Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

All I can think about is how a lot of the same media people tweeted about how 'shocking' and 'surprising' 3x15 was last year. And they were correct, it was 'shocking' and 'surprising.'

In its stupidity.

• Love 6
(edited)

I agree. I think it would be anti-climatic if it's about Felicity being paralyzed. She got shot multiple times, no one could expect her to come out unscathed. It would only be shocking if all she got was a batman bandaid and a lollipop.

I don't know, I think when people are heavily spoiled (as most of us here are), they lose track of what unspoiled fans think/know and how they would react. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Maybe its the identity of the Wilson family member. Didnt Stephen teased that at the last HVFF.

Could be! I wonder if it would be DD's wife, or Alex. I feel like Alex would be the more intriguing option, considering Oliver thinks he's on his side. 

I really do think that if they want to make Alex more interesting they could make him a Wilson. The problem is that I feel like he is too old to be Wilson's son. Perhaps his younger brother?

I think connecting the Darhks & Wilsons together is too convenient even for these lazy writers. The world is just not that small. Wilson coming on his own to seek revenge against OQ would be a more logical story, even if its predictable.

I agree. I think it would be anti-climatic if it's about Felicity being paralyzed. She got shot multiple times, no one could expect her to come out unscathed. It would only be shocking if all she got was a batman bandaid and a lollipop.

Why Not? Happened to Oliver

• Love 1

I doubt anyone expects her to be unscathed but I do think they expect the usual Arrow "stitches and band-aid" scene, especially because it's Felicity and people expect her to stick around.  The "she's never going to walk again!" will be shocking enough.

Either that, or we find out the reveal about who DD's wife really is.  (Lois Lane's niece)

(I wish I could watch it live but someone with no appreciation for Arrow has called a meeting from 7-9 on Wednesday night so now I'll have to wait till it comes on-line the next day. Why do people do that???)

• Love 3

It's tough to say, since I don't think we can assume that this particular reviewer even knows about Oracle to think people would speculate it would be Felicity. 

I tend to ignore these tweets because they're either unspoiled or pretending to be unspoiled.

I guess we'll see :) It could be something with Andy. But Felicity being paralyzed is huge, if you are not spoiled.

(edited)

I guess we'll see :) It could be something with Andy. But Felicity being paralyzed is huge, if you are not spoiled.

I agree, i mentioned in my last post, when you're hugely spoiled you forget what/how unspoiled fans think/know/react to. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I think maybe we're talking about two potentially different things here - I agree that it's probable that Felicity being paralyzed is the huge spoiler, but there was also another tweet that mentioned a scene that would set the fandom on fire and get them speculating - that's the one I was referring to above. Not sure that's Felicity related at all - could be about whoever's dying.

Then again, both reviewers could be talking about the same scene.

• Love 3

I think maybe we're talking about two potentially different things here - I agree that it's probable that Felicity being paralyzed is the huge spoiler, but there was also another tweet that mentioned a scene that would set the fandom on fire and get them speculating - that's the one I was referring to above. Not sure that's Felicity related at all - could be about whoever's dying.

Then again, both reviewers could be talking about the same scene.

I was referring to that, too, in my first post you answered to. :)I meant that I do think that's what the reviewer talking about fans speculating was referring to, considering the paralysis is a big development, but that we won't know for sure and afterall, she could also be referring to any other thing.  Sorry for the confusion, I blame the cold  freezing my brain cells :)

In anticipation of Arrow's return, here's a summary of spoilers for 410...

