Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Mayo Bread being in love with Felicity already is laughable. We haven't seen any of that development. They can't drop us into the middle of a relationship and expect us to buy it. Whatever happened to just dating? I'd rather they had shown Felicity attempt to move on with a couple of dates and fail miserably than the mess we've been given.

I mean, I thought it was too soon for Ray to be in love with Felicity in s3 but that's far more believable than Mayo Billy Bread McTinyHands. JFC.

Edited by Guest

Word on Twitter (through some sources) is Oliver hooks up with the reporter after he sees felicity with Mayo cop. But that apparently its just a hook up and nothing more. I mean MG said we would be shocked at how he reacts. Definitely sleeping with an over 30 yr old actress on the CW is definitely shocking.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, ComicFan777 said:

Winning over the reporter by bedding her seems very old Ollie.

IF this comes to pass, I wonder if it would be a situation where he slept with her first, found out she was a reporter later, having to win her over after a one-night stand. 

No thanks though!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 4

Wasn't it SA who asked whether it was necessary that Oliver has to sleep with almost every female on the show?

But for all I care, Oliver is free to go and sleep with whoever he wants. At this point, I don't really care.

What I find truly troubling about my own perception of the story is that I thought Felicity was/is clearly in the right for breaking up with him. But now I feel as though he deserves to move on too if she has already done so. Because for all his flaws and everything, I still care that he that doesn't stay still forever. That way of thinking slowly crept up on my after I heard the Billy-not the kid news.

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

There seems to be a lot of panic because it's not supposed to get out. The version I heard is that Oliver immediately regrets it (you're right, flashes of Isabel). I guess that's what's unexpected?

I mean, Felicity's buying Tiny Hands Americanos before work so...no use in freaking out about a little regret sex (if that's what happens) IMO. 

• Love 8

On one hand I don't want to watch him in a relationship but on the other I don't like the idea of him having a reactionary hook up with recurring character. Character wise I don't like it at all. Is this supposed to happen in 5x03?

I wonder if they meet, Oliver dismisses her, watches Felicity with Mayo, randomly meets up with reporter and decides to have dinner and then they hook up.

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

From the frantic damage control  I've seen, I'm guessing it's related to this post @tv echo mentioned earlier

What damage control is going on?

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

From the frantic damage control  I've seen, I'm guessing it's related to this post @tv echo mentioned earlier

That's what I thought as well -- the person with the source made another post on Tumblr vaguely implying the reporter wasn't gonna be a big deal. One night stand, that Oliver regrets, even, fits that in terms of how it affects the narrative. [How it affects an already pissed off fandom is something else entirely.]

But that person has probably just lost a source. Shame. 

• Love 9
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

I mean, Felicity's buying Tiny Hands Americanos before work so...no use in freaking out about a little regret sex (if that's what happens) IMO. 

That's what I thought. If there's regret after 1 hookup, then I'm thinking maybe not a long-term LI. I'm actually OK with the idea. If it pushes him to go to Felicity and say, "hey, dump your dude. I love you, I don't want to give you space anymore. Let's work on us" the better.

• Love 5

A messy drunken one night stand is better than actual relationship, IMO. I don't want it to happen and I certainly don't want to watch it but if I had to choose, that would be it. 

1 minute ago, dtissagirl said:

That's what I thought as well -- the person with the source made another post on Tumblr vaguely implying the reporter wasn't gonna be a big deal. One night stand, that Oliver regrets, even, fits that in terms of how it affects the narrative. [How it affects an already pissed off fandom is something else entirely.]

I recognize the tumblr. She goes to a lot of cons. Her and Bamford would response to each other on twitter.

I would die if Bamford was her source. I would also question how leaked the info is.

• Love 2
5 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

This only makes me more amazed of that time when SA flat out told a fan at a con that Olicity sex was happening in 320 and she told no one. The fandom was pretty down back then too, right after 315.

• Love 9

I've always kind of figured she was a Temp LI but, i just can't believe someone on the internet who claims to have a source or inside information. 

Who is this person on tumblr? What's their track record? Have they ever posted information that's been proven correct later?

7 minutes ago, Thundercatmary said:

Man if I had info like that, Olicuty sex etc, was happening I'm not sure I could stop myself from coming and posting it here. :D

We would love you for it! Or, at least I would :D

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

I've always kind of figured she was a Temp LI but, i just can't believe someone on the internet who claims to have a source or inside information. 

Who is this person on tumblr? What's their track record? Have they ever posted information that's been proven correct later?

If it's the person @Chaser is thinking of, I can corroborate that she's buddies with Bamford (they became friends after hanging out at a post-HVFF Nocking Point mixer), but as far as I know, she's never posted about inside knowledge or spoilers. She is, however, the same person that supposedly talked to SA at the make up NYC HVFF about fandom concerns and came away from that conversation thinking/"reporting" that the rumor of Felicity's BF wasn't true. So make of that what you will.

I wonder how this episode would culminate Felicity's Havenrock plot then...unless I guess it might involve her reaction to her new bf and her ex-fiance possibly dying, since the beginning of the description kind of implies that Felicity's leading of the team doesn't end too well.

(edited)

Personally, I'm loving that Felicity is the "B" story for 504 and 505. Keep it up.

since the beginning of the description kind of implies that Felicity's leading of the team doesn't end too well.

Maybe. I don't know if it's necessarily a continuation from 504, could be something that happens in teaser for 505.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

Prayer circle that Felicity and Mayo break up in 505. It's already five episodes too long.

I love how Oliver knows literally everyone though. He has so many old friends. Haha.

Oh man, haha, they're gonna cram all of the relationshippy dramalhama in 505. Oliver finding out Felicity is dating DTH when he joints the task force, then Oliver reacting by sleeping with the reporter, then regretting it. All the while Human Target is walking around with Oliver's face. Ah the predictability of Arrow during Sweeps.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

The "Olicity-ish" scene is Oliver regretting hooking up with Reporter.

If this happens, I'm hoping it happens before he finds out she's a reporter. Because the "Oh fuck" look on his face when he realizes what he's done will be like sleeping with his father's mistress 2.0 and I need it. 

• Love 7
1 minute ago, way2interested said:

I puzzled at how that brings "clarity" to anything, according to MG and WM.

No idea about what kind of clarity it brings to Felicity unless this is also the episode when she breaks up with Mayo.

But for Oliver, it can go two ways --

1. He regrets sleeping with the reporter because he doesn't want to be dating anyone, he just wants to be married to Felicity already

OR

2. He realizes he doesn't want rando hookups with reporters, he wants to have a real relationship with some brand new girlfriend we've yet to meet.

2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

If this happens, I'm hoping it happens before he finds out she's a reporter. Because the "Oh fuck" look on his face when he realizes what he's done will be like sleeping with his father's mistress 2.0 and I need it. 

I thought the reporter shows up next week? I don't think the regretful sex is happening next week, is it?