Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

There still has to be a scene with Human Target confusing Felicity, right?!?! I need him to be part of the Olicity shenanigans because I really want the "Small Potatoes" from "The X-Files."

I want this so badly. With Felicity initiating, of course.

3 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I thought the reporter shows up next week? I don't think the regretful sex is happening next week, is it?

She does - and I'm not sure there was a timeline given for it. 

I figured that Oliver could see Felicity and Mayo kissing, have his little fling about it, then the awkwardness comes for Felicity when Mayo joins the ACU in 5x05 and has to work with Oliver - which would be weird for her regardless, but just because he finds out about it before 5x05 doesn't mean she would have to know that he knew. I mean, it all happening in the same ep would be tropey and predictable like this show tends to be. 

ASSUMING THIS ALL HAPPENS OF COURSE. 

Edited by apinknightmare
Just now, dtissagirl said:

OH. Okay, yeah, that could happen. I basically assumed sex = November Sweeps, and how 505 is the 'shippy episode.

I was just thinking in terms of tropes how of course Felicity would be ready to break it off with MayoHands right as Oliver hooks up with someone else, but what would it really matter if it was just a one-time thing? Provided Felicity doesn't, like, witness the walk of shame after ala Isabel 2.0 for whatever reason and think Oliver has moved on.

• Love 1

Reporter becomes a fanboy in 5.05 so I am thinking she's more antagonistic in 5.03.  If he saves her life by pushing her in a car out of harms way that might do it.  (Stunt SA talked about at Edmonton Expo)

I can just see Felicity going to "Oliver" , who is really human target, with some sort of confession about her feelings etc. Human target "Oliver" panics or rejects her (maybe a mad guy idk) and of course Felicity thinks it was Oliver.  Meanwhile he bangs the reporter cause he's Oliver, and we wait all season for these 2 idiots Oliver and Felicity to figure out what happened. 

Just my general theory which will probably be 100% wrong lol

• Love 1

How would Oliver hooking up with the reporter right after finding out about Felicity and Mayo Cop be, according to MG, a "surprising" reaction for him?

That would seem to be very season 1/2 Oliver and not at all surprising.

• Love 1

I wonder if Oliver finds out by catching that Felicity trailer kiss...which is exactly what happened when he walked in on Ray and Felicity in s3. OMG get some new material, FFS.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I was just thinking in terms of tropes how of course Felicity would be ready to break it off with MayoHands right as Oliver hooks up with someone else, but what would it really matter if it was just a one-time thing? Provided Felicity doesn't, like, witness the walk of shame after ala Isabel 2.0 for whatever reason and think Oliver has moved on.

I was thinking more in terms of Mayo joining the ACU in 505. If Oliver knows about him and Felicity in 503, there's so much less drama involved, and this is Arrow. So my thinking was, if sleeping with the reporter is reactionary [as Guggie implied too], then it all happens in the same ep.

But I'm not sure of anything, haha.

1 minute ago, kes0704 said:

How would Oliver hooking up with the reporter right after finding out about Felicity and Mayo Cop be, according to MG, a "surprising" reaction for him?

The problem is MG has some odd definitions for words. Generally, if MG uses a word, assume the exact opposite will happen. See also: "game changer" and "epic."

• Love 11

I think it could go either way tbh. 503 or 505. IDK.

But I'm not sure how Felicity finally dumping Mayo just as Oliver sleeps with someone else provides clarity exactly. Unless they meant individual clarity. Like, Felicity finally comes to her senses and realizes she still loves/wants Oliver. And Oliver regrets his one night stand and realizes he needs to fight for Felicity or something? IDK.

Edited by Guest
Just now, kes0704 said:

Literally the only "surprising" reaction from Oliver I could think of would be him actually confronting her on this relationship (not confrontational, just asking her about it). All of these more probable outcomes are actually pretty predictable. 

• Love 13

I love how this just reaffirms that the only reason they gave Felicity a boyfriend is so Oliver could wallow in his man pain about it. It was literally nothing to do with Felicity. These bastards. *shakes fist* Haha.

9 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I wonder if Oliver finds out by catching that Felicity trailer kiss...which is exactly what happened when he walked in on Ray and Felicity in s3. OMG get some new material, FFS.

I hope not...but he probably will because it is not at all surprising :(

Not that I wanna defend Guggie or anything, but I imagine Oliver hooking up with anyone at this point is surprising to the poor unsuspecting general viewer, because he hasn't been the hook up kind of guy since S2.

Also, this is my being an odd duck, but I truly LOVED it when Oliver hooked up with Isabel. Not only it proved to me that my little O/F 'ship that could was RILLY RILLY happening no matter what comic book canon said ["because of the life that I lead"], but it also gave me my favorite thing to point and laugh at Oliver for [father's mistress! LOL FOREVER].

I don't expect enjoyment this time around, but fingers crossed this one  provides entertainment.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 6

Imagine the awkwardness between Oliver and the reporter after their one night together that he regrets. Haha. Cringe! 

