Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

(edited)

From what DR said, Diggle lied to protect himself, not Lyla.  I don't think he's lying because he's afraid she'd hate or dump him. I think he lied because he couldn't admit it to her.  DR mentioned that it was very un-Diggle like and I'm guessing part of his character growth

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 2

What's he protecting himself from, though? I guess that's what I'm having a hard time understanding. He told Oliver what happened, but he lied to Lyla. So it's not like he's lying to himself to make himself feel better about what he's done - he knows, he's admitted it. Seems like he's protecting himself from Lyla's judgment since she said he was acting like the man she divorced. Maybe they'll expand on what exactly is going on in the coming eps? Hopefully (but I'm not counting on it). 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, wonderwall said:

SA was even talking about how great it would be to see Oliver change diapers and everything...

... And then there EBR is shaking her head at everything in regards to Felicity being pregnant or having a baby lmao

Sara is still in diapers. Have Oliver babysit and there you go. 

• Love 15
27 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

What's he protecting himself from, though? I guess that's what I'm having a hard time understanding. He told Oliver what happened, but he lied to Lyla. So it's not like he's lying to himself to make himself feel better about what he's done - he knows, he's admitted it. Seems like he's protecting himself from Lyla's judgment since she said he was acting like the man she divorced. Maybe they'll expand on what exactly is going on in the coming eps? Hopefully (but I'm not counting on it). 

i have no idea, he didn't go into that, just that it was very un-diggle like to lie because Diggle is a very black & white kind of guy.  I'm guessing this is part of a larger Diggle change, same as Felicity and the nuke will play a part in her evolution

25 minutes ago, bijoux said:

Sara is still in diapers. Have Oliver babysit and there you go. 

If Lyla kicks John out then maybe he and Oliver can get an apartment together. The days John has Sara they can play My Two Dads.

• Love 3
(edited)
6 minutes ago, Tallis said:

If Lyla kicks John out then maybe he and Oliver can get an apartment together. The days John has Sara they can play My Two Dads.

If Oliver doesn't end up Mayor by season's end, they'd be My Two Unemployed Dads.

Edited by lemotomato
  • Love 3
(edited)

Dig's lie for me was big. In my mind it was a little worse than bmd in the sense that he didn't have to lie. He is only protecting himself. He could have told Lyla the truth, but instead he fabricated a story. There is withholding a truth while you're trying to figure out a situation. That was not the case with Dig. He straight up lied. It was lying when there was no need to lying. I hate having drama between L&D but I want there to be repercussions. You can't blatantly lie to your partner and expect them to just be OK with it, especially considering Lyla is soldier and would understand. Big mistake in my book.

Edited by kismet
  • Love 2

I'm wondering how operation rescue Thea will affect the other peple under the dome. Will they lead the team back up to the surface? It doesn't seem wise given that a) they should be safer where they are - unless HIVE has some self-destruct setting, which would be entirely believable, and b) they are all under the influence of the yellow pills like Alex or indoctrinated like Andy. Alex wasn't violent, but he wasn't on them that long. It seems like potentially unleashing additional threats or at least hindrances. I am a bit afraid that Oliver will do it because of Baby Canary's guilt trip leading to him not wanting to leave these people behind again. 

On another note, I expect the tattoo will evaporate when Darhk is taken down. It will have served its narrative purpose, it cuts down on SA's make up time for shirtless scenes, and it could be a metaphor for Oliver's wounds from his 5 years in hell healing.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, tangerine95 said:

I find it really weird if they end the season apart.It's not how they usually write. I mean they made a big deal about an engagement in both the premiere and midseason, broke them up in 4.15 and have already resolved most of the issues tbh and they barely seem broken up already. Its really underwhelming to end the season  with just a hint of hope for them considering the huge moments they wrote for them in all the big episodes this season and pretty much for the past 2 seasons olicity has been a huge part of the finale. I guess we'll see how it plays out tho.

