Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

Going from Malaysia to Vancouver is about a 17 hour plane ride direct (god forbid there are any layovers), I think that it just takes too much time away from shooting because essentially going to and from Canada takes away about 34 hours of productivity. I just don't get why he's needed tbqh. Then again, him not having a role in the finale would make his role on the show an even more complete waste of time.

• Love 4

Sometimes I weep for humanity!

I mean why do people ask these questions!

Not only was the question asked, but MG decided to answer it among the many questions he received.  Maybe he thought a funny question and a funny answer would help?  I have no idea what he's thinking.

The possible 2nd wedding before season's end seems to have otherwise been dropped off the radar.

Going from Malaysia to Vancouver is about a 17 hour plane ride direct (god forbid there are any layovers), I think that it just takes too much time away from shooting because essentially going to and from Canada takes away about 34 hours of productivity. I just don't get why he's needed tbqh. Then again, him not having a role in the finale would make his role on the show an even more complete waste of time.

They could have had him film whatever scenes he has from here to the finale before he went to Malaysia.

• Love 2

I just think Oliver going to the League could easily mean Felicity staying with Ray.  Plus, the spin-off is currently being talked about as a mid-season show to air when Arrow/Flash break so I think they have time in early season four to break Ray and Felicity up if they need them separated before the spin-off begins. 

Technically, it could, but there's a number of reasons why there's a 99% chance it won't:

1. It's not "if they need them separated" - they do need them separated. No network is going to allow an ongoing romantic relationship on two different shows. Crossovers, friendships, and romantic teasing, sure, but no more than that. There's a number of logistical reasons, including budgets and WGA rules (though for various reasons those won't apply as strictly in this case) for this. 

This has nothing to do with the fan response to Ray, by the way - Angel was popular enough to launch his own show, and whatever I think of the Buffy/Angel relationship, it had a huge fan base at the time and continues to now.  The WB still nixed an ongoing relationship between Buffy and Angel because they were on different shows.  A significant part of this involved WGA royalty payments.

2. Arrow will begin filming in July; Berlanti stated that if the spinoff gets greenlit, it will start filming in August, which means table reads/rehearsals (because it's a first episode) in late July at the latest.  With that schedule, having Routh over on Arrow for anything other than a cameo appearance would be a filming nightmare (also, budget) before factoring in Comic-Con, July 9-12, 2015. There's a reason why Barry Allen was only on Arrow for 15 seconds in "The Calm."

3. Routh is apparently not filming, or barely filming, Arrow's last two episodes, since he's in Malaysia.

4. The previous two seasons have broken up the rival romantic relationships in episode 20.

Seriously, though, there's no way their actual romantic relationship started in 307.  One kiss does not a relationship make.  If it did, I've had like 1000 relationships in my life.  The tail end of 315-318 is extremely short.

Well, yes, but it fits in with Arrow's other temporary romantic relationships.  Oliver met Helena in episode 7, slept with her that episode, and broke up with her in episode 8. He met McKenna in episode 12, started dating her in episode 15, and slept with her and broke up with her in episode 17.  Thea met the DJ in episode and slept with him in episode 13; he died that same episode. Oliver and Laurel slept together in episode 22 and broke up in episode 1 (three episodes, basically).

Bottom line is that sex in Arrow doesn't necessarily lead to long term relationships. Unless you are Diggle and Lyla.

Edited by quarks
  • Love 9

Not that I think it (Ray proposing to Felicity) will happen, but they could easily fly in Brandon Routh for a couple of days while they are filming the season finale.

It's not just a matter of production flying him he, he's got to get time off from the movie he's filming, enough to allow for flying time in both direction, plus shooting schedules and they'd have to line everything up between both sets, which is doable but not optimal.

More likely, Brandon Routh did pre-shoots for his scenes, which would include limiting his interaction.  We see this quite a bit on The Originals where Daniel Giles needs time off to film Saving Hope in Canada, so his scenes are usually a phone call or he's remote and only interacting with 1 other character.  

• Love 2

All over Tumblr and elsewhere he's called "Rag Pampers," "Roadblock Ray," "Tin Can Iron Man," "Mayonnaise in a Can," and "Fuckboy Palmer."  It's astounding how hated he is, and I honestly think it's not all bc of the stupid triangle.

