Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I'm really hoping that Laurel is able to get in on the lighter tone of the show and get some comedic scenes.

tumblr_nw2kzcZnyG1todsfoo1_540.gif

Get it Black Canary!

I get that they want to do a really cool stunt with Laurel, but this is just all kinds of stupid. The zipline isn't even anchored yet. Oliver would be falling down and getting smashed into the ground along with Laurel. Arrow, as always, has to work too hard when it comes to Laurel and ends up doing something laughable instead (i.e. kid in station, the no-cable jump from the building last year). 

• Love 8

Until told otherwise, I'm just going to assume that all of Starling has suspected that Oliver's the Arrow for like two years and everyone let out a giant [offscreen] "duh" at Quentin's announcement last season. And no one believes the story about Roy being the Arrow. They just repeat it to rile up Lance.

I think that BC stunt looks really cool, even if it doesn't make total sense. I should probably mention that I liked most of Legolas' random physics defying stunts in LotR too.

• Love 1

I'm telling you, every low level crook knows it's Oliver, because they've heard the names "Diggle" and "Felicity" spoken aloud by the Hood/Arrow, and if they google those names together, the first result is a tabloid pic that's captioned "Pictured: QC CEO Oliver Queen, accompanied by his EA Felicity Smoak, and his bodyguard, John Diggle".

• Love 15

I don't think it's just related to Laurel though-they're always doing ridiculous shit with that zip line. This is just the most recent example, and one of the more obvious ones. #ziplineintothemoon4eva

True, but I can easily pretend there's a very tall crane in the distance and that's what Oliver was shooting for. There's knowing it doesn't work that way, and actually seeing it really doesn't work that way. Much easier to handwave the former.

• Love 1

Okay the nickname "Buckles" for Laurel makes me laugh just as hard as when I use to read "Struggle Witch" for Katrina on "Sleepy Hollow". The writers did Katrina wrong and the Arrow writers continue to just GET Laurel wrong. With that said though I DO NOT know what they can do to get her right. Her character has been handled so badly IMO since the beginning. Then the whole killing of Sara and her picking up the mantle (without proper training) and getting her ass kicked left and damn right. Not to mention the reason her ass got kicked left and damn right is because the writers tried to rush her into an hero action figure and no one was buying it. I honestly don't know what the writers can do to redeem Laurel because in my eyes they are unwittingly or knowingly pretty much making her sometimes the comic relief and as stated I don't think that is their intended purpose but that's usually how its perceived by the general audience and some reviewers. Almost every review/recap of the "Green Arrow" episode spoke on how ridiculous the whole "you're strong" kid scene was. If it was to try to bring her full circle as a hero like Sara running into a burning building and saving a kid and then being labeled a "HERO" then they failed miserably with the set up for Laurel.

I'm hoping they do better by Laurel but I'm also of the mindset she really has no good place on Arrow right now. Seems like short of resurrecting Sara and being betrayed to some degree by her father she doesn't have much going for her this season. Maybe they'll give her and Speedy some adventures but I just don't think she's captivating enough to hold too many viewers attention span . I honestly don't know what they can possibly do with Laurel right now. I don't want her character killed I just want her to be written better and for her to act better, hopefully both will happen. 

She could possibly be a likable character and she's not my favorite but I can tolerate her (most times) but she is a part of the Arrow-verse for better or worse right now and I guess forever in the comics (not a big reader so I don't know what her future is in them).

Edited by Ann Mack
  • Love 2

I'm telling you, every low level crook knows it's Oliver, because they've heard the names "Diggle" and "Felicity" spoken aloud by the Hood/Arrow, and if they google those names together, the first result is a tabloid pic that's captioned "Pictured: QC CEO Oliver Queen, accompanied by his EA Felicity Smoak, and his bodyguard, John Diggle".

Exactly. They must know or someone must connect the dots at some point. We have Thea running around as Speedy and Oliver calls her Speedy in public. Laurel was just chillaxing in her BC mask in the Police station like she's not there as the ADA sometimes what even was that?! And then Oliver's GA broadcast. And what if they say Felicity's name over comms and then the Mayor-to-be is dating the CEO of PT who happens to be called Felicity. Seriously. Star City citizens are so dumb. LOL.

I get that they want to do a really cool stunt with Laurel, but this is just all kinds of stupid. The zipline isn't even anchored yet. Oliver would be falling down and getting smashed into the ground along with Laurel. Arrow, as always, has to work too hard when it comes to Laurel and ends up doing something laughable instead (i.e. kid in station, the no-cable jump from the building last year). 

