Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

I think the issue was that she said something like MG told her Oliver would fight for Felicity and then there was zero of that.I don't think she lies about stuff,I think her interpretation was way more positive than a lot of people thought it ended up being.Tbh I knew from MG's interviews that 5.05 was gonna suck,l was just expecting something more like 3.07 which I liked despite it being angsty for olicity and instead imo it was kind of an emotionless way to give Oliver permission to hook up with Susan.

• Love 8

I do expect to be happier about the interviews this year out of SDCC than I was last year -- as long as they don't decide to do a "Well, this is only hypothetical, as long as X isn't dead" after everything that's not about Oliver and William. Or even more than just once. 

I do wonder about the trailer we'll get for season 6. Looking at the CW's YouTube page, iZombie and The 100 each have 5-minute videos. I've only done a quick scan of them, but it looks like they're mostly just recapping the previous seasons? I really don't want to just see a recap of S5 - especially the parts of it I wish I hadn't seen the first time - only for it to end with the island exploding, fade to black while Oliver calls out for anyone to tell him they're alive, maybe even a canary cry tossed in for good measure.

1 minute ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I do wonder about the trailer we'll get for season 6. Looking at the CW's YouTube page, iZombie and The 100 each have 5-minute videos. I've only done a quick scan of them, but it looks like they're mostly just recapping the previous seasons? I really don't want to just see a recap of S5 - especially the parts of it I wish I hadn't seen the first time - only for it to end with the island exploding, fade to black while Oliver calls out for anyone to tell him they're alive, maybe even a canary cry tossed in for good measure.

Someone posted the past Arrow comic con trailers on twitter, and they usually are half recaps half new scenes

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

I'm imagining/dreading a trailer that is Oliver talking to William about the Green Arrow and Team Arrow with liberal amounts of "my son" and "my city". 

• Love 2

Related question: Didn't MG once say that they're the ones who put together the Comic-Con trailer and the sizzle reels, while the CW does the episode promos? 

Also just realized - I'm expecting them to debut the new BC costume in action in the trailer since they've already done that interview and photoshoot for it. 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

Related question: Didn't MG once say that they're the ones who put together the Comic-Con trailer and the sizzle reels, while the CW does the episode promos? 

Also just realized - I'm expecting them to debut the new BC costume in action in the trailer since they've already done that interview and photoshoot for it. 

Yeah I believe he said as much on Tumblr.

• Love 1

They need to insert a big ol cosy Olicity reunion hug in the sizzle reel to send fandom wild!!!!!!!

I'm so excited to see what EBR will wear to SDCC! I've always liked her outfits, even the crazier ones! 

• Love 2
(edited)

I assumed the trailer will show us Oliver in present day with his son and then flashes of the other characters on the island before it blew up (and then it blows up at the end). Lots of action-y stuff. And maybe the introduction of the big bad, or one of them? IDK.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 2

Hopefully not too much William.  The idea of Oliver/William scenes is not really a draw for the new season.

48 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

Marc said that Episode 5 is a HUGE Olicity episode. I asked him if Oliver was giving up and he said, “No! No no non no!” But then he paused and said, “That said, Felicity does say to him, ‘You keep waiting for things to go back to the way they were.’’” She’s talking about the team, but the subtext is their relationship. S

That is verbatim what Marc told her- if people jumped to the conclusion that Olicity were getting back together from that that's on them not on her, and was what Marc told her. I don't think it's fair to attack another person publicly even if it wasn't  too her personally like I saw some of the fandom do to her just because Marc sold the episode in a way fans didn't appreciate.

Oliver saying that he was going to stop waiting for Felicity and move on to another relationship = giving up IMO. 

After the episode aired IIRC jbuffy posted that she was disappointed in the episode.  

I'm not blaming her, I'm just saying I bought a shaker box of salt for the Olicity comments at this SDCC.

• Love 4
(edited)
30 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Did the 100/Izombie even start shooting yet?

I think they normally start in August/September 

25 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I assumed the trailer will show us Oliver in present day with his son and then flashes of the other characters on the island before it blew up (and then it blows up at the end). Lots of action-y stuff. And maybe the introduction of the big bad, or one of them? IDK.

I think that's a good guess. It appears as though they re-shot the explosion, maybe we'll get new clips of the Island crew just before the explosion and just after (oh nos, everyone is "dead"/unconscious).

Edited by Morrigan2575
2 minutes ago, statsgirl said:

Hopefully not too much William.  The idea of Oliver/William scenes is not really a draw for the new season.

Oliver saying that he was going to stop waiting for Felicity and move on to another relationship = giving up IMO. 

After the episode aired IIRC jbuffy posted that she was disappointed in the episode.  

I'm not blaming her, I'm just saying I bought a shaker box of salt for the Olicity comments at this SDCC.

Her episode review for 5x05 was positive.

And again Marc sold the episode as a big Olicity episode- he never sold it as Olicity are going to get back together and get married and have three kids in the suburbs. If parts of the fandom ran with that then that's unfortunate. But the episode was a significant chapter for Olicity in season 5 and created lasting consequences/effect for the rest of the season it just wasnt an outright POSITIVE chapter for them.  