Mods, please note that I am reporting, not bashing. 

But MG has said, more than once, I believe, that fan dislike of Ray is only coming from Olicity fans.  I think he knows that isn't accurate but he can hardly say so. There's a spin off to get going after all!

There's not a lot of time left in this season to turn around fan reaction to Ray so that there's enthusiasm for the spin off.  I do think Ray and Felicity will break up soon, if only because the show runners know that one key part of Ray's popularity is removing him from the contrived triangle.  I think getting him to be a strong ally of Oliver's is the second step - and Oliver has to accept him as an ally. 

What happens to Oliver and Felicity is still anyone's guess.  But I do think Ray will be clear of romantic entanglements in the next few episodes. And if he's more popular with fans, then MG will have the smug satisfaction of appearing right all along.  But he'll miss the greater picture, I'm sure, that aligning Ray with Oliver (on Oliver's terms, too) will be the key.

• Love 1

I certainly hope that MG knows that it's not just Olicity fans who don't like Ray. I don't mind him pretending on tumblr but I want someone in that office to know the real story.

But he'll miss the greater picture, I'm sure, that aligning Ray with Oliver (on Oliver's terms, too) will be the key.

So true, and that's what they should have been doing for at least half a dozen episodes now.

Morrigan, I guess that's why Daniel Giles' character

died

on Saving Hope. I was rejoining that the dreaded triangle was over

but I thought killing him was a trifle extreme.

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

Oliver met Helena in episode 7, slept with her that episode, and broke up with her in episode 8. He met McKenna in episode 12, started dating her in episode 15, and slept with her and broke up with her in episode 17.  Thea met the DJ in episode and slept with him in episode 13; he died that same episode. Oliver and Laurel slept together in episode 22 and broke up in episode 1 (three episodes, basically).

Well sure, but Oliver was kind of a ho.

I'm joking, of course, but I do think that Felicity, specifically, would usually do longer relationships or be single.  And I really, really do think, if they break up in 318 (which I don't know will happen), at least some of that would be pressure from the CW.  Someone on these boards pointed out a long time ago that having a recurring star you want to spin off also acting as the roadblock in the primary romantic relationship is a very stupid idea, and I think he was right.  And even if Guggie is blind to Ray's faults, I doubt the CW is.  If they're going to put millions into a potential new series, they don't want one of their main characters hated from day 1.

Also, just a thought, someone on Tumblr theorized that Felicity might break up with Ray because she is, at this point, putting HIM in danger.  Or at least that would be her conscious reason.  I can see it as a possibility...not necessarily a probability.

• Love 2

I certainly hope that MG knows that it's not just Olicity fans who don't like Ray. I don't mind him pretending on tumblr but I want someone in that office to know the real story.

Well, if anyone at the CW clicked on Ray's TT on Wednesday, they would've seen that about 80% of those tweets were nasty, and it most definitely wasn't all shippers (although to be completely fair, there were a lot of them, haha). 

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Maybe after a honest talk with her mother Felicity realizes she is not quite ready to move on romantically and needs time to be alone. Oliver is in serious trouble in 3.18-3.19 at least. Felicity at some point is going to be there for him. That is just who she is. Now I have no idea when the break-up occurs but I do believe she will be doing it. My first thought with regards to the 2nd dialogue tease was Thea & Roy. I think I've just convinced myself it could POSSIBLY be Felicity to Ray.

You know Oliver will factor in there somewhere.  I'm betting Ray will break up with her because he realizes she loves Oliver.

Didn't AK say she would choose? I think Ray was a default since Oliver took himself out of the game.

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 1

Maybe after a honest talk with her mother Felicity realizes she is not quite ready to move on romantically and needs time to be alone. Oliver is in serious trouble in 3.18-3.19 at least. Felicity at some point is going to be there for him. That is just who she is. Now I have no idea when the break-up occurs but I do believe she will be doing it. My first thought with regards to the 2nd dialogue tease was Thea & Roy. I think I've just convinced myself it could POSSIBLY be Felicity to Ray.

Didn't AK say she would choose? I think Ray was a default since Oliver took himself out of the game.

There's a "cake or death?" joke in here.

"So my choice is 'or death?' ....Well, I'll have the chicken then."

