Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I'm used to The Walking Dead where the entire episodes get spoiled every week. If I had my way, I'd get weekly summaries spoiling the whole episode that way I could decide to watch or not ?

This! I love the TWD spoilers, I wish we had something like that for Arrow. What's great is that if you want to know the spoilers, you know where to find them like clock work... if you don't you just avoid the site.  This is how I plan which TWD eps to skip, because as much as I like TWD it's tiring at times. Now with Arrow, I pretty much skip it, unless it's already been spoiled like ep.10 and I can decide beforehand. I'd actually be fine with just Felicity spoilers tbh, since she's the only reason I'm still watching lol.

• Love 1
16 minutes ago, JJ928 said:

This! I love the TWD spoilers, I wish we had something like that for Arrow. What's great is that if you want to know the spoilers, you know where to find them like clock work... if you don't you just avoid the site.  This is how I plan which TWD eps to skip, because as much as I like TWD it's tiring at times. Now with Arrow, I pretty much skip it, unless it's already been spoiled like ep.10 and I can decide beforehand. I'd actually be fine with just Felicity spoilers tbh, since she's the only reason I'm still watching lol.

And based on those spoilers most wanted to skip the episode but the episode turned out to be so much better than anticipated lol

• Love 1

Cupid, China White and Lady Cop bust out of jail.

Felicity gives Dinah her costume

Felicity and team discovers what Susan knows

Lance and Thea are in the episode.

Cops go after GA for Billy's death.

Dinah gets the Black Canary code name (technically not known but it's mentioned and she gets her costume so I'm guessing it's going to happen)

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Cupid, China White and Lady Cop bust out of jail.

Felicity gives Dinah her costume

Cops go after GA for Billy's death.

Dinah gets the Black Canary code name (technically not known but it's mentioned and she gets her costume so I'm guessing it's going to happen)

The bold part is just spec, right?

12 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If the others find out what Susan knows, I'm half-expecting it to happen while Oliver's with her at the end of the episode, maybe the scenes right before something with Prometheus?

And how sad is it that part of what we know about an episode includes Lance and Thea being in it or not? Just think about what that says about this season. 

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

No worries! In this one IIRC SA said that Felicity was keeping a secret from him that everyone else knew about.

I guess I do remember that interview.  I just didn't recall it ever being spelled out what the secret was.  

• Love 2

It just occurred to me that if the entire Team knows about Reporter and chooses to keep it a secret from Oliver and then she doesn't end up betraying him, then the whole Team plus Thea is wrong and Oliver is right. It could create some type of rift between Oliver and everyone.

Sigh. Have I mentioned how much I hate everything Reporter related?

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

It just occurred to me that if the entire Team knows about Reporter and chooses to keep it a secret from Oliver and then she doesn't end up betraying him, then the whole Team plus Thea is wrong and Oliver is right. It could create some type of rift between Oliver and everyone.

Not to mention that it would make zero sense to not tell Oliver that the person he's dating and sleeping with knows things about him that he's unaware of. Like, I just can't think of any scenario where real Oliver isn't locked up in a trunk somewhere where it would be at all beneficial to keep him in the dark about that.

• Love 5
9 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Yeah, this entire storyline is awful. Are they going to end up making every single character wrong just so that Oliver isn't in this case because of some reporter who is obviously not going to be sticking around? For a temporary LI? I highly doubt it. What would be the point of that? 

We've already seen him insist that Susan is a "good person" and "good reporter" to Thea. Are we going to see him defending Susan to everyone else next? Will he say, "Well, I would've told her this stuff anyway"? "She's not going to expose me because we're getting serious"? "She's just doing her job"? At this point, nothing will surprise me. 

I would still love it if they all kick him off Team Arrow if his stupidity continues. "Sorry, Oliver. We don't need you." "But I'm the Green Arrow. It's Team Arrow." "We got a new Black Canary. We'll find a new Green Arrow." 

• Love 8
19 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

I guess I do remember that interview.  I just didn't recall it ever being spelled out what the secret was.  

