Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

So...the early episodes. Will we have a repeat of season 2 where episode 1-9 was gold and after that...not even bronze? Well I guess Felicity will be more busy with Ray, perhaps Diggle with ARGUS and Roy? Who knows.

That last line of the Huffington Post article is interesting.

If I'm the Arrow, do I get to have any of those other normal people things or do I have to hang up my hood?

I wonder if Oliver will consider giving up being the Arrow this season. That's a pretty standard trope for the hero to love someone enough to think about giving up his hero identity but I didn't think we'd see it this soon in the shows run.  I actually love when a story explores this aspect of the duality of the hero so I would be excited for that storyline.

I also really appreciate the show runners confirming, again, who they few as the core members of the team.

Some info on Laurel that we haven't really seen before

Will we see Laurel take more steps to becoming the Black Canary?
Guggenheim: I certainly don't want to spoil anything, but suffice it to say we definitely intended Laurel to be set on a path when Sara gave her that jacket. And you have not seen the last of that jacket. This so borders on spoiler, but I think people who love Laurel's character and love the idea of her being more active in fighting crime than just being a district attorney will be really happy this year.

http://www.tvguide.com/News/Arrow-Season-3-Spoilers-Marc-Guggenheim-1087886.

Also more general spoilers in that article! (although must of it is old) 

Edited by ban1o

Also, ugh:

Now that Oliver is pursuing a relationship with Felicity, are things really over between him and Laurel?
Guggenheim: I think ever since the beginning of Season 2 when Oliver and Laurel had their conversation about Tommy's death and Oliver being away for those five months after Tommy's death. I think Oliver and Laurel are sort of in a really good post-relationship place. That's not to say they'll never get back together again. We never say never on Arrow.

Say never to that, please. Please say never to that.

• Love 4

OH. MY. WORD! I cannot believe he said never say never. I feel ill. I only hope he's trolling because if they really think they can sell that relationship after the shenanigans of season 2 they are seriously confused about love.

• Love 2

Also, ugh:

Say never to that, please. Please say never to that.

Honestly, that quote made me happy. I felt like he was essentially saying no, but he couldn't say no. You don't want to alienate a whole fan base. I now feel like Stephen's comments at comic-con were pre-approved. Plus his Black Canary comments always sound odd to me. If Laurel is destined to be BC then why all the secrecy? Why can't he say: Yes, at some point in the future Laurel will become Black Canary. But he never does, he always says she's on a path, but he never tells us which one. I find it suspicious.

I wish they would address the concerns of the audience regarding Laurel instead of just talking to the people who love Laurel. I know there is a lot of hate, but there are common themes that shouldn't be dismissed. 

I wish he had closed the door on Laurel/Oliver. But they were never going to state it.

• Love 1

I wish they would address the concerns of the audience regarding Laurel instead of just talking to the people who love Laurel. I know there is a lot of hate, but there are common themes that shouldn't be dismissed. 

People have problems with all characters. Why he should he address people who have problems with Laurel over people who have problems with Thea, Sara, Roy, Felicity or Diggle? 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Honestly, that quote made me happy. I felt like he was essentially saying no, but he couldn't say no. You don't want to alienate a whole fan base. I now feel like Stephen's comments at comic-con were pre-approved. Plus his Black Canary comments always sound odd to me. If Laurel is destined to be BC then why all the secrecy? Why can't he say: Yes, at some point in the future Laurel will become Black Canary. But he never does, he always says she's on a path, but he never tells us which one. I find it suspicious.

Oh, I know why he says it, I get that he's got to keep everyone interested. I just really hope they say never to that.

I think the way he talks about Laurel as BC is odd too - it's very lawyery.

• Love 1

Maybe I stopped giving a shit after SDCC but i read that quote and started laughing, first off no EP will ever say Not Gonna Happen when there's so many seasons ahead of them. Secondly it reminded me of quotes from TVD cast & crew. They always say Never Say Never. Hell I just read the funniest Paul Wesley interview where he said Stelana was dead and kept getting pressure from the interviewer so he finally changed it to Never Say Never...we all know the answer though. Nina and Julie have also said Never Say Never...I read them and just laugh

• Love 1

People have problems with all characters. Why he should he address people who have problems with Laurel over people who have problems with Thea, Roy or Diggle? 