• Love 6

Didn't AK say she would choose? So far her choice has been no one or Ray. Oliver took himself out of the game.

I think he did - or that she'd be torn between them. But there's no reason to be torn because so far Oliver hasn't been a factor, and Felicity basically let him know that if she was that she'd choose him. So either that storyline doesn't get tied up this year, or Oliver joins the LoA and (god, I hope, I hope hope hope) that Thea and Felicity team up to get him out. Probably with Malcolm, because...well, his presence has fucked up this season enough, might as well do something to save it from some further suckitude. 

• Love 6

Didn't EBR also say she'll make a decision about which life she wants?

Frankly it blows if she decides to choose Oliver but he doesn't offer her anything. A sacrifice indeed: her (potential) life story.

Concerning her break up with Ray. The thing is, what I'd generally call cracks in the pavement for a relationship was glossed over and the two made an even deeper commitment. So really, if the follow the Sara-Oliver timeline, they'd break up in ep 22. But nothing we've heard so far indicates their relationship is that far reaching (or isn't). I really don't know.

Edited by Password

Didn't EBR also say she'll make a decision about which life she wants?

What's there to choose? They set it up so she'd have basically the same life (apart from being surrounded by Vermeers that feature breast fondling, should she stick with Ray).

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

I'm not saying it makes sense, but isn't that what was said?

Honestly, I don't recall. It'd make sense to me if she chose based on Ray staying in Starling and Oliver going off to be part of the League or whatever. Those are two different lives, so...maybe? Although she really would be choosing a lifestyle because I can't imagine Oliver would finally relent on his relationship stance once he goes off to join the League, because...what? That would be so odd. 

• Love 1

I'm not saying it makes sense, but isn't that what was said?

I thought it was who. She's chosen the hero support life. I think she wants to choose Oliver he just won't make himself available. I just want Felicity to be doing something with at least Thea during 3.20-3.23. I desperately need BR off my screen. I tried but it just hasn't worked. The thought of him in S4 and still with Felicity makes me want to cry.

Since Felicity isn't going to the spin-off (Thank you!) per MG, it seems like she should be heading back to the life she was leading pre-RP unless she's departing the show. (I don't think she is.)

If she breaks-up with Ray in 3.18 or even 3.19 this could be what EBR was talking about when she mentioned maybe sacrificing herself. This could equate to sacrificing her life for Oliver (at least until the next superhero comes along). LOL!

Edited by Sunshine
  • Love 2

Eh. As much as I hate it I'm still not convinced Ray/Felicity will be over by the end of the season. I'm so confused by all the spoilers. Sometimes I feel like they do break up because of what SA said about Olicity in 320 but then I just think 'oh but they only reaffirmed their relationship in 317 so it doesn't leave much time' and 321 isn't supposed to be great for Olicity fans. I go back and forth.  

Eh. As much as I hate it I'm still not convinced Ray/Felicity will be over by the end of the season. I'm so confused by all the spoilers. Sometimes I feel like they do break up because of what SA said about Olicity in 320 but then I just think 'oh but they only reaffirmed their relationship in 317 so it doesn't leave much time' and 321 isn't supposed to be great for Olicity fans. I go back and forth.  

Well they did play the Oliver/Sara relationship this way too. They seemed on the verge of breaking up and then got back together. Then they seemed really together until suddenly they weren't. Here's hoping that pattern repeats itself, except at an accelerated rate for Felicity and Ray. 

• Love 3

Honestly, I don't recall. It'd make sense to me if she chose based on Ray staying in Starling and Oliver going off to be part of the League or whatever. Those are two different lives, so...maybe? Although she really would be choosing a lifestyle because I can't imagine Oliver would finally relent on his relationship stance once he goes off to join the League, because...what? That would be so odd. 

That would be a choice and I think it could be where they go with it.  But in what world would Oliver allow any of the team members to go to NP with him (on a permanent basis)?  Thea - maybe (huge maybe) but I can't see him allowing Felicity to completely walk away from anything that resembles a normal life and setup camp with him in NP.  Plus Ras would never allow it.  And if they defeat/kill Ras - he can appoint Nyssa to lead the LoA and walk away.  Unless he is a hunted man as Oliver Queen as well as Arrow and that is pretty much my worst case scenario so please no....

