Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

1 minute ago, Chaser said:

Well that's a little underwhelming. 

Isn't that the third effin' time the synopsis used the words "surprising ally"? 

Once for Curtis for 417, once for Noah, and now for the finale?

• Love 1

Game changer, I'm SURE.

I don't know - I've been melancholy since the spoilers for "Lost in the Flood" came out.  I just don't have a lot of faith in this, although I probably should given how "Genesis" went.  Give me something to hold onto, Arrow.

(edited)
1 minute ago, BkWurm1 said:

Maybe the "surprising ally" is the people of Star City?

Maybe? Although I find the idea that the citizens of the city would be a surprising ally in saving their own city pretty amusing. But then again they are idiots, so.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

The creativity is astounding. 

He already teamed with Malcolm. I saw a suggestion for Star City citizens. I could see that one, a larger scale of what happened in the Glades. 

Oliver teams up with a surprising force.

Wow. I'm overwhelmed by the information and detail.

That kinda sounds like Star City to me. A city is a surprising force maybe fighting back because they can't go through this crap again.

(edited)

I will LOL forever if Laurel's ghost helps save the day. Hahaha.

I only suggest the city as the surprising force because of these bts pictures of Oliver seeming to talk to the crowd of people and there were cheers. 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 4
(edited)

I would also LOL at Laurel's ghost helping to save the city, but of the possible explanations for the BC sighting, I would take that one over some others.  

ETA:. I just had an insane thought based on that.  Maybe Oliver pulls an Aragorn, summoning the spirits of the dead to help defeat Dahrk. :)

Edited by Starfish35
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, Angel12d said:

I will LOL forever if Laurel's ghost helps save the day. Hahaha.

I only suggest the city as the surprising force because of these bts pictures of Oliver seeming to talk to the crowd of people and there were cheers. 

The shots of Oliver rallying the city was were I got the idea as well. 

• Love 1
(edited)

The phrase used is "surprising force" so it might simply be his inner light. He is going to inspire/rally the city.  Baby Canary might be part of that.  I was only half-joking when I said the spirit of Black Canary.  I half expect there to be some sort of tribute because they have made her more important in death then I ever saw on my screen in 88 episodes. Since the final scene (based on wardrobe from BTS pictures) could be Oliver & Felicity at her grave that might be the tribute. 

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

I hope it's not the citizens of Star City thinking 'happy thoughts.'  It worked for me once in Doctor Who, but it is honestly so cheesy!  I really, really don't want a citizen army because that retreads their own Brick/BC arc.

Now, what I could accept is some form of Oliver taking non-magical strength from the city.  He gives the speech, but then random citizens tell him how much he means to them: he saved their brother, he stopped that druglord, etc... And knowing the city is behind him helps him move forward.  Like a Felicity pep-talk from the whole city!  It would be nice confirmation that he is making a difference.  Of course, such a scene would have more meaning if the city didn't believe the Arrow died last year.

• Love 4
15 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

ChtV7hWW0AA_ec1.jpg

15 hours ago, Velocity23 said:

ChtYwwSWEAIv-6i.jpg

15 hours ago, looptab said:

So much for not having the same beats for Thea/Merlyn and Felicity/Noah. Am I a Merlyn or a Queen?/Am I a Smoak or a Kuttler?

Still, don't care. :) Bring it! I also like the issue Thea is going to face, since it's a question been raised several times, why Thea decided to join Team Arrow.

After hearing more of WM's answers this season, I think she just has stock answers that she gives. She might not have stock words like "epic" or "game-changer" like MG - but her answers are almost interchangeable for characters & plots. It's like she has one stock Mad Libs answer and just inserts words & characters. I also am beginning to put very little weight in what she actually says, considering it doesn't generally match up with the show.

16 minutes ago, kismet said:

After hearing more of WM's answers this season, I think she just has stock answers that she gives. She might not have stock words like "epic" or "game-changer" like MG - but her answers are almost interchangeable for characters & plots. It's like she has one stock Mad Libs answer and just inserts words & characters. I also am beginning to put very little weight in what she actually says, considering it doesn't generally match up with the show.

i felt like she gave good answers earlier in the season.  I'm willing to cut her some slack for end of the season fatigue.  Plus they really do tend to explore a lot of the same character beats with different characters (hopefully with different outcomes).

• Love 4

Yeah, me too. I didn't mean to come off harsh in my previous post, just wanted to point out the contradiction. :) Wendy has been such an improvement over MG. Besides I think there's only so many ways  you can hint at something without giving the entire thing up, so..

I feel like WM gives good answers for press interviews during the summer months. But intra season for me are just a flop. I might dislike MG as much if not a lil more - but at least i can laugh at his wording. Plus he toys with his audience so at least that is entertaining even if its not informative. 

• Love 1
7 hours ago, TrueMyth said:

I hope it's not the citizens of Star City thinking 'happy thoughts.'  It worked for me once in Doctor Who, but it is honestly so cheesy!  I really, really don't want a citizen army because that retreads their own Brick/BC arc.

I didn't even think of some sort of "happy thoughts" solution  (please no). I really thought it was just going to be Oliver getting the people of Star City to stand up for themselves, stop the rioting and help fight HIVE/Darhk.