S4, Episode 10: Blood Debts
-- Production code: 410.  Director: Jesse Warn.  Airdate: Jan. 20, 2016. (MG tweet, page 25 of Spoilers thread)
-- 410 synopsis: "THE AFTERMATH - Oliver (Stephen Amell) must deal with the devastating consequences of Darhk’s (guest star Neal McDonough) last attack. Seeking revenge, Oliver goes on a brutal manhunt looking for Dahrk. Jesse Warn directed the episode written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff (#410).  Original airdate 1/20/2016." (DrSpaceman10 post, page 28 of Spoilers thread, and GreenArrowTV article, page 792 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Per MG, the Billy Joel song for this episode is Angry Young Man. (MG tweet, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- Preview pics posted.  (ComicBookResources and SpoilerTV articles, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- Comic preview posted. (MG tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

-- 410 promo videos show Oliver going on the warpath, that Felicity will have surgery, and feature appearances by old faces.  (410 promo videos posted, pages 28 and 29 of Spoilers thread)

-- WM: “He’s going to pull out all the stops... We’ll see him in real fire and brimstone. The gloves are off. It’s eye for an eye. He’ll stop at nothing.” Also, while the team will attempt to rein him in - WM: “I don’t think any of them are going to let him fully revert to the darkest of dark places that he’s been" - Oliver will struggle with falling back into old habits. (EW article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

-- WM: “We’re really intrigued by the idea of seeing what happens when Oliver has someone he loves as much as he loves Felicity get hurt like that, and we’re intrigued by what he would do.” (Variety article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- WM teases that even as the vigilante is “dead set on getting Darhk and making sure that he never hurts anyone again, we also get some very interesting human insight into Darhk in this episode. It doesn’t necessarily complicate matters as much for Oliver, but it definitely does for the team, and it makes Oliver’s task quite a bit harder. We’re hoping that will provide some interesting challenges and context as they continue to battle through the rest of the season.” (Variety article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

-- Dialogue tease from Matt Mitovich: "Darhk hurt a friend of mine, a close friend, a woman better than you and me put together... He crossed a line!" (MM tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- Per Sydney Bucksbaum, "1 scene in particular will set this fandom on fire + inspire lots of theories. Wowza." (SB tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread and page 813 of Spoiler Discussion thread)
-- Per Chris Hayner, 410 will give "some definite answers", Diggle has "good scenes" and "it's clear how much he cares about Felicity", and rates "at least an 8 on the emotion scale" with "some serious moments".  (CH tweets, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

-- Per Philiana Conta, 410 "has some heartbreaking scenes. Buckle up. #Olicity." (PC tweet, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- EK described 410  with three words: "revenge, love, Darhk." (EK tweet, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Felicity's last scene in 409 while fans wait for 410, EBR: "She is sincerely in danger. Felicity is right now completely not on this planet. So, it's going to be a little bit of a devastation, and it will be interesting on how it's dealt with. You have to keep in mind how strong she is, and hopefully that strength will prevail and keep her around." (Scan of Bello Mag's December 2015 Young Hollywood article in Morrigan2575 post, page 113 of Starling City Times thread)
-- On how many bullets did Felicity take, WM: "She took a lot. Damien really wanted revenge on Oliver, he wanted to hit him hard and hit him where it hurts. What we saw was brutal and that’s what happened to her. It’s very brutal." (TVLine article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- Donna Smoak (CR) will appear in this episode. (CR tweet, page 24 of Spoilers thread, and TVLine article, page 21 of Spoilers thread)
-- Donna tells Oliver that Felicity is permanently paralyzed.  (Australian video promo, page 28 of Spoilers thread)
-- WM: "Felicity was always the angel on [Oliver's] shoulder - and whether she is or is not going forward I will leave everyone to find out when Episode 410 airs. But Dig is interestingly also someone who’s always been his moral compass, and one of the things that’s interesting about this season is that we have taken everybody who would normally rein Oliver in to their own morally compromised and dark places. So I don’t know that anyone is necessarily going to be there to stop him. Even Thea is struggling with her own bloodlust. The one person that might be helpful to him is Malcolm. What the viewers will see is we’re going to have him give Oliver some very interesting and helpful advice. And obviously we’re going to blow that up. It will bring them a bit closer together, though, which will give us some really juicy stuff when we start to break them back apart." (TVLine article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- It sounds like there will be a big confrontation between DD (NM) and Malcolm (JB) in 410. (GreenArrowTV tweet, page 24 of Spoilers thread)
-- Lonnie Machin, aka  Anarky, (AC) returns in this episode, and he now wears a mask.  (Arrow "Revenge" promo video and AC tweets, and 410 preview pics, page 28 of Spoilers thread)

