Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

When I saw the picture with the baby, all I could focus on was the overflowing diaper bag, and all the stuff you carry around.   I wonder if that's Oliver or Stephen carrying the bag.

Oliver with Mama Smoak?  I wonder what that could be about.  So glad EBR is tweeting excitedly.

Except for Home Invasion and the Promise, I like every episode Ben Sokolowski wrote, and it's not his fault about Home Invasion.  On the other hand, there is no forgiveness for "Please save Oliver" from The Promise.

• Love 2

I have to be honest, I am really not looking forward to Daddy Diggle. This is not what I wanted for his character at all. 

Cute pic though. 

I have to be honest, I am really not looking forward to Daddy Diggle.

It's quite strange actually. Diggle has a lot going on with A.R.G.U.S. and Deadshot and H.I.V.E. I can only imagine it's because they want to use him to further Oliver's character growth.

Regardless, as if I needed anymore reason to think Diggle is awesomesauce. Daddy Diggle will darn well kill me.

It's quite strange actually. Diggle has a lot going on with A.R.G.U.S. and Deadshot and H.I.V.E. I can only imagine it's because they want to use him to further Oliver's character growth.

Regardless, as if I needed anymore reason to think Diggle is awesomesauce. Daddy Diggle will darn well kill me.

Well, I hope Digg has a lot going on with A.R.G.U.S and H.I.V.E because it's all I've wanted for him for so long now (they set up the story and just sort of abandoned it before) but I still don't know if I trust the writers 100%. There needs to be balance and knowing how Digg (and Felicity) were sidelined last season I do wonder if they learned from that. I guess I'm fine with the odd scene here and there with the baby but honestly I would have preferred if this development had waited until at least s4. I just want Digg front and centre of the action and I wonder how a baby will impede that.

But yeah, Diggle is awesomesauce whatever he does.

Edited by Guest

Becoming a father is just a part of life, and I'm glad that the writers are exploring this with Diggle and not Oliver. It's not like we'll be seeing Digg on diaper duty or whatever, I think it'll be a nice change to see that Digg has someone he loves unconditionally. Seeing Digg take on fatherhood will be a lesson for Oliver and I think that's important especially with this year's theme. 

• Love 2

Maybe I'm being a little naive considering all that we've found out this season will contain, but I hold onto SA's comment about s3 being more intimate. Let me spend time with my favourite characters: Felicity and Diggle. I think/hope the EPs have a firmer grasp on what it is I want to watch i.e. more Team Arrow, less Lance Family. The way they sidelined Felicity and Diggle for about 7 episodes made me horribly sad to the point that I felt the writers went "oh you want team Arrow? Well here they are." Just don't make them shadows again and we'll be all good.

• Love 2

What's funny is that I feel like if Arrow never stumbled upon Felicity, having the Lance family featured in most of the episodes would've been inevitable. I think that the Arrow writers were sort of testing the waters a bit trying to see if people didn't mind having the Lances be featured and make them more relevant to the plot but failed miserably to get people on board as one of the biggest complaints for the entire season was that there was too much Lance family and too little Team Arrow. 

I feel like this won't be a problem anymore considering the writers/EPs have learned their lessons from season 2. Will we get some Lance family drama? Sure, but I don't think it'll be a huge chunk of the season anymore. 

Edited by wonderwall

If I had my way, Laurel would have nothing to do with Oliver. Sara would fight with him (because they're badass together) but that's it. What annoyed me about Laurel's wishy washiness towards Oliver in season 1 was, if she was like "I hate you with the power of a thousand suns" then left Starling for Coast City, I would've been team Laurel. But they didn't allow that and it frustrated me.

In other words, the only Lance family drama we'd know about is Sara returning, Laurel saying I love you but I don't trust you, and Quentin being his fabulous self. Go Lances!!

