Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

As much as I'd like the BC to operate from a different location, unless she's working with Wildcat it doesn't make sense for her to set up a completely different base, especially since Felicity will still be running tech for her now that Oliver has accepted her on the team.  (The idea that her costume dummy will take Roy's place sinks my heart.)  That would mean that Oliver, Diggle, Felicity and presumably Thea would operate from one location and Laurel all by her lonesome from another.

I actually thought they would have Laurel running a separate joint for awhile. I thought they would try and establish her on her own before joining the Team, in respect to BC. But in terms of respecting the origin of BC, all that went to Sara.

• Love 2

As much as I'd like the BC to operate from a different location, unless she's working with Wildcat it doesn't make sense for her to set up a completely different base, especially since Felicity will still be running tech for her now that Oliver has accepted her on the team.  (The idea that her costume dummy will take Roy's place sinks my heart.)  That would mean that Oliver, Diggle, Felicity and presumably Thea would operate from one location and Laurel all by her lonesome from another.

I was wondering if Nyssa might be becoming a regular in S4. (Pure speculation). I wondered if they might do a Laurel/Nyssa/Thea team.

I have also wondered if Diggle might be going to work for ARGUS (or Lyla leaving ARGUS) since DR said something in an interview about Diggle being more open to working with Lyla after the SS episode.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I have to wonder if Arrow isn't the one who clues ATOM in as to what is going on. In one of those pictures it looks like ATOM's standing at a distance all ready to shoot his lasers or whatever and in another he is right in front of him like they are talking. Since the best part of the heated exchange in MG's words is what Arrow calls ATOM perhaps they never come to actual blows/shots? 

It would be funny if Oliver revealed himself to Ray to get him to stand down or something, and then Ray tells Felicity that the Arrow is Oliver Queen because he thinks it'll be a revelation to her. Awkward, haha. 

• Love 9

We only know that KC was shooting in the hanger because there are no photos of her with the others (granted we don't have any of SA and we know he was there), but I wonder if she goes to see the Team off but stays in SC to BC. That would explain her lite shooting schedule.

Watch them resurrect Sara in 3.20 for the spin-off and decide its best not to tell Laurel, that way it doesn't change Laurel's story and Sara can go play in the spin-off.

• Love 1

Maybe those clips of Laurel and Nyssa sparring are a set-up to Nyssa joining Laurel, and not just Nyssa rejecting Ra's since he's offering the throne to Oliver.  (I like the parallel of both Nyssa and Thea pitted against their dads.

The argument against that (sigh) is that with Sara on the new show, it makes more sense to put Nyssa there.

Hey, maybe those ominous tweets were really about the Foundry.

Wow, I love it.  It's the kind of trolling they'd find fun to do, and having Roy and Thea in the new lair would make it less likely Laurel would be there too.

We only know that KC was shooting in the hanger because there are no photos of her with the others (granted we don't have any of SA and we know he was there), but I wonder if she goes to see the Team off but stays in SC to BC. That would explain her lite shooting schedule.

We have a picture of SA in the hanger, it was the first picture posted by Barrowman, of TA (SA, DR, EBR) sitting around the hanger playing on their phones.  From pictures we have seen SA, DR, EBR, JB, and WH, we have KC posting a picture of EBR taken at the hanger shoot which implies that she was there as well.  We have not seen KC, BR, CH or PB in any of the Hanger or "Nanda Parbat" pictures from late last week.

The only reason I can think that there weren't any pics of KC is that Laurel is injured (which would explain what MG said about Laurel going pretty far for Oliver in 3.19). I really hope Laurel/Ray end up staying in SC while everyone else goes to Nanda Parbat.

Edited by drspaceman10
  • Love 3
(edited)

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the new HQ promo makes it seem like Ra's is the one to tell Lance Oliver is the Arrow.

Seriously?  They had Slade drop the truth bomb in 218 and now Ra's in 317?

Someone on this show has a severe cast of OCD.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

I don't know if it's been mentioned before, but the new HQ promo makes it seem like Ra's is the one to tell Lance Oliver is the Arrow.

Yeah, he totally pulls a Slade. Don't know why I expected anything different. Unless they surprise me and Ra's threatens Quentin if he doesn't stop hunting the Arrow without telling him who he is. Although that wouldn't go along with Ra's needing to make Oliver's life completely miserable, so...

