Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Diggle is going out alone?  It's almost irresistible not to snark about having spent the season creating the Black Canary and The ATOM only to have Diggle have to save Starling City on his own.

I'm with Lyla, it's good that he didn't get himself killed.

It's not specified but it seems that way. This is apparently the first time Dig/Felicity talk about the mission. One would think if Laurel went out with Diggle they would have mentioned it, especially when saying they were glad he didn't get hurt.

This scene was pretty much an information dump on what's been going on in SC since Oliver joined the LoA. Mentioning Laurel would have served to catch everyone up on her as well even though she wasn't in the scene.

It's not specified but it seems that way. This is apparently the first time Dig/Felicity talk about the mission. One would think if Laurel went out with Diggle they would have mentioned it, especially when saying they were glad he didn't get hurt.

This convo kind of made it seem like Diggle went out without Felicity guiding him on the comms, because wouldn't she have known if her info was good by, you know, talking to him while he was out there?

• Love 1

Even Lil Sara thinks Daddy Diggle needs some type of costume. Cutest little cut-to for the adorable Diglet :) Cmon John & identity concealment department, man up and get some new clothes for that fine man! But please avoid the buckles. :)

• Love 5

I think they're out of equipment after the police raided the lair. In 3x19 it was Ray's. Perhaps it will change during the episode? The photos show Nyssa and Laurel at PalmerTech too, if Ray's involved he might provide something other than a base of ops.

ETA: How clever of them to pull out Dig's supposed aversion to masks and costume both in episode and in comics to justify the ridiculousness of him going out without any concealment!

Edited by looptab
  • Love 2

This convo kind of made it seem like Diggle went out without Felicity guiding him on the comms, because wouldn't she have known if her info was good by, you know, talking to him while he was out there?

Oh yeah, Felicity wasn't on Comms either. I think the point of the conversation was just to let the audience know what's going now that Oliver is gone. I wonder if this is leading into them setting up shop at Palmer Technology?

Oh yeah, Felicity wasn't on Comms either. I think the point of the conversation was just to let the audience know what's going now that Oliver is gone. I wonder if this is leading into them setting up shop at Palmer Technology?

Yeah, PT is definitely becoming their new base - MG said as much. 

Even if Star Labs works miracles... it takes months for severely brain injured people to rehab, relearn & regain functions (if they are able to get any back at all). Show a little respect to the reality of her situation/diagnosis/prognosis. So for my acceptance of the story arc, Thea should be hiding from public eye for at least 2-3 months (I would even say until the s4 premeire). There is just no way I will believe or fanwank people in SC not questioning TQ being able to be 100% back to baseline within a few weeks. Her brain damage was so severe that the Doctors implied to pursue alternative measures (essentially withdraw care), there is no easy way to explain her recovery in just 3 weeks. It might even be hard to explain after months of "rehab". Barry was only in a coma, it was implied that Thea was essentially brain dead there's a major difference in rehab options & outcomes. So hopefully, the show won't let me down on this one.

• Love 1

Yeah, PT is definitely becoming their new base - MG said as much.

Oh I know that, I meant I wonder if this scene is being used as a set up to facilitate the move to PT in story. Maybe another D/F scene talking about needing resources and her on the comms.
  • Love 1

They still have the back-up lair, Oliver mentioned going by there to pick up some more weapons after Quentin raided the basement at Verdant.  I suppose working out of Palmer Tech keeps Ray/Atom in the forefront. It must also be easier on Felicity not to have to run between two locations too.

Star Labs can do great things, but even with Barry it took nine months. 

He was in a coma though and they didn't know why. With Thea, it would have been a matter healing the wounds the sword made, not brain damage.  (It was an EKG that flatlined, not a EGG/brain scan.)  They can do incredible things with that sort of thing now.

I just feel sorry for Thea... Roy gone, Oliver gone, stuck in the loft with just Malcolm.

There is just no way I will believe or fanwank people in SC not questioning TQ being able to be 100% back to baseline within a few weeks.

This is Starling City, where billionaire Malcolm Merlyn, who was famous even before he destroyed the Glades and killed over 500 people, can just stroll freely among the people.