The thing is that as much as it would be nice to see Felicity make a choice - I can't see any possibility of Oliver allowing her to choose him unless he has adopted a "I can be both" attitude and we finally see a fun, happy Oliver Queen and I just don't feel like this season is headed in that direction.  I wish it was, but boy would it feel rushed if they got there by episode 23!

Edited by nksarmi

I think MG's criteria for "good for Olicity fans" = them either being together or making strides in their relationship. Since Oliver seems to be joining the LoA in 3x21, I'm guessing that's a no to Oliver and Felicity being together and/or making strides in their relationship, so yeah, it's probably not good. 

Then again, maybe she is still with Ray. 

Although if they're having a written-on-the-back-of-the-script-pages "remember 3.20" moment, I certainly hope they're not still together. 

• Love 1

Well they did play the Oliver/Sara relationship this way too. They seemed on the verge of breaking up and then got back together. Then they seemed really together until suddenly they weren't. Here's hoping that pattern repeats itself, except at an accelerated rate for Felicity and Ray. 

That's a very good point. See, it's things like this that makes me think they might break up. But I just don't know. Personally, it's not even about Olicity at this point. I just want Felicity to realize that Ray isn't right for her and she's looking for something that she won't find in him.

I think MG's criteria for "good for Olicity fans" = them either being together or making strides in their relationship. Since Oliver seems to be joining the LoA in 3x21, I'm guessing that's a no to Oliver and Felicity being together and/or making strides in their relationship, so yeah, it's probably not good. 

Then again, maybe she is still with Ray. 

Although if they're having a written-on-the-back-of-the-script-pages "remember 3.20" moment, I certainly hope they're not still together. 

True. I don't really listen to what MG says because not being good for Olicity fans could just mean that Oliver joins the LOA and of course that wouldn't be good but I actually wouldn't have a problem with that. 

And there's my hope too. I don't want Felicity to be having any amazing moments with Oliver while she's still in a relationship with Ray. Flirting is skirting the line enough as it is.

I think she's already had great moments with Oliver because they've been honest,unlike with Ray.  But yes, nothing romantic while she's still with Ray. Too much like S1 Oliver.

I don't have the quote but I think that AK was saying that they were going to put Felicity in a relationship with Ray so that she would have a choice, not that she would be the one choosing.  And to be honest, that was at the beginning of the season, I imagine the game has changed multiple time since then.  The problem is, I really believe they think Ray is the wonderful guy he appears on the surface.

But even if Ray is the one to break up with her, it still gives Felicity a choice because she can fight for him if she wants him, or she can accept it and move on.

• Love 1

I want Felicity to choose herself. She needs to step up and make a decision. I hope its not Ray. But if it must be, I hope they write him better. But honestly if she wants Oliver then she needs to tell him that. Her little as long as you're in me life I'm happy line was just not enough for me if I was Oliver to consider that as her big opening to a relationship, or enough incentive to try to consider a relationship. She needs to show him that she wants a happy life with him outside of the foundry, and make him understand that it is a possibility. But she seemingly just accepted his decision to end their relationship. They are not together because of Oliver's choice, but she never really fought for him either. She just told him she wouldn't wait around. That might seem like enough incentive for a normal person, but Oliver is not a normal person. He just wants her happy and he thinks that is best accomplished without him as a romantic partner. She's never told him that him being in her life as more than a friend makes her happy. She pushes him away and drags him back in just as much as he does, just in a different way. If her goal was to make a safer SC then she should have introduced Arrow & ATOM together sooner. But she wanted both lives, so who knows what will happen now that the worlds can merge? Maybe she'll finally get some insight into realizing that she wants more than the mission from the foundry. Because I honestly don't think she realizes how deep her feelings for Oliver are. That being said, maybe Ray & her will smooth out their rough patch and all will be well again in her mind. I honestly can't see her being with either Oliver or Ray by the end of the season. I think she will be single and prioritizing her happiness over others which will be great in my book.

• Love 5

I don't have the quote but I think that AK was saying that they were going to put Felicity in a relationship with Ray so that she would have a choice, not that she would be the one choosing.  And to be honest, that was at the beginning of the season, I imagine the game has changed multiple time since then.  The problem is, I really believe they think Ray is the wonderful guy he appears on the surface.

