Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

For Felicity it really becomes a difficult choice between these two men who are both in love with her, who in a way she has strong feelings for,” teased executive producer Andrew Kreisberg. “A lot of the back half of the year is her trying to figure out who [she should be with].”

I'm sorry but just like when Oliver killed to save Felicity, "there is NO choice to make".  Just LOOK at Oliver!!!!

I don't think I'm going to be happy with this soapy crap.

• Love 3

If this season ends with Felicity choosing Thea instead, and the two of them running off to a tropical island together to complain about angsty men, at least we now know that the setup is there.

LOL Thealicity!! Hope they become good friends at least they are the two things Oliver knows for sure

If we don't have Felicity cuddling baby Sara at the wedding reception and Oliver looking on like a schmoopy mess, well this was all for nothing. 

I'm just kidding...

But not really. Hehe.

I'm sorry but just like when Oliver killed to save Felicity, "there is NO choice to make".  Just LOOK at Oliver!!!!

Lmao, I think Felicity has well come to terms with Oliver's hotness. It's just that Oliver is the most infuriatingly complicated, self-destroying, masochist. There's no security when it comes to being in a relationship with him because... well let's put it this way. Oliver is Atlanta, and whenever there's  trouble in the form of a little snow, the entire city shuts down. He has a lot of issues which is why Felicity is wary of him. Hell, I would be wary of him as well. I don't consider Felicity's hesitance of being with him soapy, but realistic. 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

If I had to bet actual money, I'd say it's not going to be anywhere near as soapy as it sounds and it probably won't even seem like that difficult a decision. These guys always overhype to the moon.

• Love 1

Rumor abouth 1x18: apparently the crossover was pushed back. Something about having to rewrite the script.

I thought AK said that the network was mandating a break that they hadn't planned for and they were having to tweak the script to make the timeline up, not that they had to push it back. Did I hear that wrong?

• Love 2

I thought AK said that the network was mandating a break that they hadn't planned for and they were having to tweak the script to make the timeline up, not that they had to push it back. Did I hear that wrong?

Yeah, that was my impression, too.

• Love 1

If that is indeed the Dyla wedding, since BR is there, I pray to the lords they don't use Felicity inviting Ray as a plus 1 to cause 'tension' between her and Oliver. pray. Because that would be ridiculous. 

I guess BR and Willa switched seats or something during a break and that's when Willa and Emily took that picture. Otherwise it'd be weird if he was Felicity's +1 and they weren't even sitting together. 

Edited by apinknightmare

Maybe Palmer's not her +1. Maybe he invited himself to the wedding and barged in, like he usually does, because he paid for all the flowers and stuff. Heh.

I'm going to go ahead and speculate that Thea learns about Oliver as the Arrow in 3x14 because of Slade. Malcolm, probably, takes Thea along when he goes to Lian Yu (based on that instagram pics of WH at Slade's detention cell). Pet spec why Malcolm goes to Slade is because he finds out that Oliver made a deal with Ra's so Malcolm is trying to make a deal with Oliver's greatest enemy. Malcolm gets Slade out, Slade turns on him (because he's a lot less Mirakuru-crazy) and actually is the one that helps Oliver seize Malcolm for delivery to Ra's. But not before Slade makes sure that Thea knows about Oliver (because the guy can't be all rehabilitated) and escapes for future guest spots. This might be the "Boo-yah!" reaction, per SA.

Is this the episode of the rooftop scene? So that could be the end scenario where Oliver and Diggle deliver Malcolm to Nyssa and Maseo, which will lead us to 3x15, "Nanda Parbat."

• Love 2

If that is indeed the Dyla wedding, since BR is there, I pray to the lords they don't use Felicity inviting Ray as a plus 1 to cause 'tension' between her and Oliver. pray. Because that would be ridiculous.

Come on now they have to have the longing looks between Oliver and Felicity, the angsty slow dance with an almost kiss before Felicity runs out with tears in her eyes

Someone I follow on Twitter retweeted something about this possible rewrite, but the OP links back to the same interview we all read with Kreisberg at ET Online, so it looks to me more like extreme spec than something new? Unless I'm missing something new.

Please re-read your last sentence. Of course that's what they're going to do!.  :p 

It will be super annoying and turn me into a giant anger ball and why am I still bothering with this show? This isn't the good kind of angst. I thought we got a lot of that during S2 even if it wasn't explicit. I'm pretty sure I've read fanfic on AO3 that is better written and has better angst then the writing that is done by professionals who get paid lots of money. 