How is it just related to Laurel though? In the premier we had Diggle appear out of nowhere in the van with GA/DD, we have DD just mysteriously disappear after being shot, we had Diggle be affected in no way when he tells Laurel to blow the van in the beginning of the episode. Last season we have Oliver shooting off into the night, him just leaving Roy unconscious after their meta battle. It has nothing to do with just Laurel with them trying to make her look badass.

Edited by Primal Slayer

Ughh I know he's teasing but Oliver's been saving Star(ling) city for 3 seasons now. Can the Flash writers stop taking shots at Oliver, it's getting old.

I totally agree. Did the writers who migrated to Flash hold a grudge against Arrow or something? 

Maybe Oliver has some crossbows set up somewhere. More surprise arrows into Barry's back for being so smug.

• Love 2

We're probably going to find out that he's been magically inoculated against the freeze whammy because you know, he's seen stuff.

ETA: Or the James Bond route

"Do you expect me to talk?"

"No, Mr. Bond, I expect you to die!"

Such a great scene, except then I think he straps him to the table for the slowest eviscerating laser ever, right?

• Love 2

Oliver spent 3 years being top dog and expecting people to follow his orders, now it is more of a democracy. But Diggle/Quentin were the only ones who were really disrespectful to him. He can't expect after the end of last season to drive off into the sunset and people be fine with him when they never got to work out their issues.

I'm not as much bothered by others mocking Oliver as I am by the fact that every time it happens, I remember they wrote him as Batman instead of Green Arrow for three years. He should be the one mocking everyone instead.

• Love 4

I love that it's a democracy even though the two times we've seen these people needing to operate as a team without Oliver, they've needed Oliver to swoop in for help. Not arguing that it shouldn't be a democracy, just that they've utterly failed to show that any of these people can function as an effective team without Oliver (which I'm glad for, btw). But since that's not what they're trying to sell, writing fail!

I'm not as much bothered by others mocking Oliver as I am by the fact that every time it happens, I remember they wrote him as Batman instead of Green Arrow for three years. He should be the one mocking everyone instead.

I don't mind mocking, because Oliver definitely has qualities that need to be mocked. The way they talk about him over on The Flash, like he's some kind of POS masquerading as a hero, and that Barry's 10 times the person Oliver is irritates me. Last time I checked, as much dumb shit as Oliver's done, he hasn't nearly erased existence by being a dumbass. IN YOUR FACE, ALLEN. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 22

I love that it's a democracy even though the two times we've seen these people needing to operate as a team without Oliver, they've needed Oliver to swoop in for help. Not arguing that it shouldn't be a democracy, just that they've utterly failed to show that any of these people can function as an effective team without Oliver (which I'm glad for, btw). But since that's not what they're trying to sell, writing fail!

For sure. The writers are trying to have their cake and eat it to. They should've shown TA winning some battles before The Ghosts popped up.

tumblr_nw2q956Shd1u9xshqo1_540.gif

I'm trying to figure out what is going on in this scene, if I didn't know any better I would think it was Flash taking out the minion, but I'm guessing someone is swinging something?

Yeah, Oliver has made some stupid decisions but they need to chill with the Barry Allen smugness over being a baby hero. I find that so off-putting. 

tumblr_nw2q956Shd1u9xshqo1_540.gif

I'm trying to figure out what is going on in this scene, if I didn't know any better I would think it was Flash taking out the minion, but I'm guessing someone is swinging something?

It looks like someone drives a truck into him. Felicity, is that you?

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Did anyone else catch The Flash coffee?  One shot of espresso in drip coffee.  Seriously, if that's the best they can do (because there should be at least 3 shots of espresso for the real effect), then Oliver should be happy there is no Green Arrow coffee because it would probably involve peppermint being added.

Add me to the list of people who have had it with the Central City team being mean to Oliver. It's not funny any more.

I like the shot of Speedy Canaries.  I hope the fight scenes live up to it.

Exactly. They must know or someone must connect the dots at some point. We have Thea running around as Speedy and Oliver calls her Speedy in public. Laurel was just chillaxing in her BC mask in the Police station like she's not there as the ADA sometimes what even was that?! And then Oliver's GA broadcast. And what if they say Felicity's name over comms and then the Mayor-to-be is dating the CEO of PT who happens to be called Felicity. Seriously. Star City citizens are so dumb. LOL.

Their officials are stupid too, thinking that if they rename Starling to Star City, people will want to come and live there.

Yes, you're right.  And I did enjoy O/F in 401 (until the last 2 minutes).  In the past few years, I was blindsided by personal tragedy, so now I hate surprises.