The picture with Diggle carrying the baby and Oliver carrying the diaper bag just made me laugh for like five minutes straight. :)  I'm getting excited about Felicity Smoak's origin story. I love that it looks like Oliver is going to meet Mama Smoak especially if she takes one look at him and decides she is not impressed.  Just because I would find that hilarious.

• Love 3

Hmmm, Oliver gets hurt. Somehow they end up at Felicity's place (which we're finally seeing on the show, thank God!). He needs rest but the couch is too short for him. "You need to be in my bed." :) I usually order comics online. For this one, I'll be driving to my local comic book store (as soon as I find out where it is).

• Love 2

ermmm 

tumblr_naxpveZ6UL1tcnkgwo1_500.jpg

Pretty sure it's going to be a classic Felicity mix up :p I just don't know how...... hmmm

LOL - they are so mean.  They do know how to stir the pot with a fandom, I'll give them that.  It's going to turn out to be Oliver having a cold.

• Love 1

I think it's Felicity asking Oliver to move in with her, because he's "poor" now. I remember reading that one of EPs said that Oliver finds a new place to live soon after the first episode, so maybe the season opens with F and O living together. I just hope if they're living together in the comics we at least get to see one episode of that in the show. 

MGuggenheim does know how to stir the Olicity pot lol

Edited by drspaceman10

Hmmm, Oliver gets hurt. Somehow they end up at Felicity's place (which we're finally seeing on the show, thank God!). He needs rest but the couch is too short for him. "You need to be in my bed." :) I usually order comics online. For this one, I'll be driving to my local comic book store (as soon as I find out where it is).

If you buy the digital version you can get it on 9/1 - if you wait for the print copies, I think you have to wait until October/November, so consider that!

Yeah, this is just misleading innuendo, a typical Felicity slip. I've got to hand it to them though, they really do know how to sell it, although I will forever be bitter that they're taking the easy way out and covering this in a separately sold comic (which I, unfortunately, will buy) instead of tackling it in-show. Ugh.

• Love 5

If you are in the US this is a comic book store locator.  http://www.comicshoplocator.com/storelocator

IA misdirect.

Edited to delete because sometimes I forget I know how read  with comprehension.

Edited by Orion

I had thought that they would have Oliver/Felicity living together in the 2.5 comics and then have Oliver move out in the last issue, so that they wouldn't have to commit to it on the show. I hope they don't do that though...

I had thought that they would have Oliver/Felicity living together in the 2.5 comics and then have Oliver move out in the last issue, so that they wouldn't have to commit to it on the show. I hope they don't do that though...

Not that I'd put it past them, but I feel like that's taking it a BIT too far. Maybe he gets hurt and shows up at Felicity's house for some help, and she wants him to lie down? Maybe I've been reading too much fanfic?

• Love 4

Not that I'd put it past them, but I feel like that's taking it a BIT too far. Maybe he gets hurt and shows up at Felicity's house for some help, and she wants him to lie down? Maybe I've been reading too much fanfic?

I don't want to be irritated at the writers if they put real juice into the 2.5 comics. Just saying.

• Love 1
(edited)

Juice?

Yeah i'm guessing either Oliver is hurt and needs to rest or Oliver is staying with Felicity until he finds his own place.

These writers love Angel so much, that's exactly what happened between S1/S2 on the show.

Edited by Morrigan2575

If you buy the digital version you can get it on 9/1 - if you wait for the print copies, I think you have to wait until October/November, so consider that!

Oh, thanks for that reminder! I keep mixing up the Arrow comics. It's the Green Arrow one that comes out in print form before digital, right? OK, I'm pre-ordering the digital tie-in one then.

I'm with you folks who don't want to see "real" development in Felicity and Oliver's relationship or really juicy stuff in the comics. That's what the TV show is for. That's where the development should be. This should just be extras. Although I'm excited for the date, I kinda am pissed off that they're doing that in the first ep because I want to see how Oliver got to that point. I wanted to see the development in his thinking. *shrugs ... maybe they'll still show it.