Bottom line JBuffy never sold the episode as Olicity getting back together and neither did Marc. Marc maybe sold the episode and JBuffy ran with it that it was going to be more hopeful then it felt to some but given that come the end of season 5 clearly 5x05 wasn't the end of Olicity and Oliver and Felicity moving on forever like some people thought it probably isn't as negative an episode in context either.

Yes the producers have a lot to answer for how they promote certain things at times to but the fandom also has a tendency to over react to things the producers say in either an overall cynical and pessimistic way or in a far too positive way that I don't think the producers could manage even if they tried.

And after a season of broken apart Olicity I'm personally looking forward to any positive Olicity tibits we get this SDCC even if they aren't 100% confirmation of a wedding or what not.

• Love 1
(edited)

SA: that depends, is he good at listening? That's part of season 6. He had a scene where he's talking to someone, where Oliver is talking about having to lie to William. In the 6th season that's what you want, new things for your character & O being a dad is my fave thing thus far in s6

From the SyFy thing (brought over from the SM thread). 

LOL, WTF could Oliver possibly be lying to William about already? Unless they're trying to convince him that he's not the Green Arrow (even though he saw him, but...he is also simple). Maybe it's something to do with Samantha? Yuck. Don't even want to think about it, LOL. Glad Steve's finally getting his wish though - someone should be happy about the sitch.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2
(edited)

Yeah, I don't get what he could be lying about? Maybe it's a lie of omission like he's not going to reveal the whole murdery Green Arrow story which is reasonable because kid is 12 (but acts 5).

Edited by leopardprint

At first I thought he meant that Oliver lied to William all those times he visited as Samantha's friend and didn't tell him he's his father, but then I remembered that they like to pretend those trips to CC mentioned once may or may not have happened? 

• Love 1

MG said 505 was the biggest Olicity episode so far. Jbuffy made a huge deal out of it, part of the fandom a even bigger deal when what he gave was a detail to be taken in comparison to other episodes. Some tried to say since he said "so far" it might not mean much if the first episodes didn't have (romantic) Olicity but were told to shut up for being too negative.

• Love 2
(edited)

I was reading JBA's write-up of her chat with Mark, and this caught my attention:

I told him that I love Black Siren evil and he agreed with my sentiment. I explained, “What I like about Black Siren is that she’s evil, but you guys do a nice job threading the undercurrent  that she’s having an emotional reaction to Lance -

Marc interrupted, “Wait until you see the premiere.”

It made me feel not-so-great about Lance's chances. 

Other highlights I can remember off the top of my head:

- She asked him about a crossover wedding, and he wondered where people got that idea since they haven't even pitched the crossover to Stephen yet. 
- He said S6 is difficult to talk about (I guess because of the up-in-the-air deaths).
- They talked about O/F's breakup arc and if they achieved what they were hoping for now that it's over. MG said yes, but reiterates that he wishes they'd "devolved" O/F's relationship more in S4. 
- Now that he has 10 years of experience to draw from, Oliver's going to be the one giving out advice
- MG struggles with finding new ways to surprise people, said that everyone's focusing on who lived or died after the explosion but "there's other things that come with that. All sorts of interesting things."
- He wouldn't say who Dinah's new LI is going to be.
- Said there isn't going to be an Oliver/Felicity/Black Siren love triangle - that they settled on Oliver's great love and it's Felicity (the second part seems to be a leading question by JBA that MG agreed to).
- Said they're going to release "some of" the big bad tomorrow (today). They're doing something different with the big bads this year. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I find it puzzling that MG still needs to tell people there will be no BS love triangle! 

Oliver didn't give a toss about Laurel romantically after S1 so why on earth would he even be attracted to BS? Is this to shut down the people who are still praying for some warped GA/BC endgame? If they were going there they would have tried Oliver with Dinah! 

Did a bunch of people miss THE HEART EYES from 520 onwards?????

Honestly it is more plausible for Felicity (and by that I mean barely plausible at all!) to have some sort of emotional crisis after the island blowing up, acting out and hooking up with BS (some sort of crazy spiral???) than Oliver ever wanting to go there! Why does this BS love triangle nonsense keep coming up?

• Love 1
(edited)

Damn we probably won't get any Olicity teases officially. I'm still counting on SA to bring the jokes.

I haven't heard anything about PB being at SDCC.

Mini Bads makes sense in it allows the show to rotate focus thru OTA and the newbies (which is something they seem to really want to do). I think we can assume two of them already, Cayden James for Felicity and BS for DD.

Edited by Chaser
1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Mini Bads makes sense in it allows the show to rotate focus thru OTA and the newbies. I think we can assume two of them already, Cayden James for Felicity and BS for DD.

And Richard Dragon for Oliver/Diggle and then I guess Vigilante for someone as well.

Just now, Chaser said:

JBuffy fussing up to the wedding thing actually made me laugh, but I feel I need to cut her some slack on this one. SA and DR are the ones telling fans.

Yeah, they put the idea out there and she just put it in a timeline. Which, I'm guessing...unless MG is really trying to misdirect - isn't going to be in the crossover. 

