Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Right now I want to see more of Noah than Donna.I think there's more story potential there since we saw way less of him and his dynamic with Felicity. I do want her to get a few eps in season 5 even tho I didn't really like how she was written at the end of the season.I think it might be better if they drop smoak n lance tbh.It started out fun but by the end they were pushing Donna into some moral compass role for Quentin that really didn't fit her imo.

• Love 1
(edited)

I definitely want more Noah but, i'd like to see more Donna too. I think 2-3 episodes of Donna per season is a good amount.  I'd like to get 2-3 episodes of Noah as well. However, i don't want much overlap.  I'd like to see Felicity's relationship with her father explored independently of Donna.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 16

I liked Donna. But she needs to have an actual SL or be just a breath of fresh air like she was in S3. S4 they used her as their plot pivot/mover and that role did not fit her. It weakened her character. 

As for MM, I think his character & JB have the greatness to be a Morally Grey Character in the likeness of Sloan on Alias. The problem is the writers need to learn the definition of morally grey and then how to actually write it. It's not a failure of the character or the actor.  Once again its a failure of the writers and their ability to be good storytellers.

• Love 3

So, that spoiler about Quentin having a new interestng dynamic with someone "unexpected", or something like that? I guessed Thea at the time, seems like it. He has been taking care of them since Moira died, afterall!

Edited by looptab
  • Love 5

I assume lots of Quentin/Thea scenes means Quentin will be working in or with the mayor's office which most of us predicted anyway.

And the 2 truths, 1 lie game = Tommy still dead (and maybe appearing in flashback), Laurel still dead in present day but alive in flashbacks and as Black Siren, which we knew already. 

Edited by Guest
4 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

I don't think KC and CD were serious with their two truths and a lie answers

Shhhhhh. Yes, they were! LOL. ;P

Oh, I think this is referring to the time they were together, just off screen. I don't think the S5 bit is connected to the two of them.

ETA:

Do you think they did it on purpose? Snicker.

Edited by bijoux
6 minutes ago, bijoux said:

I have a bad feeling about baby Sara.

The show doesn't need kids at all, SA. Sorry. IDK what this means though. 

As for Olicity, it's so weird because 401 had the perfect set up for a future kid talk between them (after their awkward brunch with their neighbors) but it never happened. And then bringing on William but not even using him to show Oliver as a dad (which would have made his goodbye video much more poignant, IMO). So many missteps in that storyline. Yikes.

So no. Kids are not needed, especially if you don't use them properly. 

I think the kids ins5 reference is about the Diggles, since he is reportedly significantly affected by Barry's unspeakable stupidity. He already has one kid in the original timeline and another in a possible future timeline. So it makes sense that whatever kid storyline there is, it's his. And I just don't want it to be William. Even if they managed to pull this thing completely around, unless they recast, that very cute child is a block of wood on screen.

• Love 8

Am I correct in remembering that Felicity will be on 302 of The Flash? Which we assumed is how she gets to know about the Flashpoint? Yet this is not dealt with in 502, which airs after her Flash appearance? And I do know she's in 502, since she's there with the new masks.

7 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Am I correct in remembering that Felicity will be on 302 of The Flash? Which we assumed is how she gets to know about the Flashpoint? Yet this is not dealt with in 502, which airs after her Flash appearance? And I do know she's in 502, since she's there with the new masks.

She is in 302 of Flash and all we know so far is that she's "giving advice."

I think this person meant 503-505 will deal with the fallout of flashpoint. So seems like flashpoint might only last the first 2 episodes.

EDIT: Just checked the twitter and she's pretty sure he meant the fallout of flashpoint. :)

Edited by Guest

I think there is no chance that Felicity is getting pregnant with Oliver's child, so possible kid scenarios, rated best to worst:

1.  Diggle now has John, Jr. as well as baby Sara.

2.  Diggle has John, Jr. instead of baby Sara.

3.  William is back and living with Oliver.

4.  And ripping one from the Moonlighting playbook of ship stalls that Guggenheim loves so much:  Felicity gets pregnant by Flashpoint boyfriend, and when things revert she's still pregnant.  

Edited by thegirlsleuth
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, thegirlsleuth said:

4.  And ripping one from the Moonlighting playbook of ship stalls that Guggenheim loves so much:  Felicity gets pregnant by Flashpoint boyfriend, and when things revert she's still pregnant.  

BE GONE, DEMON. AWAY WITH YOU. SCRAM. 

I don't think the kids thing is anything to do with Felicity and if it is, BYE! Not here for it.

Seriously though, I'm wondering if they've completely removed Baby Sara from existence. 