• Love 2

Oh, thanks for that reminder! I keep mixing up the Arrow comics. It's the Green Arrow one that comes out in print form before digital, right? OK, I'm pre-ordering the digital tie-in one then.

Not quite. The Green Arrow comics come out in print and digital the same day -- first Wednesday of every month [#35 on October 1st, #36 on November 5, and so on].

The Arrow comics are part of the Digital First line, and they'll be alternating Mondays with The Flash. Every 3 digital issues are collected in a print issue. Making an educated guess here, but I think the schedule for the first run is --

Sept 01: Arrow 2.5 #1 part 1

Sept 15: Arrow 2.5 #1 part 2

Sept 29: Arrow 2.5 #1 part 3

These three parts will be collected in one print, to be released October 8 [which is a Wednesday, because print comics always come out on Wednesdays].

I promise everyone who's never bought comics before -- you legit get used to the schedule after a couple of months. :)

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

I'm with you folks who don't want to see "real" development in Felicity and Oliver's relationship or really juicy stuff in the comics. That's what the TV show is for. That's where the development should be. This should just be extras. Although I'm excited for the date, I kinda am pissed off that they're doing that in the first ep because I want to see how Oliver got to that point. I wanted to see the development in his thinking. *shrugs ... maybe they'll still show it.

I'm on the same boat - that's what annoys me about the 2.5 comics.

I wonder if they're not showing the progression because they go on a date and then decide not to pursue it, so the date is a precursor to the "real" relationship that comes later, and Oliver and Felicity's journey this season is what sets that up? So, they're not showing us the false start, but they're going to show us the actual start? Does that even make sense?

• Love 2

These three parts will be collected in one print, to be released October 8 [which is a Wednesday, because print comics always come out on Wednesdays]

Comicbook Wednesdays....ah how I used to run out every Wednesday... now it's every other Saturday.

Yeah, these little bastards managed to get me buying digital comics now because there's no way im waiting until October when everyone else will have the books on Monday.

They're really releasing on Labor Day?

Whether it is in the comics or the show, I don't think there is going to be lots of time devoted to romantic developments because ultimately this is an action show and romance is always going to be secondary. I think they will do/have done better with Oliver/Felicity than they have with Oliver's other relationships, but I'm keeping low expectations for any romantic subplot.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't want Oliver living with Felicity right now.  The idea that an almost 30 year old Oliver has to crash on Felicity's couch does not seem charming or cute to me.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude
  • Love 2

I think it makes more sense to have him living with Roy now that Thea is gone. They can bond over her, and Oliver training him, and the fact that Roy has a house with only himself to live in it.

LOL - they are so mean.  They do know how to stir the pot with a fandom, I'll give them that.  It's going to turn out to be Oliver having a cold.

Guggenheim is especially a rabble rouser when it comes to tweeting Felicity/Oliver lines. He tweeted "You'll always be my girl" for 2x14 (and I hoped it would be to Thea or Sara anyone but Felicity) and "I love you" from the finale.

I would much rather have had Oliver work out where he's going to stay and what his relationship with Felicity is going to be, and with Diggle, on-screen and not have it 8 months over when the season 3 started.  It worked last year because Oliver disappeared but now, except for Thea who is still gone, it's going to suck missing all that.

I can't believe the comic comes out in less than a week.

Whether it is in the comics or the show, I don't think there is going to be lots of time devoted to romantic developments because ultimately this is an action show and romance is always going to be secondary. I think they will do/have done better with Oliver/Felicity than they have with Oliver's other relationships, but I'm keeping low expectations for any romantic subplot.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I don't want Oliver living with Felicity right now.  The idea that an almost 30 year old Oliver has to crash on Felicity's couch does not seem charming or cute to me.

Based on the tease MG just tweeted, I don't think he is living there. He's probably just hurt and/or sick and/or distressed and she offers him a place to stay. I bet he's still sleeping on the cot in the foundry.