Bonus: at least Lance has to break down the door to get into the foundry, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare

That's the first time I saw Ray take off. That was super fast, faster than Iron Man. "Stay away from her"? Hmm. Oooh it would be kind of fun of Ray went deranged though. Slade deranged.

That trailer mostly made me go "what what what?"

The biggest wth moment was definitely seeing Shado.

So, the woman Oliver pushes to the floor before the guys break in with machine guns is Shado or "Shado" or Shado's twin - the striped shirt is the same. 

And it does seem like Ray thinks he's revealing brand new information to Felicity about Oliver being the Arrow. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Malcolm's line in the trailer about the person surviving Ra's al Ghul's sword becoming the next Ra's is so dumb. It's a bad attempt to make the nonsensical offer seem even slightly believable. If the writers had at least put that line into an earlier episode it would still be ridiculous, but...I don't know, at least we would have had a bit of warning.* Ra's is the worst assassin ever so offering Oliver, the worst leader ever, the chance to run the League as about as plausible as anything else on this show.

I did kind of like the promo though. Particularly the Quentin stuff, but we'll see how that goes.

*A warning that doesn't amount to 'these writers quite like Batman comics and Ra's is on the show, so why not recreate a comic moment because reasons'. Eh.

• Love 1

FB Oliver sounds surprised when he says "Shado?"  I still think they;ll pull a twin out of nowhere, maybe to contrast feelings of loss in the past to losing Felicity in the present,

Why would Ra's personally tell Lance about Oliver? Why not just release his secret to the whole police department/city?

Hell hath no fury as an al Ghul scorned.

• Love 1

Not only is Malcolm's line dumb, why didn't he tell Oliver about that in the first place? If it's a prophecy, surely he knew before now? And it's not like he'd have a reason to keep it secret for jealousy purposes, because surely Malcolm would realize that Oliver doesn't give a shit about being Ra's al Ghul?

If they are trolling the death in 3.19, I wouldn't be surprised if he shocks (his power is electricity right?) Felicity dead for a minute or two.

He's totally going to do that and that's what's going to send Ray into his hero crisis because he couldn't save Anna when he wasn't a hero and he couldn't save Felicity when he was one. Or something. 

Not only is Malcolm's line dumb, why didn't he tell Oliver about that in the first place? If it's a prophecy, surely he knew before now? And it's not like he'd have a reason to keep it secret for jealousy purposes, because surely Malcolm would realize that Oliver doesn't give a shit about being Ra's al Ghul?

Worse. What's to stop Oliver from taking the mantle in 3.09 and turing around and killing Malcolm or imprisoning him in the caves?

• Love 1

I don't think he does, he just gave an interview talking about his very light schedule for 310-312 and he wasn't happy/thankful/yay I don't want to be the lead anymore.  His comments were the exact opposite, IMO.  

MG also said in tumblr that Arrow will go on along as SA wants to be on the show. So I think him being the focus or the lead will still be present even if they expand the roles of the other cast. I don't think that SA wants off the show or a diminished tole at all. In his FB interview w/ PB (might have been the one on PB FB) when asked where he sees himself in 10yrs, SA said that he hope to have many good seasons of Arrow and a few more healthy children - that does not sound like a person that wants to see his role diminished. In a few years, who knows, but right now SA seems very content & willing to be the lead. I don't know the drama behind the PaleyFest hold out, but I have a feeling that it might have been connected to his discontent with certain directions that show might have been aiming for but have since changed. I think SA is a team player, but I also think he likes being the leader of the pack & show.

I wonder if Deathbolt in the Starling City Hydro uniform is a clue that powers are legit coming onto the show? I thought maybe this metahuman would be traveling over from Central City, but now I'm not sure. I guess he could be, if he kills an employee and puts the uniform on in order to gain access to the place because he needs it to feed his powers or something, but I'm afraid that this might be a clue that whatever made him meta actually did happen in Starling. 

Why would Ra's personally tell Lance about Oliver? Why not just release his secret to the whole police department/city?