The notion that they might WANT to try and be together again but something gets in the way would work. If the world wasn't falling into a cavernous hole I'd expect a conversation about their future where Felicity is uncertain but Oliver says think about it and if you want to try again, meet me at so and so restaurant and if you don't, I won't bring it up again and then we see Felicity coming to the restaurant but something getting in the way (and being TV no one can just call and ask for a rain check). 

Since there is a cavernous hole, I think the best we could hope for is an acknowledgment that she wants to not give up on them but it's too soon and too much has happened to know if it's just the stress of losing Laurel (blech) and dealing with DD or if it's what she really wants.  I'd be thrilled if they agreed to put a pin in their "relationship" and just worked at being friends and teammates, agreeing to revisit the topic in say five months (Octoberish) but I fear something more drama filled will be on the table.  

2 hours ago, wonderwall said:

SA was even talking about how great it would be to see Oliver change diapers and everything...

... And then there EBR is shaking her head at everything in regards to Felicity being pregnant or having a baby lmao

Do male actors even realize how awful it is for a female actress to play pregnant for months wearing that padding?  Not to mention it limiting her storylines or turning fans against her when they open her up for judgment on if she'd a good enough mother.  That belongs on a different show or at the VERY end.  Baby sitting yes, I could even be open to  the spawn's return since older kid can be shuffled off to school or friends or camp (or they can age him up with a little help from LoT - poof, he's eighteen next season!) but baby would be really limiting for Felicity as a regular weekly character.  Lyla has an army to help her and is off screen most episodes.  The dynamic would be completely different for Oliver and Felicity and while yes, there would be some excruciatingly adorable and precious moments created, the trade off isn't worth it. 

1 hour ago, apinknightmare said:

Possibly. I guess I just don't see what would be so difficult about telling her the truth? I mean, he lied and said Andy threatened him, when in actuality he threatened Lyla and Sara. Lyla might not have cared if he threatened her, but I think she would've been okay with Digg doing what he had to do to keep Sara safe. It's not like he shot Andy while he wasn't looking, or grossly misrepresented what happened. If he had I could see this tearing him or them up, but that's not what happened. 

But cheap drama from lies is nothing new here, so I guess we're in for more of that.

It would parallel Diggle not letting Lyla in the way that Oliver shut Felicity out of his life.  Diggle told Oliver he's afraid it would change how Lyla looked at him if she knew, which given how pragmatic Lyla is, it shouldn't but this show skips logic  (aka Oliver would never have kept secret kid from Felicity) so if they tied Diggle going off the rails and shooting Andy to Diggle being unhinged and not following protocols to Diggle the man she divorced, yeah, we could have a Dyla issue.  Best case scenario, Diggle realized he needs to take time off and concentrate on his family.  Worst case, he keeps lying to Lyla and it makes him not open up to why he can't put Andy's death behind him (which would be causing problems in their marriage next season)  Still, I can't see them breaking up Diggle and Lyla for good.  But I can see them do a story where  they have to find their way back to each other as a lesson for how they always have to keep working on their open communication. 

• Love 1
13 minutes ago, kismet said:

Dig's lie for me was big. In my mind it was a little worse than bmd in the sense that he didn't have to lie. He is only protecting himself. He could have told Lyla the truth, but instead he fabricated a story. There is withholding a truth while you're trying to figure out a situation. That was not the case with Dig. He straight up lied. It was lying when there was no need to lying. I hate having drama between L&D but I want there to be repercussions. You can't blatantly lie to your partner and expect them to just be OK with it, especially considering Lyla is soldier and would understand. Big mistake in my book.

I don't see it that way because I saw Diggle lying to her because he wasn't ready to face what he did himself. He chose to kill his little brother and I'm sure that's killing him inside. When she asked him what happened he couldn't admit what he did because he was ashamed. He was weak in that moment but went through an incredibly traumatic event. He killed his own brother.

I'm not saying Lyla should be okay with him lying to her, I can see her being pissed he didn't open up to her because she of all people would have understood and helped him but it's not worse than the BM lie IMO. Oliver had so many different options and he chose to have the best of both worlds, Diggle had to kill his own brother and that guilt is making him act like he normally wouldn't.

