Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

7 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

Am I the only one that thinks that Oliver comforting Felicity after he killed Billie would have been completely inappropriate?

No, I think it would have been too. But Thea gave her a half-hug and then was moving towards Oliver, and everyone else surrounded Oliver and then Felicity was alone. There was a list of people other than Oliver who should have been there for Felicity. I think someone - it doesn't have to be a LI - should have been there for her. On Supergirl, it just so happened to be the characters' significant others. 

ETA: In my previous post, I was just using 509 as one example because it happened this season. There were times in the past I wish we had gotten a scene of someone being there for her. And we still don't know what's coming up. I'd like to hope that there's going to be an upcoming scene where someone, anyone, is there for her and we don't have to assume (yet again) that she wanted to be alone. 

Edited by insomniadreams88
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, finnaire said:

I haven't seen any indication that Oliver is carrying on a long con with Susan, at least not one that required  sleeping with her. I think we really are supposed to think that it happened because of "feelings", which I do see on his side (not get, mind you) but not at all on hers. I was actually quite impressed with her ability to lay a thick guilt trip on him for the loss of her job while also sounding righteous about losing the opportunity to out him in a big, splashy expose. Well done.

So, here's the transcript of her first meeting with the "PI":

Informant:  I thought we agreed the last time was the last time, Susan.
S: I know, but then I remembered my money was still good and you still like gambling a bit too much. What do you have for me, [Ian]?
I: The guy who took the bullets for Mayor Queen was Christopher Chance.  
S: Felt like his work.
I: I think I figured out how Queen knows him.
S: Really?
I: I went through the database on the details of Chance’s past ops. Came across this little beauty (shows her the photo). Recognize your boy?  That was taken five years ago when Oliver Queen was supposedly stranded on a deserted island.
S: (Smirk). End Scene.

So, unless you can go to www.superheroeventscalendar.com somebody's tracking and maintaining records elsewhere.  And, that guy is not a PI. 

So this whole thing started with her trying to figure out who took the bullet for Oliver Queen and she somehow knows who HT is and knows of his work...did she then go back to her conversation with Oliver and realize it could have been HT and not Oliver that she spoke with?? And this is when she started getting closer to him and asking about Russia. 

Why was Chance in Russia again? Does Anatoly know Chance? Why did Chance push Susan on Oliver?

Edited by Cleanqueen
10 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

Why was Chance in Russia again? Does Anatoly know Chance? Why did Chance push Susan on Oliver?

If all of this is related, can you imagine the "previously on Arrow" that has to cram all of this shit in to help people remember? LOL, it'll be 5 minutes long. But at least then we'll have a head's up that something's coming with it.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

If all of this is related, can you imagine the "previously on Arrow" that has to cram all of this shit in to help people remember? LOL, it'll be 5 minutes long. But at least then we'll have a head's up that something's coming with it.

Or we'll get flashes like they showed when Oliver killed Billy. (Remember this guy? And all of 505?)

14 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

The thing is, if none of this is related or comes into play later on in the season, it's instead basically, "Shh, don't think about those questions because it's what we needed to happen because of plot."

Just now, Velocity23 said:

I found it curious that Dig knew about  Christopher Chance aka Human Target.

Especially since Anatoly hired Human target in Russia to protect and shadow Oliver when he became the member of the Bratva. 

And didn't they say it was Oliver who knew Chance before the episode, and then in the ep, it was actually Diggle who did? 

8 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And didn't they say it was Oliver who knew Chance before the episode, and then in the ep, it was actually Diggle who did? 

DC COMICS’ CHRISTOPHER CHANCE AKA HUMAN TARGETTEAMS UP WITH OLIVER: When Tobias Church (Guest Star Chad Coleman) captures and tortures one of Oliver’s new recruits, Oliver must turn to an old friend, Christopher Chance (Guest Star Wil Traval) AKA The Human Target, for help. Meanwhile, Felicity’s (Emily Bett Rickards) worlds collide when Detective Malone (Guest Star Tyler Ritter) joins the ACU. Laura Belsey Directed The Episode Written by Oscar Balderrama & Sarah Tarkoff.

Edited by apinknightmare
16 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I've noticed this year that their previously on Arrow recaps are longer compared to other seasons, gee I wonder why.

Russia is probably the overarching plot of the season and whatever "that other thing" Susan wanted to discover is probably what connects this whole mess. 

1 hour ago, Velocity23 said:

I found it curious that Dig knew about  Christopher Chance aka Human Target.

Especially since Anatoly hired Human target in Russia to protect and shadow Oliver when he became the member of the Bratva. 

I got the impression Dig knew about HT through Lyla/Argus which is why I keep thinking Susan's informant isn't a PI but is also Argus or works for some other nefarious government agency.

