Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

That is true. However, I really think it would be a major, major cop-out to build a season long death up and, have it be a character that is essentially a red shirt.

And yet all I can say is bring on the cop-out!  Cause I know it's not going to be Laurel and I don't want to loose anyone else. 

How does Barry catch wind of baby drama? And does Oliver hop over from the farm to deal with that or is the trajectory Central City - Star City - Central City - farm? The logical explanation would be that this happens at the end of 4x08, once they deflect Savage, but there are those photos of Barry, Oliver and the Hawks in Central City. And Barry and Oliver apparently dop by Jitters at one point as well.

• Love 1

All I know is, I better hear loud complaints from around the interwebz about Arrow descending to soap opera level storylines again because if a secret child poppoing up doesn't scream soap opera I don't know what does

• Love 2

Is it wrong that I'm relieved this is all happening in 408?

Btw, I read on Twitter that the person who first said it 410 later said they made a mistake. I can't find a source, so if anyone can, please share?

Edited by dtissagirl

You know, just when I start to get annoyed with the crossover being all about people I neither know nor care about, they remind me how much I enjoy Oliver and Barry together. They've got such a good, snippy, but friendly sibling vibe. They're different people and can and do get exasparated with one another, but they portray that they really like each other at the same time. I remember that Barry and Thea are supposed to interact. I wonder whether they gang up on Oliver at some point.

• Love 7

I'm guessing Barry finds out about Oliver's possible (he still could turn out to be some other dude's!) kid thanks to Cisco's vibing it, maybe?

Also, did Oliver say that kid's name is William? If he turns out to have telekinetic powers and/or alien-technology manipulation, by way of the particle accelerator blast or whatever, I will lmao! What is it with freaking babies/children named William trying to ruin my shows with their unnecessary presences?

Edited by SleepDeprived
  • Love 5

Now that we have to deal with it, I'm still holding on to the hope the kid's not Oliver's. LET ME DREAM.

Glad it happens in Flash 2x08 and not Arrow 4x10 at least.

I'm down right convinced he's not Oliver's until proven otherwise for the simple reason that the show will have no clue what to do with the kid if it turns out he is Queen, the next generation. The revelation is on The Flash, but Oliver's definitely meeting the mom on Arrow. He's wearing the same outfit as on the farm and that's on the Arrow part of the crossover.

• Love 2

The revelation is on The Flash, but Oliver's definitely meeting the mom on Arrow. He's wearing the same outfit as on the farm and that's on the Arrow part of the crossover.

Thanks for pointing that out. Well, at any rate I'm glad it happens in the crossover and not in 4x10.‎

• Love 1

Not watched the promo because I'm in denial and don't want to even see anything about baby mama drama until the episode but…William? Really? That is so not the name I would have picked.

I have a terrible feeling he's not going to tell Felicity either which would be a) bullshit considering that's not what their relationship has ever been like (if he was with Laurel then yeah he'd totally lie, but Felicity? Absolutely not) and b) so unfair to Felicity considering he proposes to her in the following episode. That's not the kind of thing you keep from someone you want to be your wife.

I hope I'm wrong. I really hope that's not his kid at all tbh but we're not that lucky.

Edited by Guest

Is it wrong that I'm relieved this is all happening in 408?

Btw, I read on Twitter that the person who first said it 410 later said they made a mistake. I can't find a source, so if anyone can, please share?

408 certainly makes way more sense then 410 given what we know/suspect about 409-410.
  • Love 2

I'm trying to be thankful today - but I really hate the baby mama drama storyline.  I really hope that William turns out NOT to be Oliver's kid and that the baby mama was just scamming Moira for money. Oliver may not tell Felicity at first because the kid would be from a time in his life when he was a screwup and because he's afraid of messing up their relationship - esp. since he recently feared that she was going to break up with him.  But I think he'll finally come clean before he proposes (if he proposes).

I do really love the Oliver and Barry dynamic.  I could watch scenes of them together every week.

As for who's in the grave, I still think that it won't be Laurel.  It seems that producers often have a blindspot then it comes to their projects (something that's unpopular with the audience but that they love and can't let go).  George Lucas' blindspot was Jar Jar Binks.  Rob Thomas' blindspot was Piz.  The Smallville EPs' blindspot was Lana Lang.  I think the Arrow EPs' blindspot is Laurel/BC.

• Love 2

Ha! Maybe Cisco sees a kid, Oliver thinks it's Baby Mama's kid, and instead..Felicity's pregnant!

LOLOLOLOL There's a river in Egypt..

