Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

*Sigh* feels like they are now starting to ramp up on their run of "Introducing Ray Palmer as the Atom!"..."See Ray fly!", "See Ray meet the Flash", "Oh noes Ray is injured!", "Ray is sad will he overcome his self doubt to be a hero?!?"...but I'm already so overexposed to him. Save something for the the spin-off.

I assume that the reveal will be Oliver to Ray, and they keep Felicity out of it, after the thing with Barry last year, I don't want a repeat with Ray. Also I hope Oliver does do something that exploits a weakness in the suit (as @apinknightmare suggested) because Oliver is all strategy and overcoming insumountable odds and Ray is all "I'm the smartest kid in the room" kinds of cockiness. 

@wonderwall there goes my hope he spends the whole episode in a coma....fingers and toes crossed for break-up scene.

• Love 7

This is definitely the look how awesome Ray is episode. It's about 15 episodes too late for me, unfortunately, but I'm sure others will like him. I will imagine Tony Stark does a flyby, laughs at Ray, then zooms off to hang out in the Avenger tower. 

All these newbies are awfully cocky about their non-existent abilities. A little humility would go a long way with me.

• Love 7

I really hope that this is a scene where Felicity breaks up with Ray. Please please please please please please please

tumblr_nloj85FY2X1qk2r6ho3_1280.jpg

Did this dude have a panic attack when he got into some real action and that's how he landed in the hospital? Because he has nary a scratch.

• Love 3

Isn't that the outfit that Felicity is wearing in the 3x17 promo? It makes me think that Ray gets hurt at the end of 3x17. As much as I wish that picture was from a break-up scene I don't think the writers went to all that trouble with Felicity/Ray just to have them break-up after a couple of episodes. 

• Love 1

Did this dude have a panic attack when he got into some real action and that's how he landed in the hospital? Because he has nary a scratch.

Maybe it's internal? IDK but yeah, dude doesn't even have a scratch on him. You'd think he'd be more bruised and beaten up? 

• Love 1

They can't break up in 318 and then go on a date in Flash 118. No matter how much I wish it true.

Plus, Felicity's not a break-it-off-in-the-hospital kind of gal.

Maybe it's internal? IDK but yeah, dude doesn't even have a scratch on him. You'd think he'd be more bruised and beaten up?

Yeah, maybe he gets shot or something.

Plus, Felicity's not a break-it-off-in-the-hospital kind of gal.

They can't break up in 318 and then go on a date in Flash 118. No matter how much I wish it true.

y'all are ruining my enthusiasm :p

Unless the date is the scene that got cut? Maybe after they realized Ray got a spin-off they realized they could end the R/F relationship sooner, rather than drag it out. This way the end of his time this season of Arrow can be about him and not about R/F.

I'm becoming a very bitter Oliver-girl. This pimping of Ray over Oliver Queen, who is now the fucking apparent erstwhile star and hero of Arrow, is pissing me off. On the plus side Suitless Ray would have his ass handed to him by Oliver everyday and twice on Sunday #TeamOliver

• Love 10

Well, I think it depends on how Ray knows that Oliver is the Arrow. I can definitely see why Felicity would want to go to Oliver and let him know that Ray has that information before she does anything, like...are they going to try to deny it? Can it be denied? How much do they want to expose regarding who's working with him? I mean, if Felicity tells Ray that's not Oliver, isn't he going to want to know how she knows that? Better to take a time out and form a plan, I think.

Yeah, I suppose. I realized that I think part of my confusion is just stemming from the fact that I barely see OQ=Arrow as a secret anymore. So I see Felicity telling Oliver about Ray, and that's good, but then I see her not telling Ray when it would just simplify things, and I don't get it. But yeah, if I still felt like The Secret was a big deal, it would probably make more sense to keep it as long as possible.

In those 318 stills Felicity looks kind of 'Um, mom, what are you even doing here?' when she's hugging Donna so I really don't think she needed the support while Ray was in the hospital.

