Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

You guys are just taking this as fact? SA gives spoilers away about Lazarus Pits but only to one person and no one questions that?

He's already say they exist on the show. And no one's losing their minds over it or anything, we're just speculating.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Unless they use it on Laurel.

Why would you put that thought out into the universe? That's on you now.

No but seriously though, kill Laurel and bring her back? Oh, so she's magically BC. I got you. 

Why would you put that thought out into the universe? That's on you now.

No but seriously though, kill Laurel and bring her back? Oh, so she's magically BC. I got you. 

Haha, I had posted it further upthread. It could be used to give her the canary cry.

Yesssss, douchey DJ actually is LOA affiliated. What is that about?

Haha, I had posted it further upthread. It could be used to give her the canary cry.

Ah, right. Sorry, I keep skimming posts by mistake. 

But that's another thing I don't like. The show solved the problem with the canary cry by making it a sonic device and it made sense. Why change that? I just keep thinking of Laurel suddenly screeching her head off to stop bad guys and it just seems hilarious to me. I know powers exist in this universe but I just can't picture her having that ability seriously. 

Posted a link to the Asia promo on Spoilers Only. Douche DJ and Maseo are on the phone.

So Oliver is not calling anyone because reasons?

I think they're gonna use the Lazarus Pit somehow simply because they've alluded to it enough times [Ra's getting out of the jaccuzzi, the 67 years thing, the vial Malcolm carries on his necklace] to making it weird if they never get to the part where it's used to ressurect someone. And if it's not Oliver, it's gotta be someone else that matters to the narrative.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 2

I love that when the guy asked him for proof he was like, "here's a pic of me as Arsenal yesterday." 

I buy it, because it's not really even a spoiler. Even at the TCAs SA said the Lazarus Pit existed, and that they wouldn't be used for Oliver....so, probably for someone else. Hopefully not a person named Laurel Lance.

• Love 2

Okay saw the Asian promo..

Holy Shit!!!

So can we speculate that after 3x04 Nyssa went back home to send Chase on SC to spy on Thea so they can get Malcolm?

Thank you Diggle my man for saying what we all think.

Suddenly 3x11 sounds a bit better.

Is it wednsday yet?

• Love 1

LOL Chase is in the LOA. Bahaha. Much jokes. Such funny.

As for the Lazarus Pits, could they just be bringing them back to explain more about Ra's al Ghul? Isn't there an episode called Nanda Parbat? They're probably linked…

Eh. Seriously, they might as well have just used it on Oliver. It'll be more realistic than him just needing a bit of surgery after being stabbed in the spleen and the lung and then falling off a huge cliff. *eyeroll*

Edited by Guest

LOL Chase is in the LOA. Bahaha. Much jokes. Such funny.

As for the Lazarus Pits, could they just be bringing them back to explain more about Ra's al Ghul? Isn't there an episode called Nanda Parbat? They're probably linked…

Eh. Seriously, they might as well have just used it on Oliver. It'll be more realistic than him just needing a bit of surgery after being stabbed in the spleen and the lung and then falling off a huge cliff. *eyeroll*

If they use it on someone, maybe they use it on him?

Maybe they'd introduce either canon side effects or some other kind of side effect that they didn't want to deal with for Oliver?

• Love 1

Oh I'm totally down with douchey DJ  working with the LOA.  It's ridiculous and if you are going to be ridiculous, I say go big or go home!  

I feel like the only person that has no interest in Zombie Tommy.  I liked Tommy well enough, but he is not the person I would want brought back from the dead.  That's not even getting to the fact that it would mean every man who died ends up not dead and all the women stay dead…just no.

• Love 8

yeah Austin Butler wasn't very charismatic but it is an interesting development. Who sent him there? Is he there to spy on Malcolm or Thea? (probably Malcolm)

Again, that was a pretty big thing to spoil lol.

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

I don't mind that Chase guy being in the LOA but they totally miscast there. He doesn't exactly scream 'assassin' although maybe that's the point. I wouldn't have guessed. Kinda wish they hadn't spoiled it. 

If they use it on someone, maybe they use it on him?

Maybe they'd introduce either canon side effects or some other kind of side effect that they didn't want to deal with for Oliver?