Are we sure that he is supposed to be perfectly wonderful? They've done a pretty crappy job writing him as authentically wonderful. Part of my still thinks that he will turn evil... is it just how he is written or how BR plays him? But I just don't trust him and that was before 317. Now I really don't trust him at all. But am I supposed to just ignore this gut reaction? I mean I trust MM more than I trust him. I am confused where the big disconnection between the character on the screen and general fan response comes from. Like it was said earlier somewhere in this forum, if they didn't keep telling me he was a hero, I would not believe that this journey would lead to him being a hero. Are we getting completely hoodwinked here? Is this their big gotcha of the season? I mean maybe he won't become a villain, but that he is looking to do more than just protect Starling City. I wonder if he has a bigger secret agenda. I could see him selling his suit ideas for profits or something along those lines. Not that he is sinister, but rather not heroic. A future MM if you would where the end justifies the means & lines his pocket. They've spent all this time setting him up as the All American Hero, but then with 317 they took big strives in making him seem very cocky, arrogant, irrational and mean (the list goes on). For someone with that many degrees & IQ points, he seemed to jump on the Arrow without seriously evaluating the evidence before him. I can't imagine that they made him disregard FS so easily just for OQ's character development. So are we being intentionally mislead in the interviews? If you look at the spin-off people they all have a very grey interpretation of justice & right/wrong. Could they be the new black ops argus-like mercenary group? So maybe Felicity will discover his secret plans and that will lead to their break-up? I mean he's not dumb, he would not have been able to get Felicity to help him if he had told her what some of his bigger plans were if they were morally grey. It could also explain why he was eager to sleep with her, since in his mind perhaps she would be more loyal to him regardless of what his plans are. People are less likely to turn their ex-lovers/friends/colleagues over to the authorities both IRL and on TV. Look at MQ, she was hesitant to turn MM over years ago because of their shared past dalliances. So could he be playing the big con on everyone? Perhaps he's not in the later eps because he is out trying establish new connections for his bigger plans. The theme of this season is Identity. And more and more I am wondering who the real Ray Palmer is?

Edited by kismet
  • Love 1

TVLINE | I was curious about her take on Ray. I think Emily told us that, No. 1, Donna is like, “Yea, you have a boyfriend!”

Well as you recall, in my first episode I really just wanted her to get into a relationship. And then of course, I was hoping it would be somebody who was good looking and had money — things that are important to Donna! So obviously when I come back, you can guess how happy I am that she has a lot going on in that department. [Laughs]

TVLINE | Does Felicity talk to her mother at all about the Oliver situation and the complications there?

Donna, being as “subtle” as she is, definitely wedges her way in a bit to get to the bottom of where her daughter stands emotionally. And Donna has some strong opinions on what she should do about it.

Oh, Donna. That was a really cute interview though. CR seems so fun.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

But MG has said, more than once, I believe, that fan dislike of Ray is only coming from Olicity fans.  I think he knows that isn't accurate but he can hardly say so. There's a spin off to get going after all!

There's not a lot of time left in this season to turn around fan reaction to Ray so that there's enthusiasm for the spin off.  I do think Ray and Felicity will break up soon, if only because the show runners know that one key part of Ray's popularity is removing him from the contrived triangle.  I think getting him to be a strong ally of Oliver's is the second step - and Oliver has to accept him as an ally. 

What happens to Oliver and Felicity is still anyone's guess.  But I do think Ray will be clear of romantic entanglements in the next few episodes. And if he's more popular with fans, then MG will have the smug satisfaction of appearing right all along.  But he'll miss the greater picture, I'm sure, that aligning Ray with Oliver (on Oliver's terms, too) will be the key.

I think the only way to get some fans to like him at this point is if HE is the one to bring Felicity and Oliver together. 

For me, nothing will ever make me like him.

• Love 1

Oh, Donna. That was a really cute interview though. CR seems so fun.

Charlotte Ross is my favorite thing about this season. I'm glad she mentioned that she will dig in to figure out where Felicity is emotionally. 

• Love 3

I love that CR's reaction to the yellow dress was actual LOL. Hee.