And you lived through s3 of Arrow so you know what happens while you're hoping for the best.  Hope for the best, prepare for the worst.

(I'm sorry about what has happened irl.)

• Love 2

I'd love to see the reaction to that. Felicity driving the truck into a minion that's about to shoot BC in the back while she's being situationally unaware during a fight? Hmm...
  • Love 4

Stop looking at the camera, KC.

The only thing I can figure is maybe that was intentional. Like maybe we are seeing the perspective of someone who's filming what they are doing on screen? Like a POV thing. Otherwise...yikes.

• Love 2

Their officials are stupid too, thinking that if they rename Starling to Star City, people will want to come and live there.

Well, that goes without saying. Haha. But I don't care about the name change of the city. I mean, it bugs me that it's about honoring Ray because ugh but this is a comic canon fan service-y thing I don't really mind because it doesn't change anything in the show or the characters.

Hahaha funny they could make that an inside joke from the show to the audience, I'll accept that gift w/as smile. I do hope when they have Speedy, Best Black Canary (Sara) and Back-up Black Canary (Laurel) fighting they incorporate Felicity either there with them or assisting them by being another pair of eyes for them from her computer. That would be all kinds of awesome to have ALL the ladies of Arrow involved!

How is it just related to Laurel though? In the premier we had Diggle appear out of nowhere in the van with GA/DD, we have DD just mysteriously disappear after being shot, we had Diggle be affected in no way when he tells Laurel to blow the van in the beginning of the episode. Last season we have Oliver shooting off into the night, him just leaving Roy unconscious after their meta battle. It has nothing to do with just Laurel with them trying to make her look badass.

Never said it's just Laurel. But since you gave examples, I have to say those stunts weren't exactly supposed to be hero moments for the characters, as my examples about Laurel were. As for DD mysteriously disappearing, well, the guy can block arrows midair. 

• Love 4

The only thing I can figure is maybe that was intentional. Like maybe we are seeing the perspective of someone who's filming what they are doing on screen? Like a POV thing. Otherwise...yikes.

BC is starting a coy little smile at the end of the GIF, so I wonder if that's why the POV is focused on her face like that. However, with the way KC plays LL/BC, I can't tell if it's a gleeful smile because (a) she was saved and the bad guy bit the dust, (b) she and the driver (please let it be Felicity!) set a trap and the bad guy bit the dust, © she can hear OQ/GA being tortured by DD and she always gets off a little on his pain, or (d) the camera is on her and smiling in her mask is her new thing now.  

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 10

Stop looking at the camera, KC.

I'm just curious as to why she is situationally unaware there is a gun man about to shoot her but yet she has time to vogue for the camera. Thank goodness for the driver of the vehicle taking the masked gunman out!

• Love 2

Never said it's just Laurel. But since you gave examples, I have to say those stunts weren't exactly supposed to be hero moments for the characters, as my examples about Laurel were. As for DD mysteriously disappearing, well, the guy can block arrows midair. 

Oliver disappearing into the night isn't a hero moment? Digg saving Oliver wasn't heroic? 

I'm just curious as to why she is situationally unaware there is a gun man about to shoot her but yet she has time to vogue for the camera. Thank goodness for the driver of the vehicle taking the masked gunman out!

Or maybe she is smiling because she knows the van is coming?

BC is starting a coy little smile at the end of the GIF, so I wonder if that's why the POV is focused on her face like that. However, with the way KC plays LL/BC, I can't tell if it's a gleeful smile because (a) she was saved and the bad guy bit the dust, (b) she and the driver (please let it be Felicity!) set a trap and the bad guy bit the dust, © she can hear OQ/GA being tortured by DD and she always gets off a little on his pain, or (d) the camera is on her and smiling in her mask is her new thing now.  

I'm going with D

Okay does this particular picture (just this one) remind anyone else of "Grumpy Cat"? I am being serious and in no way trying to be mean or off-putting. This is the first thing that came to mind when I saw this picture though (honest truth)!

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CREkv6pW8AIVXsI.jpg

I can see how you got there LOL

• Love 1

C, definitely C!

• Love 2

Lol when I saw that gif I just wanted to yell "YO LAUREL stop looking into the camera, you're in a fight and someone's about to shoot you, this isn't a photoshoot!"

But that's just me...... *looks away*

ETA: I have to admit though, she does look pretty. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 2

Lol when I saw that gif I just wanted to yell "YO LAUREL stop looking into the camera, you're in a fight, this isn't a photoshoot!"