-- Per WM, 410 sees the return of Anarky (AC), who serves as “a really interesting counterpoint to both Oliver and Darhk. He has a big ax to grind so it felt like a really good place to bring him back.  WM: “He’s a wild card; by virtue of his name we know what kind of person he is … He’s completely insane and only gone darker since we last saw him, so it felt like a great way to kick off the midseason premiere and a great character to take us into this new, dark set of episodes leading up to the season finale.” (Variety article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)
-- On Arrow, AK: “I realize we’re being especially cruel this year, and for that I apologize, but there’s some great stuff coming up on that show,... Midseason finales are incredibly hard, but I think even harder is the one after Christmas, the one where you come back. I will say both The Flash and the Arrow episodes are two of our best come-back-from-the-long-Christmas-break episodes. They’re not placeholder episodes before the good stuff gets going. So much happens in both of these shows.” (EW article, page 28 of Spoilers thread)

-- On flashbacks, WM: “Oliver’s cover has been blown... The most fun part of the flashbacks is the dynamic between him and Conklin. We’re really going to be seeing those chickens come home to roost. Oliver’s going to make enemies, not just with the guards, but with the prisoners as well. He’s going to find himself without a lot of friends going forward in the flashbacks.” (EW article, page 29 of Spoilers thread)

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 1

They might hint that Diggle is the one in the grave?

Well it's probably his time... this is the year of DIg & Felicity.

The show is already pushing the believable limits of trying to get everyone on board with FS being the one in the grave. They probably want  and need to switch it up. Honestly, the only other person I think is safe to not die in s4 is Dig - so I welcome them to try switching it up and trying to make us think he will be in the grave.

Plus it would make sense that if Dig starts to go outside of the lines he draws to get to the truth of Andy or whatever he does to resolve the Andy issue that could put him in situations that could potentially be lethal.

Digg is now definitely a possibility iMO. WM said that Diggle is his sort of moral compass, what would happen to Oliver if his moral compass is taken away from him? Would he resort to killing like we saw him say in the premier? 

Ugh I hope this isn't the case. I'm still grasping to the idea it's Laurel who's essentially the most useless character ever. 

The show is already pushing the believable limits of trying to get everyone on board with FS being the one in the grave. They probably want and need to switch it up.

I think we're done with the Felicity teases after this ep. They'll start teasing someone else once it's clear she lives.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

If they had any sense they'd be done with the Felicity teases but I doubt they are. She's alive now but there's still 3 months to go. They'll tease everyone, right up until it happens.

Also...NO! Don't say Diggle. Outside of Felicity, his death is my biggest fear. 

Killing Dig would be a shitty move for so many reasons. In no particular order: he is the only POC in the regular cast (and no they can't just switch him with Curtis because gross), he is Olivers only guy friend, they keep saying it is his year so to kill him now would be a slap in the face, DR/SA scenes are highlights, DR is one of the best actors in the cast, you would lose OTA, etc...

I fully expect them to hint at his death, but if they go thru with it RAGE RAGE RAGE.

Personally (and WMs next interview could disprove this) I don't think there will be much for The Lances in 10-15. I think they will mostly be background players. Laurel will continue her impersonation of Roy and Lance will be dating Donna, but nothing big. But I think in 16 we are going to start to an increased focus because they will be setting up the grave for a Lance. Which Lance is still up in the air, but I think it's a safe bet.

• Love 3

If they had any sense they'd be done with the Felicity teases but I doubt they are. She's alive now but there's still 3 months to go. They'll tease everyone, right up until it happens.