So far, the visions have been activated by Cisco touching either the person, or something that belongs to the person. So if it's Cisco that figures it out, then he bumps into Baby Mama and/or the kid at Jitters? And then sees something that makes him realize the kid might be Oliver's? I have no idea what, though.

I'm keeping hope that since Wendy Mericle said this would be a storyline for both Oliver AND Felicity, that Oliver won't keep it a secret from her.

• Love 4

Literally the only thing I kind of want to see about this whole dumb kid storyline is Laurel's reaction. She literally can't escape reminders of his cheating and how badly he treated her. Though I'm starting to think she'll probably just shrug and be like 'I'm surprised there's only one child.' Haha.

What's wrong with William as a name? I feel like I'm missing something.

The X-Files had a thing for "William". Fox William Mulder. His father was William Mulder. Scully's father was William Scully. Her brother was William Scully Jr. Then in the seasons THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN [because I didn't watch them, duh], Mulder and Scully had a kid named William.

• Love 4

The X-Files had a thing for "William". Fox William Mulder. His father was William Mulder. Scully's father was William Scully. Her brother was William Scully Jr. Then in the seasons THAT DIDN'T HAPPEN [because I didn't watch them, duh], Mulder and Scully had a kid named William.

Hahaha! I hated that plotline sooo much. Chris Carter can suck it. :)))) Incidentally, after they shipped off that miraculous alien baby to get adopted by some couple in a farm (I think), he was pretty much forgotten by the show and only obliquely referenced now and again. Here's hoping Arrow's William goes by way of X-Files' William.

• Love 1

So far, the visions have been activated by Cisco touching either the person, or something that belongs to the person. So if it's Cisco that figures it out, then he bumps into Baby Mama and/or the kid at Jitters? And then sees something that makes him realize the kid might be Oliver's? I have no idea what, though.

I'm keeping hope that since Wendy Mericle said this would be a storyline for both Oliver AND Felicity, that Oliver won't keep it a secret from her.

I don't know, I'll just keep cooking the least plausible theories up until we find out, haha. 

I'm hoping too that Oliver will tell Felicity, mostly because of the proposal in the next episode. Fingers crossed.

My least favorite option (and the least likely) is that this is going to be some play on the DNA on the arrow misdirect, like, Cisco Vibes on the mom and sees old Oliver and her waiting out a pregnancy test, Moira telling her to take the money and leave (Cisco has a seriously plot-happy power!), and so Oliver thinks he's William's father. He goes over there thinking the kid is his, she says "Oh...nah." Oliver goes and tells Felicity about the whole thing and she's like, "About that whole father thing, there's something I need to tell you..." And then a terrible thing happens the following episode. 

I don't think they'll go that dark, but these people worry me, so I like to prepare myself for all possible options.

• Love 1

My least favorite option (and the least likely) is that this is going to be some play on the DNA on the arrow misdirect, like, Cisco Vibes on the mom and sees old Oliver and her waiting out a pregnancy test, Moira telling her to take the money and leave (Cisco has a seriously plot-happy power!), and so Oliver thinks he's William's father. He goes over there thinking the kid is his, she says "Oh...nah." Oliver goes and tells Felicity about the whole thing and she's like, "About that whole father thing, there's something I need to tell you..." And then a terrible thing happens the following episode. 

I don't think they'll go that dark, but these people worry me, so I like to prepare myself for all possible options.

Do you mean Felicity being pregnant? Because I had thought that myself. I don't think they'd do that, at least I hope not. But yeah, I get being prepared.

I'd just rather he wasn't Oliver's kid at all because if he's not Connor then what the hell is the point of it all?

And I did wonder if the kid wasn't his maybe Oliver met Sandra in flashbacks and she went on to have Connor then. But seeing as there's no sign of any Sandra anywhere, it's looking more and more unlikely. 

Edited by Guest

Also the show dropped the potential baby-bomb all the way in season 2. Then season 3 he saw Sandra in Jitters. It would be such bait if they teased a pregnancy with Felicity instead of Oliver having a kid.

Goodness knows Sandra looked guilty in that clip but it could've been the editing.

I need Baby Mama to be called Sondra instead of Sandra just for lols.

Also --

Dear Oliver,

if/when Baby Mama tells you the kid is not your son, GET A DNA TEST ANYWAY.

Best regards,

dtissagirl

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 8

Also the show dropped the potential baby-bomb all the way in season 2. Then season 3 he saw Sandra in Jitters. It would be such bait if they teased a pregnancy with Felicity instead of Oliver having a kid.

Goodness knows Sandra looked guilty in that clip but it could've been the editing.