Also it was completely trashed. He'd find it difficult to find a nook to sleep in at first.

I really thought we'd seen the last of that place considering they said there'd be new sets.

So...the second location was a dud?

Edited by ArrowLimbo

I wonder how they're going to justify keeping the foundry since a) it was compromised and b) Isabel said the Queens no longer own it.

I bet Oliver has miraculously regained ownership of Verdant when the season starts (if not before).

Even though Slade's (temporarily, I'd imagine) in lockup on Lian Yu, are they counting on the Mirakududes who trashed the place losing their memory? I guess they could explain away all the people who shouldn't know about the foundry not being a threat anymore, but it's still stupid to keep that base of operations. I guess maybe they couldn't afford another set? IDK.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Based on the tease MG just tweeted, I don't think he is living there. He's probably just hurt and/or sick and/or distressed and she offers him a place to stay. I bet he's still sleeping on the cot in the foundry.

I was thinking it meant Oliver was/is living with Felicity? I think tonight maybe turned into a few months, if it did I really want to see it on the show also. Even though the comics are technically considered canon, what happens in them doesn't count to me unless it's actually on screen.

• Love 1

I was thinking it meant Oliver was/is living with Felicity? I think tonight maybe turned into a few months, if it did I really want to see it on the show also. Even though the comics are technically considered canon, what happens in them doesn't count to me unless it's actually on screen.

I really hope they don't go there. I feel like Oliver would sleep curled up on the top rung of the salmon ladder before he'd willingly move in with Felicity at this point, given the way we now know he feels about her.

• Love 2

Them moving in together would certainly go a ways to explaining Oliver "embracing" his Olicity feels but, maybe Sara actually opens his eyes in the premiere before he considers it seriously.

Regardless, I know someone in the writers room is reading fan fiction.

• Love 3

Them moving in together would certainly go a ways to explaining Oliver "embracing" his Olicity feels but, maybe Sara actually opens his eyes in the premiere before he considers it seriously.

Regardless, I know someone in the writers room is reading fan fiction.

I think someone in there also reads a lot of VC Andrews.

I really hope they don't go there. I feel like Oliver would sleep curled up on the top rung of the salmon ladder before he'd willingly move in with Felicity at this point, given the way we now know he feels about her.

Exactly!  Really, really hoping this is just MG trolling fans because the more I think about it, the more I hate the idea.

Edited by MsSchadenfreude

Guggenheim is especially a rabble rouser when it comes to tweeting Felicity/Oliver lines. He tweeted "You'll always be my girl" for 2x14 (and I hoped it would be to Thea or Sara anyone but Felicity) and "I love you" from the finale..

Every dialogue tease that I could find from MG & AK between S1-S2 was always Felicity related, either something she said or something said to her...I looked it up last season because I was curious.

I think someone in there also reads a lot of VC Andrews.

I read some Q&A recently, I think it was Tori Spelling, and she said VC Andrews was her favorite author.  LOL for days.

I don't want Oliver to move in/crash with Felicity either.  TBH the whole "exploring Oliver's feelings" makes me side eye the writers.  I'm just not ready for this and I can't see how it will end well.  There are just too many writing pitfalls that can happen along the way.  Doesn't this seem better suited for a fall finale/break?

VC Andrews? Why? Wikipedia just told me she sometimes wrote about incest.

Well, that's why, haha. Thea having a crush on Tommy, the fact that Oliver banged his father's mistress (not that that's incest, but it is the weird kind of family sexual stuff that would be in one of her novels).

• Love 1

Every dialogue tease that I could find from MG & AK between S1-S2 was always Felicity related, either something she said or something said to her...I looked it up last season because I was curious.

I guess he knows what gets the internet buzzing. 

So we're keeping the original foundry? I thought they would be moving to foundry 2.0 that Oliver was hiding out in though I prefer 1.0. 

Oh man, now I have to decide if I should get the digital comics or the print version. Decisions, decisions.