Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

13 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

To hear WM & MG talk about it, they don't seem to have any idea how superficial it seems.  WM "He loves her." MG paraphrasing, Oliver has too much going on.  He hasn't noticed the spring in her step.  (Me neither.)

What? The fuck they're talking about? What?

8 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

So are we getting a before or after sex scene in Nov sweeps - either Felicity & DTH or Oliver & Reporter?

You take that back!

1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Why not both!?

Not you too! Oh the humanity!

• Love 9

After we heard about the boyfriend and then the Tyler Ritter casting I was afraid it would be him.  I think they are trying to cast someone who could be "funny" with Felicity.  They tried that with Ray too.  It might work in real life but on TV it tends to fall flat unless it's a sitcom.  In this type of show those characters make more sense when playing off the Oliver Queens and Leonard Snarts not the funny female.  It just comes across as goofy and cringe worthy.  It doesn't help that when he was smiling last night all I could see was Jack Tripper.  

I'm curious as to how long he will be around.  The first 9 or all season (even if he's not in all episodes)?  I don't see them giving Felicity multiple LIs even if Oliver has multiple LIs (reporter & "Tina").  The police contact doesn't really seem needed either unless they retconned Felicity's hacking abilities.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

The best thing you can do for yourself if you're going to keep watching is prepare for the worst (because it's likely to happen). 

Oh we all know it will happen! I cannot wait. 

Excuse me while I recoil into a corner and die of laughter. 'Cause, per the showrunners, it will be such a gotcha!moment. Or! Synchronicity moment. Whatever floats your boat. 

LOLOLOL 

(oh the misery!)

11 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

The police contact doesn't really seem needed either unless they retconned Felicity's hacking abilities.

Maybe they'll just have whatever machinery she needs to do some analysis conveniently broken by a Ghost last season like they did last night. 

Not that I wanted to see more Mayo, but it would've been nice to see his reaction to Felicity's friend's cleaning lady having 2,000 year-old rags. 

• Love 1

Not to mention, when they had Lance available they barely used him as a contact with the police after S2. Just as they had an ADA and now felt the need to write in a new DA.

'Arrow - Those useless Lances' edition.

Edited by looptab
  • Love 6

Am I the only one who really doesn't think that Tina is a love interest for Oliver, neither is the reporter. I am actually under the impression that Oliver will stay single until he is reunited with felicity. I do think they decided who to give a new LI interest to this season because someone had to on (in the words of Marc) so it felt less damaging to have felicity be the one to move on. In their current narrative, Oliver hardly has time to go to the bathroom so how would a new boo thing fit in? They also thought that Amell literally has anti chemistry with every woman who is supposedly a LI interest so finding a throwaway female would be worse than finding someone for Felicity who seemingly has chemistry with everyone. But it is now evident that Emily too can have anti chemistry with an on screen male. 

• Love 3

You guys are really bringing me down.  From the comments on the episode (still haven't had a chance to see it), I was thinking that they deliberately cast someone with no chemistry with EBR  in order to have the room to do some really good Oliver/Felicity work in the bunker without everyone thinking they were going to jump each other's bones while making sure no one ships Felicity/Mayo.  (Season 3 there were Raylicity shippers although I don't know what they saw.)

So really, there's no need for a sex scene for either with another love interest if the purpose, and organic writing is to show how well they work together out of bed too and to draw them closer as they work together with flirting off the table.

Which brings me to....

9 hours ago, DCLeague said:

Well according to Marc: I I think for better or for worse, we don’t write for those fans. I think the fact that we did put Felicity in a relationship… we’re not idiots, we knew it probably wouldn’t go over well with a segment of the fandom, but that can’t be why we don’t do something.

We go where the story takes us. We do something because we realize we have a story to tell. There may be someone who raises their hand in the writers' room and goes, “wow, some group of fans are not gonna be happy with this,” but we do it anyway. We’ve had to do it on a personal level where, every time we decide to kill off a character, that’s us doing something far worse than pissing people off on our Twitter feed, that’s us affecting someone’s livelihood.

The thing is, it's not only got to be organic in their minds (and who know what goes on in the EPs minds), it's also got to be something that viewers want to see or else they won't stick around.

I was thinking about this and a therapy session popped into my mind.  A lot of the time the therapist can see what's going on and tells the client what he/she needs to know to solve the situation but the client just doesn't want to hear it.  Like not at all, even though it's what they need to hear. So the therapist gives them what they want (e.g. support) while doling out enough truth tea to help them move forward. (I think every therapist has heard the words "Why didn't you tell me that a year ago?" and thought "I did, I did,")  In entertainment, like in therapy, you have to give the other person enough of what they want (as opposed to what they need or what's "organic") that they will come back for the rest.