• Love 9

I would have preferred he just said he didn't want to talk about. Or at least cleared it up by now. I know he is going through a million levels of pain, so I'll cut him some slack. But he didn't need to fabricate a story, thats a conscious decision. I do wonder if this relates back to his behavior that contributed to their divorce.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I don't see it that way because I saw Diggle lying to her because he wasn't ready to face what he did himself. He chose to kill his little brother and I'm sure that's killing him inside. When she asked him what happened he couldn't admit what he did because he was ashamed. He was weak in that moment but went through an incredibly traumatic event. He killed his own brother.

This is where I have an issue with it being something that he doesn't want to admit, because he told Oliver what happened. If he was telling everyone this lie that Andy went for his gun, then I'd get that he doesn't want to face what he did. Because he's not telling Lyla, he just doesn't want her to know what happened. Which seems especially stupid to me because the lie isn't any better than the truth. I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about when a man tells you that he's gonna kill your wife and daughter because you can't protect them all the time, and you decide to take him out. If he'd taken a cheap shot when Andy wasn't looking or something, I'd get it. This? I really don't.

• Love 4
(edited)

He didn't need to, no doubt about that, but I can sympathize with someone having to deal with that guilt and understanding being being messed up. I can also see Dig's guilt getting worse in the next episodes before it gets better.

But I can't compare it with Oliver's lie, who simply sent his brain on vacation and thought he could play dad in one city and plan to have a second family with Felicity who knew nothing in another seemingly without issues.

5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

This is where I have an issue with it being something that he doesn't want to admit, because he told Oliver what happened. If he was telling everyone this lie that Andy went for his gun, then I'd get that he doesn't want to face what he did. Because he's not telling Lyla, he just doesn't want her to know what happened. Which seems especially stupid to me because the lie isn't any better than the truth. I don't think there's anything to be ashamed about when a man tells you that he's gonna kill your wife and daughter because you can't protect them all the time, and you decide to take him out. If he'd taken a cheap shot when Andy wasn't looking or something, I'd get it. This? I really don't.

I thought he only told him because he caught him right after the fact. I thought if he didn't he would have gotten the version he gave to Lyla as well. That's the feeling I got watching the episode.

I don't think it's a matter of analyzing it from a logical POV. He chose to kill his brother and no matter the circumstances I can't imagine that not messing anyone up.

Edited by Midnight Lullaby
  • Love 1
2 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

I thought he only told him because he caught him right after the fact. I thought if he didn't he would have gotten the version he gave to Lyla as well. That's the feeling I got watching the episode.

I'm not sure that matters since Oliver walked up on him after Andy was already dead. Oliver wouldn't have known Andy didn't reach for Digg's gun, so if Digg had wanted to, he could've lied to Oliver too. 

Just now, apinknightmare said:

I'm not sure that matters since Oliver walked up on him after Andy was already dead. Oliver wouldn't have known Andy didn't reach for Digg's gun, so if Digg had wanted to, he could've lied to Oliver too. 

He could have had. I'm saying the feeling I got is that he arrived in the aftermath of that and he told him what happened in shock.

• Love 1
(edited)
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

He could have had. I'm saying the feeling I got is that he arrived in the aftermath of that and he told him what happened in shock.

He admitted to killing him to Lyla though. He just lied about the threat, so...agree to disagree. 

Edited by apinknightmare
2 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He admitted to killing him to Lyla though. He just lied about the threat, so...agree to disagree. 

Choosing to kill him (they could have sent him to a top security prison, like Slade's) and killing in self defense is a big difference for me. Not to say that if he acted in self defense he wouldn't have cared that he killed his brother but I think making a decision like that is an added burden.

Yes, we should agree to disagree, I just wanted to make clear it wasn't only killing him that I thought was the matter. :)

• Love 2
(edited)
8 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Choosing to kill him (they could have sent him to a top security prison, like Slade's) and killing in self defense is a big difference for me. Not to say that if he acted in self defense he wouldn't have cared that he killed his brother but I think making a decision like that is an added burden.