Even if Star Labs works miracles... it takes months for severely brain injured people to rehab, relearn & regain functions (if they are able to get any back at all). Show a little respect to the reality of her situation/diagnosis/prognosis. So for my acceptance of the story arc, Thea should be hiding from public eye for at least 2-3 months (I would even say until the s4 premeire). There is just no way I will believe or fanwank people in SC not questioning TQ being able to be 100% back to baseline within a few weeks. Her brain damage was so severe that the Doctors implied to pursue alternative measures (essentially withdraw care), there is no easy way to explain her recovery in just 3 weeks. It might even be hard to explain after months of "rehab". Barry was only in a coma, it was implied that Thea was essentially brain dead there's a major difference in rehab options & outcomes. So hopefully, the show won't let me down on this one.

When did anyone say she was brain dead? She was on a ventilator. Not to delve too far into personal history here, but before she died my mother was a chronic ICU patient, and on more than one occasion I had a doctor tell me I needed to think about removing her from life support and days later she'd be recovering. Granted, she hadn't been run through with a sword, but still. I'm not saying Thea should be out running marathons, but I do think it's a little weird that apparently she's not supposed to leave her house. I mean, apart from medical personnel and Team Arrow, who even knew Thea was sick? It doesn't even seem like SCPD investigated it. Literally no one would question seeing her out and about.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Loved the new clip. Very subtle hint there about Diggle getting some kind of costume next season, or at least a mask. I've never been one for him getting a costume because he's already a hero without one but a mask, for sure. 

It's strange though, this is the kind of thing I expected to see when they all thought Oliver had actually died. I guess knowing for sure where he is means they can mourn him?

Also finally Felicity and Thea are actually acknowledging and talking to each other. Praise! Although I will say I expected Thea to be not so normal since her dip in the pit. Unless she has good and bad moments? I don't know. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 3
I mean, apart from medical personnel and Team Arrow, who even knew Thea was sick? It doesn't even seem like SCPD investigated it. Literally no one would question seeing her out and about.

This is what I was wondering about. Maybe there will be some other reason given as to why she isn't leaving the house during the day, but having a believable recovery time seems a little silly to me. Oh well, so do most things on the show these days I suppose.

Edited by Carrie Ann
  • Love 3

When did anyone say she was brain dead? She was on a ventilator. Not to delve too far into personal history here, but before she died my mother was a chronic ICU patient, and on more than one occasion I had a doctor tell me I needed to think about removing her from life support and days later she'd be recovering. Granted, she hadn't been run through with a sword, but still. I'm not saying Thea should be out running marathons, but I do think it's a little weird that apparently she's not allowed to leave her house.

Sorry to hear about your mother. Its always hard call for medical professions to make to have those conversations with families. There is so much evidence that usually points in one direction or no direction at all. And then every patient is different, so there is no guarantee one way or the other that your loved one won't be the exception or the rule. Very challenging times for families with tough decisions & usually no clear path. Its hard on everyone.

I think they are just trying to keep up the guise that she is recovering. So that is probably why she is not leaving the house. My guess is also that she is probably feeling depression, remorse & guilt so that is also impacting her decision to leave the house even if she was able to.

As for brain dead or not, I guess we don't really know what her serious injuries were. In my line of work, which is in hospital healthcare, her condition indicated to me that she suffered a serious anoxic brain injury (either before, during or after the flatlineing) because if it was any other injury I would imagine the OQ would have given her some time to see if her body could recover from the sword injuries & blood loss. Or the doctors would have mentioned that time maybe an option to allow her to heal and make decisions at a later date. The fact that it seemed like he had no other options besides LP to me indicated that she was clinically brain dead. But thats just my interpretation of what was presented on the screen. It was never fully explained, so everyone is allowed to have their intrepretations. :)

• Love 2

Ok it is REALLY weird not to have Laurel out with Diggle.  Ray, I can kind of understand.  While yes, suit cool and all that, but he and Felicity just split and while she might still be his VP and she did have to return the jet and all that - I can understand her not wanting to send him out into the field just yet (plus BR wasn't available for filming I don't think).  So, I can totally understand things having to get much worse for her to turn back to him for heroing stuff.