Probably to give Lance a personal vendetta to out and take down the Arrow. By outing Oliver Queen as the Arrow, Ra's is giving Oliver one more reason to not stay in (and protect) Starling City and thus, in his opinion, incentive take over the League and become Ollie al Ghul.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2

He's totally going to do that and that's what's going to send Ray into his hero crisis because he couldn't save Anna when he wasn't a hero and he couldn't save Felicity when he was one. Or something. 

Added bonus of pain for Oliver who is sidelined when Felicity needs him. The writers must think its a win-win.

• Love 4

Nothing would piss off an audience more than letting them know that everything they've invested in over the past three years isn't real.

Agree. I can take a few months at most maybe a year or current season being "not real", but to lose everything of the majority of s1-2 would just be too much. A show like Arrow could not pull that off.

And it does seem like Ray thinks he's revealing brand new information to Felicity about Oliver being the Arrow. 

So Felicity is still going to bide her time to reveal her/Oliver/everyone's secret? Because that "What are you going to do to him?" makes it seem like she obviously hasn't told him. Also just going to save this gif here for future use w/r/t Ray:

thats-brand-new-information.gif

• Love 8

So Felicity is still going to bide her time to reveal her/Oliver/everyone's secret? Because that "What are you going to do to him?" makes it seem like she obviously hasn't told him. Also just going to save this gif here for future use w/r/t Ray:

Didn't she say "what are you going to do?" The way the scene is edited it seems like maybe her response is either "What?" and the "What are you going to do?" is a voiceover from another scene, or that "What are you going to do?" is a part of another scene all together. And it sounds like Ray's response is "I'm going to stop IT," not him. Although it's tough to tell with the loudness. 

As much as I want Oliver to beat Ray, "Stay the hell away from her" doesn't seem like something you say at the start of a scene. Plus Ray's visor is back down. What I'm afraid they'll do instead is have Ray and Oliver's verbal altercation take place - what also seems to be the scene they've teased in promo images - have Ray fry Oliver Emperor-style, then tell him to stay the hell away from "her" and fly off, up up and away.

Please prove me wrong.

Edited by Soulfire

I think the "Stay the hell away from her" scene and the one where he's shooting bolts out of his suit are actually part of the scene where Felicity is getting choked - there's a yellow light behind Felicity similar to the one that's behind Ray in the second picture. Seems like he's going to be coming to her "rescue" there. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Maybe Atom's and Arrow's first altercation is in 3x17 and the other stuff is later. Would Ray attending Diggle's wedding with Felicity if he knew then that Oliver was the Arrow? Would Felicity even take him?

So Ray is in the hospital in 3x18, and Felicity dies in 3x19?   Arrow -- Grey's Anatomy version.

Probably to give Lance a personal vendetta to out and take down the Arrow. By outing Oliver Queen as the Arrow, Ra's is giving Oliver one more reason to not stay in (and protect) Starling City and thus, in his opinion, incentive take over the League and become Ollie al Ghul.

Because who you really want to run the organization you've spent decades (centuries?) building up is a guy who doesn't know anything about it, can't defeat you in a fight, doesn't believe in killing and doesn't want the job.  Good planning there, Ra's.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 3

I think the "Stay the hell away from her" scene and the one where he's shooting bolts out of his suit are actually part of the scene where Felicity is getting choked - there's a yellow light behind Felicity similar to the one that's behind Ray in the second picture. Seems like he's going to be coming to her "rescue" there. 

Could also be this. Honestly don't know which I (don't) want more.

That's the first time I saw Ray take off. That was super fast, faster than Iron Man.

I actually watched the fizzle reel, just to see what I was missing. That moment? Ahahahahhahh! It looked like he just got yanked up out of shot by a hydraulic winch. Only, the cheap CGI version of that. And his lightning power? The Emperor used more realistic lightning to attack Luke thirty years ago. This guy is a joke.

If they have Oliver getting taken down by this chump, even for one fight, then Oliver will lose whatever credibility he had left.

Maybe Atom's and Arrow's first altercation is in 3x17 and the other stuff is later. Would Ray attending Diggle's wedding with Felicity if he knew then that Oliver was the Arrow? Would Felicity even take him?

Yeah, Arrow vs. Atom is supposed to happen in 3x17 alongside the SS stuff. 