Yes, we should agree to disagree, I just wanted to make clear it wasn't only killing him that I thought was the matter. :)

My point was that he doesn't seem to have any issue coming to terms with what he did, because he readily admitted to Lyla that he killed Andy. That was your initial point that I responded to. If he'd lied to her about killing him, I would totally agree with you that he was having issues coming to terms. To me, there isn't that big of a difference between "I killed him because he threatened my life" and "I killed him because he threatened your life and Sara's." I'm just not understanding the reasoning for the lie or why he's so hesitant to tell Lyla the truth. Lyla wouldn't think twice about killing someone who threatened their daughter, and I'm sure Digg knows that. 

Edited by apinknightmare
3 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

My point was that he doesn't seem to have any issue coming to terms with what he did, because he readily admitted to Lyla that he killed Andy. That was your initial point that I responded to. If he'd lied to her about killing him, I would totally agree with you that he was having issues coming to terms. To me, there isn't that big of a difference between "I killed him because he threatened my life" and "I killed him because he threatened your life and Sara's." I'm just not understanding the reasoning for the lie or why he's so hesitant to tell Lyla the truth. Lyla wouldn't think twice about killing someone who threatened their daughter, and I'm sure Digg knows that. 

Because it's a choice. Self defense implies you have no choice, you react and kill that person before he can kill you. The difference isn't about being a threat to him or being a threat to his wife and daughter, the difference is between saying he pulled a gun at me and I reacted, I didn't want to kill him but I had no choice and saying this guy is a threat to my family, in the future he might kill them so I'm choosing to end his life. This choice was like Oliver's choice to kill or not kill Slade.

I can see making that kind of decision, especially if it involves your brother, making you think other people will look at you differently because you look at yourself differently. Oliver said he had the strength to let Slade live and here Dig didn't. I wouldn't blame either of them for ending what is an obvious threat but I can see that choice weighting on someone's conscience terribly.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Midnight Lullaby said:

Because it's a choice. Self defense implies you have no choice, you react and kill that person before he can kill you. The difference isn't about being a threat to him or being a threat to his wife and daughter, the difference is between saying he pulled a gun at me and I reacted, I didn't want to kill him but I had no choice and saying this guy is a threat to my family, in the future he might kill them so I'm choosing to end his life. This choice was like Oliver's choice to kill or not kill Slade.

I can see making that kind of decision, especially if it involves your brother, making you think other people will look at you differently because you look at yourself differently. Oliver said he had the strength to let Slade live and here Dig didn't. I wouldn't blame either of them for ending what is an obvious threat but I can see that choice weighting on someone's conscience terribly.

Like I wrote in my response to you, I think that Lyla would understand why he did what he did. If he was worried about anyone judging him for what he'd done, it should be no-kill Oliver, the person he told the actual truth to. 

• Love 1

In 4.01 the only character not wanting to be a member of Team Arrow was Oliver.  He wanted to put that "lifestyle" behind him.  I have to wonder if he is the only one who embraces the role by the end of 4.23 and if S5 starts with him having been working solo for a while (hiatus).  

Felicity wanted to do this because it gave her a purpose, a way to help people.  There was a lot of collateral damage in 4.21.  It certainly wasn't her fault but it makes me wonder if she doesn't think she needs to devote all her time to her new mission (affordable medical technology for helping people).  She could either fight to get her job back at Palmer Tech or use her assets to create a small private company not answerable to a board concerned only with the bottom line.  This could be where we find her in 5.1.  Either way, I am sure Curtis will be helping. (I guess 4.22 is going to tell us where her head is at.  EBR said it's her favorite episode of S4.)

Diggle was about family and team.  Based on what DR is saying, it sounds like he's taking a break from the team, maybe the family too (although perhaps not by choice).

Thea could go dark.  She could just decide to take a break and look up Roy.  She could stay and do her own thing as Speedy.