Personally I don't want to see Oliver and Felicity with other love interests not because I'm a rabid shipper but because I have never, ever seen that on a TV show where it didn't make both parties look stupid and selfish.  And hurt the overall storyline and thereby the show as a whole.

• Love 8

Hmm. Antonio is a great director but I'm not convinced by the writers. Wendy and Beth? Hmmmmm. We'll see.

Edited by Guest

Pretty sure they wrote 419 too. Yikes!

They rarely write Felicity well either. 

Edited by Guest
3 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Well, Felicity wasn't so great in 406 so I don't take comfort from that tbh. The others are okay though.

What was wrong with Felicity in 4x06?

6 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

Well Beth was part of the writer team that gave us  4x06, Wendy co-wrote 4x09, 3x20 ...

they both write good episodes with other people but together they've done some crappy episodes.

15 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

Yeah. That's concerning. They also wrote 4.15. It's enough to offset my excitement that Antonio is directing.

4x15 was marc.

1 minute ago, Cleanqueen said:

I'll take it to Felicity's thread instead of commenting here as it's not spoilers. 

The thing is, it's not only got to be organic in their minds (and who know what goes on in the EPs minds), it's also got to be something that viewers want to see or else they won't stick around.

I suppose its a balancing act. Viewers have been gradually leaving though, so its not like they have much to lose to begin with, the way I see it. Also not easy to give a polarised viewership what they want. 

21 minutes ago, Cleanqueen said:

they both write good episodes with other people but together they've done some crappy episodes.

4x15 was marc.

Yeah.  I just realized I keyed the wrong number.  I meant 4.19.

• Love 1

There was speculation earlier about who Felicity was kissing in that promo Human Target or Det Mayo.  One of the arguments for HT was that although Felicity looked like she was into the kiss the male didn't appear to be.  One hand was on her waist almost holding her away.  The other was just hanging there.  After last night's scene I can clearly see it being the detective.  Ritter isn't giving Emily anything to work with whereas she and SA just sort of went with it.   

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I don't understand the Wild Dog love.

Me neither. With the speculation that "Tina" may be a love interest, does anyone know why this character is getting so much attention? Could they really be thinking of yet another spin off? I wasn't sure where to put this question since it's based on speculation and spoilers. 

• Love 3
21 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

Me neither. With the speculation that "Tina" may be a love interest, does anyone know why this character is getting so much attention? Could they really be thinking of yet another spin off? I wasn't sure where to put this question since it's based on speculation and spoilers. 

Seems like Wild Dog is "truest" to the comics rendition from articles I have read.  If they are keeping them all I would guess they are trying to change it into an ensemble show for S6.  Oliver might not be that old but SA isn't getting any younger.  Honestly, I wondered if they were just their hedging their bets because of BTS stuff.  How many years does David Ramsay have on his contract?  After 5 years he has to be getting expensive, relatively speaking.  He thought he might have been in the grave last year.  AND Diggle doesn't have a mask/costume.  He has identity concealment.

I think the possible LI we thought might be for him was because she is an ex-marine.  If "Tina" is canary and it is the Spartacus actress D Rapapport started following (Ellen someone) then I am sure she is a LI, temporary or otherwise, for Oliver.  We were in denial. LOL!  Until I see something different on my screen, I will just assume WM's "not necessarily reconciling them this year" regarding Olicity is fact. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

I hate the thought of them doing Canary 3.0 but I really hate the thought of them making her a love interest for Oliver.

"Here is your mask and your codename and Oliver's penis." Packaged Deal!

• Love 18
5 minutes ago, Chaser said:

"Here is your mask and your codename and Oliver's penis." Packaged Deal!

Maybe she is also a secret love child of Dinah or Quention. She'd be able to tick off every single category.... 

• Love 3

KC canceled her appearance at Comic Con Paris (10/22-10/23) due to filming. She mentioned being in the middle of filming three productions (Arrow being one of them). I'm wondering if the other two are Flash and LOT. That would lend support to my theory that they do one big tie in appearance for her. BS escapes on Flash, appears on Arrow and then goes on to LOT (where she gets eaten by a dinosaur no doubt).

I'm actually surprised she canceled personally and with plenty of time.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

We know she's going to be in 510 for sure. Do we have to put up with her showing up in 509 too?

Filming for 5x09 is 10/11 - 10/20. She isn't in it.

I'm still thinking she shows up in the mid season Flash return (possibly just a cameo to show she isn't in the tombs) and than crossover to Arrow as the VOTW for the mid season return. They can't kill her because of KC's lawyers so they call Sara somehow to do something with her (dinosaur hungry).