I don't think it's Baby Canary or LL's ghost at all. I could also see it being the Tattoo (Deus) Ex Machina  or Malcolm or The Citizens of SC but, that's about it.

• Love 2

The ally thing makes me wonder about WM saying the fight in the finale is "going national." She also said, "He's going to really have to dig deep to find a way not just to find the strength within himself, but actually inspire a bunch of other people to find that same strength and push back and fight back." So...that doesn't help. The first makes me think that they might finally get some federal assistance with this mess, and the second (along with the spoilers about the crowd scene) make me think Oliver's leading citizens in a big Care Bear Stare or whatever.

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, Carrie Ann said:

The first makes me think that they might finally get some federal assistance with this mess, and the second (along with the spoilers about the crowd scene) make me think Oliver's leading citizens in a big Care Bear Stare or whatever.

Yes please!

giphy.gif

• Love 12

The special ally is Tommy coming back from the his secret hideaway to use his newly acquired powers of kickass. Plus perhaps LL dying makes it possible for him to return - it somehow releases the magical hold that him dying to save her kept him from achieving. They have gone a whole season with CD making a guest appearance. I know he is busy on another show but he's got time for a cameo right?

I'm torn between this post being an absolute joke or perhaps too much of an actual real desire because I love Tommy and he deserves to come back if only to sucker punch the writers for that retcon.

On a more serious note, I do wonder if perhaps Shado or Yao Fei will make a spiritual return that will somehow come into play to defeat Darhk.

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, GirlvsTV said:

Yes please!

giphy.gif

OMG. I'm feeling my age now. Wow. Haha.

This is totally gonna happen isn't it? Oliver is going to be the light that inspires people. Haha.

• Love 5

I do think that people who say SC is the ally got it right in one. They don't need to power Oliver to fight Darhk, they can stand up to the Ghosts. And the faith they put in Oliver when they do just that makes him see that there is plenty of good in him.

• Love 1
(edited)

Just because there seems to be confusion.  The description is:

Schism” — (8:00-9:00 p.m. ET) (Content Rating TBD) (HDTV)

OLIVER TEAMS UP WITH A SURPRISING FORCE TO STOP DAMIEN DARHK – Oliver (Stephen Amell) teams up with a surprising force in an attempt to stop Damien Darhk (guest star Neal McDonough) and his magic once and for all. John Behring directed the episode with story by Greg Berlanti and teleplay by Wendy Mericle and Marc Guggenheim (#423). Original airdate 5/25/2016.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

So in part 1 he describes the season finale in 3 words "where did everybody go?". Again math or grammar not a strong skill, but regardless it made me think that perhaps as part of the final seasons I wonder if OQ is going to wake up and find himself alone in the underground bubble suburbia. Perhaps something will happen and people (including his team) will think that he is dead. It will then be his legacy or words that inspire people to fight on. So a mass audience channeling themselves for a greater purpose is why DD is defeated. They are literally redoing every note of s3 (including bringing Brick back), so why not redo SC fighting on in his absence?

There is also the possibility that even after he defeats DD, he winds up alone in the nexus. There is something ironic and bookending about him closing in a suburban nightmare that is physically identical to his suburban dream neighborhood. Also it would be an organic way to have the team separate for the hiatus by having him wake up alone in suburbia from Hell.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, kismet said:

So in part 1 he describes the season finale in 3 words "where did everybody go?". Again math or grammar not a strong skill

He said "Where'd everybody go?" So, for once his math is right!

• Love 2
7 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

He said "Where'd everybody go?" So, for once his math is right!

According to spell check and my basic memory of grammar "where'd" is not a word. So either he only technically said 2 words or its more like 4. But honestly I was just joking around.

4 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm, you think connected to that "chasm" line in the script?

I think it might be which is what I was saying in my previous post.

20 minutes ago, kismet said:

So in part 1 he describes the season finale in 3 words "where did everybody go?". Again math or grammar not a strong skill, but regardless it made me think that perhaps as part of the final seasons I wonder if OQ is going to wake up and find himself alone in the underground bubble suburbia. Perhaps something will happen and people (including his team) will think that he is dead. It will then be his legacy or words that inspire people to fight on. So a mass audience channeling themselves for a greater purpose is why DD is defeated. They are literally redoing every note of s3 (including bringing Brick back), so why not redo SC fighting on in his absence?

There is also the possibility that even after he defeats DD, he winds up alone in the nexus. There is something ironic and bookending about him closing in a suburban nightmare that is physically identical to his suburban dream neighborhood. Also it would be an organic way to have the team separate for the hiatus by having him wake up alone in suburbia from Hell.

I was actually thinking more along the lines of the rest of the team getting sucked up into the nexus.

14 minutes ago, Morrigan2575 said:

Hmm, you think connected to that "chasm" line in the script?

Definitely connected.

• Love 1

The cavernous space could definitely be the 'cave'. The only thing is, I don't really want that because please stop with the magic. Maybe Star City does get nuked?

14 minutes ago, apinknightmare said:

Maybe the "surprising place" they end up is...

ANOTHER PLANE OF EXISTENCE

Ooh Oliver and Felicity ending up in Earth 2 or Earth 3 with Supergirl LOL

Oh god I get a fear this season finale ending will piss me off like Walking Dead 

• Love 1