No one has to actually leave Star City. (I think Lance does with Donna based on BTS but it might be temporary.) They are all friends so Oliver could still interact with them and eventually unite them as Team Green Arrow.   

If Colton's right, Roy will be showing up at some point.  Curtis will be getting a mask.  Caity talks like she wants to come back (not sure if crossover or before LOT starts filming).  Baby Canary is out there somewhere.  All this means is Oliver could have help while Diggle, Felicity & Thea are doing their own thing.    

• Love 2
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Like I wrote in my response to you, I think that Lyla would understand why he did what he did. If he was worried about anyone judging him for what he'd done, it should be no-kill Oliver, the person he told the actual truth to. 

And as I said I don't think he is in a place to analyze this rationally. I agree that Lyla wouldn't judge him but when when you are judging yourself you can't help but think others will judge you too. It's simple from the outside but when you have the guilt of choosing to kill your brother not so much. And I think now we are going in circles and I have nothing to add on the subject so we should just agree to disagree and move on.

• Love 1

So DD has to cause deaths to get the bad power mojo. We presume Oliver is going to...inspire people with that crowd scene to, perhaps, get the good power mojo? Think happy thoughts and he can fly save the day!

• Love 6
(edited)
4 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

So DD has to cause deaths to get the bad power mojo. We presume Oliver is going to...inspire people with that crowd scene to, perhaps, get the good power mojo? Think happy thoughts and he can fly save the day!

It's going to be the Star City equivalent of this:

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Do you think this season will end with Oliver being mayor? It looks like it's Oliver Queen who inspires the people to help, not GA. And he had write-in votes before.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

It's going to be the Star City equivalent of this:

DAMNIT, I'VE BEEN SAYING THAT FOR WEEKS!

Ooh, maybe Laurel's gravestone comes alive to be the justice DD can't run from.

• Love 1
14 minutes ago, calliope1975 said:

I saw this shirt at a Tinkerbell-themed runners' expo last week and thought of Oliver

iSKb09Pm.jpg

• Love 2

Felicity and Noah only had 24 hours to save the world - comic preview shows that she used part of that time to run comms to rescue Thea, instead of working on a solution to save the world.  You know what this tells me - Thea's life is more important than the everyone in the world.

• Love 1
Just now, ComicFan777 said:

Felicity and Noah only had 24 hours to save the world - comic preview shows that she used part of that time to run comms to rescue Thea, instead of working on a solution to save the world.  You know what this tells me - Thea's life is more important than the everyone in the world.

GET READY FOR THE PITCHFORKS!

Wait. Probably won't happen ;)

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, dtissagirl said:

I want the tattoo to start glowing when the crowds start cheering. Oooh, and then laser beams should come out of the tattoo and kill DD.

GIVE IT TO ME, SHOW.

HIS SHIRT BURNS RIGHT OFF

• Love 12
1 minute ago, apinknightmare said:

Is there a way this can happen while Oliver is hugging Diggle so Diggle's shirt can burn right off too????

I need this. 

For science.

• Love 8
5 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Because who doesn't want this from their Mayor (makes note to suggest this to Sadiq Khan).

4 minutes ago, wonderwall said:

GET READY FOR THE PITCHFORKS!

Wait. Probably won't happen ;)

Oh, there'll be pitchforks... for Felicity. How dare she not be able to split herself into two to save the world from nukes and Thea at the same time? She's a mass murderer and she wants Thea to die!

• Love 11

The fact that EBR admitted today at the con that she knew Felicity was safe from the start of the season just makes that kind of response to the character even sweeter to me. The business side of this whole shebang considers her untouchable, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Love 23
9 hours ago, tv echo said:

Does that mean that they just don't address it at all and then everyone goes to do their own thing? 

2 hours ago, Angel12d said:

Do you think this season will end with Oliver being mayor? It looks like it's Oliver Queen who inspires the people to help, not GA. And he had write-in votes before.

If not by the end of the episode, certainly by the start of the next season. 