Hmm they have a moment in 3x22 right?  I wonder if part of breaking through Oliver's brainwashing is Felicity borrowing Ray's little nanobites?

But anyway, while I know Laurel and Diggle weren't close - she did fight with him and Roy.  I don't entirely understand him going out alone without her helping out.

• Love 1

Loved the new clip. Very subtle hint there about Diggle getting some kind of costume next season, or at least a mask. I've never been one for him getting a costume because he's already a hero without one but a mask, for sure. 

It's strange though, this is the kind of thing I expected to see when they all thought Oliver had actually died. I guess knowing for sure where he is means they can mourn him?

I think this is the EPs finally realizing how ridiculous it is that Diggle is going out there without a decent identity concealment (a baklava? really?) and protection (it was noted in the comics that Roy's Arsenal outfit, as well as Oliver's Arrow suit, are bullet resistant to a certain degree). Especially after the TCA backlash about masks and suits and clamor from fans.

I never fully tied the whole mask thing to being a hero, even though I was indignant that that was the correlation the EPs seemed to have been making. I thought Diggle deserved protection and ID concealer as much as the next person who decides to run around with the Arrow. That said, I hope Digg's thing is just an upgraded versions of his pants and bomber jacket. I said this when it was Oliver, Roy and Laurel running around in "Public Enemy." One person in costume is a vigilante, 2 is pushing it, 3 makes me think of a freaking Halloween party or wandering cosplayers.

But anyway, while I know Laurel and Diggle weren't close - she did fight with him and Roy.  I don't entirely understand him going out alone without her helping out.

Because she's more likely to be a hindrance than help? Because Digg wouldn't really have time to baby sit somebody who doesn't know how to follow directions? Because Digg would have to worry about her when he's likely to be in a fight for his life? Because he doesn't trust whatever abilities she has right now? Just off the top of my head ...

• Love 5

Because she's more likely to be a hindrance than help? Because Digg wouldn't really have time to baby sit somebody who doesn't know how to follow directions? Because Digg would have to worry about her when he's likely to be in a fight for his life? Because he doesn't trust whatever abilities she has right now? Just off the top of my head ...

I meant in terms of how the show developed Laurel as a vigilante and had her working with Diggle and Roy.  As others have said, why bother if they aren't going to use her when it matters?  Per the photos it does look like Laurel, Nyssa, and Diggle are going work together and it looks like are even going to get Thea in on it at Palmer Tech so its all moving in the right direction.  But still, having Diggle go out alone just shows AGAIN how outside the circle Laurel still is and it just leaves you wondering why?  Of course the whole "what the heck are they doing with Laurel" is already going on at least two other threads so I will leave it be here. :)

Edited by nksarmi
  • Love 2
(edited)

They still have the back-up lair, Oliver mentioned going by there to pick up some more weapons after Quentin raided the basement at Verdant.

hah, I would love a scene of Felicity bitching about the yoga studio being incompatible her computers and how she can't role her chair because of that stupid zen garden.

Possibly wrong but I think the scene of Dig/Oliver in NP is from 322, not 321.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

MG said that Laurel is channeling her grief by saving the city (or something like that). But this clip implies Diggle is out there alone. So are they both out there but not working together Or are they covering different areas of the city? But if they are working together just covering different areas, why isn't Laurel mentioned or at the dinner.

Laurel is supposed to go to Diggle and Felicity for help with Nyssa so I'm going to assume that is when they start working together.

Which implies that for three weeks its been Diggle/Felicity/Thea and then Laurel/Nyssa.

• Love 2

Huh. Regarding Thea not going out of the loft and such, I don't really think it has to do with Team Arrow trying to make her recovery time believable or anything like that because of her comatose condition when she left SC. The impression I got was that Thea just doesn't really want to go out because she doesn't have anywhere else to go or can't find it in her to do anything else. Her response saying that she can't go out came after Digg asked her how she was doing about Oliver being gone. I think she's grieving and feeling guilty and lost that she has no one now, except for the Diggles/Felicity, which is why she's thankful that she has their (nightly?) dinners to look forward to. Roy's gone, Oliver's gone, Verdant's off-limits--Thea's pretty much lost almost everything and everyone, as well. I don't blame the girl for not wanting to leave her bed for a few weeks.