Maybe because the EPs have admitted to struggling with and making missteps with her character? The audience is always going to have a problem with someone, but the people who run the show have admitted to having a problem with Laurel, too. (Personally, I don't care if they address it in interviews or not - I don't think they'll ever be able to get me interested in her, regardless).

Edited by apinknightmare

I see more complaints about Laurel then anything else. But he seems to just gloss over them. I just want him to acknowledge the audience's concerns with Black Canary.

In a way, he has talked about the complaints with other characters. He acknowledges that they need to develop Felicity. He addressed Roy and his place on Team Arrow.

• Love 2

Maybe because the EPs have admitted to struggling with and making missteps with her character? The audience is always going to have a problem with someone, but the people who run the show have admitted to having a problem with Laurel, too. (Personally, I don't care if they address it in interviews or not - I don't think they'll ever be able to get me interested in her, regardless).

Still this is an interview where they asked if Laurel will become BC, why should they talk about the problems people have with her? That's not usually something they do in press interviews like this. I know obviously Laurel's character has problems but usually for really disliked characters, the creators kinda ignore it, especially in interviews like this (if the interview doesn't ask about it) 

Edited by ban1o

Still this is an interview where they asked if Laurel will become BC, why should they talk about the problems people have with her? That's not usually something they do in press interviews like this. I know obviously Laurel's character has problems but usually for really disliked characters, the creators kinda ignore it, especially in interviews like this (if the interview doesn't ask about it) 

No one said they should address it in this interview - just that they should address it.

Am I the only one who noticed this?

What can you say about Oliver and Felicity’s first date?

Guggenheim: They go for Italian. I believe he orders a scotch.

Oliver doesn't drink dammit!

CONTINUITY. :p

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 3

I just want someone to address the hardships on making Laurel into a Black Canary that could match Sara or Oliver. 

lol people should arrange an interview with one of the writers and ask them :P 

Haha, right?!

He's nervous, okay? He needs a few fingers of scotch to calm down!

That poor man :p Brought down by Felicity Smoak :')

That reminds me of Gilmore Girls when Professor Asher Fleming dies and Paris says "No Rory, this great man was not brought down by my vagina" :p 

Edited by wonderwall
  • Love 1

Orders scotch, doesn't say drinks. ;) It might be like the vodka with Isabel. He ordered but didn't drink it.

I think he Guggenheim did address the problems with Laurel. "The people that love her" will be happy with her arc. Not the viewers. They know most people aren't coming around on her.

For the things I would like them to address about Laurel's character I imagine we'll have to wait until the final season.

I also think his wording is weird "we definitely intended Laurel to be set on a path when Sara gave her that jacket." Does that mean they no longer intend? 

• Love 1

Oliver doesn't drink, except when the League of Assassins comes to town and a lot of shit happens and he opens a bottle of vodka and shares a drink with Diggle, or when he goes to Russia and meet Anatoly for drinks, or when he's trying to bang Isabel... so it's more like Oliver doesn't drink anything other than vodka.

[Yeah, I know Amell thinks Oliver doesn't drink. He lost that one there.]

Also, Marc G remarks about Laurel and crime fighting have me back to thinking they're gonna make her something other than Black Canary, at least at first.

Edited by dancingnancy
  • Love 1

I also think his wording is weird "we definitely intended Laurel to be set on a path when Sara gave her that jacket." Does that mean they no longer intend? 

LOL I think you over analyzing his use of past tense. He's just saying what they intended with that scene. :P 

Edited by ban1o

That stupid leather jacket is going to haunt us forever. 

Also I think it's really weird to have spent the hiatus talking about the strength of Olicity's connection/relationship (MG even went as far to say that they're in love with each other) only to suddenly say 'never say never' with regards to O/L. Pick a lane and stick to it dude. It's time. There's no going back to that toxic mess. 