They might try to hint in-show that she's still the one in the grave, but I doubt we're going to see these ridiculous commercials with Oliver at the grave attached to anything at all to do with Felicity. They are playing right now like she's dead in promos. I really don't think they're going to keep doing it after this ep.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

During the crossover, yes. Malcolm said something to Oliver about basically unleashing hell if his recklessness wound up getting Thea killed. It wasn't exactly that - I don't remember the exact words.

Here you go

Malcolm: Oliver! You better be certain that your stubbornness does not get my daughter killed.

Because if that happens, I will come for you.

And in a way that will make you beg for the likes of Vandal Savage.

I can't find what I'm looking for (not even sure I know what I'm looking for) but I think there was a more subtle Thea Anvil earlier in the season.

• Love 1

There is no way that they are going to kill Diggle... it's just not going to happen for all the reasons @Chaser lists. Plus the fact that he is just too good of a character to kill off.

There is too much potential for him, that don't require a reset of the show. Tommy had potential but only if they kept the same premise they had planned in the pilot, but they had changed course, so Tommy was not needed per the writers. Sara had potential, but she took up too much space and too much of LL's role, so she or LL needed to go. Moira had so much potential, and I think the writers would acknowledge that if forced to, but they need something to push OQ emotionally. They wanted that OMG moment where they rip everyone's hearts out. In hindsight, they probably regret some of the deaths, but I feel like they also learned their lesson which is why I can't imagine them killing of Dig or FS in s4, because they don't want to throw away potential and popular characters for the sake of a story.

They'll drop the anvils & hints, and make us think it might be Dig or FS, but I will be absolutely shocked if they have the actual kahunas to go through with it. Also a s5 without Dig or FS just sounds miserable, they are integral to TA and the show. It's almost unthinkable to imagine the show without them.

• Love 2

I'm 100% sure Felicity's not in the grave, but I'm only about 95% sure it's not Digg. I personally would be more worried if the Curtis actor didn't have another gig for next season, bc I think these EPs are gross enough to sub in one POC dude for another. (The Walking Dead did it like four times...RIP Oscar.) I still don't think it's Laurel, although it should be. It seems possible for it to be Donna, even though the grave was obviously not Jewish. But, my guess hasn't really changed...Quentin is by far the most likely IMO. 

I mean they could kill Diggle. Killing Diggle would really hurt and the show would definitely never be the same. But killing off your only character that isn't would cause more backlash than just a beloved characters death. Oliver also already lost his best friend once. Does he need to do it again? Frankly besides Diggle and Felicity, I don't care that much. It would be s pretty big move to kill off the only other make that is on team Arrow (lance and Malcolm don't count for me) I really hope that it is not Diggle. I really truly hope that.

I'm not sure if it got missed yesterday with everything else that was released but it looks like Nyssa will be in 415 as well as 412 (not sure if she's got other episodes in between).

I'm wondering how this plays into the whole game changing, something we've never done with a Villain before in 415.

When the 412 summary came out, saying Nyssa makes her move, I was wondering if her move is to go to DD to help her defeat Malcolm. But then I figured that would mean she had to stick around, which didn't seem likely.

And I can't help but wonder if the game-changing thing is DD is not the big bad after all, but I'm not sure who would then. Malcolm? Mrs DD? Andy?

I'm torn on bring Nyssa back. It's always good to see Nyssa, but I'm so over the LOA mess. If Nyssa can get rid of Malcolm in one swoop I would be good, but I don't want this to drag on. And I don't want the LOA teaming up anyone, DD or Arrow.

• Love 1

Unpopular opinion, but I don't want Nyssa back on the show. Because with her comes more LoA storylines, more Malcom, and more reminders of how last season went off the rails. Don't we have enough going on in Star City with DD and his committee of bad guys, the mayoral campaign, Felicity's recovery, BM drama, and Diggle vs Andy? WTH do we need to squeeze in "meanwhile, in Nanda Parbat..."

• Love 10

I liked Nyssa in s2 when she was part of the solution and not just a problem. Now, I feel like she is a problem after s3. With her comes all the baggage of LoA & a failed Ras. And on top of that it brings up the problems with MM. I really wish we could have just have resolved the LoA without having MM become Ras. It taints everything.