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I love how this just reaffirms that the only reason they gave Felicity a boyfriend is so Oliver could wallow in his man pain about it. It was literally nothing to do with Felicity. These bastards. *shakes fist* Haha.

Funny/sad thing is that it could have just been about both, while still totally keeping the bf a plot device rather than a character (but literally no one cares about him anyway). Oliver wallowing in man pain, and Felicity wallowing in denial. Oliver notices (since he was even able to notice that she was slightly *off* just at the end of 502 alone) and confronts but ultimately doesn't do anything because it's Felicity who needs to recognize it herself, and Felicity recognizes, grieves, and moves on in acceptance (and lets go of the bf because he wasn't really anything to her). There you go, keeping your shocker bf twist/drama while still giving something substantial for your leads.

• Love 1
Just now, way2interested said:

Funny/sad thing is that it could have just been about both, while still totally keeping the bf a plot device rather than a character (but literally no one cares about him anyway). Oliver wallowing in man pain, and Felicity wallowing in denial. Oliver notices (since he was even able to notice that she was slightly *off* just at the end of 502 alone) and confronts but ultimately doesn't do anything because it's Felicity who needs to recognize it herself, and Felicity recognizes, grieves, and moves on in acceptance (and lets go of the bf because he wasn't really anything to her). There you go, keeping your shocker bf twist/drama while still giving something substantial for your leads.

Yeah, I mean, I could stomach the bf better if it makes Felicity realize a few things. Like maybe she jumped into a new relationship too soon because she was running from her emotions. Or that she needed a distraction from her guilt and was only trying to make herself feel better. Anything along those lines. It's not ideal but at least it would be about her. It could still happen but I'm highly doubtful tbh.

5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Imagine the awkwardness between Oliver and the reporter after their one night together that he regrets. Haha. Cringe! 

I actually wish these guys would be COMPLETE HACKS FOR REAL this time around, and make this similar to that time on Iron Man when Tony Stark slept with the other chick from Popular. He was awkward around her forever and ever amen, she couldn't care less.

• Love 9
24 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

No idea about what kind of clarity it brings to Felicity unless this is also the episode when she breaks up with Mayo.

But for Oliver, it can go two ways --

1. He regrets sleeping with the reporter because he doesn't want to be dating anyone, he just wants to be married to Felicity already

OR

2. He realizes he doesn't want rando hookups with reporters, he wants to have a real relationship with some brand new girlfriend we've yet to meet.

The clarity is probably on Oliver's part only.  He's the only one really suffering from ambiguity.  Felicity is dating someone.  If they are planning on putting him in a relationship with canary so they can have sex in Feb sweeps then Felicity and Mayo might not break up.  I don't think she'll have multiple LIs.  Mayo keeps her on the sidelines and out of the game sort of like Tommy/Laurel/Oliver. (I really didn't want this romantic arc but here we are.)  This isn't even about Felicity.  It's to cause tension for Oliver since the ACU reports directly to the Mayor's office.  Shades of Tommy running Oliver's nightclub.  Guess it will give Quentin something to do too. 

I guess if Human Target gets shot as Oliver, Felicity might realize she's not over him but then sees him with reporter so doesn't break up with Mayo.

• Love 1

Ideally I would like Felicity to realize her and Mayo is nothing but avoidance and she breaks if off with him so she can deal with everything that happened last year. That's her clarity. 

I'd like Oliver to realize he can't move on from Felicity and that he needs to fight for her (SA tweet about Carrie and Mr. Big gave me hope). That's his clarity. 

They don't have to have a conversation because Oliver recognizes that they need work and Felicity isn't ready. Then outside forces keep them busy and they get together in Feb.

That is the ideal but yeah probably not. Lol It probably be miscommunication everywhere and stupid pining.

• Love 15
Just now, Chaser said:

Ideally I would like Felicity to realize her and Mayo is nothing but avoidance and she breaks if off with him so she can deal with everything that happened last year. That's her clarity. 

I'd like Oliver to realize he can't move on from Felicity and that he needs to fight for her (SA tweet about Carrie and Mr. Big gave me hope). That's his clarity. 

They don't have to have a conversation because Oliver recognizes that they need work and Felicity isn't ready. Then outside forces keep them busy and they get together in Feb.

That is the ideal but yeah probably not. Lol It probably be miscommunication everywhere and stupid pining.

I love your scenario.  I'm just feeling a bit cynical with a dash of amusement.  This is a soap opera! 

• Love 1

anyways not sure if any of this is real.I cant see all this happening in this olicity heavy episode. Like do they really want us to watch oliver and felicity having a nice convo and then him banging someone else afterwards?

7 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

All of this will probably happen but among the rubble there will probably be something miniscule to give the Olicity fandom hope.  

There probably won't be anything in text, but Stephen and Emily will play some detail in a way that gives hope.

It seems odd to me that this is considered news.  The only reason this board thought that Oliver wouldn't hook up with reporter is that despite being age appropriate, Carly Pope isn't CW age appropriate. 

