Type keyword(s) to search

Spoiler Discussion Thread

Morrigan2575
  • Start Topic

In Palmer's description he is listed as Oliver's romantic and professional rival. The audience seems to be focused on the romantic part and have forgotten the professional aspect - which is understandable given what the EPs are spoiling. I think there is some misdirection going on right now; I believe that Ray and QC will play an important part this season. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if Felicity and Ray never actually take off. I don't think anything romantic will happen until mid-season and then when he makes a move towards a more serious relationship, she puts the brakes on it. Then the last few of Ray's episodes will be Atom helping the Team.

Maybe its just wishfull thinking on my part, but to me it makes sense.

• Love 6

In Palmer's description he is listed as Oliver's romantic and professional rival. The audience seems to be focused on the romantic part and have forgotten the professional aspect - which is understandable given what the EPs are spoiling. I think there is some misdirection going on right now; I believe that Ray and QC will play an important part this season. It really wouldn't surprise me at all if Felicity and Ray never actually take off. I don't think anything romantic will happen until mid-season and then when he makes a move towards a more serious relationship, she puts the brakes on it. Then the last few of Ray's episodes will be Atom helping the Team.

I think people are just focused on the romantic part because that's all the producers have been spoiling, but I think his role will be a lot more than that. The advertising in general has been very Olicity/romance/love triangle focused, and I know that's annoyed some people, but I think that's just because the EPs don't really want to spoil anything and since Olicity's fanbase is huge it's an easy thing to focus on to generate excitement. I do remember in  comic-con they mentioned something about him trying to re-brand the city but we haven't heard much about that since and I am interested in how he tried to do that. 

Edited by ban1o

Oh I am sure that Ray would be a lot more than Felicity's love interest. They have cast Brandon Routh who does not come cheap, so he is gonna be doing a lot more than romancing Felicity, not that that is not noble in itself.

I predict that there would be a lot of witty banter between Ray and Felicity but I don't see any earth shattering romance. I also predict something crazy romantic between Oliver and Felicity for mid season finale in December.

• Love 4

I suggested awhile back that maybe Ray was the new Mayor, I don't see how that would work as he's in charge of QC/Palmer (industries or technology?)

More than likely the new mayor is just a new/minor character.

Given what happened in the comics today, I wonder if the new mayor is somehow going to wind up being Clinton Hogue?

• Love 1

Doubtful considering that's the same guy Laurel is beating up in the hospital

Eh, you never know. She could just be angling for some extra cash in the city budget to redecorate her office. She did let the darkness in and all that...

I also didn't realize it was him - I thought the hospitalized dude was just some generic beard haver.

Edited by apinknightmare
  • Love 2

Looks like Diggle, Roy and Cisco are filming together for 308

10521461_358167967683136_799643835310804

I also didn't realize it was him - I thought the hospitalized dude was just some generic beard haver.

I googled the name this morning and they had a picture of the actor that played the character in S2...looks like the same guy. I also remember that when the promo first aired people thought it was either him or the actor/character from S1 that worked with China White. Edited by Morrigan2575
  • Love 1

Looks like Diggle, Roy and Cisco are filming together for 308

10521461_358167967683136_799643835310804

I googled the name this morning and they had a picture of the actor that played the character in S2...looks like the same guy. I also remember that when the promo first aired people thought it was either him or the actor/character from S1 that worked with China White.

I like how you use the character's names instead of the actors :P THanks for the picture though. I wonder who else from Flash is in the Arrow crossover episode. I'm guessing Caitlin is as well. 

Edited by ban1o

Was that Clinton Hogue, wearing a cast on a hospital bed, that Laurel was beating up in her shining moment of badassery in the preview? I thought that was Martin Somers from season 1... Bearded bad guys with receding hairlines tend to look alike to me. Heh.

• Love 2

Was that Clinton Hogue, wearing a cast on a hospital bed, that Laurel was beating up in her shining moment of badassery in the preview? I thought that was Martin Somers from season 1... Bearded bad guys with receding hairlines tend to look alike to me. Heh.

Yeah, people were debating between the two characters but the comics revealed that Clinton Hogue is the new Brother Blood so I figured odds are he's also hospital guy. I shouldn't have been so definite in my previous post.

I agree with you, and even though I don't mind the "romantic rival" business -- yet -- I'm really excited about the "business rival" part. I don't why, but I love QC scenes, and I really want to see it become a bigger part of Oliver's story. I'm looking forward to seeing Ray push Oliver to be a better businessman.

• Love 2

So, the "Dollmaker" is supposed to exist in the "Gotham" universe. I was surprised because the character was used on Arrow in the second season. With so many DC shows coming up i.e Gotham, Constantine, Teen Titans, Supergirl etc, the villain gallery for Arrow has suddenly shrunk massively. The Eps need to milk all the characters related to LOA. It would be a crime not to use Talia al Ghul either this Season or the next. Also wonder when Lady Shiva will pop up since Geoff Johns had indicated that the character is available for the producers to use.