I really enjoy MM, but even I am getting fatigued with how they are bumbling his character. It seems like its never going to end. Now the rumours about how he might be a helpful sounding board and provide insight for OQ. Unless he is helping to plan an infiltration, take over the world or betray people I don't want or need OQ going to him for advice. I'm just over it. I want him morally grey, devious & back stabbing. But I know that is not how they are going to write him. They are making him a paternal figure and that is just not who his character is or should be.

I wouldn't mind him teaming up with DD, perhaps to double cross him in the end. However, I really don't want Nyssa teaming up with DD to take down MM. Because at the end of the day, I probably don't want MM to be removed as head of LoA because right now it is not relevant to the story. It gives MM a purpose and minions but keeps it from being part of the main plot. Frankly, I don't want MM to be part of the main plot. He is best in small doses until he becomes the big bad again.

• Love 4

And I can't help but wonder if the game-changing thing is DD is not the big bad after all, but I'm not sure who would then. Malcolm? Mrs DD? Andy?

Whoa. This sounds very promising. If they went with that it could be awesome, the big bad actually being more connected to another member of the team and he would have been in their midst for months gathering intel. I doubt that's where they'll go but, man, it could be something. Frankly, him being in the grave is probably a better shit than this. He finally kicks whatever spell Darhk had on him and repents - or reveals himself as working against HIVE from within the whole time - , mends the fences with Dig and then bam!

• Love 1

I still wonder if they are going to make Andy be a double agent and fighting HIVE from the inside. Or he just could be downright bad... Either way I do not see him being the Big Bad of the season.

There big twist could be as simple as having two Big Bads - Mr & Mrs Darhk. We've never had two Big Bads. And we've never had Big Bads married to each other.

Once again, I feel like we are over thinking everything and giving these writers way too much credit for how they plan on writing the big twists. Most of the time, there big twists are neither big or surprising.

• Love 1

Wish the trailer had more Felicity in. But I know they're still trying to sell her as dead. Yawn.

That first scene with Thea unconscious in hospital...Oliver looks like he's wearing his funeral suit. I wonder if Thea gets injured at the same time someone dies? Maybe she's still unconscious even after the funeral.

I saw Tatsu and weirdly Shado. Okay then.

Edited by Guest

TATSU!

I know! I was genuinely shocked by that. Also, SHADO! Or her twin, I guess. But again, honestly unexpected.

And yay, we don't get only Roy, but Arsenal as well! 

Are we supposed to know the guy who draws the gun on Lyla? Mrs Diggle's lookin' good, by the way.

That first scene with Thea unconscious in hospital...Oliver looks like he's wearing his funeral suit. I wonder if Thea gets injured at the same time someone dies?

Could very well be true. Thus explaining her absence from the funeral and eliminating her from the race for the grave. 

This is how Malcolm is supposed to be used.

• Love 1

Oh my goodness.... this is never going to happen.... but I totally want Goth FS to haunt her for a little bit and make her question things.. perhaps make some questionable choices...

OK, so I totally caved and watched the trailer on FB, and its good. If I only watched the trailer I would probably be so excited for the second part of the season, but I know the writers will find some way to mess it up. Plus, they literally rolodexed so many former characters onto the show. I saw Katana & Shado, who knows how they will be involved.

That being said MM made the perfect one-line zinger about OQ in the last few seconds and in light of some of SA posts, I feel like that sentiment my crossover into real life.

• Love 1

I hope the amount of Laurel in this back half of the season will be just what the trailer showed-which was too much for my taste already.

Other than that, WTF, Thea? Lyla?

Yay Katana, and Shado, and ROY!!

Goth Felicity is clever.

I know he won't die, but seeing him with the gun beneath (!)his chin still made an impression.

How did they manage to keep Katana and Shado under wrap??

Edited by looptab
  • Love 1