Also, if Donna's reaction to Palmer is gonna be "YAY moneybags, my baby is set FOR LIFE!", I hope they use it to highlight to Felicity how superficial her relationship with him is.

• Love 1

The Charlotte Ross interview was great. It's so nice to see something positive about the show at last.

Are we sure that he is supposed to be perfectly wonderful? They've done a pretty crappy job writing him as authentically wonderful. Part of my still thinks that he will turn evil... is it just how he is written or how BR plays him? But I just don't trust him and that was before 317. Now I really don't trust him at all. But am I supposed to just ignore this gut reaction? I mean I trust MM more than I trust him.

It would make it a whole lot more interesting if he did turn out to be slightly evil, but comic!

I think they've really handicapped themselves in terms of writing possibilities by having to stick to comic canon.

I think the only way to get some fans to like him at this point is if HE is the one to bring Felicity and Oliver together. 

Good point.  They really need him clean and good-to-go for the spin-off.

• Love 1

In those pictures from the Flash crossover, Felicity has such Moira hair, it's disconcerting. I'm also curious what prompts such a worried/surprised look from Barry,Felicity and Ray at the restaurant. Felicity looks like she's doing the finger twitch again.

They released the stills from Flash 118. The crowd doesn't seem that impressed with ATOMs flying arrival. Also CW PR needs to find better still photos of BR, this is yet another unflattering freeze frame on his face. The dinner looks interesting. Don't know who they are responding to, but both Eddie & Barry's facial impressions seem a little perturbed and not that interested. So the dinner should be fun. Everyone looked amazingly beautiful & handsome though.

• Love 1

Other than Felicity's signature ponytail, the style she had when she went uncover in the casino, and the one during her first date with Oliver, the people in charge of her hair styling on both shows have made some questionable choices.

• Love 4

I hope  Felicity's dress looks better in the episode but right now, it looks like there is a piece of it missing.  Like something spilt on it or it got burned and she just quickly cut a shoulder off.

Something g looked odd to me about the dinner scene and I finally figured out what, the table is set but why would there be plates when there is no food? Maybe it's a private event?

I hope  Felicity's dress looks better in the episode but right now, it looks like there is a piece of it missing.  Like something spilt on it or it got burned and she just quickly cut a shoulder off.

Sigh it's so the current style. I'm trying to ignore how ugly it looks and wait this trend out. I like the color and the way the fabric drapes at least.

Something g looked odd to me about the dinner scene and I finally figured out what, the table is set but why would there be plates when there is no food? Maybe it's a private event?

I think it's a set dressing thing for better aesthetic. O/F's table was set for their date and they never even got menus. 

I learned from Miss Manners that there should always be a plate at a formal place setting, even if there is no food on it.  When the soup comes (on its own plate), you remove the plate that was there originally, and when you take away the soup bowl with the plate underneath (in case they spilled any soup on it), you immediately put down a new plate.  (Although I really doubt that the restaurant where they are eating gets that formal.)

• Love 1
(edited)

So watching the Flash now. They have the budget for subtitles, so maybe they'll just write in how many weeks it was from/between/to the Arrow episode its supposed to be linked to and that is how they make the timeline known/fixed. It must be nice to have the budget for subtitles. :)

Edit post show - So the previews for this season on The Flash included some OQ and looked very exciting, more exciting than what Arrow has put up so far for their big finale.

Edited by kismet
(edited)

Why do they keep styling Felicity like Corporate Barbie when she's at dinner with Ray? First that terrible hairstyle in 307 and now this really big over styled hair in 118. She always looks beautiful but it doesn't feel very Felicity to me. I don't know. It's weird. I prefer the ponytail or the way her hair was styled for the date in 301. It just looked more natural. 

I'll shut up talking about her hair now because really it doesn't matter. Just an observation though.

Edited by Guest
(edited)

Her hair is absolutely terrible, and I don't like the dress at all.  Also, the close-up butt shot of ATOM is causing me physical pain.  And not good Oliver Queen pain.  

ETA Iris looks gorgeous. 

Edited by AyChihuahua
  • Love 1

Wouldn't play for me, anything new?

A lot of things we've already seen. Felicity and Oliver with Felicity saying, "I can't believe this is happening." Ra's getting ready to tell Quentin the Arrow's name (I can't remember if that was in a previous preview).