1 minute ago, Angel12d said:

I don't think the kids thing is anything to do with Felicity and if it is, BYE! Not here for it.

Seriously though, I'm wondering if they've completely removed Baby Sara from existence. 

Hahaha! Telling demons to scram is a noted exorcism technique.

Actually, the Felicity getting pregnant by another dude is me disaster planning, because while its hard to imagine the writers doing something so awful and stupid, you can never rule it out with these folks.

• Love 3

Ugh, when he said the thing about the show needing kids, my greatest fear was that said kid would be lil William. Looks like our least favorite Crayola-loving plot line is gonna be back. I knew it was too much to hope that dumbass storyline had been tossed in the garbage where it belonged.  

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

Hahaha! Telling demons to scram is a noted exorcism technique.

Actually, the Felicity getting pregnant by another dude is me disaster planning, because while its hard to imagine the writers doing something so awful and stupid, you can never rule it out with these folks.

Oh, unfortunately you can't rule anything out with these writers. Sad but true. I really don't think it's anything to do with Felicity though. 

Maybe it's also something to do with William if SA smiling is anything to go by.

UGH. Why do they insist on sticking by their worst storylines? I'll never understand. Idiots!

Edited by Guest
5 minutes ago, Angel12d said:

I'm calling the Winchesters because this needs some hard-core blue collar level of exorcism.

• Love 7
4 minutes ago, Velocity23 said:

geez. Did i stumble into the worst predictions for s5 thread? *exits thread*

No. It's the spoiler discussion thread. Which is what everyone is doing. Discussing spoilers.

I think I need to see video. I need more context. One of the twitters is pretty sure it's referring to an Olicity kid, not Sara or William.

When I read the first tweet, I actually thought the 'kids' were the newbies. I got the impression from the trailer Oliver and Felicity will be raising them. 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

::vomit emoji::

I am not shy in calling Barry The Worst for his time traveling shenanigans, but he would have gone a long way in earning my forgiveness if he'd made Spawn and BM disappear from all Earths ever. But, once again, Barry can't even get that right.

• Love 17

Not sure if this is coming across in other tweets about the panel, but when someone asked when Oliver and Nyssa were going to get a divorce, Stephen started to give one answer, but then stopped himself, and went with "Oliver doesn't recognize the LoA as a legal entity". Made me think his original answer was going to be spoilery.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Chaser said:

When I read the first tweet, I actually thought the 'kids' were the newbies. I got the impression from the trailer Oliver and Felicity will be raising them. 

Ooh, I haven't thought of that, but good guess.

2 minutes ago, lemotomato said:

Not sure if this is coming across in other tweets about the panel, but when someone asked when Oliver and Nyssa were going to get a divorce, Stephen started to give one answer, but then stopped himself, and went with "Oliver doesn't recognize the LoA as a legal entity". Made me think his original answer was going to be spoilery.

Has there been any news of KL?

I like Nyssa but I'm hoping we don't see her again. Anything LOA I do not want. 

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, thegirlsleuth said:

If they bring William back, maybe they are hitting the reset button on the garbage fire storyline, redoing it so that Oliver doesn't lie this time and maybe doesn't cut William off.

But that child actor is still no good.  An FP reset won't fix that.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, bijoux said:

But that child actor is still no good.  An FP reset won't fix that.

Should have been Laurels kid *instead. Blank Stare Syndrome could be heredity.

Edited by Chaser
Added Instead because I don't want anyone to think I thought about Oliver and Laurel procreating.
  • Love 13

Will the thing about Oliver not being dedicated be part of the Falshpoint effect that we'll be seeing in 503-503? Because apparently he's all and exclusively in in the beginning, seeing as he's neglecting his mayoral duties b/c of his busy GA schedule.

I'm assuming he's a terrible mayor at the start because he's all about being GA and then slowly starts to focus more on being a good mayor which means he'll question his dedication to GA, especially if the newbies start to be helpful in the city. Seems like every season will have Oliver in some inner conflict with his two selves. 

Edited by Guest
5 hours ago, lemotomato said:

SA just said that the William storyline has not been forgotten. And then he smiled.

I don't mind them not forgetting it as long as it becomes a cautionary tale about bad writing and bad casting.  But I never want to see William again until he's SORAS'd.

I will be upset if Baby Sara no longer exists.  Aren't spoilers supposed to make you excited to watch the show?

• Love 6

I feel like it could be something which proves that flashpoint is affecting the show? Maybe the whole episode things are happening as normal, or at least seems to be, but then we reach the last five minutes and it's something like Tommy or Laurel or Moira suddenly being alive and no one thinking anything is strange about it. Then 502 will continue on that same theme until I presume Barry sorts his crap out.

Edited by Guest