• Love 6
Hmm they have a moment in 3x22 right?  I wonder if part of breaking through Oliver's brainwashing is Felicity borrowing Ray's little nanobites?

Sorry, NO. I want Ray Palmer & his little nanobites to have nothing to do with Oliver's brainwashing, breakthrough or recovery. Ray Palmer can provide his services  & office space to the team. Partner with them to save the city. But I want him no where near the return of Oliver Queen from whatever the LoA did to him. 1. It would only serve to prop his character up more (which has been done too much this season) & 2. Its just not organic to the story. Whatever was done to Oliver involved stuff that cannot be undone with nanotechnology. Brainwashing is not just simply fixed by nanobits. I can see no physiological, psychological or mythological reason nanobits would be useful in undoing brainwashing. Its about as realistic as Felicity giving OQ a kiss of true love and that magically curing him, at least that method works in the storybooks & legends.

Honestly, I hope their conversation in someway provides Felicity a little more agency in how they broke up. Its was mutual & amicable break-up, but it still sorta bothers me that she was not the one to initiate it. I enjoy a more active & participatory FS, like she was in 320. I've always found her to be way too passive around RP, which is exactly what their break-up was. So its not that I want her to break his heart or shatter his feelings or anything like that. But I would like for her to acknowledge to him that she should have broken up with him sooner than when she did, and perhaps for reasons beyond just her feelings for Oliver. 

• Love 3

I think this is the EPs finally realizing how ridiculous it is that Diggle is going out there without a decent identity concealment (a baklava? really?) and protection (it was noted in the comics that Roy's Arsenal outfit, as well as Oliver's Arrow suit, are bullet resistant to a certain degree). Especially after the TCA backlash about masks and suits and clamor from fans.

I never fully tied the whole mask thing to being a hero, even though I was indignant that that was the correlation the EPs seemed to have been making. I thought Diggle deserved protection and ID concealer as much as the next person who decides to run around with the Arrow. That said, I hope Digg's thing is just an upgraded versions of his pants and bomber jacket. I said this when it was Oliver, Roy and Laurel running around in "Public Enemy." One person in costume is a vigilante, 2 is pushing it, 3 makes me think of a freaking Halloween party or wandering cosplayers.

Same. My issue, especially this season, has always been that mask/costume = hero and I just rebel so hard against that because Diggle is a hero without it. So is Felicity. But if a mask is what gives Diggle protection (and more time out in the field where he belongs instead of stuck on the sidelines) then I am all for it. I mean, it did look really dumb to see the team out in the field and Diggle's the only one without any identity protection. I like that he might need some convincing though. 

• Love 6

Felicity is in the same outfit in the all the promo material (Foundry, Dinner, Palmer Tech? Outside). Does this take place in a single night?

according to MG, it's a 3 week jump after 320 and then 321-323 take place within a few days. There's an image of Felicity from a coupke of the promos in pants so it's at least 2 days (if we go by her outfits)

Was there another clip released where Thea said they were the only people she's talked to in weeks?

It's strongly implied that her contact with others has been very minimal. 

It's not a stretch to think they'll not show any Thea/Laurel scenes in the last few eps. We don't even know if Laurel will be told that Thea died and was resurrected. 

It's not a stretch to think they'll not show any Thea/Laurel scenes in the last few eps. We don't even know if Laurel will be told that Thea died and was resurrected. 

Well someone would have to explain WHY Oliver is gone and WHY he's with the LoA. So it's heavily implied that Laurel knows what went down with Thea. It's not a stretch to think that Laurel already knows about the situation. I'm sure Felicity told Laurel off screen. 

• Love 5

It's outright said that her contact with others has been very minimal, but at no point was it mentioned that she didn't have contact with Laurel. If she can't leave her loft very often, then Laurel can go see her. She knows where Thea lives - she was just there a few weeks ago. 

And I hope against all hope that when Felicity told Laurel that Oliver joined the League she asked, "why?" if she didn't already know. But you're right, it's not a stretch to think there won't be any Laurel and Thea scenes. 