Also, at one of the cons, Amell had mentioned that instead of meeting Ra's al Ghul towards the end of the Season we will be meeting him in Episode 4. So, does this indicate that Ra's will also be there is Season 4 and his presence in Season 3 will be limited. (Though its already limited in Season 3 since he will be only in a couple of episodes in the first 9 episodes of this season)

Edited by abhi

I really hope they use Talia as well .IT would great to see a sister dynamic between her and Nyssa. I think the reason they didn't use her initially was because they weren't allowed to use Ra's/Talia so close to the The Dark Knight Rises release but then DC gave them the go ahead to use Ra's and it would be cool if maybe in season 4 they brought in Talia too. 

I think they can make it work. This show was never gonna keep the grounded concept. 

tumblr_ncqt33LHcQ1reaavdo1_500.jpg

I guess Thea is gonna interact with some Flash characters which I approve of. 

Edited by wingster55
  • Love 1

I like the way the fishnets were incorporated into Sara's costume. On the outside, OVER the pants. This show isn't going for tasteful, though - if they can slap someone in fishnets to appeal to the male gaze, they'll do it.

I like the idea of the sonic device for the Canary Cry. I mean...if Laurel becomes BC, she'll inherit everything else of Sara's, why not that too?

• Love 3

I think MG is just trolling. He tweeted a link to his podcast interview, and that twitter conversation started from there. It's funny because in the interview he says that Arrow is going back to being more grounded, and that they introduced the mirakuru arc to justify the powers on Flash (I'm paraphrasing). Not saying he never will go there, but he pretty much said no powers for season 3... now fishnets? Who knows. I hope not.

I think MG is just trolling. He tweeted a link to his podcast interview, and that twitter conversation started from there. It's funny because in the interview he says that Arrow is going back to being more grounded, and that they introduced the mirakuru arc to justify the powers on Flash (I'm paraphrasing). Not saying he never will go there, but he pretty much said no powers for season 3... now fishnets? Who knows. I hope not.

yeah I think he was trolling too. lol I just thought it was funny because I remember people yesterday were worried that Laurel was going to get the canary cry to justify her becoming black canary. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

Yeah Thea in general hasn't had that much interaction with Team Arrow (Obviously with the exception of Oliver + Roy). Looking forward to that this season. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

I wonder the context. Thea's whole storyline baffles me with the bits we've gotten. With Corto Maltese, training with Malcolm, in contact with Roy, back in Starling/Verdant, new love interest and now hanging with Team Arrow.

It doesn't make sense to me!

• Love 1

Thea really has been ignored by the show, the girl has been given nothing. I'm so looking forward to her arc with Malcom, somehow Willa has made me care about Thea. I can't wait to see her train and have to face Oliver again. I'm really hoping she finds out he's the Arrow sooner rather than later.

• Love 3

I wonder the context. Thea's whole storyline baffles me with the bits we've gotten. With Corto Maltese, training with Malcolm, in contact with Roy, back in Starling/Verdant, new love interest and now hanging with Team Arrow.

It doesn't make sense to me!

LOL yeah I've given up trying to understand her story-line. Don't get it at all. The few spoilers we've received don't seem to add up. I'll just wait to see how it plays out. 

Thea really has been ignored by the show, the girl has been given nothing. I'm so looking forward to her arc with Malcom, somehow Willa has made me care about Thea. I can't wait to see her train and have to face Oliver again. I'm really hoping she finds out he's the Arrow sooner rather than later.

And Willa is a very capable actress +John Barrowman is awesome. Definitely looking forward to her story-line. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 2

Well, Thea and Malcolm have obviously been training while she's been gone. Maybe they've been in Corto Maltese the whole time? And I think Thea will be encouraged back to Starling City by Oliver when he tells her the truth about the Arrow because we know how much she values the truth. And then she returns to running Verdant, although she's not back with Roy, and probably a lot of her storyline will be trying to merge the two sides of her life - being a Queen and a Merlyn. So I expect she'll be hanging around Oliver more (and by extension Team Arrow…maybe?) but also bringing Malcolm into it. Didn't they say Malcolm, Thea and Oliver become a weird little family or am I making that up?!

Edited by Angel12d

Well, Thea and Malcolm have obviously been training while she's been gone. Maybe they've been in Corto Maltese the whole time? And I think Thea will be encouraged back to Starling City by Oliver when he tells her the truth about the Arrow because we know how much she values the truth. And then she returns to running Verdant, although she's not back with Roy, and probably a lot of her storyline will be trying to merge the two sides of her life - being a Queen and a Merlyn. So I expect she'll be hanging around Oliver more (and by extension Team Arrow…maybe?) but also bringing Malcolm into it. Didn't they say Malcolm, Thea and Oliver become a weird little family or am I making that up?!