• Love 6

Ray there's because he pinged her cell phone.

Jokes. Or am I?

Ray is very likely Felicity's plus one and if we even reach the reception, they will likely share a dance. As long as Oliver and Felicity share a lingering look over his shoulder, I don't even care.

Ray there's because he pinged her cell phone.

Jokes. Or am I?

Ray is very likely Felicity's plus one and if we even reach the reception, they will likely share a dance. As long as Oliver and Felicity share a lingering look over his shoulder, I don't even care.

Who's to say Oliver and Felicity don't have a dance together. Unless Ray and Oliver are at odds cause of feelings for the Gorgeous Ms Smoak?

The fact of him pinging her cell more than once is what gets me a little ragey about how Felicity could get feelings for ol creepy eyes. Apparently it's sexy to do that to a girl one of the things TV likes to pass of as okay

LOL Ray is there too? lmao. too good. Totally see them using this wedding to cause all sorts of drama. 

Edit: "cause all sorts of unnecessary drama"

Poor Digg. Has to deal with a broody Oliver at his wedding. 

• Love 1

Who's to say Oliver and Felicity don't have a dance together. Unless Ray and Oliver are at odds cause of feelings for the Gorgeous Ms Smoak?

This might play out like the Anti-prom (Dawsons Creek). Felicity goes with Ray, has an angsty dance with Oliver which Ray witnesses and leads him to step back because he realises where her heart lies. Then in comes Mama Smoak in 318 to give Felicity the final push towards Oliver just in time for the final run of episodes.

• Love 5

LOL Ray is there too? lmao. too good. Totally see them using this wedding to cause all sorts of drama.

As long as Oliver and Ray don't get in a actual fist fight ill be good with it though Oliver would kick his ass if it happens!

This might play out like the Anti-prom (Dawsons Creek). Felicity goes with Ray, has an angsty dance with Oliver which Ray witnesses and leads him to step back because he realises where her heart lies. Then in comes Mama Smoak in 318 to give Felicity the final push towards Oliver just in time for the final run of episodes.

Oooh good points! Hope it happens! I may criticize ol creepy eyes but I think he would step back if he saw Felicity was very into Oliver

I've said this before, but I swear to god if we get an "I remember everything," kind of moment, I will lose it. 

In a good way.

• Love 4

my only thing is that Ray and Felicity go to Central City together in Flash 1x18. I guess they could be going as business partners though. 

The best thing about this wedding is the fact that Oliver is probably Diggle's best man and I just…HEART EYES. 

The love triangle drama can just GTFO.

Omg can Creepy Eyes do the Dawson in the finale PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE.

giphy.gif

But in all seriousness, I don't understand why Oliver hasn't bought Felicity a wall yet.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 10

They're going because Ray needs help with his suit, aren't they?

yeah I guess so. but it would be kinda awkward if it took place right after Felicity's "I choose you" moment lol.

They really shouldn't have left MG in charge, because this is Cheap Writing 101. The main couple go to a wedding with different people while having feelings for each other? The wedding is a friend's wedding too. There will be an angsty dance, heart eyes made at each other and then next week the girl gets hurt and is in the hospital. It's like they hired fanfiction writers.

I am not even worried. I know some people don't want Ray there, but I'm not even worried about him. If he is the final push to get Oliver to step up and realize that he could very likely loose Felicity soon then good. Because so far nothing else has done it. 

There's no way that after this season, and Stephen Amell finally making the choice between Laurel and Felicity that they aren't going with an Olicity endgame. So I will enjoy it, I will enjoy the angst because if they are happy too soon that means that the hurt is just coming later. Let them angst now, and then not break up when the Baby Mama comes back next season.

Edited by HighHopes
  • Love 2

Now, THIS is the good kind of angst. Granted, Oliver probably won't be sailing off on a boat for the summer (or anytime, anywhere) but I can get behind leaving a crying Ray behind and following her heart. 

I've said this before, but I swear to god if we get an "I remember everything," kind of moment, I will lose it.

We got the basic equivalent of it, apinknightmare, with the "it was red." However, I will accept more of that, please and thank you.

