Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So Felicity's boyfriend is Jack Tripper, Jr.  Does this mean the big Olicity scene in the biggest Olicitiest episode this season is Oliver deciding to move on to the reporter who becomes a fanboy "with one swipe of the writers pen?"  (Not sure how that plays into the Human Target scenario.)  

• Love 1

Probably. I've always felt like 505 was them moving on for good (and by that I mean until the end of the season at least). Felicity was always given a boyfriend first so it doesn't make Oliver look bad when he moves on later. They always throw the woman under the bus first. Always.

I'm just disappointed they're doing this to Felicity though. Not only has she moved on quickly but she's bringing her new bf to the loft she shared with Oliver. You just know what's gonna be said about that. Sigh. I'm not here for this crap tbh.

• Love 16

@apinknightmare you made me laugh out loud, so thanks for that. 

I know it's a marathon or journey or blah blah blah, but I have zero desire to watch any of that. I'll just skip those scenes and take some forget-me-nows and try to make it through the season. My shipper self damn well better get wall sex after putting up with this nonsense, that's for damn sure. 

• Love 7

Is it Detective #Poppy? Looked like Tyler Ritter to me. OMG I can't tell these slices of stale white bread apart. 

I'm guessing he has a run in with Mayor Oliver or GA and they don't get on. Then later we find out he's Felicity's bf. Yuck.

• Love 1

I think it's kind of sad that we can't even determine which cop it is!  If Felicity has to have a boyfriend couldn't he at least be something other than bland?  Honestly though, my real problem isn't Felicity with a boyfriend.  It's having to watch Oliver trying to date again.  That's so Season 1.

• Love 1

My god, whoever it is...what a downgrade. Felicity's PTSD is at dangerous levels, someone get her some help for the love of everything!

In all seriousness, Felicity (and EBR) deserves better than this mayo bf crap. How insulting.

• Love 11

So if it's Ritter, this BF is going to recur. Oh joy. Oh well, it's not like we weren't braced for this being the season of the stall. Still curious but this and the million and one noobs wanna make me go buh-bye. I think I might just accept some overtime Wednesday night.

• Love 2

But didn't the SpoilerTV review name-drop the other cop's name for a character that people would "hate then love," not Detective Malone (TR's character)? I mean, I guess that could be unrelated to the bf situation, but that's what I assumed from that wording.

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Damn, I was hoping someone would watch and tell us what happens so I don't have to watch.

I made a valiant effort, but none of what I could find worked. Whomever leaked that still knew what would get people talking.

Edited by calliope1975

Why did they have Felicity date the blandest looking guy they could find.  I mean, there seems to be a lot of bland white dudes in the show to choose from, but really...him?  The hair alone makes me seriously question her judgement.  

I hope it's Mr Poppy and he's one and done for episodes, but with my luck it will probably be Tyler Ritter and I'll have to fast forward Felicity scenes :(

• Love 1

I will give them so many points if the fact that we can't tell all these bland dudes apart now leads to a major plot point later in the season.  Like they're trying to figure out who Prometheus is and the witness says "White guy, athletic build but not beefy, with scruff and a leather jacket,"  and they are left wondering which of the three guys it is.

• Love 4
(edited)

If its Poppy it's irrelevant and if it's the other guy, who knows I may like him.  I adore Felicity/Barry and actually like Felicity/Ray, at least in 319 and that LoT flashback. I might like Felicity/Cop . 

Plus Felicity/ Cop and Oliver/Reporter works perfectly for my reverse Temp LI theory. 

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

I think it's weird they had all this mystery about who the bf is tho if it's just a random guy. I mean he literally wasn't mentioned as part of Felicity's storyline or olicity's and they don't mention he even existed unless someone directly asked.

Edited by tangerine95
  • Love 2
22 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

If its Poppy it's irrelevant and if it's the other guy, who knows I may like him.

I would be concerned that if it is Mr. Poppy that he might die by the end of the episode. Regardless of if he's the bf or not, I feel like he's the guy Prometheus kills. And by "concerned," I mean with how would they show the idea that someone that Felicity was dating off-screen got murdered by the big bad. 

• Love 1

Well, that's disappointing. But hey, at least Felicity does get a temporary boyfriend. We all know it's temporary too! At least she gets some of her own action as she waits for Oliver to pull his shit together!

I'll be honest, though; I was really loving the Felicity/Barry scenario. It would have been super temporary, and no bland white guys that will disappear this season anyway! 

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

Is Detective #Poppy the one dragging himself on the floor away from Prometheus?

Think so which makes Jack Tripper, Jr a more likely candidate for Felicity's temporary LI.  Oliver will probably see Felicity kissing detective (otherwise why show it through an open door if it was actually about them) in 5.02.  No need for Detective Malone's presence after that unless they need a random cop.  He's served his purpose.  Reporter's first appearance is in 5.03.  

Just a thought.  The only spoiler to come out of the Edmonton expo was SA talking about wearing "charges" and pushing someone into a car.  Now I wonder if this happens in 5.05 and Mayor Handsome pushes Reporter into car out of line of fire which makes her into an immediate fanboy. 

Edited by Sunshine

Okay so I'm guessing the two mayo cops are partners. Detective #Poppy gets killed by Prometheus in the first episode and the other stale bread guy who is also Felicity's boyfriend thinks it was GA and wants to go after him. Hello dumb conflict!

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 11
1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

Okay so I'm guessing the two mayo cops are partners. Detective #Poppy gets killed by Prometheus in the first episode and the other stale bread guy who is also Felicity's boyfriend thinks it was GA and wants to go after him. Hello dumb conflict!

At least this boyfriend can't electrocute Roy?

#brightside #blessed

• Love 13
3 minutes ago, Chaser said:

Lol what's the point? 

McKenna Hall redux or reason for Felicity to quit seeing him.  He's served his purpose.

If they go McKenna Hall way then they really are trying to redo S1.  

This is all gonna bring up trust issues too because Felicity will have been lying to her cop bf about working on Team Arrow (and maybe even lying to Oliver about the fact she even has a bf) so of course that makes her just as bad as Oliver and omg I can see this crap coming from a mile away. 

• Love 5

I mean what is the point of it all? Why give her a boyfriend only to kill him in the first couple episodes? Why does she need to go through that? 

I think there has to be some flashpoint twist. 

As for the potential love interest for 511... I know a couple of people who tried out for that role and got callbacks. So it doesn't seem like they're trying to get someone notable which is why I don't think this love interest is for Oliver. 

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

As for the potential love interest for 511... I know a couple of people who tried out for that role and got callbacks. So it doesn't seem like they're trying to get someone notable which is why I don't think this love interest is for Oliver. 

I like this logic. 

1 minute ago, SmallScreenDiva said:

They already have an LI for Oliver, don't they? Carly Pope's character?

Yeah. If anyone is the love interest it'd be her. Even then I'm doubtful that she's a love interest... 

So I was watching the promo for the first episode and I'm sure someone mentioned this before, that the person that's kidnapped Oliver as Mayor has a badge of some sort around his neck.  He also has the right kind of longish floppy hair.  Could that be the twist?  That Felicity's new boyfriend comes to the loft at the end of the episode and we find out he's the guy that was beating up on Oliver? 

That would put a nail in that relationship pretty fast.   

Edited by BkWurm1
  • Love 1