This makes sense. I just find it hard to believe that Oliver and the rest of tea,m arrow will be totally fine with Merlyn not only being alive but being with Thea for 6 months. Like I imagine if they find out he`s alive they would try and have him arrested immediately?

I can see Malcolm manipulating Thea into infiltrating Team Arrow to get info/leverage for him, only for Thea to pull a Moira and betray him in the end.

Yeah this was another option I was thinking. But is Malcolm really that stupid to believe that Thea would choose him over her brother? Unless he like brainwashed her or something lol. 

• Love 1

I can see Malcolm manipulating Thea into infiltrating Team Arrow to get info/leverage for him, only for Thea to pull a Moira and betray him in the end.

Oooooh. WANT. Yes, I like that idea.

This makes sense. I just find it hard to believe that Oliver and the rest of tea,m arrow will be totally fine with Merlyn not only being alive but being with Thea for 6 months. Like I imagine if they find out he`s alive they would try and have him arrested immediately?

I don't think they will be fine with it at all but maybe Thea convinces Oliver not to do anything? I can see her doing that, having spent 6 months with him. They might have bonded. And Oliver would probably agree to that because he wants to be on Thea's good side.

I don't think they will be fine with it at all but maybe Thea convinces Oliver not to do anything? I can see her doing that, having spent 6 months with him. They might have bonded. And Oliver would probably agree to that because he wants to be on Thea's good side.

Haha since it`s a tv show I guess I could let it go.

But in the corner of my brain I would be like but...he killed like 500 mostly innocent people.... he`s  a terrorist.... he should be in jail. 

Edited by ban1o
  • Love 1

Canadagraphs (the Canadian papparazzi guy) said on his twitter that he got autographs from Audrey Marie Anderson (Lyla) tonight, so it looks like she's still alive (yay!) and in the crossover.

This makes me happy. Love Lyla! :) But I never really thought she was going to die. I mean She and Diggle just had a kid. No way, the writers would kill off  the kid`s mother this early on lol. 

Edited by ban1o

There were some cryptic tweets (I think from David Ramsey's account) that implied Diggle and Oliver had an emotional scene. Plus, DR said that having a wife (ex-wife?) and kid presented more dangers so I was a little worried that the "horrible" thing that happens had to do with Lyla/Digglette getting hurt/dying.

ETA: David Ramsey said on twitter during the filming of 3x02: "@amellywood  delivers a heart-wrenching performance on the set of #Arrow at the END of a 13hr work day! Bravo to the leader of the pack!", so maybe something bad happens to Oliver instead (as per usual)

Edited by drspaceman10

There were some cryptic tweets (I think from David Ramsey's account) that implied Diggle and Oliver had an emotional scene. Plus, DR said that having a wife (ex-wife?) and kid presented more dangers so I was a little worried that the "horrible" thing that happens had to do with Lyla/Digglette getting hurt/dying.

ETA: David Ramsey said on twitter during the filming of 3x02: "@amellywood  delivers a heart-wrenching performance on the set of #Arrow at the END of a 13hr work day! Bravo to the leader of the pack!", so maybe something bad happens to Oliver instead (as per usual)

People have been talking about this a lot lol. In one of the previews it shows Roy and Felicity crying and an arrow was sticking out from the bottom of the frame so a lot of people think someone was shot with an arrow

Edited by ban1o

What if Malcolm makes Thea kill Walter as a test of loyalty?

No, that would be way too hardcore. I do have a bad feeling that the people who speculated that the black arrow is stuck in Walter may be right, though.

I don't think Malcolm would make Thea kill Walter, she's not as badly traumatized as Oliver was in Hong Kong when Amanda Waller probably did order him to kill Tommy, and she wouldn't do it.

However, I wouldn't put it past Malcolm to kill Walter when Thea disobeys him, to bring her back in line.  John Barrowman has said that Malcolm wants to control Thea emotionally but he may have his reasoning all screwed up and just as he cut Tommy off financially, he may think that cutting off Thea emotionally from everyone she loves is going to help her control him.

Yeah I remember a reading that recent interview that Malcolm tries to "control" her "emotionally" Curious to what avenues he'll take to do this. Trying to cut her off from her friends and family is something that I can see him doing. 

Edited by ban1o

with Ra's coming in, probably in hunt of Malcolm, i'm gonna guess that Malcolm orders Thea to spy on Oliver but once Ra appears in Starling city Thea asks Oliver to help and save her only living parent so the team and Malcolm end up joining forces to beat Ra- "my enemy enemy is my friend" sort of thing. that's my logical deduction- mainly because the EP or JB have mentioned that Malcolm is supposed to be a series long antagonist, and quite frankly you don't just go off and off Cap. Jack after you made him a regular on your show.

And i can't see under any circumstances, Thea killing Walter.

Edited by foreverevolving

And i can't see under any circumstances, Thea killing Walter.

lol yep. The idea is just absurd to me. I really like your theory as well though. Everyone has such interesting theories for Thea's storyline! 

Edited by ban1o