That really makes me wonder when it's going to be then. I can't imagine them not putting it in sweeps. With SA and DR talking now, I can't help but think it's sooner rather then later.

(edited)
47 minutes ago, Chaser said:

That really makes me wonder when it's going to be then. I can't imagine them not putting it in sweeps. With SA and DR talking now, I can't help but think it's sooner rather then later.

I still think Feb Sweeps but, I cant rule out 609.

Edited by Morrigan2575
11 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

I find it puzzling that MG still needs to tell people there will be no BS love triangle! 

Oliver didn't give a toss about Laurel romantically after S1 so why on earth would he even be attracted to BS? Is this to shut down the people who are still praying for some warped GA/BC endgame? If they were going there they would have tried Oliver with Dinah! 

Honestly it is more plausible for Felicity (and by that I mean barely plausible at all!) to have some sort of emotional crisis after the island blowing up, acting out and hooking up with BS (some sort of crazy spiral???) than Oliver ever wanting to go there! Why does this BS love triangle nonsense keep coming up?

Because the comic fanboys and -girls can't let go of season 1 and the writers continue to throw crumbs (e.g. the fake wedding in the 100th episode. probably some romantic E2-Laurel/E2-Oliver flashbacks in season 6) their way although they have no intention of ever paying them off. 

• Love 2
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Mini Bads makes sense in it allows the show to rotate focus thru OTA and the newbies (which is something they seem to really want to do). I think we can assume two of them already, Cayden James for Felicity and BS for DD.

17 minutes ago, way2interested said:

And Richard Dragon for Oliver/Diggle and then I guess Vigilante for someone as well.

Yeah, James/Helix for Felicity/Curtis  BS for Dinah/Lance (or Thea?), Richard Dragon for Diggle/Oliver, Vigilante for Rene/Lance (or Thea?). If Vigilante is Pike, I could see that going to Lance/Rene. 

Also, totally possible that every person on the show will have their own individual nemesis and we haven't found out about some of them yet.

Edited by Morrigan2575
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I stilp think Feb Sweeps but, i cant rule out 609.

Crossing my fingers it's 6x09, I don't have the patience for Feb LOL

I think I'd actually be surprised if they do E2 Ollie and Laurel.

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

I think February sweeps is problematic because shows will be off due to Wnter Olympics.

Possibly but, using a wedding or post wedding fallout would be a good hook to get fans back after a 3 week break.

33 minutes ago, Mellowyellow said:

They should just embrace the comic rage and make E2 Ollie run off with E2 Felicity! I still think BS's hatred towards Felicity was odd for some random person she should have no beef with. 

I would think it would have more to do with Felicity still being able to be around her Oliver while Sirens is dead.

(edited)
1 hour ago, Mellowyellow said:

IMO it's because of the 100th episode. I've seen that used as proof that Oliver still loves Laurel romantically, even though he fell in love and proposed to someone else (they tend to ignore that part). Oh, and the whole thing was an alien delusion but whatever. Seriously, it gave the Lauriver fans ammo tbh. Another reason it was a terrible idea.

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 7
(edited)

“What I like about Black Siren is that she’s evil, but you guys do a nice job threading the undercurrent  that she’s having an emotional reaction to Lance -

She was? I thought she was just playing him. 

I didn't think they'd kill off Lance with BS around but I haven't actually seen PB yet so...IDK now.

56 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Yeah, they put the idea out there and she just put it in a timeline. Which, I'm guessing...unless MG is really trying to misdirect - isn't going to be in the crossover. 

I hope so. I never wanted a crossover wedding anyway. Fingers crossed!

Edited by Angel12d

EP: Great news guys! We are bringing KC back to the show! She's going to play BS and Paul you're going to love it because you two are -

PB: Kill me.

EP: No but all the story potential-

PB: First episode. Make it quick.

• Love 24
(edited)
46 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I think I'd actually be surprised if they do E2 Ollie and Laurel.

I'm fully expecting it. I've already prepared to fast forward the scenes. LMAO.

Edited by Angel12d

I really hope that's the last time a love triangle is even brought up. But it probably won't be. I'm expecting it to come up at some point today even, whether at the panel or in interviews. I wish everyone would move on from any version of O/L like the show did years ago. 

2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

She was? I thought she was just playing him. 

So did I. I didn't think she cared if he lived or died and just said she made a deal with Chase as part of her manipulation. (I will maintain that any deal that saved Lance should have included not bringing him to an island full of villains who could kill him. Now, if she had told him she was protecting him and left him behind while shipping Thea off to the island, maybe I'd believe she cared even just a little bit.)

But who knows their plan for season 6. Maybe they'll have her change how she feels due to what happens on the island and she'll see him almost die and only care about him. It could go either way. 

1 minute ago, Velocity23 said:

I mean technically they dont need to even show E2 L/O. Since she became BS after he died.

Yeah, the flashbacks could start with her finding out he died screwing her sister. Maybe she has her own photo.

I just don't think they care about establishing any real rapport between Oliver and BS. Nothing was hinted at in the finale. He hasn't been brought up in terms of story with BS. 

• Love 3