And I think Felicity's continued involvement with Ray after knowing Oliver's the Arrow would depend on how he finds out. Could be that Oliver flat-out tells him during their confrontation (because of some reason, I don't know). I mean, if Ray already knows, then what's the point of breaking up with him just because he finds out? Now if the way they cut together that trailer is true and he does threaten to take Oliver down, then I'd understand her breaking up with him because of it. 

Could also be this. Honestly don't know which I (don't) want more.

I posted this upthread, but this is going to be trope-y and Ray is going to be unable to save Felicity from that dude (does she "die"? End up in the hospital for a bit?), and that's what's going to trigger his hero crisis. He went into it so he wouldn't feel helpless again like he did when Anna was getting killed - and despite his suit and fancy gadgets, it's not going to be able to save Felicity. So does he want to keep doing it if he might fail sometimes? 

Edited by apinknightmare

It seems like everything that comes out is giving me more questions. And not in a good way.

Can someone clear something up for me? Which episode is it that Cisco and Joe come over to Starling City? I know it has to be 318-319, but I'm having a hard time fitting it in to what we know so far.

I think the wedding has to be the first 5 or minutes of the episode-Deadshot interrupts the honeymoon. I would think ARROW/ATOM comes afterwards too. Why would Felicity invite Ray to THIS wedding if she knows he's after Oliver?

What happens in 3.19 that has Olicity shippers going WTF per MG? Something between Laurel & Oliver since she goes to great lengths to save him?

• Love 1

What happens in 3.19 that has Olicity shippers going WTF per MG? Something between Laurel & Oliver since she goes to great lengths to save him?

Or it could have something to do with her being choked out by that metahuman. Maybe she gets really hurt?

Didn't MG say that Laurel goes to great lengths for him, not to save him? Just semantics, but it seems like it might matter, haha. 

Edited by apinknightmare

We were talking about this a few pages back, but I don't think Ray is going to try to take Oliver down. I think that was an editing trick in that promo. He's going to find out that Oliver is the Arrow, and maybe for a brief time during an episode he might want to expose him, but I think that might happen in order to force Felicity to admit that she works with him. And maybe to make Ray realize that Oliver was the "more than a friend" she was talking about, since he knew that the Arrow went missing. 

Could be wrong and he does go after him for real, of course. 

Oh, sorry. I hadn't caught up on the thread when I made this comment.

I mean, logically, yes that makes sense. Why have Ray go after Oliver and take him down when they're trying to make the audience like him? The whole point of Ray's arc is to cause trouble with Olicity and introduce him as a hero and I don't think it benefits the 'hero' side of his story to have him go after the show's protagonist. But who else would he be talking about? The meta human, maybe? I guess that makes sense too. 

• Love 1

Or it could have something to do with her being choked out by that metahuman. Maybe she gets really hurt?

Didn't MG say that Laurel goes to great lengths for him, not to save him? Just semantics, but it seems like it might matter, haha.

MG's response was Laurel would go pretty far for Oliver. The question was will we ever see Laurel keep Oliver safe (which is definitely different than save) like he did her in S1 & S2. We know she's in legal mode because of the scene with Cisco so maybe that's it.

I wonder if the WTF is caused by Ray saving Felicity and not Oliver? I hope we don't have to watch her thank him. :(

• Love 1

I just wonder how Laurel is going to jump from that height (the shot with her, Oliver and Roy) without breaking her neck. She did jump through a window, though, so I shouldn't be surprised.

I'm honestly confused with all these spoilers. Is it possible that Faux Arrow is a League member sent by Ra's? 

P.S. What does Quentin say in the asian promo after telling Oliver about Sara?

Edited by looptab
Because who you really want to run the organization you've spent decades (centuries?) building up is a guy who doesn't know anything about it, can't defeat you in a fight, doesn't believe in killing and doesn't want the job.  Good planning there, Ra's.

Oliver not believing in killing isn't necessarily a hindrance to him becoming Head of the League. The League does what its leader commands it to do; if Oliver tells them to stop killing they'll stop killing. Kinda takes the kick out of the 'assassins' bit in the name, but...

If they're really going with the Batman-comics inspired storyline, in one version Batman succeeds Ra's but instead of taking over leadership turns the League into an anti-crime information network. In the end I hope another version from the Batman-comics happens; Nyssa takes over leadership of the League.

Edited by Soulfire
  • Love 2