• Love 1

Since Diggle, Thea, Laurel and Nyssa are all out fighting Evil!Oliver in the promo, there will probably be some joint scenes with Laurel and Thea.

I wonder what the Team Arrow finances are now that Oliver is gone.  You'd think they would have adequate money for comms so Felicity can monitor Diggle, between Oliver's money and Thea's both from MM and her mother's insurance.

They really are acting like Oliver is dead -- which isn't how they were when they thought he was really dead.

They cut the scene of Oliver telling Laurel to protect the city.  Maybe that's why she's not out fighting alongside Diggle.

As for brain dead or not, I guess we don't really know what her serious injuries were. In my line of work, which is in hospital healthcare, her condition indicated to me that she suffered a serious anoxic brain injury (either before, during or after the flatlineing) because if it was any other injury I would imagine the OQ would have given her some time to see if her body could recover from the sword injuries & blood loss.

If the damage to her internal organs was bad enough, especially if it was heart + liver, bad enough that she wouldn't be able to live long enough to get donor organs much less heal her own, I can see why the doctor came out with the transplant authorization form.

That would be kind of awesome. I'd like to see something like that in the comics.

• Love 2

They really are acting like Oliver is dead -- which isn't how they were when they thought he was really dead.

It seems fairly awful that they're not even scheming to get him back.  Especially Thea.  She is the one who went off with a known mass murderer in the first place, now Oliver's given up everything for her twice, and she's not even scheming?  I wouldn't care if it was stupid scheming, but something.  

This show is so weird.  

• Love 2
Well someone would have to explain WHY Oliver is gone and WHY he's with the LoA. So it's heavily implied that Laurel knows what went down with Thea. It's not a stretch to think that Laurel already knows about the situation. I'm sure Felicity told Laurel off screen.

Well I hope so...but until there's even a hint that Laurel knows what went down on screen I'm going to assume she doesn't. 

Well I hope so...but until there's even a hint that Laurel knows what went down on screen I'm going to assume she doesn't. 

I don't think the show wants to waste time recounting what happened in the previous episode on screen tbqh which is why they didn't expand on the scene where Felicity said "Oliver is gone". I think Laurel will know... She's not an idiot. I'm sure she asked Felicity why Oliver has gone to the LoA. 

• Love 2

So happened to be on the Arrow facebook page & I watched their clip from 4/23 @ 2:33p, its all the other pics that we have seen. So there is no new images. But it was interesting in that Felicity said he was "under some League mind oodling"  (or at least thats what I heard), missed that in every other clip Ive seen. But other clips reference OQ's brainwashing. So maybe that just her Smoakeque way of saying it. Or maybe they really are going to be as vague as what plagues EvilOliver as they are about why Ras is so into Oliver.

She said he was under "league mind voodoo."

Watching the new clip, seems like Oliver's still got room for random anecdotes in his noodle, so maybe everything isn't gone yet. There still may be some getting through to him and thank god there is no earring. THAT'S A STEP TOO FAR, SHOW.

• Love 2

Good news. No Earring confirmed. lol

Laurel knows about Oliver joining the League. She tells Nyssa on their date. …. I'm kidding. I think.

Everyone goes thru their seven stages of grief, not just Felicity (isn't it five stages).

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 1

I was wondering if that was a date too. Please show, don't do that.

And if everyone's going through the seven stages of grief, I'mma need them to reach the last stage right quick so they can bring Oliver back to himself. He can keep the League outfit for special occasions though, because he looks hot in it - not ashamed to admit it.

• Love 5

So Ra's is dressing Oliver, he's giving him a new place to live, a new haircut and he's having his ear pierced? You guys ever hear of that creepy Japanese video game where the player raises a young girl to adulthood, getting to choose how she looks, how she dresses and how she behaves (for not at all seedy thrills)? Ra's Al Ghul has.

• Love 1

She said he was under "league mind voodoo."

Watching the new clip, seems like Oliver's still got room for random anecdotes in his noodle, so maybe everything isn't gone yet. There still may be some getting through to him and thank god there is no earring. THAT'S A STEP TOO FAR, SHOW.