• Love 2

I am by no means a fans of O/L but if this show last more than 5 season (or lasts as long as Smalville) I think it's definitely possible they could get together sometime in the show.  Like this is the CW there's no way Ollie will be with Felicity or stay single for the whole show 

Edited by ban1o

That stupid leather jacket is going to haunt us forever. 

Also I think it's really weird to have spent the hiatus talking about the strength of Olicity's connection/relationship (MG even went as far to say that they're in love with each other) only to suddenly say 'never say never' with regards to O/L. Pick a lane and stick to it dude. It's time. There's no going back to that toxic mess. 

They won't ever say that relationship is over publicly, but I hope NEVER is a word they frequently use regarding that pairing in private.

I am by no means a fans of O/L but if this show last more than 5 season (or lasts as long as Smalville) I think it's definitely possible they could get together sometime in the show.  Like this is the CW there's no way Ollie will be with Felicity or stay single for the whole show 

It's a possibility. Possibly the most idiotic decisions the EPs could ever make, but a possibility nonetheless. 

I'd give Laurel and Oliver a 5% chance of happening. lol

• Love 1

It's a possibility. Possibly the most idiotic decisions the EPs could ever make, but a possibility nonetheless. 

Yeah it wouldn't be the best writing choice and might make some of the characters worse but like it's possible. I would never say never lol. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

There's no way this show needs to last beyond five seasons. That's when most shows start to get repetitive or they ruin characters and make stupid plot decisions just so they have something to do. 

I do understand the whole CW thing and relationships (ugh) but I think they're onto a winning formula with Olicity and if they mess with that I think it'd be a big mistake. Plus I hate O/L. I'd rather have no one together than O/L. The idea of them back together is gross to me. 

They won't ever say that relationship is over publicly, but I hope NEVER is a word they frequently use regarding that pairing in private.

Yeah, I know they can't state it officially because that would be alienating a side of fandom but I really hope they don't go back there. Oliver needs to keep his dick away from anyone whose name is Lance. PLEASE.

• Love 3

Haha, yeah. Apart from eventually losing interest or something, I think the rekindling of that relationship is the only thing that would make me stop watching. Laurel could become BC ten times over, then be elected to Senate and become President of the United States for all I care, I'd still tune in.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 1

Yeah it wouldn't be the best writing choice and might make some of the characters worse but like it's possible. I would never say never lol. 

I feel as though "never say never" Is the EPs equivalent of parents saying "We'll see" lol

So I don't see it happening at all

There's no way this show needs to last beyond five seasons. That's when most shows start to get repetitive or they ruin characters and make stupid plot decisions just so they have something to do. 

I do understand the whole CW thing and relationships (ugh) but I think they're onto a winning formula with Olicity and if they mess with that I think it'd be a big mistake. Plus I hate O/L. I'd rather have no one together than O/L. The idea of them back together is gross to me. 

Oh I definitely think the show shouldn't go over 5 seasons, But if it's still getting good ratings after 5 seasons then I can see them making more seasons.  

Edited by ban1o

I kind of find it hilarious that they always specify "the people who love Laurel" will love whatever they'll do with the character. They don't do it with any other character. It's almost passively-aggressively saying THIS ANSWER ISN'T FOR Y'ALL LAUREL HATERZ OUT THERE PLEASE DON'T START.

...We always start.

• Love 7

Folks, let's stick to spoilers please. Discussion of theoretical fifth seasons and beyond should probably go Hopes and Fears.

Also, let's not get into yet another cyclical discussion/argument over Laurel, 'kay? We're going to start deleting posts in here when the same poster weighs in over and over and over. Likewise, we'll be deleting posts that have tone issues, and not just in here if it comes to it.

It's just over 24 hours people, please, hang in there!

• Love 2

Oh I definitely think the show shouldn't go over 5 seasons, But if it's still getting good ratings after 5 seasons then I can see them making more seasons.  