I'm still annoyed that Felicity is stuck with Ray while everyone else is in on the action. I hate it. 

And I still don't care about Ra's. He could not look less menacing if he tried. 

I might be in denial but what if Roy is arrested and he's in jail instead of dead? Please. I'm not ready for him to go yet. He was growing on me.

The suit most likely is going to protect him from more external injuries like bruises & cuts. Im guessing that it malfunctions and causes some type of internal injury. I know Im focused on the helmet (call it an occupational hazard for me) but head injuries are a serious matter that can put you in the hospital with little visible external damage. Im willing to bet that he sustains a head injury and that is what gets him in the hospital and really causes him to rethink his suit & his hero journey. Then off to CC to fix said equipment problems.

As for the scene that looks like a break up scene, I can't imagine that FS breaks up with him in the hospital (even if I want it so badly). But perhaps they have a serious conversation about risk taking and it starts the seeds of a break up which will come in 1-2 episodes later. I am willing to bet that they may even pseudo break up in CC. Everything else seems to be happening for FS over there, why not have the break-up there as well. Then FS can come back on her own. Everyone can be like where is ray? She explains he needed time to get the suit fixed. It makes it grey enough then that if OQ & FS have a heart to heart in 20/21 (which one has the plane scene?) it can be enough to get feelings stated but enough to delay any actual relationship until later on in season. But that may all be wishful thinking on my part.

Unless the date is the scene that got cut? Maybe after they realized Ray got a spin-off they realized they could end the R/F relationship sooner, rather than drag it out. This way the end of his time this season of Arrow can be about him and not about R/F.

We won't know for sure unless someone spills, but if I were to bet, I'd say they break up in 319, since that's supposedly the ATOM soft pilot episode. And then Felicity has the big scene with Oliver in 320.

• Love 5

The suit most likely is going to protect him from more external injuries like bruises & cuts. Im guessing that it malfunctions and causes some type of internal injury. I know Im focused on the helmet (call it an occupational hazard for me) but head injuries are a serious matter that can put you in the hospital with little visible external damage. Im willing to bet that he sustains a head injury and that is what gets him in the hospital and really causes him to rethink his suit & his hero journey. Then off to CC to fix said equipment problems.

As for the scene that looks like a break up scene, I can't imagine that FS breaks up with him in the hospital (even if I want it so badly). But perhaps they have a serious conversation about risk taking and it starts the seeds of a break up which will come in 1-2 episodes later. I am willing to bet that they may even pseudo break up in CC. Everything else seems to be happening for FS over there, why not have the break-up there as well. Then FS can come back on her own. Everyone can be like where is ray? She explains he needed time to get the suit fixed. It makes it grey enough then that if OQ & FS have a heart to heart in 20/21 (which one has the plane scene?) it can be enough to get feelings stated but enough to delay any actual relationship until later on in season. But that may all be wishful thinking on my part.

Ray is hurt at the mayor's office when it is attacked.  I don't think he's showing up there in his shiny new suit.

I still don't get the timeline. So Ray gets injured but is all happy and stuff on the Flash and then goes back to question his hero status on Arrow. So on the Flash he will have to be useless again in order to have an identity issue on Arrow. He will however get over it by saving Felicity.

And Felicity will go to CC while Oliver is in custody/jail/ general trouble. Just seems weird that she'd go out of town in a situation like this. I have no idea what they are doing with Felicity this season but sometimes I don't really what they make her do. 

And btw: MG says they are not dressing her intentionally in blue or red. But last week she had red nails but a blue dress, during the wedding she has blue nails and a red dress and in 3x18 her nails are also blue, while her dress is red. Maybe they just do it to screw with the more passionate fanbase but blue and red are not really color choices that mash all that well together. She could have prettier nail polish in both cases. Or maybe it is just me finally going off the deep end. 