16 minutes ago, Chaser said:

SA didn't confirm what the secret was. The Reporter spec comes from the spoiler twitter.

Not spec 2 different spoilers. In 514 the team discovers what Susan knows. In 515 SA said Felicity is keeping a secret from Oliver but not necessarily the team. 

Whether the secret is about Susan is pure spec. But the actual information listed above are in fact spoilers

• Love 2

But the secret that Felicity is keeping could be Pandora...so far three episodes he's asked her how she got information and she hasn't told him. So I am thinking it's about him finding out that she's got herself mixed up with Helix-Episode is called fight fire with fire and that's what she said to Rory in 5x12.

• Love 4
Just now, LeighAn said:

This episode seems from the preview like it's more of a Lance driven episode then the Tinah driven spec. It'll be interesting to see how it plays out.

Yeah, part of me thinks this is,

A plot: Oliver with his mayor stuff/Thea/GA vs ACU

B plot: Lance

C plot: Tinah/Felicity

D plot: Flashbacks

E(touched on but not finished): Felicity with Pandora/team finds out about Susan

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

But the secret that Felicity is keeping could be Pandora...so far three episodes he's asked her how she got information and she hasn't told him. So I am thinking it's about him finding out that she's got herself mixed up with Helix-Episode is called fight fire with fire and that's what she said to Rory in 5x12.

If we didn't have the spoiler about the Team finding out about Reporter in 5x14, than I would say Pandora is the secret. Though that would just make me wonder why she would let the Team know but not Oliver.

Did SA actually say the Team would know or just that others would? Others could just be in reference to Rory and Helix. Does Curtis know anything?

The 5x14 spoiler didn't say they keep Susan a secret from Oliver. Just that they find out but Oliver isn't there when they do... It's quite possible Oliver just finds out in a scene that wasn't spoiled *shrug*

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, LeighAn said:

The 5x14 spoiler didn't say they keep Susan a secret from Oliver. Just that they find out but Oliver isn't there when they do... It's quite possible Oliver just finds out in a scene that wasn't spoiled *shrug*

Yes, it absolutely is possible that he finds out in another scene which LuLu actually points out in one of her tweets.

There is no spoiler that says the secret kept from Oliver is about Susan. Could that be the secret? Sure. Could it be something else? Absolutely.

• Love 1

Maybe the episode ends with Susan doing a news report with the whole "Impeach Mayor Queen" thing, and that is the challenge Oliver has to face as mayor in 5x15 - how to handle it? But the others find out that she might be digging into him earlier in 5x14 (maybe Felicity finds something using Pandora) and don't think she's going to use it as quickly as she does? And then the whole secret thing in 5x15 is the Pandora reveal because Oliver won't let Felicity just brush aside questions as to how she's getting her information anymore because it directly involves him? 

The only way I'll accept the keeping of the Susie secret - if that's what it is - is if Felicity confronts her and promises to ruin Susan's shady, unethical life if she ever acts on or releases any of the info she has on Oliver.  And even that's a stretch. 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 7
28 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

We've already seen him insist that Susan is a "good person" and "good reporter" to Thea. Are we going to see him defending Susan to everyone else next? Will he say, "Well, I would've told her this stuff anyway"? "She's not going to expose me because we're getting serious"? "She's just doing her job"? At this point, nothing will surprise me. 

I would still love it if they all kick him off Team Arrow if his stupidity continues. "Sorry, Oliver. We don't need you." "But I'm the Green Arrow. It's Team Arrow." "We got a new Black Canary. We'll find a new Green Arrow." 

Just remember, dude took his former one-night-stand who'd taken money to lie to him about the existence of his child for ten years right on in to the lair, exposing their identities, without checking with any of them beforehand.

That is how dumb he is.

• Love 13
4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Why would people want to be impeach him? Did he do so many things wrong? Are there so many other people wanting in line to have his job?

Perhaps because there was a cover up regarding Malone's murder and it is found out the DA's office kept the investigation hidden. The DA essentially reports to the Mayor and maybe it gets out that the Mayor knew about it. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Belinea said:

Why would people want to be impeach him? Did he do so many things wrong? Are there so many other people wanting in line to have his job?