Thanks that makes more sense. I tried to listen multiple times but it was very mumbly.

And thank goodness for NO earring. That is beyond a step to far! Only would accept it as a tracker, comms or info collecting device like on Spy shows. But even that would be ridiculous considering it seems like LoA barely has electricity.

"You told me vengeance is justice."

If he remembers that, why wouldn't he remember what Thea, Diggle and Felicity mean to him? And that Nyssa is more sinned against than sinning?  Am I going to have to suspend disbelief even more?  Would he remember that she's gay?

Kubler-Ross had five stages of grief. Arrow is going to have seven.

When Felicity quietly went through the stages of grief in Left Behind, it was poignant and good storytelling. But now everyone is going to go through seven stages each in their individual way?  In one episode?  This is a problem with Arrow, that when they get it right the first time, they do it again, and again, and screw it up.

Darnit, why didn't Felicity think of Oliver getting a piercing before they said goodbye, and making it a nanotech device?

MG said something about the audience getting to see how Nyssa reacts to a normal live since she's been raised in the affection -deprived LoA.  I wouldn't mind seeing some scenes of that, how she reacts to an ice cream sundae, instead of getting all dark and depressing right away.

• Love 3

MG said something about the audience getting to see how Nyssa reacts to a normal live since she's been raised in the affection -deprived LoA.  I wouldn't mind seeing some scenes of that, how she reacts to an ice cream sundae, instead of getting all dark and depressing right away.

I'd really like to see Nyssa mopy and sulky in sweatpants, lounging around and watching crappy daytime television because she got canned from her assassin job. They could have her stay with Thea, and then have Thea get too bummed out by her to be around her all the time.

Honestly, I think that the appeal of characters like the ones on this show sometimes is to just see them doing normal, mundane stuff, and see how they handle it. It doesn't all have to be death-or-glory, thrill-a-minute excitement and melodrama. Show me Nyssa Al Ghul eating a pot noodle and watching Animal Cops Miami.

Edited by Danny Franks
  • Love 14

So Ra's is dressing Oliver, he's giving him a new place to live, a new haircut and he's having his ear pierced? You guys ever hear of that creepy Japanese video game where the player raises a young girl to adulthood, getting to choose how she looks, how she dresses and how she behaves (for not at all seedy thrills)? Ra's Al Ghul has.

I think your character can even marry her eventually, or something like that. Hmm...

So is it seeming like no one is even trying to come up with a plan to get him back?  Like they are just fine leaving him with a murderous group of murderers to be Ra's murdermonkey?  I mean, even just early brainstorming-style scheming?  That really upsets me...they got over him actually dying pretty quickly, now they're fine leaving him there?  Do they just not really give a crap about him?

Also, did Felicity really not even look back when she walked away?  That seems fairly cold, especially combined with the above.

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Felicity drugged the guy to try to get him out, and they all tried to escape with him. Diggle suggested that they just get on the plane and leave, but Oliver wouldn't. I think that proves they give more than a crap about him. Seems like the kind of thing to me that requires a well thought out plan, since they not only have to get Oliver out, they also have to neutralize Ra's as a threat. They get him back, then what. You think Ra's won't murder Thea for real this time? He'd come for Thea and everyone else. 

And we don't know Felicity didn't look back - we only saw a few seconds of her walking. If she didn't, I wouldn't blame her. They couldn't even look at each other after they kissed.

• Love 11

So is it seeming like no one is even trying to come up with a plan to get him back?  Like they are just fine leaving him with a murderous group of murderers to be Ra's murdermonkey?  I mean, even just early brainstorming-style scheming?  That really upsets me...they got over him actually dying pretty quickly, now they're fine leaving him there?  Do they just not really give a crap about him?

Also, did Felicity really not even look back when she walked away?  That seems fairly cold, especially combined with the above.

To be fair though, over the last few weeks they've seen the destruction Ra's is willing to cause just to make Oliver his heir, and if Oliver himself is out of options, what could they do? That's not to say they're not planning something, they could well be, but we might not have all the info yet.

And I don't see Felicity not looking back as cold at all. I think she was trying not to break down and looking back probably wouldn't have helped that resolve. 

• Love 4