And yes, it does look like a serious moment in the picture. I'd be surprised (pleasantly) if they break up. But at least MG said people rooting for O/F won't dislike this episode. Whatever that means. (I am ok with her being concerned but if she tells him about her super strong feelings for him, I will be very annoyed) 

Edited by Belinea
  • Love 1

Ray is hurt at the mayor's office when it is attacked.  I don't think he's showing up there in his shiny new suit.

Do we know for sure hes injured as Ray? Has there been confirmed info about it? I apologize its hard to keep separate what we know for sure and what we think sometimes. He could be at the Mayor's office in his ATOM suit doing a whole press conference or something on protecting the city when he gets attacked/injured. Also do we know for sure why he is even going to CC? Is it to get something done with his suit or was that just something we all came up with in the thread?

I think MamaSmoak comes to SC on her own and her visit is not linked to the attack or Ray's injury.

(edited)
I still don't get the timeline. So Ray gets injured but is all happy and stuff on the Flash and then goes back to question his hero status on Arrow. So on the Flash he will have to be useless again in order to have an identity issue on Arrow. He will however get over it by saving Felicity.

IF I had to guess, 

317 - Arrow/ATOM fight over best way to play hero

318 - Ray gets hurt (outside ATOM suit) which puts him in the hospital.  Probably a serious issue but is resolved by the end of the episode - my guess is that all the pictures with Ray awake are from the end of the episode.

118 - Ray is having issues with his suit so he goes to CC...not sure how they're going to set it up but it would probably flow better following 317 Arrow fight

319 - ATOM Soft Spin-off, ATOM fights Meta Human, Deathbolt, protects/saves Felicity.  I think this is where they break up, probably because they realize they were both substituting for the person they loved/lost.  

320 - Olicity has a moment that is both good/bad...etc etc, etc

Do we know for sure hes injured as Ray? Has there been confirmed info about it? I apologize its hard to keep separate what we know for sure and what we think sometimes. He could be at the Mayor's office in his ATOM suit doing a whole press conference or something on protecting the city when he gets attacked/injured. Also do we know for sure why he is even going to CC? Is it to get something done with his suit or was that just something we all came up with in the thread?

With 100% certainty?  No, we don't know but as I recall the episode description said Ray not ATOM and they usually specify ATOM/Arsenal/Arrow/Black Canary when they're in costume.

As for why Ray goes to CC from interviews it's because he's having issues with his Suit and goes to Cisco for help...presumably Felicity brings him to Star Labs for support.

Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 3

Head injury still seems the easiest way to go, that way he would be out for a while and thus the need for a vigil to see if he sustained an damage. 

• Love 1

IF I had to guess, 

318 - Ray gets hurt (outside ATOM suit) which puts him in the hospital.  Probably a serious issue but is resolved by the end of the episode - my guess is that all the pictures with Ray awake are from the end of the episode.

118 - Ray is having issues with his suit so he goes to CC...not sure how they're going to set it up but it would probably flow better following 317 Arrow fight

319 - ATOM Soft Spin-off, ATOM fights Meta Human, Deathbolt, protects/saves Felicity.  I think this is where they break up, probably because they realize they were both substituting for the person they loved/lost.  

Yeah, that makes sense. I still don't understand though why Felicity would go out of town in a situation where her whole team is being targeted and Oliver is in serious trouble to hang with Ray (and go on dates with him) in CC. Maybe I just don't want to get it. Because in 3x19 Oliver is still sidelined. So there might still be an issue with him. 

They probably did not release any promo pics of Oliver because that would be too much of a spoiler. The one with Digg and Roy looks like they might be talking to Oliver while he is sitting in a room. Maybe an interrogation room. They will come up with a plan to get Oliver out. Roy will pose as the Arrow and either get arrested or killed while they try to get to him. 

• Love 3

ar318b_0097b.jpg?w=514

Glad Ra's remembered to bring his weirdo tiki torches with him to this high school gym or whatever.