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Didn't Oliver and HT work more or less for Anatoly in Russia? So they all know each other? And HT could have just done the phone number thing for the reason he said he did, that now that Felicity was moving on (bf info), it was time for Oliver to consider doing the same.

I guess on a normal show I'd think this was all foreshadowing. But Arrow has done foreshadowing, even really huge foreshadowing, that has gone literally NOWHERE, many times. 

Yeah, it does look like Thea is scuffed up. Maybe she was in the limo?

This is looking good. Girl power is about to get things done! Too bad they'll probably be made to apologize for it. 

Edited by finnaire
  • Love 3
3 minutes ago, AyChihuahua said:

She is never freaking leaving.

UGH Why? Just think about all the time that could have been spent on other characters and other storylines this season. 

No, but seriously, why? What is their obsession with the new characters this season? 

• Love 2
9 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Why are people surprised. Didnt Ken mentioned that she is in 5x19. *shrugs* 

I don't think anyone's surprised, just annoyed. Personally, I don't care if she's around as long as they're not still peddling real feels between her and Oliver, especially after last week. If they're still a couple, like...why.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 8

Well if that spec about her getting the exclusive about Oliver being GA and that's how he decides to announce it is true, and I'm really starting to think it is, then she'll probably be there until the end of the season since that seems like a finale moment.Or if they have her go after Felicity or Thea, she would need to stick around for that too I guess.  But I don't even care about her purpose at all, her very presence annoys me and grosses me out. I just hope she isn't dating Oliver all that time but I wouldn't put it past them. 

Edited by tangerine95
3 minutes ago, tangerine95 said:

Or if they have her go after Felicity or Thea, she needs to stick around for that too I guess.

I think she's probably knee-deep in Russian stuff that's gonna bring Oliver's past into the present, and that's what's coming into play in her unfortunate long-term stay here. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Baby Moira RISE. Seriously, why is it such a bad thing for Thea to be more like Moira? Yes, she was ruthless and did questionable/terrible things but she was interesting to watch and the show needs more characters like her. 

Thelicity is everything. 

I also expect Susan to be around for the rest of the season, or at least until 520. She's like a bad smell that won't go away and she's tainting Oliver with all that stink, too. 

I have to admit, the last few producer's previews have actually gotten me more excited for the episodes than they have before (even if the episodes don't pan out as well). Glad to see that pattern continuing, and it's refreshing to actually get semi-excited for a x15 episode.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Morrigan2575 said:

So Tinah went from unemployed to brand new SCPD beat cop to part of the Mayor's team in the span of 2 weeks?  They aren't even trying anymore.

I'm just gonna fanwank that no one wants to work for him so the candidate pool is v. shallow, haha.

• Love 7

“The idea that Oliver would end up with the Black Canary being Katie Cassidy or any new iteration thereof? To me, it could happen, it could not, but it’s certainly not destined to happen or predesigned to happen,” Amell tells EW.  

“There are elements that you find in a TV show that make the show what they are,” Amell continues, “and that became Oliver’s relationship between Felicity [Emily Bett Rickards] and Diggle [David Ramsey] — one character that’s completely original in terms of John Diggle, an ode to Andy Diggle, who wrote Year One, and Felicity Smoak, who was plucked from the far reaches of the DC universe. Thea Queen [Willa Holland] also does not exist in the comics and I think that’s all stuff that’s important to remember.” (Amell shares his thoughts on Olicity’s future here.)

So a question about BC/GA romance leads Stephen to talk about the important characters on the show. I couldn't have asked for a better, more balanced response. 

Edited by Cleanqueen
  • Love 14

That was a good response! Much better than I thought we would get! 

5 hours ago, insomniadreams88 said:

UGH Why? Just think about all the time that could have been spent on other characters and other storylines this season. 

No, but seriously, why? What is their obsession with the new characters this season? 

Ok I surrender! I would rather watch Wild Dong happily than her! They've broken me!

I wonder if Shady Susie would be more tolerable if they had cast someone with a smidgeon more charisma! 

I just watched that promo from earlier again and I still find it weird how Dinah is in the mayor's office now. That seems more like Diggle's role, IMO. I can even picture him standing there instead of her. 

No show, don't bring back my HTOliver screwing over real Oliver thoughts okay (I don't want to let go now that my Mad Eye Moody spec is dead)? Since Thea wants to blackmail good ol' Councilman Collins it seems like maybe HTOliver's blackmailing of him over rezoning ordinances or whatever it was might be coming back to bite during these impeachment proceedings on his ~corruption?