I read up on the LP's and the side effects were one of the reasons why I was hoping they didn't use it on Oliver, although if they did I could see why Oliver might be like his S1 self and push Felicity away completely when he returns. Don't they go insane or something? 

I don't mind being aware of them in universe, I just feel like it's opening a door that didn't really need to be opened. But it would make sense if we see Ra's al Ghul using them or something. I'm sure we're bound to see more about him. 

Oh I'm totally down with douchey DJ  working with the LOA.  It's ridiculous and if you are going to be ridiculous, I say go big or go home!  

I feel like the only person that has no interest in Zombie Tommy.  I liked Tommy well enough, but he is not the person I would want brought back from the dead.  That's not even getting to the fact that it would mean every man who died ends up not dead and all the women stay dead…just no.

Really I don't want anyone being brought back from the dead. If I had my pick, I'd choose Sara. But that's not going to happen. If it did, they'd probably have her go off the rails so she'd be ruined anyway. 

• Love 4

No, I don't want zombie!Tommy either. If they were going to bring anyone back from the dead, I'd vote for Sara first. But as apinknightmare says, they'd probably end up ruining her. :(

I would rather not have had the Lazarus Pits in this universe at all. But since they do exist, I agree they'll probably end up being used on someone fairly important.

The thing about using them for Laurel.....Comics people please correct my knowledge, but if I understand correctly, Dinah Laurel Lance in the comics did regain her Canary Cry after losing it by using a Lazarus Pit. But in that case it was something she had had previously. Laurel doesn't. And didn't MG say they weren't going to make Laurel a metahuman?

Edited by Starfish35

So DJ douche is LOA, which means he doesn't care about dating Thea but is using her to spy on MM and possibly Oliver when he gets back. Nice trend here. Can Thea buy some agency in her own story.

• Love 13

So DJ douche is LOA, which means he doesn't care about dating Thea but is using her to spy on MM and possibly Oliver when he gets back. Nice trend here. Can Thea buy some agency in her own story.

I really, really, really hope that at some point soon it's revealed that Thea knows more than we think she does. I don't know exactly what that could be, but...something.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 3

Saw the Asia promo... And my first thought was so I guess there is phone reception on the mountain. Somebody needs to make a little phone call to the arrowcave like now...

So I guess some of us & me were wrong about him being r/t Slade, unless he could still be. Sorta do like him being part of the LoA plan. It opens all types of plot options. The rest of season just got very interesting.  Poor Thea, this will not be helping her trust issues. Bring back Walter, he seems to be the only one that has not lied to her, yet.

As for the lazarus pits, think they shouldn't be used willy nilly on all dead characters. Personally think it will only be used on MM & Ras. Big fish that can move plot, not just teach a lesson. The noble deaths like Tommy & Moira, the sadder ones like Sara unfortunately will remain dead. I would like to see them have some of the really bad side effects that comic canon suggests - so in that way glad that they dont use it on Oliver

Was there ever any confirmation on whether Malcolm really died from his stab wound in 1x23? Perhaps there will be a flashback of him taking a dip in the Lazarus Pit.

IIRC (someone correct me if I'm wrong), but it was never explained outright. And if they're going to be used at all, I'd prefer it to be in a flashback and on Malcolm, so hopefully that's what it is.

Was there ever any confirmation on whether Malcolm really died from his stab wound in 1x23? Perhaps there will be a flashback of him taking a dip in the Lazarus Pit.

Nope. The EPs said they will never explain how he survived

• Love 2

Saw the Asia promo... And my first thought was so I guess there is phone reception on the mountain. Somebody needs to make a little phone call to the arrowcave like now...

So I guess some of us & me were wrong about him being r/t Slade, unless he could still be. Sorta do like him being part of the LoA plan. It opens all types of plot options. The rest of season just got very interesting.  Poor Thea, this will not be helping her trust issues. Bring back Walter, he seems to be the only one that has not lied to her, yet.

