.

Oh, wow, maybe they really do get married because Cupid forces them to. That's not cruel and terrible at all, even. </sarcasm.font>

Worked great for Nyssa/Oliver

• Love 2