Or maybe the show forgot about that and it's something else, haha.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

I'd speculated that Dinah was going to be part of his team. I got a little attitude/push back on that, but it made sense to me at the time, in terms of the show wanting to integrate her with the characters. If she's off by herself doing cop-related things, then she's kept apart from the main stories and I don't think they wanted that to happen. It also makes sense, story-wise, that Oliver would want someone he trusts close to him during so much chaos and upheaval. 

CP still filming. Sigh. This show has a real talent when it comes to hiring actors I really don't like and then dragging out their stories long after it's clear that they've failed. I'm trying to think positively that just because Shady McSnideypants is still around, that doesn't mean it's in a romantic context. The way this has gone, though, I'm losing that optimism. I'd hoped that Oliver would realize that he was essentially using her to prove something to herself and would break things off (because I do think the "relationship" isn't over yet), but I'm getting a bad feeling she's going to be the one ending things at the end of the season. 

I'm also envisioning the last couple of scenes of the finale being her releasing the exclusive that OQ is GA, and then we're "treated" to a flashforward that sets up next season. Again, I don't want any of that to happen. At all. But these writers have really beaten me down when it comes to trying to come up with positive speculation.

3 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

^I never said that or anything close to it. I welcome debate and the exchange of idea; I always have. I was referring to one comment from someone that I thought was a little over the line, not the board, in general. 

Sorry, I thought you were referring to people on the board in general disagreeing with you, figuring that one person having attitude would've gotten reported.

13 minutes ago, weathered1 said:

but it made sense to me at the time, in terms of the show wanting to integrate her with the characters. If she's off by herself doing cop-related things, then she's kept apart from the main stories and I don't think they wanted that to happen. It also makes sense, story-wise, that Oliver would want someone he trusts close to him during so much chaos and upheaval. 

But they don't have to push others out to make her relevant. IMO, she took Diggle's place in that scene in the mayor's office. And if Oliver wants someone he trusts there, that person would/should be Diggle. I mean, it's not the end of the world or anything. Haha. But it instantly struck me as odd.

And look, I get that they have to find her a place on this show but please don't do it at the expense of other long-standing characters. It's annoying, especially because this is the second time this is happening - trying to force their Black Canary where she just doesn't really fit.

So given the clip in the directors vid.... I would venture to guess  that not only does Thea not back track her deeds on Rita Skeeter, but she double downs and has Felicity black mail a politician...... I like it.

• Love 1

^ I agree. It shouldn't be at the expense of other characters. I'm going to guess that in this case, it may serve some plot-related purpose - something that they need to affect her and not someone like Diggle. What that could possibly be. . . I don't have the faintest idea. 

Does it bother anyone else that Tinah calls Oliver 'boss' in the preview? Maybe it is just me but I found that weird. 

Also if they know what works for the show why don't they use that? SA shouldn't have to talk about it in detail if it never seems important on the show. What is Diggle's storyline at the moment and while Felicity might get a SL 'soon-ish', people that are less relevant have one right now. Even Susan has a storyline. Tinah has a job after 4 episodes. What is Felicity doing? Still mourning? Or is that only allowed once we have reached 5x20?

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 12
4 minutes ago, LadyChaos said:

So given the clip in the directors vid.... I would venture to guess  that not only does Thea not back track her deeds on Rita Skeeter, but she double downs and has Felicity black mail a politician...... I like it.

I worry what's gonna happen with Thea by the end of the episode though, especially as they're implying that Thea and Felicity are in the wrong. I don't agree but whatever. But how else are they gonna explain WH's absence?

Edited by Guest
2 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I worry what's gonna happen with Thea by the end of the episode though, especially as they're implying that Thea and Felicity are in the wrong. I don't agree but whatever. But how else are they gonna explain WH's absence?

To me it does look like Thea is leaving by the end of the episode again.....from the photos.

2 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

And that "soon-ish" about Felicity's storyline from TVLine is just frustrating. 

I don't think much is going on in this ep, but it seems like Helix doesn't start picking up even a little bit until 16, based on the episode description. 

• Love 3
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

I don't think much is going on in this ep, but it seems like Helix doesn't start picking up even a little bit until 16, based on the episode description. 

I think the shit will hit the fan in 516, but the fall out will probably be touched on in a few episodes after.

Question: Can you give us a hint on when we can expect Felicity’s arc to ramp up on Arrow? —Jenny
Ausiello: Soon-ish. “We really started the season wanting to have her go through some version of her own island in some way,” explains EP Wendy Mericle. “We really wanted to take her to place where she would sort of understand Oliver in a more profound way.” 

It feels like Felicity's island is literal. Oliver doesn't acknowledge they were together. Diggle barely acknowledges she's in the room. She has no job. She has no friends. She barely had a Mayo. She hangs out in the lair. An "island" should be more than being isolated, and that's besides the argument I would make that she's been through her own personal island years prior. 

• Love 21