Also, it looks like Dig might have a tear in his eye in the holding room or wherever they are. Could just be a trick of the light. And I'm guessing Roy and Thea are watching Oliver being arrested/outed on the TV screen at Verdant, maybe?

• Love 5

Let me just say that I hope Ray's realization about Oliver being the Arrow does not come from Felicity's involuntary blurting things like "Oliver would have never...!"

She has been really carefull and wary after spilling the truth to Barry, let's not break the stride.

I also doesn't want Felicity to step between Ray and Oliver as they fight - it's such a tired old cliche, and it leaves the conflict unsolved.

(side note: there's an 'article' floating around, suggesting Felicity is dying this season. It's such a delightfully terrible piece of journalism...)

They're lucky Stephen's face behaves like that, seriously. His look says everything to Felicity. YOU'RE DATING A SUPERHERO? HE HAS A ROBOT ARMOR? AND YOU DIDN'T TELL ME?!

The look of betrayal on Oliver's face has me worried that this conversation is happening after he's already had his "epic, epic battle" (whatevs, MG) with the Atom. Because this is a universe in which Lance still hasn't figured out that Oliver is the Arrow, maybe Oliver doesn't recognize Ray even though he has a freaking Klieg light in his helmet. Which is why when Felicity tells him that the Tron escapee that bested him is none other than Ray, it's too little, too late. If so, bad Felicity! I sure hope it doesn't play out this way.

And it may be naive of me, but I'm still hoping Roy doesn't die, or if he does, I hope it's only temporary. Would the writers really do that to Thea? Hasn't she suffered enough already? What am I thinking? This is Arrow. Of course they'd do that to her. {{{sigh}}}

• Love 3

But if Ray gets hurt again as Ray wouldn't that just make him want to suit up more? Why would it negatively effect his hero journey? The whole point of the suit was to protect him, so he could protect others? Him getting hurt as Ray only proves that his suit is essential. Unless that is why he takes the suit to CC. His earlier fight the episode before with Arrow might have pointed out the weaknesses, so he takes it to CC to make sure its perfect. It just seems like the injury in 318 is unnecessary to plot or character development, esp if everyone is hunting the Arrow & Ras has kidnapped Capt Lance. But then again that has been the trend of how they try to integrate (or lack thereof) Ray into the story. At least last seasons most A & B plot had some relationship to each other. Only connection I can see here is for the writers to find a way to keep FS from being able to help OQ & TA.

Edited by kismet

What if they are at the police station investigating Quentin's kidnapping? Also, they could have added a scene on the Flash at the beginning, like "Remember what happened two weeks ago when Felicity visited?" Lame, I know, but it's all I got haha.

Wasn't arrow 318 suppose to take place after flash 118 but it's not now because airing dates have changed. ?If so then felicity could still end up breaking up with him since their old timeline had them in central before 318. Also in their old timeline I don't think felicity would have known about the police hunting them since that doesn't happen until 318.

I think MamaSmoak comes to SC on her own and her visit is not linked to the attack or Ray's injury.

Well, the synopsis says that Felicity's pleasantly surprised when her mother shows up at the hospital for support, so it seems like that means she wasn't previously in town and just shows up because she heard Ray was hurt and she knows Felicity's and him are a "something." 

Although I suppose with the wording it could mean that MS was already in town and she Felicity's surprised that she shows up at the hospital. 

Wasn't arrow 318 suppose to take place after flash 118 but it's not now because airing dates have changed. ?

Yeah. AK said that they had to tweak the script to accommodate the timeline changes, but the way MG addressed it on Tumblr made it seem like the timeline was still going to be wonky, like something happened in Arrow 3x18 that they couldn't get out of by tweaking the Flash script to make things match. But, who knows.