Same. Sigh. I just wish a show runner would have the balls to say 'you know, this is the story we want to tell and it will take x amount of seasons and then that's it.' Like Breaking Bad.

Editing to say ooops but this will be my last post on the subject then! 

Edited by Angel12d
  • Love 1

I think people who love Laurel's character and love the idea of her being more active in fighting crime than just being a district attorney will be really happy this year.

I remember AK saying about Laurel's actions when she finds out Oliver is the Arrow -- the people who love her will love her even more, and others will be surprised and like her for what she does (I'm paraphrasing the second part).  You gotta hand it to them, they keep trying to make people like Laurel.

Late, but here are my guesses for the quotes:

Maseo:  “There is nothing more important to me than family.”

Maseo:  “A man cannot live by two names.”

Diggle re baby:  “The second I looked at her, the whole universe changed.”

Felicity (second choice Oliver):  “Don’t ask me to say I don’t love you.”

Oliver:  “You stop seeing people. You see threats or targets.”

Ray after Oliver's speech and before his pitch (possibly unidentified guy Oliver is talking to): “Good speech. Hard to top that.”

Oliver: “This is my crusade, which makes it my decision.”

Roy: “There is no yellow wire.”

Felicity: “Believe it or not, I’ve had worst first dates.”

Sara:  “Don’t look so surprised. I wasn’t gone that long.”

Sara:  “We are not our masks and we need people in our lives who don’t wear one.”

Diggle:  “Now the only person you’re fooling is yourself.”

Felicity:  “I’ve already seen you shirtless. You are shirtless all the time.”

Laurel:  “You catch ‘em and I cook ‘em.

Laurel (but possibly Quentin): “There is another slimy human who needs my attention.”

Quentin: “You’re welcome” [in response to Starling City's reduced crime rate]

Edited by statsgirl
  • Love 1

I feel as though "never say never" Is the EPs equivalent of parents saying "We'll see" lol

So I don't see it happening at all

Yeah, and if you compare it to those interviews with the EP's last april comparing them to Lois and Clarke and the stuff about them always coming back together, it does sound like they are actually moving away from that. They probably aren't going to say never to any pairing especially in an interview.

This is still killing me, god

From your picture, I'm guessing you have one of your own.

For me, the universe changed when I found out I was pregnant.  But I guess for a dad, it would be when he sees the baby.

From your picture, I'm guessing you have one of your own.

For me, the universe changed when I found out I was pregnant. But I guess for a dad, it would be when he sees the baby.

I actually don't - I enjoy children I can give back to their parents at the end of the day. ;)

I hate the Oliver baby mama drama storyline possibilities, but I'm really, really looking forward to seeing Digg as a dad! Hearing him say things like that will ruin me.

Also, I've developed this borderline ridiculous headcanon where baby Diggle is born and Oliver and Felicity go in the room and they all take turns holding her, then Diggle says that ridiculously perfect crap about his universe changing, then Oliver and Felicity step out into the hallway and have their super intense conversation, and he just has to kiss her because he wants what Diggle has and he feels like just for a second maybe he can have it or something like it, and I'm stopping now because reasons (mainly because this isn't the fanfic thread, and I'm sure this is fanfic). Edited by stacey
  • Love 2

lol when the episode premieres who ever out of the people who guessed who said which quote got the most right  should win. 

I would totally create a poll/guessing game on google docs or something if I knew how. Where's Felicity when you need her? lol

• Love 1

I would totally create a poll/guessing game on google docs or something if I knew how. Where's Felicity when you need her? lol

haha yeah I would too but I'm so bad with technology.  

Edited by ban1o

The spoiler reads:

Oliver recounts the day he met Felicity (including an incredibly small detail about that encounter).

So I think it's an actual detail about the day they met (her shirt color, her biting her pen, whatever), rather than something that led him to her office in the first place.

I don't think this is it, but people on Tumblr were having fun this weekend speculating the small detail is the pill bottle. LOL. What's up with that?

tumblr_inline_ncxytg6LVM1rhsrd8.jpg