Edited by calliope1975
  • Love 2

They really shouldn't have left MG in charge, because this is Cheap Writing 101. The main couple go to a wedding with different people while having feelings for each other? The wedding is a friend's wedding too. There will be an angsty dance, heart eyes made at each other and then next week the girl gets hurt and is in the hospital. It's like they hired fanfiction writers.

I am not even worried. I know some people don't want Ray there, but I'm not even worried about him. If he is the final push to get Oliver to step up and realize that he could very likely loose Felicity soon then good. Because so far nothing else has done it.

There's no way that after this season, and Stephen Amell finally making the choice between Laurel and Felicity that they aren't going with an Olicity endgame. So I will enjoy it, I will enjoy the angst because if they are happy too soon that means that the hurt is just coming later. Let them angst now, and then not break up when the Baby Mama comes back next season.

Laurel is an option this season?

yeah I guess so. but it would be kinda awkward if it took place right after Felicity's "I choose you" moment lol.

I don't think she has an "I choose you" moment, but if it was anything like the anti-prom episode of Dawson's like we were talking, Ray would realize that he probably wasn't in the running like he thought he was. Not even in the race.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

I don't think she has an "I choose you" moment, but if it was anything like the anti-prom episode of Dawson's like we were talking, Ray would realize that he probably wasn't in the running like he thought he was. Not even in the race.

aah okay I've never seen Dawson's Creek lol. I just know that it had a huge love triangle between Katie Holmes character and 2 guys. 

mm what if Ray was invited? Maybe he's friends with Team Arrow at this point? I doubt it but it's a slight possibility. 

aah okay I've never seen Dawson's Creek lol. I just know that it had a huge love triangle between Katie Holmes character and 2 guys. 

mm what if Ray was invited? Maybe he's friends with Team Arrow at this point? I doubt it but it's a slight possibility. 

For context, the whole love triangle between Katie Holmes' character and the 2 other guys is essentially similar to one like Felicity/Oliver/Laurel. Not that Felicity/Oliver/Laurel are in a love triangle... But Dawson and Joey (KH's character) were set up to be this soulmate/romance of the century sort of thing (much like Laurel/Oliver) but it didn't pan out because of various reasons. However, the audience took more to the other romance pairing Joey/Pacey... And while the writers played out the Dawson/Joey 'soulmates' angle until the end of the series, Joey/Pacey ended up together. 

Hope that helps :)

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

For context, the whole love triangle between Katie Holmes' character and the 2 other guys is essentially similar to one like Felicity/Oliver/Laurel. Not that Felicity/Oliver/Laurel are in a love triangle... But Dawson and Joey (KH's character) were set up to be this soulmate/romance of the century sort of thing (much like Laurel/Oliver) but it didn't pan out because of various reasons. However, the audience took more to the other romance pairing Joey/Pacey... And while the writers played out the Dawson/Joey 'soulmates' angle until the end of the series, Joey/Pacey ended up together. 

Hope that helps :)

Aah that's interesting. And yeah I can see a lot of similarities. :) That's odd though Isn't "Dawson" the main character..."Dawson's Creek" lol. Did he end up alone? 

Anyway I love weddings so hopefully the wedding doesn't get interrupted or something. 

Edited by ban1o

Aah that's interesting. And yeah I can see a lot of similarities. :) That's odd though Isn't Dawson the main character..."Dawson's Creek" lol. 

Anyway I love weddings so hopefully the wedding doesn't get interrupted or something. 

Yep! Just like how Laurel is the female lead :p 

Like I said, their 'epic' story didn't really pan out. Not a lot of people liked them. Usually I feel like these whole 'soulmate' arcs are so forced and grow unnaturally and are 'written' instead of 'shown' which is one of the few  reasons why people don't like them. It's sort of like how kids do the opposite of what they're told to do. 

No.no. No.no.no.no.

Am I to understand from those pics in spoiler thread that felicity takes Ray to digs wedding???!

NO

We don't know yet for sure although that one photo of Oliver and Ray makes it look like they are giving mean looks to each other

Felicity catches the bouquet? Of course she does. Oh, it's so predictable it's embarrassing. 

After tonight's ep, I'm honestly conflicted about what I think he's going to do when he comes back. I can't tell if he's going to go full Arrow or fight for Oliver Queen. 

I think it's gonna be The Arrow. I just keep thinking about us seeing shades of his s1 self.