She did look like she knew the day was probably coming. 

I'm sure he's going to wind up being Oliver's kid, but I'll come up with other theories until it's confirmed in-show. I just really don't want a kid on here, and don't see the point of this at all, especially if the kid isn't Connor. 

I've been avoiding spoilers like a rash, has there been anything about Oliver dealing with whatever he finds out in this episode of The Flash?

I'm weirdly serene about it affecting Oliver and Felicity. A child outside of a couple would cause drama to the most stable relationship. But I'm trusting the writers right now because so far their relationship has been handled well.

• Love 2

There's been no spoilers about the fallout of him finding out he has a kid. But then they've kept it pretty quiet (BTS filming pictures aside) until this promo so...

Well, the way he deals with it is the next episode Oliver proposes to Felicity? So the resolution can't be terrible for O/F.

And the main reason I don't want a pregnancy/scare/miscarriage storyline for Felicity is bc I don't want a proposal and a pregnancy at the same time. TOO MUCH AT THE SAME TIME.

But hey, bless whoever cut this promo in Australia who thinks Arrow is a day time soap. I wish I was a fly on the wall when Guggie watches this promo and gets super mad and there's nothing he could have done about it anyway.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 2

I've been avoiding spoilers like a rash, has there been anything about Oliver dealing with whatever he finds out in this episode of The Flash?

I'm weirdly serene about it affecting Oliver and Felicity. A child outside of a couple would cause drama to the most stable relationship. But I'm trusting the writers right now because so far their relationship has been handled well.

The only thing I can recall is a comment from WM about how there's an emotional storyline for Oliver and Felicity in 408 that will play out for the rest of the season. We all assumed (correctly) that it was the baby Mamma stuff. Although, how that plays into the rest of the season is anyone's guess. Maybe the kid will make more appearances on Arrow? Maybe we'll have a relationship story where Olicity are on different pages with the thought of kids?

I just hope they don't go the secrets and lies route

Edited by Morrigan2575

My biggest worry is Oliver keeping it a secret. As I've said before, it doesn't line up with how they've presented their relationship so if he lied it would feel nothing but contrived, like they're setting them up to fail. Also it's shitty to propose to someone without telling them they're basically a Step-mom.

But also, if it's the case that Felicity doesn't want kids, would that be okay with Oliver? Why would he still propose to her if he found out she doesn't really want the same things as him? Because I'm guessing Oliver definitely wants a family someday and IMO, knowing they want different things should make him hesitate on the proposal.

Of course it's quite possible that he tells Felicity and everything is fine for now. I could also see it being all happy happy with the lead up to the proposal before it all goes to hell in 409.

So I just can't figure out how it's gonna play out. I'm reserving full on judgement/fear over it right now but I definitely have my preferences. 

I'm not excited about Baby Mama drama but I am rather chill about it.

I have a hard time believing they will go the 'secret and lie' route. They have written them so well so far and one thing they keep saying is Oliver and Felicity will be facing things together this season.

• Love 5

I have given thought to Felicity not wanting kids for various reasons: her being abandoned by her dad and not wanting to potentially do that to a kid considering what their night time activities consist of. Felicity wanting a kid, just not now (which I totally get from her POV).

If there is conflict over this child and potentially how much time Oliver plans to spend with him, she might have an issue with him not being involved enough. But I don't see that happening.

I feel like if it IS a half season long arc then her dad will tie in somehow.

I just read something awful: Lance-Donna-Daddy Smoak triangle. *crying inside*

Has there been any sign of Anna Hopkins filming lately? It's a terrible time for Oliver to find out he has a kid, but it seems strange to me that Oliver would find that out and then it would be completely dropped for at least 3-4 eps (so far). I guess he could visit the kid/talk to the kid off-screen, which might give us some clue as to how they'd handle him being a dad. Ugh.

Edited by apinknightmare

Well they could go the very clichéd route of Oliver tells Felicity they're OK and both on the same page then the accident happens and now (for whatever TV reason) Felicity can't have kids. Which could definitely lead to an emotional storyline for both characters individually and as a couple.

The reverse is also a possibility (but a slip/retread), after Felicity gets hurt, Oliver decides he can't have a family because he puts them in danger.

I don't want either but I wouldn't put it past TPTB to go for the clichéd angsty route.

Well they could go the very clichéd route of Oliver tells Felicity they're OK and both on the same page then the accident happens and now (for whatever TV reason) Felicity can't have kids. Which could definitely lead to an emotional storyline for both characters individually and as a couple.

This is my concern. No thank you!

• Love 3