2 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I wonder how he's going to channel these good thoughts? Is he going to tell people that GA needs positive energy? Do they have to cheer? 

Hello, do you not know how these things work?  You have to clap or crow and chant "I do believe in the Green Arrow!" 

• Love 2

Nothing coming out of the COH2 make me inspired to watch the last 2 episodes. But nothing is getting me anxious or riled up. I have reached a zen place with the show. I feel like no matter what they do with any of the characters, it will be OK. I'm not involved invested in any particular outcome. It's rather liberating. The last 2 episodes have been so good, that I'm gonna enjoy whatever ride they have in store.

3 hours ago, BkWurm1 said:

Does that mean that they just don't address it at all and then everyone goes to do their own thing? 

If not by the end of the episode, certainly by the start of the next season. 

Hello, do you not know how these things work?  You have to clap or crow and chant "I do believe in the Green Arrow!" 

No, you have to Super Believe in the Green Arrow and/or Tad Cooper

• Love 2

Re the finale  and the spec:

OLIVER TEAMS UP WITH A SURPRISING FORCE TO STOP DAMIEN DARHK – Oliver (Stephen Amell) teams up with a surprising force in an attempt to stop Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and his magic once and for all. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim (#423). Original airdate 5/25/2016.

Most of the spec I've seen on this has said that they think OQ will team up with MM (again) but what if he has to team up with Anarchy.  I think that would be an interesting dynamic and may push Thea down a darker path.  

Oliver needs to be powered by the forces of good. A psycho, however entertaining and right he was in the last episode, doesn't play into that. It's the city believing in him.

• Love 1

If the surprising force is MM again, I'm gonna personally send the Arrow promo team the definition of surprising.

As for the rumors of collecting happy thoughts or claps, I really hope it involves mason jars and firefly like balls of light. I hope they saved money in their CGI/pier 1 budget. Anything less than that and I'll be disappointed.

I also wonder if they can break the 4th wall and get audience participation - maybe we are the surprising force :)

• Love 2

I can't believe I'm saying this, but you know what I actually find more intriguing? How Oliver manages to beat Reiter on the island. Beating DD seems relatively clear cut at this point, but if Oliver actually managed to beat Reiter wouldn't he know this by now? I've basically got three options.

1. He beat him by becoming darkness, what the hell ever that means, and he couldn't do that again now.
  2. In a surprising twist, Oliver doesn't actually beat his nemesis. Instead it was DD who showed up on the island, offed Reiter and collected the idol. Oliver, for one reason or another just never saw his face. Maybe it happened while he was fighting demonic Poppy.
  3. He used The Photo as a shield of goodness to repell Reiter.

I think I'd prefer the last one for shits and giggles.

• Love 2

I predict DD will come retrieve the idol. Because no way Reiter was head honcho.

But I totally she the Photo being used to ward off Poppy's evil. They have pay KC anyway why not get one more use out of the photo?

15 hours ago, lemotomato said:

- SA teasing about the stupid GA goatee 

Wait, is he actually growing a goatee or is he just growing his beard like he does on hiatus? No to the goatee!

13 hours ago, wonderwall said:

I hope, hope, hope, he was just joking. :/

10 hours ago, apinknightmare said:

I know you all have moved on from this, but I just wanted to put my 2cents in: I think Diggle is ashamed because he killed him in a fit of rage. At least that's what I got from his face after he shot him. Andy was goading him and goading him, and, sure, he was actually threatening his family, but I don't know that Dig wouldn't have found another way - considering the discussion he had about him with Lyla after he beat him in 410 - had he been more rational, rather than acting "like the man she divorced", with a one-track mind, blind to anything else. Hope they'll expand on this, though.

8 hours ago, dtissagirl said:

The fact that EBR admitted today at the con that she knew Felicity was safe from the start of the season just makes that kind of response to the character even sweeter to me. The business side of this whole shebang considers her untouchable, so. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Especially if you think that apparently they were so eager to put the audience at ease that they pushed for adding that FF in 410. :)

• Love 2