But that's just me...... *looks away*

@ wonderwall. . . .away from the camera? ;-)

(added the BC wink so you'd know for sure I was being lighthearted)

Edited by EmeraldArcher
  • Love 3

I'm definitely looking forward to 4x06 regardless of Ray Palmer...

• Supportive Oliver
  • Felicity feeling like this was all her fault (typical hero response :'))
  • Curtis/Oliver meet and have that hilarious exchange
  • DONNA
  • possible make up sex? Yes?
  • Yin Yang Kiss :')
  • DONNA

That being said... WHERE THE EF ARE MY DIGGLE PREVIEWS. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE YEAR OF DIGGLE

Also I know the death conversation is getting stale, but I find it hilarious that people think that Curtis can replace Felicity in the arrow cave... Isn't he supposed to be Mr. Terrific? Isn't he supposed to be out in the field saving people too? Why would people want him to be stuck in the Arrow Cave if he has a comic destiny to fulfill? Or is this just the hate talking? Because it really makes no sense. Either they should follow the comics, or they shouldn't. They can't pick and choose what should be canon and what shouldn't. 

• Love 3

I knew I could count on you to pick C or the copyright symbol!

I'm starting to understand her smile at the little boy better--he's a male she hasn't met before and therefore hasn't disappointed or disgusted her.  

I mean, I'm really tired of him being physically tortured all the time, but I do think Laurel would enjoy it.

• Love 2

Or maybe she is smiling because she knows the van is coming?

If it turns out that she knows the van is coming, that sure would be a cool moment for her. Hope it's not the same episode as the magic zipline; have to spread out those moments to keep reminding the audience just how cool she is.

• Love 2

If it turns out that she knows the van is coming, that sure would be a cool moment for her. Hope it's not the same episode as the magic zipline; have to spread out those moments to keep reminding the audience just how cool she is.

Agreed. If she knows it's coming, that would be really cool. If she doesn't, she needs to work on being more aware of her surroundings. 

If this ends up being the fake it 'til you make it approach to storytelling, I might actually be impressed. If you repeat it often enough, people will believe it.

That being said... WHERE THE EF ARE MY DIGGLE PREVIEWS. THIS IS SUPPOSED TO BE THE YEAR OF DIGGLE

THIS. I'm trying to convince myself that perhaps Diggle's scenes are just too spoilery right now. But there was nothing about him there. I'm pissed. 

Either they should follow the comics, or they shouldn't. They can't pick and choose what should be canon and what shouldn't. 

But that's just the nature of this argument though because what canon do they mean? There's like 50 years' worth to chose from. They don't get to have it all even though they'd like to try.

Edited by Guest

If this ends up being the fake it 'til you make it approach to storytelling, I might actually be impressed. If you repeat it often enough, people will believe it.

Heck, it worked last year. Put her in the suit, have her hallucinate Sara giving her the nod of approval, presto! OMG, it's BC!!

Part of me would actually be amused if they did give BC a camera mug moment in every group fight this year. She had one in 4x01 when she pauses to wink and smile at the boy while all hell is breaking out behind her. The gif with the truck and the minion seems similar-- she smiles coyly at the camera while someone else takes out the minion. Maybe at the end of the magical zipline scene she lands with a flourish, and I dunno, turns back and gives Oliver a jaunty salute or something. It would be pretty comics-esque. Fanboys would lose their minds.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 2

The only smart ones left peaced out of the city when they dropped the "ling".

• Love 2

I found this wording strange (from Laurel Brown's interview:)

What will happen to Oliver, now that he is back on the Island?

Mericle: He’s going to encounter what we hope is a love interest, a woman that he’s going to fall in love with. And he’s also going to encounter a lot of magic and mysticism, and that is going to inform the present-day in Star City with Damien Darhk.

They hope she's a love interest?  Don't they know for sure yet?  Or have they learned something from all the promotion of Raylicity last season that fell short in the viewing?

I also though this was interesting about Quentin's motivation:

Speaking of Damien Darhk, what is Captain Lance doing working with the bad guy?

Mericle: Lance is working with Damien and we’ll see, later in the season, he did not know exactly what he was signing up for. We’re going to play it really as a crisis for Lance — why he chose to do it and what it means for him. He’s always been the moral center of the show and someone who has lorded his morality over Oliver.

• Love 3

Yeah, Oliver has made some stupid decisions but they need to chill with the Barry Allen smugness over being a baby hero. I find that so off-putting. 

The only solace I take is that perhaps when LoT come on perhaps they will put down BA as much as FLASH writers put down OQ. The whole pecking order thing and all.

But the FLASH writers really do need to a chill a bit and not put BA on so high of pedastal while pissing on OQ.

• Love 3