Culling from when I used to watch soaps, my bet is that Felicity sees "Oliver" getting shot in 5x05.  Realizing that she still loves him, she goes, breaks it off with Mayo Cop, and runs to be reunited with Oliver.  She finds him with the reporter.  Despite the reporter only being a fling--Carly Pope is heading over to Suits--Felicity doesn't tell him she loves him.  Oliver continues on, thinking there's no hope.  I have multiple scenarios as to how the rest of the season goes based on how the ratings do.

12 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

It seems odd to me that this is considered news.  The only reason this board thought that Oliver wouldn't hook up with reporter is that despite being age appropriate, Carly Pope isn't CW age appropriate. 

Some thought he'd have a relationship with her, some thought he wouldn't - I don't recall anyone thinking he'd have a one-night stand he'd immediately regret, so that seems pretty newsworthy - provided there's anything to the "spoiler." 

• Love 2

I think anytime something moves beyond mere speculation to having something to back it up, I think that's news for the thread. Again, whether you take this "something" seriously in this case, with so much anonymity involved...who knows, but it's out there and worth talking about, I think.

Edited by Carrie Ann

Assuming it's legit -- I saw some folks on Twitter who seemed to be in the spoilery DMs post stuff to reassure other fans that all of this is good news for O/F. No idea if they know more, or if it's just spec that Oliver regretting a hookup is a good thing.

It would fit with the idea that February Sweeps is the lowest point for O/F being apart, and that the path to reconciliation starts from 505, and goes to either Feb or May sweeps, depending on how long is the stall mandate.

• Love 1

Are they still filming 508?

IDK why they'd be going back to the original s1 lair in 509. Wish we had more info. Or maybe not. Haha.

(edited)

They wrapped the 100th on Tuesday. If this is from the 100th it's an old pic. Although SA was tagging all his 508 pics with with 100th. 

Not sure how old lair would fit into 509 but, we don't really know anything about 509.

The title for 509 is "What We Leave Behind" so maybe there's a flashback to S1 or something? 

Edited by Morrigan2575

You know, if I were a female reporter in real life, I'd be pretty annoyed at how often female reporters in movies and tv shows are sleeping with the subjects that they're investigating or reporting on.  It's pretty unprofessional.

Edited by tv echo
  • Love 19
4 minutes ago, tv echo said:

You know, if I were a female reporter in real life, I'd be pretty annoyed at how often female reporters in movies and tv shows are sleeping with the subjects that they're investigating or reporting on.  It's pretty unprofessional.

Well, women are only as good as their relation to a man. <--that is sarcasm

The idea of Prometheus having some type of connection to the old lair is pretty intriguing. I like the idea of him creating himself as a dark mirror of Oliver.

6 minutes ago, tv echo said:

This is why part of me would prefer Oliver casually date Reporter. The idea of him 'winning' her over with sex is so gross to me. Granted that doesn't look like the reason for the hook up but Pope's tweet about being a fanboy with the heart eyes kind of makes me think that is what is going to happen. He uses her to work thru something, she takes it as a win until realizing that he regrets it and then he has to earn her approval... so much potential for gross awkwardness.

2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

This is why part of me would prefer Oliver casually date Reporter. The idea him 'winning' her over with sex is so gross to me. Granted that doesn't look like the reason for the hook up but Pope's tweet about being a fanboy with the heart eyes kind of makes me think that is what is going to happen. He uses her to work thru something, she takes it as a win until realizing that he regrets it and then he has to earn her approval... so much potential for gross awkwardness.

Well the same person who said they have a one night stand also said that she leaves by episode 7 so idk if they have time to do any of that... 

• Love 3
34 minutes ago, kes0704 said:

Is she really gone but episode 7 though?  There were people who were sure Mayo Cop hadn't filmed past 502 but world's are colliding in 505 :)

I mean if you want to believe the whole Oliver screwing the reporter lady thing, you also kind of have to believe the fact that the same source said she's gone by 507 right? :)

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

My sister has Smallville on. I want Allison Mack to guest on Arrow. I like Carly Pope but I would have been really entertained with Mack as Reporter.

NOT IF ARROW!OLIVER SLEPT WITH HER NO NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER NO NO NO NO TIMES INFINTY NO.

Did I mention NO?

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5
Just now, dtissagirl said:

NOT IF ARROW!OLIVER SLEPT WITH HER NO NO NO NO NEVER NEVER NEVER NO NO NO NO TIMES INFINTY NO.

Did I mention NO?

Lol but it would be so perfect because they could say they reminded each other of someone!

I want some Smallville on Arrow alright. 

Tom Welling, Michael Rossunbaum (Why couldn't he be the BF!), John Glover, etc

• Love 2

NO. Look, the only way I can actually deal with Arrow is because I already have my perfect version of Oliver Queen who got married to my favorite fictional character of all time and they lived happily ever after. I can't have Arrow!Oliver ruining the single most perfect OTP who ever OTPed.

Edited by dtissagirl
  • Love 5