Edited by apinknightmare

Isn't 319 where LL goes really far for OQ? Im beginning to think that she willfully destroys evidence that connects OQ to the Arrow, or maybe even goes so far as to destroy evidence linking the Arrow to the murders. I feel like they want to make LL OQ's hero, but having her win a battle as BC to save him does not seem to be realistic at this point in the storyline. Plus if he is in legal trouble, there is no way out even if they do physically rescue him from jail he would be on the run, so that would not be productive. But LL is perfectly situated to be the hero again in her legal role (just as she was w/ MQ, blood & s1 stuff). But willfully destroying evidence is a serious offense for everyday citizens, but being an officer of the court and doing it is even a higher offense. I wonder just how far she is willing to use her role as ADA to get OQ out of trouble. I also wonder in true LL style if she keeps this plan to herself which is why Roy then winds up getting arrested because TA had their own separate plan to get the Arrow out of trouble. But somehow whatever she did to free OQ, makes it too difficult to also help Roy at this time which is why he has to serve time in lock-up until LL is able to do something for him in a few episodes or maybe even s3.5/4. Which explains his absence from filming BTS recently.

I was wondering the same thing @Kismet.  I know MG said someone was dying in 3.19 - it could just be the Foundry blowing up.  If Arsenal/Roy is being written out of the show they could just be "sending him up the river" and not to the undertaker.  Either way I'm sure it was hard for CH and his cast mates to say goodbye.  He killed a cop in S2.  He's a former thief.  He is running around impersonating the Arrow so obstruction or something.  LL goes pretty far for Oliver but maybe can't do the same for Roy?   

• Love 1

IF I had to guess, 

With 100% certainty?  No, we don't know but as I recall the episode description said Ray not ATOM and they usually specify ATOM/Arsenal/Arrow/Black Canary when they're in costume.

As for why Ray goes to CC from interviews it's because he's having issues with his Suit and goes to Cisco for help...presumably Felicity brings him to Star Labs for support.

Thanks Morrigan2575 for helping to keep it all straight. Im beginning to feel that CW is gonna have to invest in some time graphics like "2 weeks ago" for future crossovers, just so we can know when the events took place.

It also looks like this is the room where Felicity and Maseo might have a scene based on the photo that Karl Yune posted of him and EBR a while ago. It is probably where Oliver is at.

Edited by Belinea

MG has said that Baby Mama would show up again on Arrow if they could tell it organically. But his response seemed to imply that they dropped her in the Flash/present day as almost an Easter egg to save for a later season, that this season there was no space for it beyond what they already showed of her. I think it was reminder for die-hard fans that she existed and maybe to intrigue some new Flash fans, but the fact that they haven't addressed it at all on Arrow to me seems to indicate that it is not part of the fabric of this season. Just like FS nemesis is not part of the Arrow season because it is not important to the story they are trying to tell in s3. Like most of FS supposedly big arc this season, nothing is really about her. FS nemesis is probably just a way to show off RP and the ATOM which is why they probably did it on the Flash and not Arrow to draw in their audience to invest in his character for the spin-off. Then they bring the meta-human back to SC to further cross-populate interest again.

• Love 2

I remember reading a few months ago that the Baby Mama is supposed to show up in either Arrow or The Flash this season too, so I wonder how that's going to fit in.

I've got a feeling she'll show up in the season finale as a little cliffhanger for next season when it's probably going to be about family. You know, flashbacks in the Bratva because that's a mafia family and Oliver struggling with having a son in present day, plus Diggle trying to find out what really happened to his brother. And hopefully Felicity might actually get a storyline about her father. Well, we can dream, right? 

I've been thinking that maybe Team Arrow blows up the foundry themselves. But maybe Laurel does it, like @Kismet said? That would be going a long way for Oliver, since destroying evidence is basically THE OPPOSITE of being an ADA.

But then, for this to happen, whoever is dying is gonna be completely unrelated to the cave exploding. Because there's no possible way in hell they're making Laurel accidentally kill someone [Roy].

• Love 2

But then, for this to happen, whoever is dying is gonna be completely unrelated to the cave exploding. Because there's no possible way in hell they're making Laurel accidentally kill someone [Roy].

But blowing up the foundry without making sure no one's in it is so Laurel!

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3