Edited by Chaser
  • Love 2

I do think she shows up in all three episodes around the same time. BS escaped the flash prison and is on the loose. She ends up in star city and greets Laurel's statue and says something like "Damn that's ugly, I hope I don't really look like that in real life"

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Chaser said:

Not necessarily. Rick Gonzalez is 37, two years old then SA. They may be looking for an actress age appropriate for RG, that can pass as age appropriate for Wild Dog.

Wow, he's way older than I realized.  I was putting him closer to Roy's age. 

6 hours ago, Belinea said:

I feel like as though this is the scenario they'll go with. Because for all we know she is still his always and he cannot move on from that before she has made it clear she won't return. That way he won't have to go back on his statement and isn't a bad guy in any scenario because she moved on first. I really do feel that the new character or the reporter will be a new LI for Oliver. 

The reporter, I agree will be a LI, but she's almost classically set up not to last. 

I think the possible LI we thought might be for him was because she is an ex-marine.  If "Tina" is canary and it is the Spartacus actress D Rapapport started following (Ellen someone) then I am sure she is a LI, temporary or otherwise, for Oliver.  We were in denial. LOL!  Until I see something different on my screen, I will just assume WM's "not necessarily reconciling them this year" regarding Olicity is fact. 

I really hope that if they have any intention of making a new canary a love interest for Oliver that she hasn't first dated someone else on the team.  Not a fan of that. 

There were two actresses speculated on about being Tina.  Candy Washington matches the general look of all the other people that posted auditions for "Tina" and didn't Rappaport start following her? 

4-09's title, "What We Leave Behind" sounds a bit ominous to be honest, but if Laurel is back, maybe it will just be all of them FINALLY leaving Laurel and the constant reminders of her behind. 

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, Sunshine said:

I wonder if the show is going to do it's normal thing and reveal Prometheus's plan and identity in 5.09 "What We Leave Behind"?

Prometheus could have lost a father like Oliver did. Oliver's Dad killed himself to save his son, maybe Prometheus' father died protecting him from The Hood. "What We Leave Behind" could refer to both Green Arrow and Prometheus.

8 minutes ago, BkWurm1 said:

Wow, he's way older than I realized.  I was putting him closer to Roy's age. 

The reporter, I agree will be a LI, but she's almost classically set up not to last. 

I really hope that if they have any intention of making a new canary a love interest for Oliver that she hasn't first dated someone else on the team.  Not a fan of that. 

There were two actresses speculated on about being Tina.  Candy Washington matches the general look of all the other people that posted auditions for "Tina" and didn't Rappaport start following her? 

He did start following Candy Washington as well as the Ellen whomever.  (Too lazy to go back and look.)

Edited by Sunshine

"What We Leave Behind" doesn't scream ominous to me, it just seems like a hack-y alternate for "legacy."

They always love their titles that come with duel meanings.  Legacy or history works but so does them letting go of things they used to love and value because it no longer works for some reason. 

I was thinking about how MG keeps saying they couldn't have done a villian like Prometheus in before now.  So I've been thinking that something done in the early seasons triggers the creation of Prometheus, but Prometheus is fixated on the GREEN Arrow.  Is MG just forgetting that the GA and the Hood/Arrow are supposed to be different people in the eyes of the public?  Or did something Oliver did last season going to be the reason for Prometheus's ire? 

I know the timing of the 'Tina' casting call and Laurel's final words scream NEW BLACK CANARY but I hope its just a coincidence. How about BS just sparks the conversation and Oliver asks Sara to take the name again?

7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

"What We Leave Behind" doesn't scream ominous to me, it just seems like a hack-y alternate for "legacy."

Hey now. I'm trying to go deep.

57 minutes ago, Chaser said:

KC canceled her appearance at Comic Con Paris (10/22-10/23) due to filming. She mentioned being in the middle of filming three productions (Arrow being one of them). I'm wondering if the other two are Flash and LOT. That would lend support to my theory that they do one big tie in appearance for her. BS escapes on Flash, appears on Arrow and then goes on to LOT (where she gets eaten by a dinosaur no doubt).

I'm actually surprised she canceled personally and with plenty of time.

She's still filming the movie.

(edited)
4 minutes ago, Chaser said:

I thought there was a tweet about them wrapping up the movie?

I have no idea, i just saw her picture from yesterday where she was still filming the movie.

However, i still think the movie is included in that list of 3 projects. She said the same thing a couple of weeks back during a Facebook q&a and used the "in the middle of 3 projects line". At the time she was only filming the movie. So she counted Arrow in that list because she was going to film (eventually).

So yeah, i think Arrow, Movie and maybe Flash are the 3 projects. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
8 minutes ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

Are they filming the LOT portion of the crossover now? Just in case, putting this here. I miss Emily's long hair ...

The ponytail looks a little longer there. I hope she's growing it.