As for the lazarus pits, think they shouldn't be used willy nilly on all dead characters. Personally think it will only be used on MM & Ras. Big fish that can move plot, not just teach a lesson. The noble deaths like Tommy & Moira, the sadder ones like Sara unfortunately will remain dead. I would like to see them have some of the really bad side effects that comic canon suggests - so in that way glad that they dont use it on Oliver

Bet Idiot Oliver doesn't Cue one reason his lady love is MAD AS HELL

No, you're not the only one.  I wasn't a Tommy fan and have no desire to see him return.  But maybe that's a good thing because if they do bring him back, there is like a 99% chance they absolutely destroy the character (see Wilson, Slade).

If Laurel does die, I'm just going to prepare myself for her resurrection because if I thought it was for real, and then MG was like "psych," I would be super pissed.

• Love 1

I could totally get behind her taking someone out as long as she knew she was doing it.

That is where I'm at too.

Malcolm drugging her and using her to kill Sara, all with the intention of getting her brother to a fight to the death. I'd shed some blood.

What if the DDJ is supposed to be a good guy though? What if Maseo sent her there to keep an eye on her? It's a crazy theory.

Nope. The EPs said they will never explain how he survived

So this is going to be like BBC's Sherlock 

where they never explain how Sherlock survives the fall from the building after facing Moriarty? Grrr…

(facepalm)

Don't they have any original ideas? I mean, I know it's based on a comic book (see: Laurel is BC! No matter what!) but do they have to do a half-assed job of things done better on other shows or films? Le sigh.

Edited by Menrva
  • Love 1

Yeah, at this point I'm actually fine with Thea going full on evil as long as she's making the choice to do so.

I would have preferred her to be playing Malcolm at his own game this whole time, like a mini Moira Queen, but they killed that theory with three arrows in Sara's chest. Curse them. 

What if the DDJ is supposed to be a good guy though? What if Maseo sent her there to keep an eye on her? It's a crazy theory.

I guess it's possible. That why I also had the theory of the league killing him. But why would Maseo care about Thea that much? 

I guess it's possible. That why I also had the theory of the league killing him. But why would Maseo care about Thea that much? 

Who knows. We found out last ep that he cares about Oliver enough to risk his own life, so who knows what else happened between the two of them.

• Love 1

Thea is tied to both Oliver and Malcolm. Thea could be one hell of an important player. IF THE SHOW WOULD JUST REMEMBER THAT.

Edited by 10Eleven12
  • Love 3

Thea is tied to both Oliver and Malcolm. Thea could be one hell of an important player. IF THE SHOW WOULD JUST REMEMBER THAT.

Oh yeah me and a friend were actually talking about how little the EPs seem to care about Thea's character. I mean she is connected to both the Quuen family and the Merlyn family and theoretically could be a major player which hasn't really been realized yet on the show.

• Love 2

Oh yeah me and a friend were actually talking about how little the EPs seem to care about Thea's character. I mean she is connected to both the Quuen family and the Merlyn family and theoretically could be a major player which hasn't really been realized yet on the show.

Hopefully they'll get into that soon.

I really don't understand that. There is so much potential there. Willa Holland and John Barrowman have great chemistry and they could make it so interesting. I'm crossing my fingers the back half is going to be Thea heavy.

• Love 2

So this is going to be like BBC's Sherlock

where they never explain how Sherlock survives the fall from the building after facing Moriarty? Grrr…

(facepalm)

Don't they have any original ideas? I mean, I know it's based on a comic book (see: Laurel is BC! No matter what!) but do they have to do a half-assed job of things done better on other shows or films? Le sigh.

Sherlock explained what you referenced under the spoiler tag.

If there is cell reception in the mountain where Oliver is, what's stopping Oliver from calling his team up to tell them he's alive? Unless Maseo keeps that from him for some reason.

• Love 1

Sherlock explained what you referenced under the spoiler tag.

Sherlock spoilers

They offered multiple explanations but I don't recall it ever being completely explained. 

I really don't understand that. There is so much potential there. Willa Holland and John Barrowman have great chemistry and they could make it so interesting. I'm crossing my fingers the back half is going to be Thea heavy.

My cynical self thinks its because they can't risk KC being even further usurped as a leading lady by Willa Holland who IMO acts circles around KC.

Edited by catrox14
  • Love 5