Who even knows. They ended the last ep on what seemed like a political win for him. 

Just now, Cleanqueen said:

Perhaps because there was a cover up regarding Malone's murder and it is found out the DA's office kept the investigation hidden. The DA essentially reports to the Mayor and maybe it gets out that the Mayor knew about it. 

God, that would make him telling Chase to stop covering it up even more stupid, LMAO. PLEASE BE LOCKED IN A TRUNK SOMEWHERE

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Did SA actually say the Team would know or just that others would? Others could just be in reference to Rory and Helix. Does Curtis know anything?

From the archive

Fan report from Wizard World New Orleans: "Stephen- opted to answer my question with a spoiler so….. last warning….. Okee Dokee… he said that around episode 15 or so that Felicity’s character was going to parallel Olivers in that she will have a secret that she will be keeping and other people will know about it. Oliver will be kept out of the loop… and que the spec!!!" (Wizard World New Orleans, Jan. 8, 2017: bekaoperetta blog post, page 51 of Spoilers thread and page 1289 of Spoiler Discussion thread)

4 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If she is exposes him as the Green Arrow she is exposing that he regularly breaks the law and has committed multiple murders so I think that'd be enough for an impeachment call *shrug*

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, Belinea said:

If they want it to happen, they'll come up with a reason that may or may not make sense.

Prometheus is going to end up having a wife who decides to run for mayor. 

• Love 1

So the wording he used was that secret was paralleling oliver and felicity, sort of what wendy said about helix making felicity understand oliver better. So yeah my assumption is that helix and pandora is the secret she is keeping

• Love 1

Don't forget that the current DA is a sekrit Vigilante by night who kills innocent people.  Why aren't people fleeing the city?

54 minutes ago, insomniadreams88 said:

The team deciding to vote for a new Green Arrow is hilarious.

I can see Thea telling the team "It's no good warning Oliver about Susan. I tried and he slammed me down. Let's get proof first".

48 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

If this were a fanfic, there would be an exploration of why Oliver didn't care enough to push Felicity when she didn't reveal to him how she got her information. But since it's the show, I expect nothing.  Except maybe Felicity  beating herself up because she didn't understand before how hard it is for Oliver

• Love 2

So...if it's made public that there was a cover up and that's why people are calling for Oliver's impeachment, then I'm guessing that Susie does in fact report out on her findings. I suppose that any rando could come forward with a tip that it's been covered up, but I don't think the show would want her to ultimately be outscooped, since it's been mentioned repeatedly that she's a good reporter and she was MIA during last week's mass shooting. But this is Arrow, so maybe? But maybe the not like Isabel thing = she's just not out for blood and is reporting out on Oliver's wrongdoing because it's the right thing to do.

One day I will stop trying to make sense of nonsensical things, but today is obviously not that day. 

• Love 3
50 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

What's funny about this is given all the things that she's been able to do in the past, there really isn't any reason for him to suspect how she's getting said information. I was expecting more of what happened in 12 - her going off on her own and threatening people to get info, not just digging it up off of a hard drive. Like...there's just not anything suspicious about that, haha.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Chaser said:

The annoying thing is though, they're not wrong and Oliver isn't right. He just got lucky that Susan fell for his magic penis. Ultimately she was investigating him and sleeping with him to help that investigation. She's an awful person. So if Oliver comes out of this smelling like roses, I'll still think he was a giant idiot for going there. It won't change how I feel about this storyline.

4 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What's funny about this is given all the things that she's been able to do in the past, there really isn't any reason for him to suspect how she's getting said information. I was expecting more of what happened in 12 - her going off on her own and threatening people to get info, not just digging it up off of a hard drive. Like...there's just not anything suspicious about that, haha.

you know Oliver, he thinks felicity is capable of anything. he's always been her number 1 fan. He just thinks she's been doing a lot of digging with all that free time. 

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

One day I will stop trying to make sense of nonsensical things, but today is obviously not that day. 

You'll be so much happier over here in "Whatever" land. ??

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 5